Sign in to follow this  
jbluhm86

Republican Congress Authorizes Trillion-Dollar Deficit

50 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Donald Trump tweeted. . .

This will be a big week for Infrastructure. After so stupidly spending $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is now time to start investing in OUR Country!

MAGA!

I find it a bit strange that El Presidentè would tweet that, since he's had the constitutional authority since day one to withdraw our military completely from the Middle East boondoggles that we've been in for over a decade; potentially saving us further billions, yet, he still has us there for some odd reason.

:blink:

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

It's good to see that you and I can be in agreement on entitlement reform; it's the single biggest driver of the national debt.

So, how big of a reduction in your future social security and Medicare benefits can we put you down for? Every bit helps.

ha. NONE. I earned over decades and decades. That is what legal immigrants do - they come here and earn it. The illegals don't earn diddley. They left mexico because they had nothing there. no college, no training, no car, no job, just want/need a free ride, which they will gladly vote democratic for.

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I find it a bit strange that El Presidentè would tweet that, since he's had the constitutional authority since day one to withdraw our military completely from the Middle East boondoggles that we've been in for over a decade; potentially saving us further billions, yet, he still has us there for some odd reason.

I believe he's talking foreign aid, etc etc, over all the years.

The AP has a bit of liberal bias. . .

71802C52-E341-4844-A322-F3A4F0708C7F.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The AP has a bit of liberal bias. . .

"I've looked at the numbers. And for as long as I have been studying the amount of tax dollars spent by the federal government versus the amount of revenue it takes in, it has been painfully clear that America is on an unsustainable fiscal path. We're rapidly approaching a point of no return; a tipping point after which we become a country most Americans have never dreamed we would be. If we keep spending like we're spending, American will become a place where unprecedented levels of debt overwhelm the budget, smother the economy, weaken our competitiveness in the twenty-first-century global economy, and threaten the survival of programs for the truly needy."  - Rep. Paul Ryan, (R-W.I.), Sep, 2010

"The president has once again opted for the political stunt for a budget that's more about firing up the president's base in an election year than about solving the nation's biggest and most persistent long-term challenges," - Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, (R-K.Y.), Mar, 2014

"[GOP leadership is planning to] raise the debt ceiling to fund the Obama administration’s big government priorities while doing nothing to stop bankrupting our kids and grandkids...At every stage there’s a promise: ‘Next time we’ll stand and fight but not this time; that is leadership’s position. That we can accomplish nothing other than the priorities of the Democrats such as growing government and expanding the debt...Republican leadership should use every constitutional tool we have to actually address the enormous fiscal and economic problems facing this country. History has demonstrated that by far the most effective tool that Congress has to rein in a recalcitrant president is the debt ceiling," - Sen. Ted Cruz, (R-T.X.), Oct, 2015

“While [President Obama] continues to cling to the same old failed top-down economic policies of spending increases and tax hikes, Republicans are focused on the future. Our budget will focus on growing the economy from the ground up. Unlike the president’s budget, ours will balance and will reduce runaway spending and waste to make a more efficient, effective, and accountable federal government.”  - Sen. John Thune, (R-S.D.), Feb, 2015

giphy.gif

On February 9, 2018 at 9:53 AM, Canton Dawg said:

So the GOP members are silent while the national deficit ballooned. Just like the libs were quiet when Obozo doubled the deficit. 

I think both parties own this fiasco.

I completely agree but this board is littered with pundits who blame only one party and rationalize when their guy does the same thing.  That's what frustrating, people only have ideals when it suits them.

11 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I completely agree but this board is littered with pundits who blame only one party and rationalize when their guy does the same thing.  That's what frustrating, people only have ideals when it suits them.

I think you are mistaking political parties 4 ideology. Not that you aren't correct about people's adherence to party but many of us think for a large part there is a right and wrong way to do things. And I'm sure your smart enough to have noticed that often these ideals are swapped when there's a change of power.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think you are mistaking political parties 4 ideology. Not that you aren't correct about people's adherence to party but many of us think for a large part there is a right and wrong way to do things. And I'm sure your smart enough to have noticed that often these ideals are swapped when there's a change of power.

WSS

Flip Flop was the negative phrase correct.

And no I'm not speaking to political ideology.  I'm talking about the talking heads in here bashing then President Obama for deficit spending and not criticizing Trump for deficit spending.  Oh I forgot that when Obama did it it was to give welfare handouts and Trump is doing it for love of the military, smh...

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Flip Flop was the negative phrase correct.

And no I'm not speaking to political ideology.  I'm talking about the talking heads in here bashing then President Obama for deficit spending and not criticizing Trump for deficit spending.  Oh I forgot that when Obama did it it was to give welfare handouts and Trump is doing it for love of the military, smh...

Point is the deficit Hawks have just switched hats. Like the anti-war guys.

WSS

Are you surprised the most biased positive members on this board are blatant hypocrites for the sake of their party?

22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Are you surprised the most biased positive members on this board are blatant hypocrites for the sake of their party?

And you bitch about other people's lack of self realization?

WSS

It's only money we can print up a lot more. Seriously I think we are in trouble big time. We are taking in huge amounts of revenue and still not making a dent in our national debt showing we have a spending problem that is out of control. We have kicked the can down the road this far and I think we are only going to take action when it is too late. We could be taking less painful steps now but when it becomes a crisis there is going to be some real pain involved.