THE BROWNS BOARD

What is the most Brown's could get from a QB hungry team for the top pick?

SissyBoyFloyd

Bills with picks 21 & 22 could get there..they have Bills & Rams 2nd rd.//Phillys 3rd round//Bills 4th//Bills & Jags 5th rd..sorry no chart to do the math..they could fling there 1st in 2019 also

Unless we think there are 4 QB's worth picking #1 in this draft, we should NOT trade out and let anyone else have the best QB...for once.  (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

18 minutes ago, Orion said:

Unless we think there are 4 QB's worth picking #1 in this draft, we should NOT trade out and let anyone else have the best QB...for once.  (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

QB is the most important position in all sports. You figure out who the best one is, take him, and then deal with the rest of the Draft. 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Bills with picks 21 & 22 could get there..they have Bills & Rams 2nd rd.//Phillys 3rd round//Bills 4th//Bills & Jags 5th rd..sorry no chart to do the math..they could fling there 1st in 2019 also

Here's what it would take for the Bills. Just to move up to #4 both their firsts and a second. To move up to #1 overall, Both firsts, both seconds, and a first next year. Won't happen. 

Only teams that can realistically call the Browns about the #1 are the Broncos and Jets- and we're not listening unless it's another Carson Wentz truckload of picks. Well, the Giants could ask about swapping #2 for #1, but don't think that's realistic. 

If we could get the Giants to think Brown's are taking the QB they covet, they would definitely offer us a whole lot.  They believe strongly in getting 'their guy' no matter what it costs them, going back way before the Manning deal with Chargers.  If we knew for sure they didn't want who we wanted, we could at least get another 2nd out of them I'd bet.

4 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

If we could get the Giants to think Brown's are taking the QB they covet, they would definitely offer us a whole lot.  They believe strongly in getting 'their guy' no matter what it costs them, going back way before the Manning deal with Chargers.  If we knew for sure they didn't want who we wanted, we could at least get another 2nd out of them I'd bet.

google Dave Gettleman at panthers..the least of his worries is Eli. Eli scored points when they put him back at starter without Magoo. Gettleman has been BPA regardless of position or he'll move back,still getting his guy(could be the G/T at ND)..He's fixing both lines & secondary starting at FA. would not surprise me if he takes Bradley Chubb where he should go..#1 or #2... 

6 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

If we could get the Giants to think Brown's are taking the QB they covet, they would definitely offer us a whole lot.  They believe strongly in getting 'their guy' no matter what it costs them

...hmm...and why would THAT be?

Could it be because the QB is far and away the most important piece of the puzzle?  And that they'd be MORE than willing to jump into the ranks of the Rams, Eagles & Texans just to have the Queen of the Chess board?  

If I were Buffalo I'd certainly call up the Browns.  Right?  The Browns have ALWAYS been willing to give teams the keys to success in exchange for a couple of shiny things.  That's been a part of their 'Playbook To Winless'.  

Hopefully Dorsey understands that it's WAY past time to turn your 'assets' into a 'real' QB and a blue chipper at #4.  WE NEED some good players.  Aside from Joe Thomas (and perhaps the part-timer Josh Gordon) our best known player, a 'playmaker' best player, is our 3rd down running back.  -  A researcher said to me, "Oh, you guys have a player that I had on my fantasy team!".  But she couldn't remember his name.  ( 'twas the Duke)

--------------------------

Drafting a QB high in the draft:  There hasn't been any team, in recent memory, as poised to pick a QB at #1 than us.  We are in the proverbial Cat Bird Seat.  

When you draft a QB high in the draft, usually, a season (or more) goes by where you get relatively little production from your high draft pick (if anything at all).  WE, HOWEVER, have the #4 draft pick also.  WE have the luxury of getting our cake (QB) and eating it too (getting a player, high in the draft, who WILL produce this very year).  -  It's ALMOST like, ya can't even phuck this up...  (did I just say that?......about the Browns?)

I feel like Indy holds the pick where somebody is going to make the big trade up move especially if 2 of the 3 top QBs are already gone.  If they're as dumb as they were when they picked the 175-180 lb Philip Dorsett in the 1st round instead of someone to help protect their young franchise QB better up front - then they'll just take their scheduled selection over a bigger quantity of early round picks.

It's a deep RB draft so I'd love it if Indy just took Barkley or their favorite pass rusher while we have the spot where someone can jump in front of Elway's #5 spot like the Bills, Jets, Cardinals or even Elway worried about those teams doing so.  I think the teams pretending to like the inconsistent Josh Allen really know the top 3 guys in no particular order are the Rosen One, Mayfield and Darnold.   If 1 of those guys are left at #4 - the fall off to Josh Allen is significant enough for someone to make a BIG time trade-up for the remaining QB.  Buffalo made the playoffs and watched a QB struggle enough for only 3 points all day to remind themselves they benched him earlier on in the year (but had nothing else to reward them for doing so). They're a playoff team that just needs a QB so don't under-estimate what they will be willing to give up to finally have a QB again. They also saw what Robert Woods could be when he had a franchise QB throwing him open and giving him nice numbers the final half of 2017.   Aside from Woods leaving for a better pass game/QB - Chris Hogan and Sammy Watkins did as well. 

I'd rather get OUR QB first at #1 which puts the run on QBs in motion already.  The NYG rarely ever draft up this high so they'll feel like they're never going to have a more ideal chance than now to take their QB of the future.  If our worst case scenario with the top 3 QBs off the board is to draft is to draft the BPA at #4, it could be the best we've done in round 1 since getting Ozzie Newsome and Clay Matthews in the 1st round of the 1978 draft.

For those that like trades, what could we get for Josh Gordon (especially after we snag Pro Bowl WR Jarvis Landry in FA)? 

15 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

I just wondered if any team might be desperate enough to give up this year's first plus the next 3 years first round picks if they loved one particular guy?

I thought that the BROWNS were the most QB hungry team in the NFL since Bernie left? :huh:

(but honestly none of this QB class thrill me)

35 minutes ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Would/should Browns accept a Bills offer of both their 21st & 22nd for our 4th?

No thank you.

This team has enough young players.

This draft should be about quality over quantity. In fact, the Browns should use their extra picks to move up when they target a player they really want. 

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

Here's what it would take for the Bills. Just to move up to #4 both their firsts and a second. To move up to #1 overall, Both firsts, both seconds, and a first next year. Won't happen. 

Only teams that can realistically call the Browns about the #1 are the Broncos and Jets- and we're not listening unless it's another Carson Wentz truckload of picks. Well, the Giants could ask about swapping #2 for #1, but don't think that's realistic. 

Throwing in Eli wouldn't convince to make a deal with them , either...

50 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No thank you.

This team has enough young players.

This draft should be about quality over quantity. In fact, the Browns should use their extra picks to move up when they target a player they really want. 

We now have a QUALITY Front Office...Now let's just trust in them to get those "quality" players.

Mike

1 hour ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Would/should Browns accept a Bills offer of both their 21st & 22nd for our 4th?

Here is drafttek's new and improved 2018 trade value chart:

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Using that as a basis the Browns #4 is worth 1800 points and the Buffalo pair are worth 1780 combined. They'd have to add their 28.2 valued 5th rounder (2nd one) since they have no draft pick in the 6th closer to the 20 point value.

Still-I would not do it under current conditions since we need a few really great players added to this team.

2 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

We now have a QUALITY Front Office...Now let's just trust in them to get those "quality" players.

Mike

The proof is in the pudding Mike...

I like the guys who have been brought in to the front office, but it's early. We'll see. Hopefully our optimism is warranted.  

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

The proof is in the pudding Mike...

I like the guys who have been brought in to the front office, but it's early. We'll see. Hopefully our optimism is warranted.  

These guys have VERY successful track records & built WINNERS. While any & all draft picks have risks & there may be "misses", I like the odds of "hits" with Dorsey et al.

Mike

17 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

These guys have VERY successful track records & built WINNERS. While any & all draft picks have risks & there may be "misses", I like the odds of "hits" with Dorsey et al.

Mike

Careful Mike. You're flirting with a ghoolie retort here.:D

22 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

I just wondered if any team might be desperate enough to give up this year's first plus the next 3 years first round picks if they loved one particular guy?

Don't be reotarded. The browns are going to pick a QB at #1, they are NOT going to get Cousins or anyone else. The assholes will have a finger up their butt and be paralyzed at #4, they will trade down to acquire "assets" and wind up with another schidt player like Corely Coleslaw. And you guys will be wondering why the Browns still suck pig dik.

6 hours ago, Flugel said:

I feel like Indy holds the pick where somebody is going to make the big trade up move especially if 2 of the 3 top QBs are already gone.  If they're as dumb as they were when they picked the 175-180 lb Philip Dorsett in the 1st round instead of someone to help protect their young franchise QB better up front - then they'll just take their scheduled selection over a bigger quantity of early round picks.

It's a deep RB draft so I'd love it if Indy just took Barkley or their favorite pass rusher while we have the spot where someone can jump in front of Elway's #5 spot like the Bills, Jets, Cardinals or even Elway worried about those teams doing so.  I think the teams pretending to like the inconsistent Josh Allen really know the top 3 guys in no particular order are the Rosen One, Mayfield and Darnold.   If 1 of those guys are left at #4 - the fall off to Josh Allen is significant enough for someone to make a BIG time trade-up for the remaining QB.  Buffalo made the playoffs and watched a QB struggle enough for only 3 points all day to remind themselves they benched him earlier on in the year (but had nothing else to reward them for doing so). They're a playoff team that just needs a QB so don't under-estimate what they will be willing to give up to finally have a QB again. They also saw what Robert Woods could be when he had a franchise QB throwing him open and giving him nice numbers the final half of 2017.   Aside from Woods leaving for a better pass game/QB - Chris Hogan and Sammy Watkins did as well. 

I'd rather get OUR QB first at #1 which puts the run on QBs in motion already.  The NYG rarely ever draft up this high so they'll feel like they're never going to have a more ideal chance than now to take their QB of the future.  If our worst case scenario with the top 3 QBs off the board is to draft is to draft the BPA at #4, it could be the best we've done in round 1 since getting Ozzie Newsome and Clay Matthews in the 1st round of the 1978 draft.

For those that like trades, what could we get for Josh Gordon (especially after we snag Pro Bowl WR Jarvis Landry in FA)? 

How could BUF be in the mix to get a QB who they saw why they benched, but saw what Woods could do in 2nd half of 2017 with a franchise QB? If he is a franchise QB, then they don't need one, and if he isn't, then Woods didn't have a franchise guy throwing to him 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Careful Mike. You're flirting with a ghoolie retort here.:D

Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He will fare no better than Phil Sewage and Mike Homo-grin. For the love of naked nigerians, the dumb bastard is such a homosexual that he already performed public fellatio on Haslam and kissed Black Uncle Fester's lake Erie bound butt.

Stop with the " In Dorkey we trust bullschidt already. This guy ain't taking the Browns anywhere. He will draft who Haslam tells him to draft.

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dorsey is a coffee fetcher. He will fare no better than Phil Sewage and Mike Homo-grin. For the love of naked nigerians, the dumb bastard is such a homosexual that he already performed public fellatio on Haslam and kissed Black Uncle Fester's lake Erie bound butt.

Stop with the " In Dorkey we trust bullschidt already. This guy ain't taking the Browns anywhere. He will draft who Haslam tells him to draft.

attention whore.png

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

So have you filled out and submitted that application yet? I mean you can obviously do so much better than anyone for any team. I'm guessing if you took over for the 0-16 Browns, with your o so vast knowledge of EVERYTHING, the Browns will never lose a football game again. If you are the GM for 30 years, the Browns will go on a 570 game winning streak.

But why stop at that, you can be GM AND HEAD COACH. BUT BUT BUT, Further yet, since you know more football than everyone ever on the planet, you won't need assistants, and you can probably buy the team soon.

Everyone, Ghoolie is going to save the Browns. But too bad, since he hates the team, they won't be in Cleveland. 

I'll GUARANTEE that if YOU put together a FOOTBALL team with the nonsensical spew that you say on here, it would be a 570 game LOSING streak. You have not ONE clue about what FOOTBALL and putting a team together entails. And your idiotic blathering on here shows it.

With you at the helm, the team would be all "playmakers", no lineman and no defense. You would be 1 million time worse than ANYTHING any team has ever had, but you think you are IT. You spew homophobic, racists things and call people A LOT smarter than you coffee fetchers. Congrats on being "Ghoolie" and "smart"

13 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

So have you filled out and submitted that application yet? I mean you can obviously do so much better than anyone for any team. I'm guessing if you took over for the 0-16 Browns, with your o so vast knowledge of EVERYTHING, the Browns will never lose a football game again. If you are the GM for 30 years, the Browns will go on a 570 game winning streak.

But why stop at that, you can be GM AND HEAD COACH. BUT BUT BUT, Further yet, since you know more football than everyone ever on the planet, you won't need assistants, and you can probably buy the team soon.

Everyone, Ghoolie is going to save the Browns. But too bad, since he hates the team, they won't be in Cleveland. 

I'll GUARANTEE that if YOU put together a FOOTBALL team with the nonsensical spew that you say on here, it would be a 570 game LOSING streak. You have not ONE clue about what FOOTBALL and putting a team together entails. And your idiotic blathering on here shows it.

With you at the helm, the team would be all "playmakers", no lineman and no defense. You would be 1 million time worse than ANYTHING any team has ever had, but you think you are IT. You spew homophobic, racists things and call people A LOT smarter than you coffee fetchers. Congrats on being "Ghoolie" and "smart"

The ONLY thing you can guarantee is that when you have sex a woman won't be involved.

Archived