THE BROWNS BOARD

Republican Congress Authorizes Trillion-Dollar Deficit

jbluhm86

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

We can’t lower taxes and expect the debt to not balloon. If you lower cash inflow, you have to lower cash outflow. Or just put it all on credit cards until Capital One cuts you off.

we can't keep raising taxes and expect the debt to not balloon. They keep spending past the money coming in. Raise taxes to 90%, and they will spend a hell of a lot more. This MUST stop. The dems want to keep buying votes from the welfare folks and all the liberals who think the planet is going to melt tomorrow from "mmgw".

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/obama-claims-power-make-illegal-immigrants-eligible-social-security

So, I am STILL waiting for somebody to explain how this doesn't reflect on the legitimacy of Cloward-Piven concerns.

Why the (*&^(*&^ would any dem support giving SS to illegals..when SS is already in trouble?  This is the dem party - if they Cloward-Piven us into disaster - they will happily blame it on the republicans, and use it to gain far more power from the crisis.

Just like obaMao and holder doing "fast and furious" to discredit our 2nd Amendment and all American gun owners.

The deficit cannot continue to be going up. The dems don't care if it does, and the reps won't stop it. It's the dems that are holding our military, etc, entire gov operations, hostage - to their demands for more and more and more entitlements.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see ... we spend about 53 billion every year on foreign aid and the worthless UN...

if we cut back to about 13 billion... every year we would save 40 billion. In three years, that would

be 120 billion.... in ten years that would be 400 billion.... in 30 years, that would be 1200 billion.....which is 1.2 trillion....?

and we are over 20 trillion....in...debt...

so in 90 years we would save ....3.6 trillion....?

Cal, at this point, why do you even care about the debt?

You're like, what, in your early to mid 60s? You're golden. By the time the check comes for all of this federal debt, you'll be well into you late 80s, if you're still with us at that point. You have nothing to worry about. You and most of your generation of baby boomers will probably have full Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for the rest of your life, and it'll be up to the Gen Xers, my generation of Millennials and later generations to foot the bill for the excesses of yours. It'll be your grandchildren and their descendants who are going to have to pay for wealth that your generation squandered and p.issed away, not you. So kick back, relax, and grab a drink. It's already on the house, after all. ;)

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

You're like, what, in your early to mid 60s? You're golden. By the time the check comes for all of this federal debt, you'll be well into you late 80s, if you're still with us at that point. You have nothing to worry about. You and most of your generation of baby boomers will probably have full Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for the rest of your life, and it'll be up to the Gen Xers, my generation of Millennials and later generations to foot the bill for the excesses of yours. It'll be your grandchildren and their descendants who are going to have to pay for the wealth provided by your parent's generation that your generation squandered away, not you. So kick back, relax, and grab a drink. It's already on the house, after all. ;)

Yeah even though that wasn't addressed to me that's pretty much the case. Just like when we talk about the stock market correction there will be a much bigger correction in the form of a new and possibly more severe depression. The deficit Hawks have been crying about this forever, unfortunately depending on which party is in power they change hats after every election. If I get another 15 or 20 years on the rock ill be okay. As far as you young guys or someone else's offspring I guess when the bill comes due you could congratulate yourselves for compromising on all these budget deals. You could have held firm and insisted on a budget we could live with but you didn't.

Like when my liberal friends grill me with the question but what about our children??? I answer I don't have children and I don't like yours.

:D

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah even though that wasn't addressed to me that's pretty much the case. Just like when we talk about the stock market correction there will be a much bigger correction in the form of a new and possibly more severe depression. The deficit Hawks have been crying about this forever, unfortunately depending on which party is in power they change hats after every election. If I get another 15 or 20 years on the rock ill be okay. As far as you young guys or someone else's offspring I guess when the bill comes due you could congratulate yourselves for compromising on all these budget deals. You could have held firm and insisted on a budget we could live with but you didn't...

Well, the current youngest sitting Senator is Tom Cotton, who is 40, so no Millenials in the Senate yet.

As for the House, the baby boomer generation and older outnumbers the Millenial's around 62:1 (or around 3:1, if you group in Gen X with Millenials),  so it's a tad difficult to make budget deals when you're basically not even a presence in the halls of power yet. :D

pie-2-desktop.png

Like when my liberal friends grill me with the question but what about our children??? I answer I don't have children and I don't like yours.

:D

At least we can be kindred spirits on this issue, WSS. :D

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We did work to pass just that legislation. It's the law. But to what purpose? Every time we reach the budgetary limits 60% of the Congress can go ahead and override it. So somebody already did that. But now we are where we are. So again I ask if you were the president, or the minority leader, what would you do in this situation?

We aren't pretending that a government shutdown wouldn't make the Democrats and the Press squeal like stuck pigs are we?

WSS

Oh at this point anything related to the debt is going to make one side or the other squeal and crucify them. Thus why I mentioned it is political suicide. Everyone wants the other guy to tighten his belt. Not them.

Making the budget something you can't override would be a tremendous start. But again, no one will ever do that. As soon as someone mentions cutting back, the other team screams and whines with the media joining right in. We are riding this thing into the ground unless we get both sides to agree that something has to be done and be willing to fall on their swords to start the cure. We won't see it happen. We will have to have a Greece situation and then last minute things will be changed. We are too soft now to deal with something like the Great Depression.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

You're like, what, in your early to mid 60s? You're golden. By the time the check comes for all of this federal debt, you'll be well into you late 80s, if you're still with us at that point. You have nothing to worry about. You and most of your generation of baby boomers will probably have full Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for the rest of your life, and it'll be up to the Gen Xers, my generation of Millennials and later generations to foot the bill for the excesses of yours. It'll be your grandchildren and their descendants who are going to have to pay for wealth that your generation squandered and p.issed away, not you. So kick back, relax, and grab a drink. It's already on the house, after all. ;)

A. I care because I love my country, and it isn't all about me - meaning, I'm not a liberal.

B. What excesses of mine? We worked hard most of our lives to have our farm and our retirements. You kids didn't do that. (go to hell, ObaMao, that was SO STUPID).

C. I care because history lessons like what happened with the Wiemar Republic. Weimar. whatever. An economy can CRASH completely, because at some point - the money is worthless due to inflation, and around it goes.

D. I care because kids will have kids, and they all deserve American freedom, and the American Dream.

E. It's your democratic farty that has created the entitlements monster. Check this out:

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency ...

Oct 18, 2012 - Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama's stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday.

Look at how big our welfare section is in any pie chart. Then make it 32% bigger. That is the dems. LBJ's "great society" run amok.

https://www.creditdonkey.com/welfare-statistics.html

it seems to be a monster that keeps growing and can't be killed. Helping the helpless and needy is important. But we have entire subcultures who dwell on gov assistance because they don't want to work for a living.

All this near crisis, and the dems want to add millions of illegals to the rolls?

headed for a crash and we haven't swerved to avoid it yet. But like all the libs say, there's always more taxes to take from those who actually made their own living by working hard most of their lives....and aren't poor.

19 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Donald Trump tweeted. . .

This will be a big week for Infrastructure. After so stupidly spending $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is now time to start investing in OUR Country!

MAGA!

And I feel so much better that we had that budget deal even if it was a whopper of debt creator. And least we are done spending money that we just cut back taxes to not have. Oh, another $1.5 Trillion for infrastructure that wasn't in the budget?. Guess we will have to take back the taxes we just cut, except of course for the top 1%. Now about that wall the Mexicans will pay for. How about border crossing fees to the tune of oh................say....................$25Bil?

The flim flam man is at it again. Some f'n conservative Republican! He'd put Nancy Pelosi to shame as a right winger at this rate.           LOL!:lol:

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I feel so much better that we had that budget deal even if it was a whopper of debt creator. And least we are done spending money that we just cut back taxes to not have. Oh, another $1.5 Trillion for infrastructure that wasn't in the budget?. Guess we will have to take back the taxes we just cut, except of course for the top 1%. Now about that wall the Mexicans will pay for. How about border crossing fees to the tune of oh................say....................$25Bil?

The flim flam man is at it again. Some f'n conservative Republican! He'd put Nancy Pelosi to shame as a right winger at this rate.           LOL!:lol:

9E5C6E08-2005-4032-AA2D-482E20DC2643.jpeg

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

A. I care because I love my country, and it isn't all about me - meaning, I'm not a liberal.

B. What excesses of mine? We worked hard most of our lives to have our farm and our retirements. You kids didn't do that. (go to hell, ObaMao, that was SO STUPID).

C. I care because history lessons like what happened with the Wiemar Republic. Weimar. whatever. An economy can CRASH completely, because at some point - the money is worthless due to inflation, and around it goes.

D. I care because kids will have kids, and they all deserve American freedom, and the American Dream.

E. It's your democratic farty that has created the entitlements monster. Check this out:

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency ...

Oct 18, 2012 - Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama's stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday.

Look at how big our welfare section is in any pie chart. Then make it 32% bigger. That is the dems. LBJ's "great society" run amok.

It's good to see that you and I can be in agreement on entitlement reform; it's the single biggest driver of the national debt.

So, how big of a reduction in your future social security and Medicare benefits can we put you down for? Every bit helps.

50 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Donald Trump tweeted. . .

This will be a big week for Infrastructure. After so stupidly spending $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is now time to start investing in OUR Country!

MAGA!

I find it a bit strange that El Presidentè would tweet that, since he's had the constitutional authority since day one to withdraw our military completely from the Middle East boondoggles that we've been in for over a decade; potentially saving us further billions, yet, he still has us there for some odd reason.

:blink:

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

It's good to see that you and I can be in agreement on entitlement reform; it's the single biggest driver of the national debt.

So, how big of a reduction in your future social security and Medicare benefits can we put you down for? Every bit helps.

ha. NONE. I earned over decades and decades. That is what legal immigrants do - they come here and earn it. The illegals don't earn diddley. They left mexico because they had nothing there. no college, no training, no car, no job, just want/need a free ride, which they will gladly vote democratic for.

5 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I find it a bit strange that El Presidentè would tweet that, since he's had the constitutional authority since day one to withdraw our military completely from the Middle East boondoggles that we've been in for over a decade; potentially saving us further billions, yet, he still has us there for some odd reason.

I believe he's talking foreign aid, etc etc, over all the years.

39 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The AP has a bit of liberal bias. . .

"I've looked at the numbers. And for as long as I have been studying the amount of tax dollars spent by the federal government versus the amount of revenue it takes in, it has been painfully clear that America is on an unsustainable fiscal path. We're rapidly approaching a point of no return; a tipping point after which we become a country most Americans have never dreamed we would be. If we keep spending like we're spending, American will become a place where unprecedented levels of debt overwhelm the budget, smother the economy, weaken our competitiveness in the twenty-first-century global economy, and threaten the survival of programs for the truly needy."  - Rep. Paul Ryan, (R-W.I.), Sep, 2010

"The president has once again opted for the political stunt for a budget that's more about firing up the president's base in an election year than about solving the nation's biggest and most persistent long-term challenges," - Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, (R-K.Y.), Mar, 2014

"[GOP leadership is planning to] raise the debt ceiling to fund the Obama administration’s big government priorities while doing nothing to stop bankrupting our kids and grandkids...At every stage there’s a promise: ‘Next time we’ll stand and fight but not this time; that is leadership’s position. That we can accomplish nothing other than the priorities of the Democrats such as growing government and expanding the debt...Republican leadership should use every constitutional tool we have to actually address the enormous fiscal and economic problems facing this country. History has demonstrated that by far the most effective tool that Congress has to rein in a recalcitrant president is the debt ceiling," - Sen. Ted Cruz, (R-T.X.), Oct, 2015

“While [President Obama] continues to cling to the same old failed top-down economic policies of spending increases and tax hikes, Republicans are focused on the future. Our budget will focus on growing the economy from the ground up. Unlike the president’s budget, ours will balance and will reduce runaway spending and waste to make a more efficient, effective, and accountable federal government.”  - Sen. John Thune, (R-S.D.), Feb, 2015

giphy.gif

On February 9, 2018 at 9:53 AM, Canton Dawg said:

So the GOP members are silent while the national deficit ballooned. Just like the libs were quiet when Obozo doubled the deficit. 

I think both parties own this fiasco.

I completely agree but this board is littered with pundits who blame only one party and rationalize when their guy does the same thing.  That's what frustrating, people only have ideals when it suits them.

11 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I completely agree but this board is littered with pundits who blame only one party and rationalize when their guy does the same thing.  That's what frustrating, people only have ideals when it suits them.

I think you are mistaking political parties 4 ideology. Not that you aren't correct about people's adherence to party but many of us think for a large part there is a right and wrong way to do things. And I'm sure your smart enough to have noticed that often these ideals are swapped when there's a change of power.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think you are mistaking political parties 4 ideology. Not that you aren't correct about people's adherence to party but many of us think for a large part there is a right and wrong way to do things. And I'm sure your smart enough to have noticed that often these ideals are swapped when there's a change of power.

WSS

Flip Flop was the negative phrase correct.

And no I'm not speaking to political ideology.  I'm talking about the talking heads in here bashing then President Obama for deficit spending and not criticizing Trump for deficit spending.  Oh I forgot that when Obama did it it was to give welfare handouts and Trump is doing it for love of the military, smh...

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Flip Flop was the negative phrase correct.

And no I'm not speaking to political ideology.  I'm talking about the talking heads in here bashing then President Obama for deficit spending and not criticizing Trump for deficit spending.  Oh I forgot that when Obama did it it was to give welfare handouts and Trump is doing it for love of the military, smh...

Point is the deficit Hawks have just switched hats. Like the anti-war guys.

WSS

It's only money we can print up a lot more. Seriously I think we are in trouble big time. We are taking in huge amounts of revenue and still not making a dent in our national debt showing we have a spending problem that is out of control. We have kicked the can down the road this far and I think we are only going to take action when it is too late. We could be taking less painful steps now but when it becomes a crisis there is going to be some real pain involved.

Archived