Sign in to follow this  
jbluhm86

Republican Congress Authorizes Trillion-Dollar Deficit

"I hope all of you who were fighting for fiscal conservative principles realize what this means, not just today, but in the long run. You can forget about ever wagging your fingers at the Democrats on spending from here on out. That ship has sailed. The next time the GOP loses control of Congress and the White House (and that day is coming sooner or later, believe me), don’t bother yelling about what they’re going to do to the national debt. That particular tool is gone from our arsenal. The GOP has finally been exposed as a group of limacine charlatans who talk a good game on fiscal probity but are unable to walk the walk." - Jazz Shaw, HotAir.com

So the GOP members are silent while the national deficit ballooned. Just like the libs were quiet when Obozo doubled the deficit. 

I think both parties own this fiasco.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes you are probably correct JB and Canton.

As for the opposition when a deal doesn't get done you spew the bile that Trump is not a negotiator. And then pretend yoy want negotiation, which you don't. At any rate it's the same as always if I may quote Paul Simon "laugh about it, shout about it when you have to choose, anyway you look at it you lose"

Democracy is like student council which gives the kids the false sense that the administration gives a rat's asss what they want.

WSS

this deficit could kill our country. I suppose the only hope is that the economy booms so much we can actually pay it off eventually.we could end up broke with skyrocketing inflation that even higher interest rates can't stop.

why the heyl did there have to be MORE social spending? for the freaking illegals and next gen of loser dependents.More money for the military was just held hostage. I still blame the dems far more. Buy more ammo, put more food storage away... just seems like this country will crash under this deficit.

I hated economics back in the day - not my interest for sure. I think we need to make our gov smaller, cut some major fed depts, and take all our money out of the UN, etc etc etc. I just don't get it.

Of course if they had held firm and let the government closed, like I think they probably should, JB and the rest of the lefties would be positively catatonic.

WSS

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

So the GOP members are silent while the national deficit ballooned. Just like the libs were quiet when Obozo doubled the deficit. 

I think both parties own this fiasco.

No sir. It's too late to play the "bipartisan fiasco" card now.

I sat here for years listening to people on this board b.itch about how the deficit was growing under Obama, how it was Obama's debt, etc.

Now, a Republican-majority Congress passed this albatross of a spending bill when - if they actually stuck to their supposed principles of fiscal conservatism - they had enough numbers to veto this bill, and it was signed by a Republican President. By the same logic everyone on the right was espousing during the Obama administration, this falls squarely on the GOP and Trump; its their debt now. Welcome to the Trump deficit.

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

this deficit could kill our country. I suppose the only hope is that the economy booms so much we can actually pay it off eventually.we could end up broke with skyrocketing inflation that even higher interest rates can't stop.

why the heyl did there have to be MORE social spending? for the freaking illegals and next gen of loser dependents.More money for the military was just held hostage. I still blame the dems far more. Buy more ammo, put more food storage away... just seems like this country will crash under this deficit.

I hated economics back in the day - not my interest for sure. I think we need to make our gov smaller, cut some major fed depts, and take all our money out of the UN, etc etc etc. I just don't get it.

Nearly half of the annual federal spending is for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid., more than annual spending on defense.  Social Security is facing future shortfalls worth more than $24.9 trillion, Medicare faces unfunded liabilities approaching $48 trillion. But, are you and others of your generation willing to get less money in your check at the end of the month in order to reduce the deficit?

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Of course if they had held firm and let the government closed, like I think they probably should, JB and the rest of the lefties would be positively catatonic.

WSS

Actually, I would've been pretty sanguine about it. Maybe with their backs to the wall, Congress would've actually had to work on a real budget for a change.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I sat here for years listening to people on this board b.itch about how the deficit was growing under Obama, how it was Obama's debt, etc.

Now, a Republican-majority Congress passed this albatross of a spending bill when - if they actually stuck to their supposed principles of fiscal conservatism - they had enough numbers to veto this bill, and it was signed by a Republican President. By the same logic everyone on the right was espousing during the Obama administration, this falls squarely on the GOP and Trump; its their debt now. Welcome to the Trump deficit.

Nearly half of the annual federal spending is for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid., more than annual spending on defense.  Social Security is facing future shortfalls worth more than $24.9 trillion, Medicare faces unfunded liabilities approaching $48 trillion. But, are you and others of your generation willing to get less money in your check at the end of the month in order to reduce the deficit?

Actually, I would've been pretty sanguine about it. Maybe with their backs to the wall, Congress would've actually had to work on a real budget for a change.

Your right to point out the reps spend too much money, no doubts.  It's just not acceptable to me either.  BUT there is a difference.  The majority of the tax money paid by the middle class comes from rep voters (https://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/economic-demographics-republicans/) and at least they get something in return this time around.  Certainly not much, but it's at least better than the absence they endured during Obama's tenure.

If I want to start a business with a group of people and bring 60% of the capital to the negotiating table, then I run Sheet.  Doesn't matter if I have 2 partners or 200, anything less would be underrepresentation.  I'm not saying that's how a democracy works, but rather I'm saying that's why the average rep will find it slightly more palatable this time.  It's only hypocrisy if the payee cries foul.

Like you, I wish they could have waited for something better.  I find it hard to fathom the dems had nothing to do with this monstrosity, but ok....it's the reps fault.  Now that someone said it, can you stop defending Obama from much needed and deserved criticism?  I mean really, what was the Obama economic plan?

As far as social security goes, it has a few things working against it. 1: Highest unemployment rate ever for 18-24 year olds becuse they're borrowing money to go to college. 2: People live longer from all the expensive drugs and surgeries afforded to them.  I see a pretty easy fix when you want to have that talk.

10 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

So you find the Dims blameless in the National deficit?

Hike up your skirt, your hypocrisy is showing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

So you find the Dims blameless in the National deficit?

Hike up your skirt, your hypocrisy is showing.

Don't read or just dense? 

But...............but....................but..........................Trump said he had a plan.................didn't he? :rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL!

Fools you are to believe a damn thing he says. The man can't even read let alone come up with anything concrete on paper. :lol:

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

I read WITH comprehension.

Obviously you can’t.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But...............but....................but..........................Trump said he had a plan.................didn't he? :rolleyes:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL!

Fools you are to believe a damn thing he says. The man can't even read let alone come up with anything concrete on paper. :lol:

AG, remember “if you like your plan...you can keep your plan, if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor”?

Obozo also said your max out of pocket deductible will not exceed $2500.

Good old Barry, he really thought he knew healthcare...but he didn’t.

• Upvote 1

Look at what happened under Trump

"BUT OBAMAO!!?!?!!!!!!"

But you are biased for the dems, so...

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Not seeing the evidence here.  

Doesn’t surprise me.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Look at what happened under Trump

"BUT OBAMAO!!?!?!!!!!!"

Classic deflection by retro fitting.:lol: