THE BROWNS BOARD

Okay kiddies here's your inevitable gun control thread

Westside Steve

meanwhile, I suppose we should enact some stringent land mine and grenade control laws...

wait...they ARE ILLEGAL.

but this kid had them anyways. more laws isn't the answer - the murderers will still get them.

http://wjla.com/news/local/police-guns-ammunition-vest-found-at-home-of-student-arrested-for-having-gun-at-md-hs

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

meanwhile, I suppose we should enact some stringent land mine and grenade control laws...

wait...they ARE ILLEGAL.

but this kid had them anyways. more laws isn't the answer - the murderers will still get them.

http://wjla.com/news/local/police-guns-ammunition-vest-found-at-home-of-student-arrested-for-having-gun-at-md-hs

Awe man, I thought you were going to bring up the good stuff :

image.png.41cf48cd01f17ff13c56894a303cd17b.png

image.png.3e501ec6d2d29de9a9c8555fdefb81b4.png

My personal favorite.

image.png.cc8b2a98ca300858d82e8476b97ac566.png

image.png.be766f68b31582ccd3134ffdb4f63407.png

Crazy World - all legal - https://www.online-paralegal-programs.com/crazy-weapons-that-are-still-legal-in-the-us/

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

18 was just something that didn't come to mind or....?

Well there are two different subjects but do you honestly believe that if we raised the age to purchase an AR-15, or even any firearm, to 21 there would be a noticeable reduction in school shootings? 

Also the Lion's Share of traffic deaths are from drivers 16 through 20. Because they are an experienced immature drivers. Not because they are psychopaths adding up to above one in many millions.

WSS

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well there are two different subjects but do you honestly believe that if we raised the age to purchase an AR-15, or even any firearm, to 21 there would be a noticeable reduction in school shootings? 

Also the Lion's Share of traffic deaths are from drivers 16 through 20. Because they are an experienced immature drivers. Not because they are psychopaths adding up to above one in many millions.

WSS

I'd say there is a possibility in school shooting reductions raising the age to 21, yes.         Keep in mind I say possible, no guarantee. 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'd say there is a possibility in school shooting reductions raising the age to 21, yes.         Keep in mind I say possible, no guarantee. 

Well I guess anything's possible. Again we are dealing with a microscopic percentage of lunatics. 

Then again if preservation of life is really your concern why wouldn't you support raising the driving age to 21?

WSS

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Trump pushing to ban bumpstocks. Any opinion on this from the slippery slope crowd?

I think bumpstocks are a joke and far more likely to jam a firearm than function correctly but I am on the fence about the ban. What comes next?

....thanks, Obama?

:lol:

25 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Trump pushing to ban bumpstocks. Any opinion on this from the slippery slope crowd?

I think bumpstocks are a joke and far more likely to jam a firearm than function correctly but I am on the fence about the ban. What comes next?

Wasn't that the hot item like 4 mass shootings ago?

6 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Vegas.  If they had only been used on weekends in Chicago, no one would have cared or known about them. Brown people getting smoked by other brown people (not a jab at you) doesn’t motivate white liberals to political action.

To be fair it doesn't motivate Democrats the black Congressional caucus or the Al Sharpton's of the world to demand reform within the black community either.  But I have no doubt there would be a huge outcry if the Klan killed a couple hundred black children a year in regularly occurring mass shootings.

WSS

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

To be fair it doesn't motivate Democrats the black Congressional caucus or the Al Sharpton's of the world to demand reform within the black community either.  But I have no doubt there would be a huge outcry if the Klan killed a couple hundred black children a year in regularly occurring mass shootings.

WSS

No doubt. While they figure that out, figuring out why guns have been widely available since the inception of the U.S. but only in the last 20-30 years have school shootings and massacres been a "thing" would be nice.

10 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

No doubt. While they figure that out, figuring out why guns have been widely available since the inception of the U.S. but only in the last 20-30 years have school shootings and massacres been a "thing" would be nice.

Actually logic, I think more than availability of guns more than the shortcomings of the FBI more than violent TV shows or movies or video games we have seen an unprecedented rise in social media over the last 20 years. Hundreds of cable stations 24/7 news broadcasts all of which available to everybody with a smartphone. As sick as it is the name's Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson are household names. Now because of a couple hours of insanity the otherwise meaningless name Nicholas Cruz is stuck in the heads of every American. I don't think anyone deny that people are addicted to attention. We all love to be on TV or the radio or in the newspapers and world-class psychopaths like Cruz now have a relatively easy way of capturing the world stage. I have no idea how we can stop that. But I think it's the truth.

WSS

I think banning bump stocks would be a good idea.  Making mental health records part of a national database that would be included in a background check would also be a good idea.  Requiring BI at gun shows would be a good idea.  That's as far as I would go.  Raising the age limit would be of no value.  If you're old enough to put on a uniform and fight for this country, you should be old enough to buy a weapon.

44 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think banning bump stocks would be a good idea.  Making mental health records part of a national database that would be included in a background check would also be a good idea.  Requiring BI at gun shows would be a good idea.  That's as far as I would go.  Raising the age limit would be of no value.  If you're old enough to put on a uniform and fight for this country, you should be old enough to buy a weapon.

I actually don't have any substantial problem with any of these minor regulations. Including registration for every single weapon as long as it doesn't start down the slippery slope of confiscation. My point is that they aren't really serious measures and will have Zero Effect. 

But lets say we enact every one of those measures. In two or three months when the next mass school shooting happens then what?

Remember that under the first assault weapons ban there was an accompanying study by the justice department that found out that banning assault weapons made absolutely no difference.

WSS

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm fairly confident that's not true. Hell, if you did through this forum enough I bet Obama was blamed for at least one. Just start with the ones not done by a white male

That being said, blaming this on Trump is idiotic

Depends who you listen to, I'm sure CNN didn't blame anything on Barry. 

52 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Lol

Actually Cal blamed everything on Obama but Woody doesn't know the difference between that and the mainstream media.

WSS

The meme didn't qualify that it was only blame from "main stream media"

(Which, from my understanding here, is any media someone very conservative disagrees with)

just so it's clear, background checks ARE REQUIRED BY LAW at GUN SHOWS.

Now private citizens can sell guns without a background check.

Problem is, if private citizens had to do background checks, that would require universal registration, which means

the gov, worse, a liberal gov, would know where every gun was and who owned it, and they could be taxed out of owning them,

they could have the guns, names and addresses of the owners published to the public like happened in NYC....

I'm fine with banning those bump stock things. But the corrupt leftwing media and liberals always see everything as a wedge to get more power and ultimately, win a permanent win over non-liberal Real America.

That is why nothing else much can be done about gun control. The mental health part - MUST be addressed. MUST BE added to the background checks. Relevant criminal investigations/offenses - must be added.

But, that opens the door to abuse. Be a kid in liberal school system, and not be in athletics, be a conservative, and some other kids will revel at the chance to turn that kid in falsely if they find out his family hunts, and he as a .22 for squirrel hunting.

Be an avid liberal dr., and anti-gun, and the same thing applies. We already have false reports, causing a swat team to show up at someone's house as a joke or something. Wait til the door is opened for completely unwarranted false reports of an anti-gun political hackjob on any hunter some liberal activists don't like.

These shootings happen because of mental illness, drugs, bullying... but the liberals want to go after a couple of hundred? million American gun owners and our 2nd Amendment.

If one of these mentall ill kids locks the doors to a school, and throws gasline around and sets the whole school on fire,

the msm could hardly cover it, and the left would not have anything to say about all the kids and adults who would tragically die.

Which would be a number far exceeding any school shooting.

Archived