THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Kizer and release Gordon ?

darren15

A terrible move for us to trade Kizer.  I've said this before and I'll say it again:  "He was a rookie with no around to give him the overall train him or at least know what to expect."  I've compared him to Goff (#1 overall selection).  Even though Goff had playoff players on his team and we didn't, he still only won 4 games.  Do not let Kizer go.  I wouldn't have a problem with letting Gordon go though.  We probably won't find a WR as gifted as him, but you never know when he will go back to smoking weed.  Then we'll have no choice but to let him go.  

quit posting anything to do with CBS attaching Jason Fa-La-La Canfora name to anything..The guys a nobody wanting clicks..Were paying Kizer,465K,690K,915K & 1.1M if we get to 2020. Kizer was shown the turf due to Brock,Kessler & Hogan..Cut Them other 2 too...Gordon? Did ya see what we paid Britt just to leave? Gordon basic'ly cost us nothing to keep him this season..Can't a ford'a..Your A Joke!!

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Dump Kizer.  No loss.

And the BROWNS quarterback situation will be further reduced, this team needs every WR, QB available until help arrives.......maybe in 2019 or 2020. :lol:

Why trade Kizer?  And for what.  I mean....unless someone wants to replenish the 2d rounder we used on him....no way. Despite his suckotage....he should still be kept as a backup  (over Kessler and Hogan)

And the suggestion to dump Gordon......that is just Hatorade.   Either hate for the Browns (it was LaCanfora...so....that is likely)  or hate for Gordon...which is just as likely.

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why trade Kizer?  And for what.  I mean....unless someone wants to replenish the 2d rounder we used on him....no way. Despite his suckotage....he should still be kept as a backup  (over Kessler and Hogan)

And the suggestion to dump Gordon......that is just Hatorade.   Either hate for the Browns (it was LaCanfora...so....that is likely)  or hate for Gordon...which is just as likely.

Yeah maybe they can pick up a 13th pick in the draft for Kizer. :lol:

8 hours ago, darren15 said:

It's well documented LaCanfora hates the Browns. 

1) We wouldn't get a sack of potatoes for Kizer. 

2) No news is good news about Josh. He stays clean, still one of the top 10 wrs in the game.

Browns fans should ignore this guy.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

247 is trash and Canfora is a hack.

Maybe he had a deadline and nothing going on in his head? :lol:

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We'd be idiots to trade Kizer

Exactly Woodster- he's still on his rookie 2nd round deal (looked it up on spotrac just over $1 million) and at worst he'll be third string this year. 

KIZ080286.png

DeShone Kizer   #7 QB

Cleveland Browns | Official Team Site

Height: 6-4   Weight: 233   Age: 22

Born: 1/3/1996 Toledo , OH

College: Notre Dame

Experience: 2nd season

High School: Central Catholic HS [Toledo, OH]

TDS

INT

YDS

RTG

PASSING
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2017 Cleveland Browns 15 476 255 53.6 31.7 2,894 6.1 192.9 11 2.3 22 4.6 56T 43 3 38 226 60.5

TOTAL 15 476 255 53.6 31.7 2,894 6.1 192.9 11 2.3 22 4.6 56 43 3 38 226 60.5

RUSHING
Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
2017 Cleveland Browns 15 77 5.1 419 5.4 27.9 5 20 28 36.4 2 0 3

TOTAL 15 77 5.1 419 5.4 27.9 5 20 28 36.4 2 0 3

FUMBLES
Year Team G FUM Lost FF Rec Rec Yds Yds TD OOB Sfty TB
2017 Cleveland Browns 15 9 6 -- 2 -- 0 -- -- 0 0 0

TOTAL 15 9 6 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
player-stats-wrapper-foot-bg.png

I would have never drafted the kid. That said, I will repeat myself for #201, he has more upside, and greater physical skills than any QB we have, and more than likely, any QB we are considering.

The kid had the Steelers dead to rights. Fumble fingers Coleman screwed the kid over. Kizer can play. Unfortunately, he mixes in enough horseschidt to sour an entire game. Decision making? He can get better. Really, is he costing so much that releasing him is a big bonus? WHo would we put in his place? 

Sorry, this kid has better skills than RG3. He likes his job, the players like him, he isn't making a mess off the field and reportedly he is a hard butt worker. Black Tarkenton or not, you gotta be nuts to get rid of a kid of this caliber. 

Trading Kizer makes no sense. Although he had a miserable season, he still got a TON of experience. If the game ever slows down for him, we may have a solid backup QB worst case, and best case we have a guy who could start (although severely unlikely). Kizer was 21 people, and he showed toughness, grit, and best of all, heart. That last game against Pittsburgh really showed me something, and although he started off MISERABLY and our team was down 14 early, he didn't lose his head and probably finished playing the best game of the year. And don't give me any crap about Pittsburgh resting their players because they didn't. The ONLY defensive player who didn't play was their star DT. 

It's not worth discussing trading Josh Gordon because that's dumb. 

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I would have never drafted the kid. That said, I will repeat myself for #201, he has more upside, and greater physical skills than any QB we have, and more than likely, any QB we are considering.

The kid had the Steelers dead to rights. Fumble fingers Coleman screwed the kid over. Kizer can play. Unfortunately, he mixes in enough horseschidt to sour an entire game. Decision making? He can get better. Really, is he costing so much that releasing him is a big bonus? WHo would we put in his place? 

Sorry, this kid has better skills than RG3. He likes his job, the players like him, he isn't making a mess off the field and reportedly he is a hard butt worker. Black Tarkenton or not, you gotta be nuts to get rid of a kid of this caliber. 

With a real HC the rookie could have had 4-5 wins in 2017. Huey Fig Newton did him no favors and his so called "receivers" even less so. I have not given up on him either.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Agree that we do not dump him.  He does have that raw potential....but no, no reason to get rid of him.  That does not mean though that we do not bring in his potential replacement.  

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactly Woodster- he's still on his rookie 2nd round deal (looked it up on spotrac just over $1 million) and at worst he'll be third string this year. 

Some people may not realize that Kizer didn't really have that much experience at ND plus he was a passing and running QB there, doesn't always translate to the NFL game. And maybe he had recievers that could catch? 

Passing

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Notre Dame         422 695 60.7 5805 8.4 8.5 47 19 147.7
*2015 Notre Dame Ind SO QB 13 210 334 62.9 2880 8.6 8.5 21 10 150.1
2016 Notre Dame Ind JR QB 12 212 361 58.7 2925 8.1 8.4 26 9 145.6
    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Notre Dame         264 997 3.8 18 1 4 4.0 0 265 1001 3.8 18
*2015 Notre Dame Ind SO QB 13 135 525 3.9 10 0 0   0 135 525 3.9 10
2016 Notre Dame Ind JR QB 12 129 472 3.7 8 1 4 4.0 0 130 476 3.7 8

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Some people may not realize that Kizer didn't really have that much experience at ND plus he was a passing and running QB there, doesn't always translate to the NFL game. And maybe he had recievers that could catch? 

There are a lot of times that I wish he would have run instead of thrown.  How many of his Ints. were in the red zone?  A fair number.  If he had just run instead of throwing all those picks....the Browns may have actually won a couple of games.  It would at least have given us FG opportunities, rather than being a turnover.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There are a lot of times that I wish he would have run instead of thrown.  How many of his Ints. were in the red zone?  A fair number.  If he had just run instead of throwing all those picks....the Browns may have actually won a couple of games.  It would at least have given us FG opportunities, rather than being a turnover.

There are really only two situations in which I wish he had ran last year 1) When he was under center 2) When he took snaps in shotgun. 

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Agree that we do not dump him.  He does have that raw potential....but no, no reason to get rid of him.  That does not mean though that we do not bring in his potential replacement.  

You know Gip, who are you, Hue, me, or anyone else to say that a veteran or new draftee will be his replacement? The new guy is still going to have to compete. The last time I looked, nobody gave Kizer the starting job. Whatever the level of talent we had, Kizer beat them. How do we know that Kizer won't beat out McCarron, et. al?

Here is what bothers me about this schidt pile. At QB, we aren't looking for a QB, we are looking for a savior, a miracle worker, someone to magically save the jobs of management and make the owner look respectable.

If we are looking for a QB? Then Kizer is not a question mark. He is part of this team and it is in everyone's interest to make this kid all he can be. I think Hue and the Browns treated this kid like schidt. Pulling him, not giving him confidence, not giving him weapons, and giving him an unimaginative, sitting duck offense that Joe Montana couldn't succeed in.

Anyone can draft talent. All these kids have talent. Developing players, that's what the Browns suck at. Kizer is a solid athlete, and a solid young man. You don't get rid of that spirit, you build on it.

Hey guys, first post and life long Raider fan here. I applaud the Browns for sticking with Gordon and the way he is humbly dedicated to the team. I hope he retires a Brown.

I wanted to pop in and offer my input to you guys and to be honest you are not that far of. Some things I would consider:

Sign McCarron and by all means keep Kizer, but stash as the #2 and let him settle down from 2017.

Miami just tagged Landry. Make a serious run at him ( you got cap, use it now $15 - $16 mil per annum), send Miami your #4 this year and next yrs first.You have all those second rnd picks to make up for the loss of #4. Landry on one side, Gordon on the other (drool)

Sign Gordon, I believe he would sign for a reasonable amount

Draft Barkley #1

Good luck on the season

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

You know Gip, who are you, Hue, me, or anyone else to say that a veteran or new draftee will be his replacement? The new guy is still going to have to compete. The last time I looked, nobody gave Kizer the starting job. Whatever the level of talent we had, Kizer beat them. How do we know that Kizer won't beat out McCarron, et. al?

Hue gave him the job.

The pee wee football coach naming his bench warmer son starting QB doesnt make it right. 

Archived