THE BROWNS BOARD

Saint pattys day don't needthe Browns.............WSS

Ghoolie

Steve,

when I was in Bellfast in 79, I met heard Paul Brady perform this wonderful song. As I await you tracks for Port D Amsterdam............I would love it if you added this to your repertoire. I plan on coming to the islands this summer. I would love to bring along a small squeezer and accompany you once again. Either way, I think you could give anice twist to this magnificent ballad.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I looked it up in Google Play music and the first time I've got the Bob Dylan version. Yikes. Then I heard the Paul Brady. Fine song sir. Open G tuning.

WSS

So if you open the G string and tune it, good things will happen?:lol:

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So if you open the G string and tune it, good things will happen?:lol:

Also called Vestapool tuning   D,G,D,G.B.D   Great for slide as well. 

SPEAKING of tunings, and inside Ghoolie info. Have you guitar players ever tried what is called Nashville tuning? Replace your G string with a 10 or 11 gauge string, and tune up up an octave to G. It give a 12 string effect, but also some other cool sounds. Great for studio work. Record one guiater in standard tuning, another in Nasvhille tuning. Pan one hard left, the other hard right. I promise you, your guitar tracks will be more lush than you can imagine.

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I looked it up in Google Play music and the first time I've got the Bob Dylan version. Yikes. Then I heard the Paul Brady. Fine song sir. Open G tuning.

WSS

I have loved Irish music all my life. When I lived in Ireland I quenched  my thirst for this music. Arthur McBride hit me the very first time I heard it. Obviously, it hit Dylan, too. The story, the lyrics, the chord movement, and wow, Paul's voice. he does trills and hammer ons with his voice. I am glad you liked it.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is it just coincidental that this song is an ode to "Arthur McBride"    and the fact that the original owner of the Cleveland Browns was Arthur "Mickey" McBride?

It is indeed coincidental, but oh those were some times.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Old saying from Germany from my now deceased German immigrant brother-in-law, "It's ok to read the menu as long as you eat at home.":D

Yes, plus old mjp saying when I quit looking at the passing parade "you can officially throw dirt on me". OH we've been married for going on 37 years now and happily "cooking" together. ;)

Archived