Jump to content
SissyBoyFloyd

What is the most Brown's could get from a QB hungry team for the top pick?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

I feel like Indy holds the pick where somebody is going to make the big trade up move especially if 2 of the 3 top QBs are already gone.  If they're as dumb as they were when they picked the 175-180 lb Philip Dorsett in the 1st round instead of someone to help protect their young franchise QB better up front - then they'll just take their scheduled selection over a bigger quantity of early round picks.

It's a deep RB draft so I'd love it if Indy just took Barkley or their favorite pass rusher while we have the spot where someone can jump in front of Elway's #5 spot like the Bills, Jets, Cardinals or even Elway worried about those teams doing so.  I think the teams pretending to like the inconsistent Josh Allen really know the top 3 guys in no particular order are the Rosen One, Mayfield and Darnold.   If 1 of those guys are left at #4 - the fall off to Josh Allen is significant enough for someone to make a BIG time trade-up for the remaining QB.  Buffalo made the playoffs and watched a QB struggle enough for only 3 points all day to remind themselves they benched him earlier on in the year (but had nothing else to reward them for doing so). They're a playoff team that just needs a QB so don't under-estimate what they will be willing to give up to finally have a QB again. They also saw what Robert Woods could be when he had a franchise QB throwing him open and giving him nice numbers the final half of 2017.   Aside from Woods leaving for a better pass game/QB - Chris Hogan and Sammy Watkins did as well. 

I'd rather get OUR QB first at #1 which puts the run on QBs in motion already.  The NYG rarely ever draft up this high so they'll feel like they're never going to have a more ideal chance than now to take their QB of the future.  If our worst case scenario with the top 3 QBs off the board is to draft is to draft the BPA at #4, it could be the best we've done in round 1 since getting Ozzie Newsome and Clay Matthews in the 1st round of the 1978 draft.

For those that like trades, what could we get for Josh Gordon (especially after we snag Pro Bowl WR Jarvis Landry in FA)? 

How could BUF be in the mix to get a QB who they saw why they benched, but saw what Woods could do in 2nd half of 2017 with a franchise QB? If he is a franchise QB, then they don't need one, and if he isn't, then Woods didn't have a franchise guy throwing to him 2nd half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Careful Mike. You're flirting with a ghoolie retort here.:D

Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He will fare no better than Phil Sewage and Mike Homo-grin. For the love of naked nigerians, the dumb bastard is such a homosexual that he already performed public fellatio on Haslam and kissed Black Uncle Fester's lake Erie bound butt.

Stop with the " In Dorkey we trust bullschidt already. This guy ain't taking the Browns anywhere. He will draft who Haslam tells him to draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He will fare no better than Phil Sewage and Mike Homo-grin. For the love of naked nigerians, the dumb bastard is such a homosexual that he already performed public fellatio on Haslam and kissed Black Uncle Fester's lake Erie bound butt.

Stop with the " In Dorkey we trust bullschidt already. This guy ain't taking the Browns anywhere. He will draft who Haslam tells him to draft.

 

attention whore.png

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He will fare no better than Phil Sewage and Mike Homo-grin. For the love of naked nigerians, the dumb bastard is such a homosexual that he already performed public fellatio on Haslam and kissed Black Uncle Fester's lake Erie bound butt.

Stop with the " In Dorkey we trust bullschidt already. This guy ain't taking the Browns anywhere. He will draft who Haslam tells him to draft.

So have you filled out and submitted that application yet? I mean you can obviously do so much better than anyone for any team. I'm guessing if you took over for the 0-16 Browns, with your o so vast knowledge of EVERYTHING, the Browns will never lose a football game again. If you are the GM for 30 years, the Browns will go on a 570 game winning streak.

But why stop at that, you can be GM AND HEAD COACH. BUT BUT BUT, Further yet, since you know more football than everyone ever on the planet, you won't need assistants, and you can probably buy the team soon.

Everyone, Ghoolie is going to save the Browns. But too bad, since he hates the team, they won't be in Cleveland. 

I'll GUARANTEE that if YOU put together a FOOTBALL team with the nonsensical spew that you say on here, it would be a 570 game LOSING streak. You have not ONE clue about what FOOTBALL and putting a team together entails. And your idiotic blathering on here shows it.

With you at the helm, the team would be all "playmakers", no lineman and no defense. You would be 1 million time worse than ANYTHING any team has ever had, but you think you are IT. You spew homophobic, racists things and call people A LOT smarter than you coffee fetchers. Congrats on being "Ghoolie" and "smart"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

So have you filled out and submitted that application yet? I mean you can obviously do so much better than anyone for any team. I'm guessing if you took over for the 0-16 Browns, with your o so vast knowledge of EVERYTHING, the Browns will never lose a football game again. If you are the GM for 30 years, the Browns will go on a 570 game winning streak.

But why stop at that, you can be GM AND HEAD COACH. BUT BUT BUT, Further yet, since you know more football than everyone ever on the planet, you won't need assistants, and you can probably buy the team soon.

Everyone, Ghoolie is going to save the Browns. But too bad, since he hates the team, they won't be in Cleveland. 

I'll GUARANTEE that if YOU put together a FOOTBALL team with the nonsensical spew that you say on here, it would be a 570 game LOSING streak. You have not ONE clue about what FOOTBALL and putting a team together entails. And your idiotic blathering on here shows it.

With you at the helm, the team would be all "playmakers", no lineman and no defense. You would be 1 million time worse than ANYTHING any team has ever had, but you think you are IT. You spew homophobic, racists things and call people A LOT smarter than you coffee fetchers. Congrats on being "Ghoolie" and "smart"

The ONLY thing you can guarantee is that when you have sex a woman won't be involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Careful Mike. You're flirting with a ghoolie retort here.:D

"Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!"  :P

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

The ONLY thing you can guarantee is that when you have sex a woman won't be involved.

Wow, you got me sooooo good. It's funny after all that, that you can't defend any of it. You know why? Because it was all truth.

But go ahead, give us this infinite wisdom, build your team. I'll even give you 2 lifelines. You can make 3 trades, and WITH Hindsight, you can redraft the Browns last year.

But the caveat. Everything you do has to be realistic, you can't trade a 7th round pick for Aaron Rodgers and trading draft picks has to be realistic, you can't trade a 2nd and 7th for the #2 pick. And you can't spend more money than what the Browns have in cap space, and you certainly can't sign players who aren't available.

So go ahead genius, build your team with all that wisdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No thank you.

This team has enough young players.

This draft should be about quality over quantity. In fact, the Browns should use their extra picks to move up when they target a player they really want. 

That's the plan....I hope. I just wish the draft was two days instead of this prime time circus they have set up now. 

The BROWNS have an unusually strong assortment of very well placed draft picks this year in the top 100. I'm all for getting the best athletes available they have the extra ammo to get rid of a few of the 12 to get a solid class of 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Wow, you got me sooooo good. It's funny after all that, that you can't defend any of it. You know why? Because it was all truth.

But go ahead, give us this infinite wisdom, build your team. I'll even give you 2 lifelines. You can make 3 trades, and WITH Hindsight, you can redraft the Browns last year.

But the caveat. Everything you do has to be realistic, you can't trade a 7th round pick for Aaron Rodgers and trading draft picks has to be realistic, you can't trade a 2nd and 7th for the #2 pick. And you can't spend more money than what the Browns have in cap space, and you certainly can't sign players who aren't available.

So go ahead genius, build your team with all that wisdom

He won't do it because he can't. Just here to troll. Maybe he'll have the Browns trade the #1 overall to the Broncos for super stud Paxton Lynch.  :lol:

I guarantee you he hasn't watched 30 minutes total of the top QBs. Anyone who thinks a RB tops a franchise qB at #1 is a doofus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

How could BUF be in the mix to get a QB who they saw why they benched, but saw what Woods could do in 2nd half of 2017 with a franchise QB? If he is a franchise QB, then they don't need one, and if he isn't, then Woods didn't have a franchise guy throwing to him 2nd half.

Robert Woods got traded to the LA Rams last season.  He performed way better with a QB drafted 1st overall (Goff) than he did with Taylor in Buffalo.

Buffalo benched Tyrod Taylor earlier in 2017 and the replacements were even more disappointing so they went with the least of all evils.  In the playoffs, they only scored 3 points on a day they only gave up 10.  Many in Western NY think they need a better QB while they have a playoff roster...

Buffalo has 2 first round picks in 2018 and a second round pick they can part with unless they're totally content scoring just 3 points in their playoff games moving forward.  I'm guessing they want to be in play but I've been wrong before....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

"Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!"  :P

Mike

Oh Sheet! Now you've added me to the list of Ghoolie's dates. (not at there's anything wrong with that):rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Robert Woods got traded to the LA Rams last season.  He performed way better with a QB drafted 1st overall (Goff) than he did with Taylor in Buffalo.

Buffalo benched Tyrod Taylor earlier in 2017 and the replacements were even more disappointing so they went with the least of all evils.  In the playoffs, they only scored 3 points on a day they only gave up 10.  Many in Western NY think they need a better QB while they have a playoff roster...

Buffalo has 2 first round picks in 2018 and a second round pick they can part with unless they're totally content scoring just 3 points in their playoff games moving forward.  I'm guessing they want to be in play but I've been wrong before....

That's right. I guess I read it as someone being on the Bills team and how they did in 2nd half. Thanks for the correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

That's right. I guess I read it as someone being on the Bills team and how they did in 2nd half. Thanks for the correction

No problem.  Thanks for the reply Gunz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×