THE BROWNS BOARD

No this doesn't go in the NBA board

Westside Steve

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/02/16/laura-ingraham-fox-news-lebron-james-chris-long-tweets

She's right. And before Woody starts squeaking I don't care what Ted Nugent thinks either.

WSS

Right right right. Typical Steve tactics aside...

Way too many people are completely controlled by their political opinions and party. This thread has many such examples. They don't care whether someone is an expert on what they're saying. They care about whether they agree with what the person in question is saying. 

It's very, very obvious

If Lebron goes out and supports Trump this lady isn't posting that he should stick to sports. 

Either anyone can say what they want about things, or only experts can. You can't pick and choose based on what they say.

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Right right right. Typical Steve tactics aside...

Way too many people are completely controlled by their political opinions and party. This thread has many such examples.

including you

They don't care whether someone is an expert on what they're saying.

LeBron is barely literate, let alone an expert.

They care about whether they agree with what the person in question is saying. 

And?

It's very, very obvious

If Lebron goes out and supports Trump this lady isn't posting that he should stick to sports. 

But you are.

Either anyone can say what they want about things, or only experts can. You can't pick and choose based on what they say.

Sure you can. Why Not?

WSS

No, not me at all. I don't post thread after thread of incredibly biased articles from one side of the aisle. I didn't even vote for the party you think controls me. I'm very clearly not in that group I'm talking about. There's another issue with that group, anyone that disagrees with them on one thing must just be the complete opposite on everything. Must fit into some group they deme the enemy. The people that have their heads up one political party's butt on here are very obvious. You just happen to be on that side, slowly trending further that way, so you refuse to say anything or acknowledge it.

... You really don't see the hypocrisy in this argument and what they're saying? Athlete says something anti Trump, right wing says stick to sports. Athlete says something pro Trump, right wing either says nothing or celebrates it (and yes, I'm sure this goes both ways, tho we see more examples with one side on here). 

I can explain to you why it's hypocritical, but the very core of how many posters and people in general act about Political issues is insanely hypocritical. I'm not surprised they either don't get it or don't care

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well here's the video.

WSS

1) damn she's loving the smell of her own farts in that

2) "this is what happens when you leave high school a year early" ... But don't go to college either, you elitist.

3) She thinks LeBron was barely intelligible? Come on. That's easily on par with some Trump gems

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No, not me at all. I don't post thread after thread of incredibly biased articles from one side of the aisle. I didn't even vote for the party you think controls me. I'm very clearly not in that group I'm talking about. There's another issue with that group, anyone that disagrees with them on one thing must just be the complete opposite on everything. Must fit into some group they deme the enemy. The people that have their heads up one political party's butt on here are very obvious. You just happen to be on that side, slowly trending further that way, so you refuse to say anything or acknowledge it.

regardless of who you did or didn't vote for you do complain about just about every post from one side of the political and that is the sole reason you are forced to play the part of the defender of the left. Simple as that Woody.

... You really don't see the hypocrisy in this argument and what they're saying? Athlete says something anti Trump, right wing says stick to sports. Athlete says something pro Trump, right wing either says nothing or celebrates it (and yes, I'm sure this goes both ways, tho we see more examples with one side on here). 

actually regardless of politics I think the point to be gathered here is LeBron James who considers himself a spokesperson is incapable of expressing himself like an intelligent human being.

I can explain to you why it's hypocritical, but the very core of how many posters and people in general act about Political issues is insanely hypocritical. I'm not surprised they either don't get it or don't care

I'm guessing the latter.

WSS

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

1) damn she's loving the smell of her own farts in that

2) "this is what happens when you leave high school a year early" ... But don't go to college either, you elitist.

3) She thinks LeBron was barely intelligible? Come on. That's easily on par with some Trump gems

I think the difference is that Trump is more of an assshole than a dunce.

But it's fairly common knowledge the LeBron James skated through any academic portions of his high school career because of his athletic gifts.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm guessing the latter.

WSS

99% of this board is a right wing circle jerk. Any comment I make that isn't far right will be seen as Liberal. I can disagree and take a moderate side and be called a dirty liberal. This place is so skewed one way that the majority of what's left is seen as left wing even though it isn't.

Plus, if a post is just wrong. Or I'm pointing out the bias. That isn't me defending the left. That's me poking at something being wrong or incredibly biased.

I think you need to take a hard look at what some people on the side you agree with have said. Some people that have been paraded out.

LeBron expressed himself fine. You, and that fox News lady, just disagreed with what he said. So now he's barely intelligible or whatever.

It's incredibly Shmucking obvious. 

Get another athlete to say something pro Trump in a similar way and I guarantee there's no "shut up and dribble" response

The overwhelming bias and lack of self awareness politically for some in this country is just too Shmucking much. Can't blame the Russians when our population doesn't even know how to tell if something is a legitimate source online

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The overwhelming bias and lack of self awareness politically for some liberal woodpeckers in this country is just too Shmucking much. Can't blame the Russians when our population's woodpecker doesn't even know how to tell if something is a legitimate source online

fixed.

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

99% of this board is a right wing circle jerk. Any comment I make that isn't far right will be seen as Liberal. I can disagree and take a moderate side and be called a dirty liberal. This place is so skewed one way that the majority of what's left is seen as left wing even though it isn't.

Plus, if a post is just wrong. Or I'm pointing out the bias. That isn't me defending the left. That's me poking at something being wrong or incredibly biased.

I think you need to take a hard look at what some people on the side you agree with have said. Some people that have been paraded out.

LeBron expressed himself fine. You, and that fox News lady, just disagreed with what he said. So now he's barely intelligible or whatever.

It's incredibly Shmucking obvious. 

Get another athlete to say something pro Trump in a similar way and I guarantee there's no "shut up and dribble" response

The overwhelming bias and lack of self awareness politically for some in this country is just too Shmucking much. Can't blame the Russians when our population doesn't even know how to tell if something is a legitimate source online

For what it's worth, I agree with you for the most part about Lebron.  He was asked the question and he answered.  So what?  And i happen to believe the off court, business savvy LeBron has been privileged to life experiences that surrounds him with people that make him smarter than he's expected to be.  He just plays an idiot on tv because he knows who watches.  Jimmy Kimmel anyone?

But if people are so biased, as you say, how can Russia be an influence.  How can you deliver someone from the 'promiseland' to the 'promiseland'?  That would be some breakthrough in political polarity.  

I mean your take is normally the average republican is a southern white, inbred hillbilly, slackjaw racist homophobe that always votes against their best interest.  But not this time, it was the Russians that chose for them.

This isn't a peer review, but your "the Russians have brought us full circle" theory doesn't seem to be well thought out.

10 hours ago, htownbrown said:

I mean your take is normally the average republican is a southern white, inbred hillbilly, slackjaw racist homophobe that always votes against their best interest.  But not this time, it was the Russians that chose for them.

That's not my take...

Here we go now it is about racism:

"Durant and James both responded in separate statements Friday, saying they would not stop talking about political issues important to them and accusing the Fox host of racism."

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/374375-ingraham-comments-reignite-political-feud-with-nba-stars

14 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Here we go now it is about racism:

"Durant and James both responded in separate statements Friday, saying they would not stop talking about political issues important to them and accusing the Fox host of racism."

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/374375-ingraham-comments-reignite-political-feud-with-nba-stars

I must have missed it but please show me the quote of Lebron accusing Ingraham of racism. Spreading lies and untruths on a political forum would be unfathomable so I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything 

3 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

I must have missed it but please show me the quote of Lebron accusing Ingraham of racism. Spreading lies and untruths on a political forum would be unfathomable so I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything 

You should contact The Hill Immediately and set them straight:

"Durant and James both responded in separate statements Friday, sayingthey would not stop talking about political issues important to them and accusing the Fox host of racism.

“To me, it was racist,” Durant responded at a press conference. "Ignorance is something I try to ignore. That was definitely an ignorant comment. I do play basketball, but I am a civilian and I am a citizen of the United States, so my voice is just as loud as hers, I think – or even louder."

James tweeted a link to Durant's comments, adding the hashtag "#wewillnotshutupanddribble."

11 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

The quote was right there in the hill article you just have to scroll down and read it. Old Browns fan actually copied and pasted it for you.

You should be smart enough to understand that everything is racist to these guys.

WSS

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The quote was right there in the hill article you just have to scroll down and read it. Old Browns fan actually copied and pasted it for you.

You should be smart enough to understand that everything is racist to these guys.

WSS

Ingraham wrote a book years ago "shut up and sing" where she was critical of entertainers pushing politics in their shows and her criticism of James and Durant was on the same lines and nothing to do with race. When Paul McCartney talked about how dumb George Bush was Ingraham fired back that Bush went to an Ivy League school while McCartney went to Liverpool High School. I remember reading where Elvis Presley who was a conservative talked about keeping politics out of his shows because he didn't want to offend any fans at the show who were liberal and that makes sense to me. Today it is politics being injected into every area including sports.

17 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

What hell are you 2 reading here is Lebron twitter  page https://twitter.com/KingJames and again please show the quote thats all I ask not what some other writer said...show me what Lebron said come on now is it that hard????

As I stated take it up with the Hill. You are splitting hairs. Durant is the one quoted as saying Ingraham's remarks were racist and Lebron is quoted as forwarding his tweet in obvious support.

"Durant and James both responded in separate statements Friday, saying they would not stop talking about political issues important to them and accusing the Fox host of racism.

James tweeted a link to Durant's comments, adding the hashtag "#wewillnotshutupanddribble."

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

As I stated take it up with the Hill. You are splitting hairs. Durant is the one quoted as saying Ingraham's remarks were racist and Lebron is quoted as forwarding his tweet in obvious support.

"Durant and James both responded in separate statements Friday, saying they would not stop talking about political issues important to them and accusing the Fox host of racism.

Dude WTF is wrong with you? Man i just gave you Lebron twitter page he didn't tweet anything but #wewillnotshutupanddribble you can plainly see it for yourself yet you keep on posting what isn't true.

5 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Dude WTF is wrong with you? Man i just gave you Lebron twitter page he didn't tweet anything but #wewillnotshutupanddribble you can plainly see it for yourself yet you keep on posting what isn't true.

What I posted: "Now it is about racism"and I linked the article from The Hill. The Hill quotes Durant as saying Ingraham's comments were racist The Hill article also states James tweeted a link to Durant's comments which I said was because he obviously is supporting what Durant said (my opinion not a fact). I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water by splitting hairs that James himself never made the comment about racism. What I posted is correct ("now it is about racism") and you should take up the separate argument about what James said with the Hill writer. If your only point here is James did not say this but Durant did I would say you are right. My post was about making this about racism when it when it shouldn't be there.

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What I posted: "Now it is about racism"and I linked the article from The Hill. The Hill quotes Durant as saying Ingraham's comments were racist The Hill article also states James tweeted a link to Durant's comments which I said was because he obviously is supporting what Durant said (my opinion not a fact). I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water by splitting hairs that James himself never made the comment about racism. What I posted is correct ("now it is about racism") and you should take up the separate argument about what James said with the Hill writer. If your only point here is James did not say this but Durant did I would say you are right. My post was about making this about racism when it when it shouldn't be there.

that's sissy cheapshot - being a black person in the limelight, and calling anybody who is white and disagrees with him "racist".

Playing the "race card" card is many, many times worse since obaMao made it a national scourge outbreak all by himself and his corrupt big mouth, and actions.

Archived