THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Kizer and release Gordon ?

darren15

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

You know Gip, who are you, Hue, me, or anyone else to say that a veteran or new draftee will be his replacement? The new guy is still going to have to compete. The last time I looked, nobody gave Kizer the starting job. Whatever the level of talent we had, Kizer beat them. How do we know that Kizer won't beat out McCarron, et. al?

Here is what bothers me about this schidt pile. At QB, we aren't looking for a QB, we are looking for a savior, a miracle worker, someone to magically save the jobs of management and make the owner look respectable.

If we are looking for a QB? Then Kizer is not a question mark. He is part of this team and it is in everyone's interest to make this kid all he can be. I think Hue and the Browns treated this kid like schidt. Pulling him, not giving him confidence, not giving him weapons, and giving him an unimaginative, sitting duck offense that Joe Montana couldn't succeed in.

Anyone can draft talent. All these kids have talent. Developing players, that's what the Browns suck at. Kizer is a solid athlete, and a solid young man. You don't get rid of that spirit, you build on it.

Yea....that is a great theory....that it is the Browns that suck at developing QBs....that it is just the Browns that are the problem. If only these boys had gone somewhere else they would have all been successful QBs elsewhere.

Only problem with that theory is that when all these QBs we have taken have gone elsewhere....they have sucked worse than the did here. 

Nevertheless...the Browns WERE at fault:   they were at fault for selecting all these crap arsebags in the first place.  They HAVE sucked at selecting talent...not necessarily at developing it.   Some talent is never "developable".  Don't know yet about Kizer.  But based on evidence....I for one am not really willing to just hand the future over to this 0-15 guy at this point. 

6 hours ago, alzado82 said:

Hey guys, first post and life long Raider fan here. I applaud the Browns for sticking with Gordon and the way he is humbly dedicated to the team. I hope he retires a Brown.

I wanted to pop in and offer my input to you guys and to be honest you are not that far of. Some things I would consider:

Sign McCarron and by all means keep Kizer, but stash as the #2 and let him settle down from 2017.

Miami just tagged Landry. Make a serious run at him ( you got cap, use it now $15 - $16 mil per annum), send Miami your #4 this year and next yrs first.You have all those second rnd picks to make up for the loss of #4. Landry on one side, Gordon on the other (drool)

Sign Gordon, I believe he would sign for a reasonable amount

Draft Barkley #1

Good luck on the season

Uh...NO.   If sending all that for Landry is such a good deal...they why don't you go to your Raider board and suggest that they give 2 first round picks up for Jarvis Landry.  And see how fast your fellow Raiders fans put you in a Black Hole you would never escape from (along with your team)

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The only team that Kizer has any value to at all is the Browns. The Browns QB lineup should be 1 - Vet FA who plays now, 2 - Kizer if he earns the spot, 3 - 2018 1st or 4th draft pick QB who is supposed to sit unless there is no other choice.

Gordon is the best player on the team.

Or put the rookie at #2 and Kizer #3.....but sure....at least let the rookie and Kizer have a competition for the backup position.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Or put the rookie at #2 and Kizer #3.....but sure....at least let the rookie and Kizer have a competition for the backup position.

Strangly Kizer now has some real NFL in the trenches actual experience and maybe with a quarterback guru and many reps he might improve......a good draft will help.

ALSO 2018 is a rebuilding year, I was hoping for better in 2016 and 2017, "once bitten twice shy" so "twice bitten ???".

Oh boo, Gordon might be pro bowl material as long as he plays 16 games.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So if I'm the Browns, I offer Josh something semi-decent, with a lot of *** on it. Plenty of incentives based on # of catches, TDs, over 1,000 yards receiving. But if you get busted again, the contract voids. If he returns to Pro Bowl form, we can always franchise him next year. That's the scary thought- because that $16 million would be guaranteed regardless. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

So if I'm the Browns, I offer Josh something semi-decent, with a lot of *** on it. Plenty of incentives based on # of catches, TDs, over 1,000 yards receiving. But if you get busted again, the contract voids. If he returns to Pro Bowl form, we can always franchise him next year. That's the scary thought- because that $16 million would be guaranteed regardless. 

Question, is the $16 million guaranteed if he tests positive or screws up the conditions of his substance abuse program and gets suspended again? (if he's franchised) 

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Strangly Kizer now has some real NFL in the trenches actual experience and maybe with a quarterback guru and many reps he might improve......a good draft will help.

ALSO 2018 is a rebuilding year, I was hoping for better in 2016 and 2017, "once bitten twice shy" so "twice bitten ???".

Oh boo, Gordon might be pro bowl material as long as he plays 16 games.

I definitely don't trade Kizer. We put in a LOT of time with him and we suffered through a tough season. I don't want to do the dirty work and then have another team reap benefits. It might be a long shot for Kizer to ever be good, but he does possess the physical traits everybody is looking for, and he is a hard worker. 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap000000917082/article/wideout-josh-gordon-under-browns-control-as-erfa  media--everybody must be stoned..read second to last paragraph from bottom.

"Due to Gordon's suspensions for violation of the league's substance-abuse policy, he's not slated to reach unrestricted free agency until after the 2020 season -- doubling the customary four-year waiting period for second-round draft picks."

Very interesting.

On 2/21/2018 at 4:05 AM, alzado82 said:

Hey guys, first post and life long Raider fan here. I applaud the Browns for sticking with Gordon and the way he is humbly dedicated to the team. I hope he retires a Brown.

I wanted to pop in and offer my input to you guys and to be honest you are not that far of. Some things I would consider:

Sign McCarron and by all means keep Kizer, but stash as the #2 and let him settle down from 2017.

Miami just tagged Landry. Make a serious run at him ( you got cap, use it now $15 - $16 mil per annum), send Miami your #4 this year and next yrs first.You have all those second rnd picks to make up for the loss of #4. Landry on one side, Gordon on the other (drool)

Draft Barkley #1

Good luck on the season

Yeah or none of that.  Especially the Landry part.

13 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Question, is the $16 million guaranteed if he tests positive or screws up the conditions of his substance abuse program and gets suspended again? (if he's franchised) 

Good question, and I don't thing it's ever come up before.  It has to be in the fine print somewhere in the collective bargaining agreement. Looks like that money would be guaranteed regardless. So, if Josh goes on to have a stellar season this year, it would greatly behoove the Browns to work out a long term deal first- that would void the rest of the contract in the event he gets suspended again. 

On 2/21/2018 at 4:05 AM, alzado82 said:

Draft Barkley #1

Good luck on the season

Our #4 and next year’s first is a steep price to pay for Landry.

I hope we get Albert Wilson from KC to play slot receiver 

11 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Our #4 and next year’s first is a steep price to pay for Landry.

I hope we get Albert Wilson from KC to play slot receiver 

It would be easier to take Calvin Ridley @#4 or Christian Kirk by trading into the late 1st.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:55 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

It would be easier to take Calvin Ridley @#4 or Christian Kirk by trading into the late 1st.

Corey Coleman...go take a seat...  https://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/christian-kirk/christian-kirk  quote coming from Saban, who is Ridley's coach. this kid can ball

A lot of posters here overstate kizer's raw talent and potential.  I'm not saying he is cody kessler in terms of lack of upside if everything clicks, but his natural ability is far less than some here make it out to be.  Hes not nearly as good of an athlete as some here describe him, and his arm when he isn't stepping into a throw and not right on his spot is not as great as some here describe it. 

Also the comparisons to Goff are ridiculous.Goff was the #1 overall pick who despite a terrible rookie season was still going into year #2 as someone who was drafted #1 just a year earlier.  Thought of in a completely different way than kizer.

But yeah, no point in really 'trading' him.  It would basically be like releasing him.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

A lot of posters here overstate kizer's raw talent and potential.  I'm not saying he is cody kessler in terms of lack of upside if everything clicks, but his natural ability is far less than some here make it out to be.  Hes not nearly as good of an athlete as some here describe him, and his arm when he isn't stepping into a throw and not right on his spot is not as great as some here describe it. 

Also the comparisons to Goff are ridiculous.Goff was the #1 overall pick who despite a terrible rookie season was still going into year #2 as someone who was drafted #1 just a year earlier.  Thought of in a completely different way than kizer.

But yeah, no point in really 'trading' him.  It would basically be like releasing him.

Yo quiero Taco's Sale.  Well said Taco!

Archived