Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DieHardBrownsFan

Johnny is back in spring league

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Manziel going up to Canada would be our revenge for Canada unleashing Tiny Canadian Pussy Douche upon us. 

BEST AUTOCORRECT EVER! :lol: (That was J ustin B ieber BTW)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off.

lol.  I love that one.  

......Billy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, nickers said:

I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something....

I've personally known a few people with bipolar the worst cases can be devastating. One very nice cute girl who grew up  on our street, it was so sad as she slipped deeper into it.

Now I'm not talking about slackers looking for free food stamps and don't like to work....screw them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nickers said:

I think bi-polar is just an excuse to label something.... My Best Friend was 10x's the drunkard and drug addict than either Manziel or Gordon was.. He's been sober now since 1997,My father always told me something about people and addiction..You'll only quit when your ready. Theres no drug program or medicine that will cure you from addiction... I've been to rehab... I'll be the first to tell you, its a money making crock of Sheet... You wouldnt believe some of the cowpoop they sling in those sessions.. it's downright laughable.. Glenbeigh is a total fraud...

I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Over diagnosed garbage. Usually the go-to diagnosis if you are a jerk off and your psych doc can't tell you that you are just a jerk off. He probably got a borderline personality designation as well.

I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is still not going to be an NFL QB.

Johnny came from money and never listened to anybody but his enablers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

So whatever happened to his court case resulting from him bouncing his girlfriend's head off the door glass of his car?

The same judge that heard boo factly's case dismissed itThe same judge that heard boo factly's case dismissed it

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jcam222 said:

I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well. 

My friend used to cut my hair in a salon in the family basement, absolutely beautiful person until she got strangly sick. After awhile her mother said don't even bother coming over......I'd drive by and she'd be sitting alone in their driveway.

Slackers? Fakes? Really?  Be careful with big broad labels.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I respect your opinion but you and I are polar opposites regarding rehab. Rehab and 12 step based follow up was very effective for me. It saved my life no question. I've been sober for 28 years and counting God willing. I do agree with your father in that no one "quits" if they aren't ready. 

The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nickers said:

The bottom line was.. "You made a choice".. The "Choice" is ultimately yours.. Not the program or the counselors.. No one or thing can make you do something you have no desire to do.. Unless a gun is pointed at your head... I did My share of hard drugs.. I didnt need rehab to quit.. I made a choice to live...

Doing drugs or other behaviors may or may not be a diagnosed medical condition, bipolar as I know it is not a choice like schizopherinia and others can be serious and dangerous chemical imbalances in the brain.

Oh I am by no means a doctor or medical person.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And at whatever mimimalist salary they would give him.

Not really so minimalist, well for us working stiffs, JM had two years in so I believe it's a somewhat livable payday for him.

Each year the NFL minimum salaries increase by $15,000, up to $465,000 for a rookie in 2017. A player’s minimum salary is determined by his years of experience (YOE), ranging from 0 to 10 or more. The chart below shows the minimum (P5) salaries a team can contract a player to based on Years of Experience (credited seasons).

 

Yrs. 2017 2018 2019
0 $465,000 $480,000 $495,000
1 $540,000 $555,000 $570,000
2 $615,000 $630,000 $645,000
3 $690,000 $705,000 $720,000
4-6 $775,000 $790,000 $805,000
7-9 $900,000 $915,000 $930,000
10+ $1,000,000 $1,015,000 $1,030,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

He'll be the face of the XFL in 2020 

You may well be right!

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yes, there are corrupt doctors. But you know what? There's corrupt everyone, everywhere. By the logic you're using we should never trust anyone, anytime who can be influenced at face value. Also, did you not watch the Manziel trainwreck? Is it really that hard to believe he had a diagnosed mental illness based on the dozens of examples on and off the field?

So every drunk Shmucked up rich brat must have a mental illness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So every drunk Shmucked up rich brat must have a mental illness?

Of course.

Remember the kid that got off because he had a case of "affluenza"? Basically the argument was made that he was brought up too rich, too spoiled to know wrong from right?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That S.OB. again? I still hope he chokes to death on a tequila worm for what he INTENTIONALLY did to my football team. Screw that punk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So every drunk Shmucked up rich brat must have a mental illness?

Nope-but these are honest words of painful insight,  "and you wake up the next day and that's all gone and that liquid courage or that liquid like sense of euphoria that's over you is all gone, and you're left staring at the ceiling by yourself, and you're back in that depression and back in that hole, that dark hole of sitting in a room by yourself being super-depressed, thinking about all the mistakes you've made in your life, what did that get me? Where did that get me except out of the NFL? Where did that get me? Disgraced?"

As a former counselor those thoughts are music to the ears because it often takes years for some people to say something like that. It's a great starting place for real permanent change.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think I'm bipolar too. 

Every fall I get massively depressed.... but it really only happens on Sundays. Doctors are baffled. 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So every drunk Shmucked up rich brat must have a mental illness?

No, but maybe a dude using a terrible disguise to gamble/drink despite his whole career being on the line has some more issues than on the surface?

We get it, you don't like rich people and Manziel was a douche, I'm not arguing with you. But come on man, the say flatly that someone who is struggling with mental illness is simply getting a "luxury diagnosis" is absurd. Manziel will never set foot in the NFL again, so what is there to gain? To share the intimate details of his life on national television in order to maybe play in the CFL? Get over yourself.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hx214 said:

I always think I'm bipolar too. 

Every fall I get massively depressed.... but it really only happens on Sundays. Doctors are baffled. 

Try lithium carbonate. If that doesn't work try my elixir of 1 part N of the equator (Venezuela) Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva 12 y.o. and 1 part S of the equator (Peru) Ron Cartavio XO 18 y.o.. At the end of the day you will be happy no matter what happens on Sunday.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yes, there are corrupt doctors. But you know what? There's corrupt everyone, everywhere. By the logic you're using we should never trust anyone, anytime who can be influenced at face value. Also, did you not watch the Manziel trainwreck? Is it really that hard to believe he had a diagnosed mental illness based on the dozens of examples on and off the field?

While watching the Manziel trainwreck, I found it really easy to believe that I was looking at a spoiled rich kid who was never held accountable for his behavior. Because he was really good at sports. I find it easy to lump his sudden "I'm getting help and I'm bipolar" announcement with countless celebrities who fuk up and announce they're checking into rehab or people who find themselves in jail and announce they've found Jesus.

Sorry, but the Manziel trainwreck showed me that J was really, really, really good at looking people in the eye with an earnest, sincere expression on his face, and telling them what they wanted to hear: "I've really changed this time; I'm going to act mature now. It's all going to be different." Watched that shite for two years.

Hey, maybe he really has changed. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Thus concludes today's episode of 'Cynicism Today'. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

 

We get it, you don't like rich people and Manziel was a douche, I'm not arguing with you. But come on man, the say flatly that someone who is struggling with mental illness is simply getting a "luxury diagnosis" is absurd. Manziel will never set foot in the NFL again, so what is there to gain? To share the intimate details of his life on national television in order to maybe play in the CFL? Get over yourself.

Yes because one dude acted like a brat, I must dislike all rich people? Haha Starting to think this must have really hit close to home.

Getting right with the public seems to be important to Manziel so don’t think for a second that this guy is out preaching the gospel on mental illness. If he plays his cards right, Manziel will get a try out with some teams. Pulling out the excuses for his behavior is a good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Of course.

Remember the kid that got off because he had a case of "affluenza"? Basically the argument was made that he was brought up too rich, too spoiled to know wrong from right?

Yeah I remember that. Johnny was the master of making excuses and lying directly to people. But somehow everyone is supposed to believe this horse sh-it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing Johnny can do is hit the road telling his story so others dont follow in his footsteps. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I think you are likely right it tends to be over diagonosed. Having said that for those where the diagnosis is valid it's a crippling disease. I've seen it literally suck the life out of two different beautiful vibrant human beings. Both self medicated like crazy and neither have stayed on their meds long term. The manic phase of the disease itself can be quite addictive. So much so they give up the meds and take the lows just to get the manic phase as well. 

I know what you mean, and I too have seen the awful effects of mental illness and addiction. As many of you know, I actually work in the that industry as the Assistant Director of a non-profit who assists homeless military veterans in getting homes, benefits, and things like jobs and training. It's incredible work but I see the ugliness of addiction and mental illness every day. Men that were strong and skilled at one time, reduced to shadows of their glory. 

In obviously very sympathetic to people struggling with these issues, and it's the reason why I've always been so supportive of Josh Gordon. I think we always knew something was very wrong with Johnny, and this revelation shocks nobody. His condition is extremely treatable, and you just would've liked it diagnosed earlier so the downward spiral wouldn't have taken so much from him. 

Does he still have a chance to play? Actually, yes he does. The reason he does is because there's a REASON he acted the way he did. If it was a situation where he was just a complete jerk for the sake of being an arrogant jerk, that's one thing. But if seeing a therapist, taking medication, and living a clean life can mitigate his negative symptoms, he may find a sympathetic team willing to give him a workout. Obviously the odds are stacked against him, but I'm still rooting for him because I've seen enough devastation caused by mental illness, and I believe Johnny could go from a complete bust to possibly a positive influence for the millions of people fighting their own private wars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×