THE BROWNS BOARD

Okay kiddies here's your inevitable gun control thread

Westside Steve

38 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just think, over 3000 Americans lost their lives on 9/11 and not a single shot was fired.

The Oklahoma City bomber killed 168 with fertilizer.

There was a guy in China that hacked and killed 34 to death with a knife.

Vehicles seem to be en Vogue these days, used to mow down pedestrians.

Stopping the guns isn’t the answer, where there’s a will...there’s a way.

That's not true. The only way to cut down on or stop gun violence is a zero tolerance policy for gun possession. 10 or 20 years for possession 20 or 40 for selling 40 to life for smuggling. Guaranteed prison terms sooner or later the guns will be gone and there will be less gun violence. That's really the case. Anybody disagree? You're dreaming.

I'm not advocating that just facing the fact. And yes we will still have butcher knives arson swords clubs vehicles Etc but if the goal is really to eliminate gun violence that's it.

We want the issue not the solution.

WSS

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Never happen.  It would be impossible to enforce in this country. There are millions upon millions of guns already out, with probably billions of ammo, etc.  Records of who owns what are probably very sketchy at best.  

I never said it would happen I never said I advocated it.  I said that's the only policy that will work. And even if it did the effort would have to be draconian and it would take decades.

WSS

58 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually I neglected to check out the post which I usually do. And I admitted it. And even after that rather than to add anything to the conversation you continue down your road of defending Ms Waters tooth and nail.

WSS

Except I'm not defending her at all. I'm pointing out that something you posted was wrong. Another common pitfall on this board.

If false information about Hilary is posted, and then I debunk it, I'm not defending Hilary. I'm just pointing out false information. Actual fake news. I'm defending the idea of what a real debate should be.

Both that, and the continued willingness to be fooled by and then spread false information, are two major points in why any political debate with people like this are pointless. How is any ground or compromise going to be made when someone is so easily and willingly swayed by false info.

I called Cal out for something similar in another thread. He proceeded to backtrack in one, and then post more unauthenticated quotes. He literally has such a poor understanding of what a legitimate source is that, in order to defend himself on posting fake quotes, he did the exact same thing again

All of this is on topic. All of this is at the core of those clusterShmuck of a board. A microcosm of our American politics as a hole. Why would anyone try to debate the merits of gun control when people are easily swayed by a meme on Facebook?

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

you will need to elaborate on that.

WSS

Gun control advocates are too quick to act as if banning certain guns or background checks will solve the problem and gun rights advocates drape themselves in the flag and act as though any discussion on limiting gun access means communist Russia is our next evolution.

"Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.”

Justice Antonin Scalia, District of Columbia v. Heller, 2008

17 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I think that’s the premise for the legalization of marijuana.

The government can’t stop it, so just legalize it and tax the fukk out of it.

No I think the justification it’s no worse for society than alcohol, so legalize it and tax it.

22 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

No I think the justification it’s no worse for society than alcohol, so legalize it and tax it.

I know people who love their Oxy. I'd imagine the tax would be less and they would have to pay on the street so there's a win-win. Cocaine? Probably easy as hell to produce so the tax would be a bargain. Not only that but few lines in the morning at the factory production goes to the roof.

WSS

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I think that’s the premise for the legalization of marijuana.

The government can’t stop it, so just legalize it and tax the fukk out of it.

No, the premise for the legalization of marijuana is that we can make a lot of money taxing it and that it isn't nearly as dangerous as alcohol. There's no real argument to keep it illegal. 

But I'm responding to what you posted in that meme. Are you saying we should make all drugs legal?

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I know people who love their Oxy. I'd imagine the tax would be less and they would have to pay on the street so there's a win-win. Cocaine? Probably easy as hell to produce so the tax would be a bargain. Not only that but few lines in the morning at the factory production goes to the roof.

WSS

Ignoring the fact that those drugs are, oh I don't know, legitimately terrible for your health and very dangerous...

and THEY LIKE cars. they DON'T like guns.

Woody doesn't "see" why anybody needs an AR-15.

Well, I have a semi-automatic .22 with a nice scope. It's my squirrel rifle. It shoots a little .22 each time I pull the trigger. An AR-15 does the exact same thing.

Some AR-15's are .22 caliber. Leftwing poltiics are strictly angry emotional, not common sense.

They don't want "common sense gun control" - they hate not having a permanent emotional win over the non-left, and a repeal of our 2nd Amendment would pretty much give them that - like they demand to win all elections - and when they lose both houses and the presidency - they went on the "warpath".

Too many of them have finally admitted, their ulterior motive is to get a foot in the door to get rid of our right to own our guns.

There is no taking away of a permanent RIGHT. What good would any right be, if it can be taken away by a whim of the majority of voters in one place, or the entire country? That is other countries - not us.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/mask-is-coming-off-commonsense-gun-safety-law-disclaimers/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=8a332b6a05-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-8a332b6a05-20770865#axzz57Z08f32x

the left LIEs, and live with complete falsehoods as a dramatic emotional manipulation of other people tool.

The kgb always did it. The gestapo always did it. It has been how vicious groups get and keep complete control and power.

"hands up, don't shoot" .... completely fake. Effective though.

"Cruz was trained by the NRA"  .....complete fame. Effective though.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/17/nikolas-cruz-nra-training/

Anti-Gun News Outlets Push False Claim That Florida Shooter Was ‘Trained’ By The NRA

That's right - the killer was in JROTC. Supported by the U.S. Army. It's a lie.

They don't care though. They love lies because they can work.

'Vox, a left-leaning website, published an article with the headline: “Nikolas Cruz was reportedly on an NRA-funded rifle team in high school.”

And Think Progress, a website affiliated with the leftist Center for American Progress, published a piece headlined, “The NRA donated $10,000 to help train the Parkland shooting suspect to use a rifle.” '

but the truth is...

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/15/jrotc-students-save-peers-kevlar-curtains/

how bad it the political hate over losing their control over our country in the WH ?

*****************************************************************************************

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cbs-fires-legal-exec-las-vegas-1202578075/

CBS has fired a legal executive who took to social media Monday morning with harsh words for the victims of one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, a VP and senior counsel in strategic transactions at CBS wrote on Facebook Monday just hours after a shooting in Las Vegas at a country-music festival left at least 58 dead and hundreds more injured, “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often republican gun toters.”

It's political hatred. Their side lost. ObaMao and the dems owned both houses and the presidency for two years?

did nothing. They cannot get rid of reality. Violent mentally ill get violent. With a car, gun, flamethrower, bomb, knives,

swords, trucks, gasoline, any spray poison... whatever might help them be violent and murder people. The 9/11 murderers used box knives, lies and airplanes to murder so many. Hear any of the left demand that box knives and airplanes be banned? nope.

But it's guns that are the "other political side".

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

and THEY LIKE cars. they DON'T like guns.

Woody doesn't "see" why anybody needs an AR-15.

Well, I have a semi-automatic .22 with a nice scope. It's my squirrel rifle. It shoots a little .22 each time I pull the trigger. An AR-15 does the exact same thing.

Some AR-15's are .22 caliber. Leftwing poltiics are strictly angry emotional, not common sense.

They don't want "common sense gun control" - they hate not having a permanent emotional win over the non-left, and a repeal of our 2nd Amendment would pretty much give them that - like they demand to win all elections - and when they lose both houses and the presidency - they went on the "warpath".

Too many of them have finally admitted, their ulterior motive is to get a foot in the door to get rid of our right to own our guns.

There is no taking away of a permanent RIGHT. What good would any right be, if it can be taken away by a whim of the majority of voters in one place, or the entire country? That is other countries - not us.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/mask-is-coming-off-commonsense-gun-safety-law-disclaimers/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=8a332b6a05-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-8a332b6a05-20770865#axzz57Z08f32x

22 rifles have a velocity of between 1400-1800 fps

The AR-15 (in .223) has an average velocity of 2800-3300 fps. It's useless for home defense, you'll shoot straight through your house and into your neighbors house. It's not just about the caliber but the force in which it hits. 

It's not just about the gun but about the type of person who is doing the shooting and it's obvious they're drawn to the AR platform. It's about the image. It's about the attention. You and I know that the AR isn't the only gun that can kill you quickly. Far from it. Even the decidedly low tech revolver can do that. 

That's why I both won't care if it gets banned and keep trying to tell people it's a half-measure. Something to pat themselves on the back about and nothing more. 

It won't stop mass shootings. Only a complete and total confiscation of all guns will do that. And, we'll have to effectively close off Mexico or they'll just start running guns along with drugs. And then you'll start seeing much more of vehicular homicide. 

The root causes have to be addressed. 

Archived