Sign in to follow this  
jbluhm86

Republican Congress Authorizes Trillion-Dollar Deficit

Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget: Bipartisan Budget Act Cements Return of Trillion-Dollar Deficits:

"Lawmakers have passed a budget deal that will increase deficits by $320 billion over a decade or almost $420 billion with interest and sets the stage for adding $2 trillion to the debt over the next ten years if parts of the deal are made permanent.

The deal would significantly increase caps on discretionary spending by $296 billion over the next two years, provide nearly $90 billion in disaster relief, increase spending on health care in multiple ways, and retroactively extend tax breaks that expired at the end of 2016, among other policies. The deal includes roughly $100 billion of offsets, though many are budget gimmicks or one-time savings like selling oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

This deal is a blow to our nation's fiscal outlook – especially if it is extended permanently...Based on the score from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the budget deal would increase next year's deficits to roughly $1.2 trillion. Annual deficits would remain over $1 trillion indefinitely.

It is highly unlikely lawmakers would allow a sharp $125 billion cut to discretionary funding to go into effect in 2020 when the deal expires. If the temporary policies in the deal were made permanent, deficits would rise to $1.7 trillion by 2027. If the recently-enacted tax bill and delays of Affordable Care Act taxes were also made permanent, the 2027 deficit would increase further to $2.1 trillion."

trillion%20dollar%20deficits%20from%20bu

So, with this budget, the GOP-majority Congress and Trump just approved adding nearly identical amounts of debt to the deficit, and at the same rate, as Obamacare does, per year. Congrats. Looks like your final Obama dragon has been slain. The GOP signed off on adding the same amount of debt as Obamacare; the very thing that they railed against for almost a decade and shut the government down over in 2013. Your Obamacare argument is pretty much mute at this point. The GOP has just been exposed to be the same frauds and charlatans when it comes to deficit spending as the Democrats are. All of the sturm und drang from the Republican Party and the Tea Party movement over fiscal responsibility has been exposed for the hor.seshit sham that it is. The GOP was only about fiscal conservatism when they were the minority party.

giphy.gif

Oh, and one more thing to ponder:

H.R. 1892: Further Extension of Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018:

House of Representatives Vote:

diagram.jpg.858827940d8359b50118ad7f5ce2e38d.jpg

Totals

All Votes Republicans Democrats
Aye 56%

No 43%

Not Voting 1%

Senate Vote:

diagram2.jpg.02118ab083071d26b3addc49e9d7da92.jpg

Totals

All Votes   Republicans Democrats Independents
Yea 71%

Nay 28%

Not Voting 1%

diagram2.jpg.c64da79974cb13d3945af4cb657b014e.jpg

So, a majority of Republicans in the house and the Senate voted yes on this deficit-expanding bill, including Tea Party shills like Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, and even your boy John Thune. Really puts all their Tea Party bulls.hit into focus, no?

Shut the Shmuck up snowflake.  Ye gads.  Get some pussy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Shut the Shmuck up snowflake.  Ye gads.  Get some pussy.

IMG_3843.PNG.5f1b83ab460e50531d5cdb396df50f36.PNG

IMG_3844.PNG.be2f140bb727981ae1b45697ec02dc99.PNG

IMG_3845.PNG.f897bdc51e06b4088c06276db1243430.PNG

:)

• Upvote 1

He said already 100 times he had to cut this deal to get the budget for Defense that he wanted.  The Democrats are the ones who added their Sheet to the budget that caused it to inflate.  MAGA.  If he had enough Republican votes in the Senate (60) he would not have added the Dem's waste.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Directly from the source. 

No doubt but of course people are going to shitt their pants no matter what direction the budget goes. You know it, I know it. Even if JB says he would welcome a government shutdown. But this isn't over the budget. If it were I would let them shut the son-of-a-bitch down. Cut spending by whatever percent is needed right across the board. Screw the wall spend the money on enforcement and screw the illegals.

So logic what would you have done?

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt but of course people are going to shitt their pants no matter what direction the budget goes. You know it, I know it. Even if JB says he would welcome a government shutdown. But this isn't over the budget. If it were I would let them shut the son-of-a-bitch down. Cut spending by whatever percent is needed right across the board. Screw the wall spend the money on enforcement and screw the illegals.

So logic what would you have done?

WSS

In retrospect, I would have worked to pass legislation requiring that we stay within our means decades ago. But since that horse is out of the barn, I would have shut the government down until we can pass legislation that would address the need to start slimming down the budget. It is political suicide but we are governed by gutless turds.

We can’t lower taxes and expect the debt to not balloon. If you lower cash inflow, you have to lower cash outflow. Or just put it all on credit cards until Capital One cuts you off.

44 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

In retrospect, I would have worked to pass legislation requiring that we stay within our means decades ago. But since that horse is out of the barn, I would have shut the government down until we can pass legislation that would address the need to start slimming down the budget. It is political suicide but we are governed by gutless turds.

We can’t lower taxes and expect the debt to not balloon. If you lower cash inflow, you have to lower cash outflow. Or just put it all on credit cards until Capital One cuts you off.

We did work to pass just that legislation. It's the law. But to what purpose? Every time we reach the budgetary limits 60% of the Congress can go ahead and override it. So somebody already did that. But now we are where we are. So again I ask if you were the president, or the minority leader, what would you do in this situation?

We aren't pretending that a government shutdown wouldn't make the Democrats and the Press squeal like stuck pigs are we?

WSS

And I don't believe he can really tax your way out of a spending spree gone mad. Pretty soon you choke the economy get even less Revenue which calls for even more spending and a downward spiral.

I would propose just shutting the whole thing down and forcing everybody from the military to the illegals to the other deadbeats to live within their means.

WSS

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

we can't keep raising taxes and expect the debt to not balloon. They keep spending past the money coming in. Raise taxes to 90%, and they will spend a hell of a lot more. This MUST stop. The dems want to keep buying votes from the welfare folks and all the liberals who think the planet is going to melt tomorrow from "mmgw".

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/obama-claims-power-make-illegal-immigrants-eligible-social-security

So, I am STILL waiting for somebody to explain how this doesn't reflect on the legitimacy of Cloward-Piven concerns.

Why the (*&^(*&^ would any dem support giving SS to illegals..when SS is already in trouble?  This is the dem party - if they Cloward-Piven us into disaster - they will happily blame it on the republicans, and use it to gain far more power from the crisis.

Just like obaMao and holder doing "fast and furious" to discredit our 2nd Amendment and all American gun owners.

The deficit cannot continue to be going up. The dems don't care if it does, and the reps won't stop it. It's the dems that are holding our military, etc, entire gov operations, hostage - to their demands for more and more and more entitlements.

Let's see ... we spend about 53 billion every year on foreign aid and the worthless UN...

if we cut back to about 13 billion... every year we would save 40 billion. In three years, that would

be 120 billion.... in ten years that would be 400 billion.... in 30 years, that would be 1200 billion.....which is 1.2 trillion....?

and we are over 20 trillion....in...debt...

so in 90 years we would save ....3.6 trillion....?

On 2/10/2018 at 7:34 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Classic deflection by retro fitting.:lol:

Speaking of deflection yes it probably is. It is also most certainly true. 

Your point?

WSS

Cal, at this point, why do you even care about the debt?

You're like, what, in your early to mid 60s? You're golden. By the time the check comes for all of this federal debt, you'll be well into you late 80s, if you're still with us at that point. You have nothing to worry about. You and most of your generation of baby boomers will probably have full Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for the rest of your life, and it'll be up to the Gen Xers, my generation of Millennials and later generations to foot the bill for the excesses of yours. It'll be your grandchildren and their descendants who are going to have to pay for wealth that your generation squandered and p.issed away, not you. So kick back, relax, and grab a drink. It's already on the house, after all. ;)

Picture of Democrats adding entitlements to President Trumps Budget:

(Credit: Tu Dong, Facebook)

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

You're like, what, in your early to mid 60s? You're golden. By the time the check comes for all of this federal debt, you'll be well into you late 80s, if you're still with us at that point. You have nothing to worry about. You and most of your generation of baby boomers will probably have full Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for the rest of your life, and it'll be up to the Gen Xers, my generation of Millennials and later generations to foot the bill for the excesses of yours. It'll be your grandchildren and their descendants who are going to have to pay for the wealth provided by your parent's generation that your generation squandered away, not you. So kick back, relax, and grab a drink. It's already on the house, after all. ;)

Yeah even though that wasn't addressed to me that's pretty much the case. Just like when we talk about the stock market correction there will be a much bigger correction in the form of a new and possibly more severe depression. The deficit Hawks have been crying about this forever, unfortunately depending on which party is in power they change hats after every election. If I get another 15 or 20 years on the rock ill be okay. As far as you young guys or someone else's offspring I guess when the bill comes due you could congratulate yourselves for compromising on all these budget deals. You could have held firm and insisted on a budget we could live with but you didn't.

Like when my liberal friends grill me with the question but what about our children??? I answer I don't have children and I don't like yours.

:D

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah even though that wasn't addressed to me that's pretty much the case. Just like when we talk about the stock market correction there will be a much bigger correction in the form of a new and possibly more severe depression. The deficit Hawks have been crying about this forever, unfortunately depending on which party is in power they change hats after every election. If I get another 15 or 20 years on the rock ill be okay. As far as you young guys or someone else's offspring I guess when the bill comes due you could congratulate yourselves for compromising on all these budget deals. You could have held firm and insisted on a budget we could live with but you didn't...

Well, the current youngest sitting Senator is Tom Cotton, who is 40, so no Millenials in the Senate yet.

As for the House, the baby boomer generation and older outnumbers the Millenial's around 62:1 (or around 3:1, if you group in Gen X with Millenials),  so it's a tad difficult to make budget deals when you're basically not even a presence in the halls of power yet. :D

pie-2-desktop.png

Like when my liberal friends grill me with the question but what about our children??? I answer I don't have children and I don't like yours.

:D

At least we can be kindred spirits on this issue, WSS. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We did work to pass just that legislation. It's the law. But to what purpose? Every time we reach the budgetary limits 60% of the Congress can go ahead and override it. So somebody already did that. But now we are where we are. So again I ask if you were the president, or the minority leader, what would you do in this situation?

We aren't pretending that a government shutdown wouldn't make the Democrats and the Press squeal like stuck pigs are we?

WSS

Oh at this point anything related to the debt is going to make one side or the other squeal and crucify them. Thus why I mentioned it is political suicide. Everyone wants the other guy to tighten his belt. Not them.

Making the budget something you can't override would be a tremendous start. But again, no one will ever do that. As soon as someone mentions cutting back, the other team screams and whines with the media joining right in. We are riding this thing into the ground unless we get both sides to agree that something has to be done and be willing to fall on their swords to start the cure. We won't see it happen. We will have to have a Greece situation and then last minute things will be changed. We are too soft now to deal with something like the Great Depression.

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

You're like, what, in your early to mid 60s? You're golden. By the time the check comes for all of this federal debt, you'll be well into you late 80s, if you're still with us at that point. You have nothing to worry about. You and most of your generation of baby boomers will probably have full Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid benefits for the rest of your life, and it'll be up to the Gen Xers, my generation of Millennials and later generations to foot the bill for the excesses of yours. It'll be your grandchildren and their descendants who are going to have to pay for wealth that your generation squandered and p.issed away, not you. So kick back, relax, and grab a drink. It's already on the house, after all. ;)

A. I care because I love my country, and it isn't all about me - meaning, I'm not a liberal.

B. What excesses of mine? We worked hard most of our lives to have our farm and our retirements. You kids didn't do that. (go to hell, ObaMao, that was SO STUPID).

C. I care because history lessons like what happened with the Wiemar Republic. Weimar. whatever. An economy can CRASH completely, because at some point - the money is worthless due to inflation, and around it goes.

D. I care because kids will have kids, and they all deserve American freedom, and the American Dream.

E. It's your democratic farty that has created the entitlements monster. Check this out:

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency ...

Oct 18, 2012 - Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama's stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday.

Look at how big our welfare section is in any pie chart. Then make it 32% bigger. That is the dems. LBJ's "great society" run amok.

https://www.creditdonkey.com/welfare-statistics.html

it seems to be a monster that keeps growing and can't be killed. Helping the helpless and needy is important. But we have entire subcultures who dwell on gov assistance because they don't want to work for a living.

All this near crisis, and the dems want to add millions of illegals to the rolls?

headed for a crash and we haven't swerved to avoid it yet. But like all the libs say, there's always more taxes to take from those who actually made their own living by working hard most of their lives....and aren't poor.

Donald Trump tweeted. . .

This will be a big week for Infrastructure. After so stupidly spending $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is now time to start investing in OUR Country!

MAGA!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Donald Trump tweeted. . .

This will be a big week for Infrastructure. After so stupidly spending $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is now time to start investing in OUR Country!

MAGA!

And I feel so much better that we had that budget deal even if it was a whopper of debt creator. And least we are done spending money that we just cut back taxes to not have. Oh, another $1.5 Trillion for infrastructure that wasn't in the budget?. Guess we will have to take back the taxes we just cut, except of course for the top 1%. Now about that wall the Mexicans will pay for. How about border crossing fees to the tune of oh................say....................$25Bil?

The flim flam man is at it again. Some f'n conservative Republican! He'd put Nancy Pelosi to shame as a right winger at this rate.           LOL!:lol:

16 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I feel so much better that we had that budget deal even if it was a whopper of debt creator. And least we are done spending money that we just cut back taxes to not have. Oh, another $1.5 Trillion for infrastructure that wasn't in the budget?. Guess we will have to take back the taxes we just cut, except of course for the top 1%. Now about that wall the Mexicans will pay for. How about border crossing fees to the tune of oh................say....................$25Bil?

The flim flam man is at it again. Some f'n conservative Republican! He'd put Nancy Pelosi to shame as a right winger at this rate.           LOL!:lol:

9E5C6E08-2005-4032-AA2D-482E20DC2643.jpeg

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

A. I care because I love my country, and it isn't all about me - meaning, I'm not a liberal.

B. What excesses of mine? We worked hard most of our lives to have our farm and our retirements. You kids didn't do that. (go to hell, ObaMao, that was SO STUPID).

C. I care because history lessons like what happened with the Wiemar Republic. Weimar. whatever. An economy can CRASH completely, because at some point - the money is worthless due to inflation, and around it goes.

D. I care because kids will have kids, and they all deserve American freedom, and the American Dream.

E. It's your democratic farty that has created the entitlements monster. Check this out:

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency ...

Oct 18, 2012 - Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama's stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday.

Look at how big our welfare section is in any pie chart. Then make it 32% bigger. That is the dems. LBJ's "great society" run amok.

It's good to see that you and I can be in agreement on entitlement reform; it's the single biggest driver of the national debt.

So, how big of a reduction in your future social security and Medicare benefits can we put you down for? Every bit helps.