THE BROWNS BOARD

Garoppolo

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Shoulda...woulda....coulda...

We should've drafted a lot of players.

The list of guys we shoulda, coulda drafted since 1999 is as long as my arm. I was probably wrong and Jimmy- and if he pans out, I'll admit I'm wrong. But to give a guy $$$$ and declare him a "franchise qb"after 7 starts is a tad premature. 

The 49ers better hope he's not another Derek Anderson. Plenty of chatter on nfl.com to tag Jimmy in 2018, and then give him the long term contract the following year. 

Foles earned the right to sit in Philly a year & never have to buy 1 Dinner with Drinks.. AJ McCarron just had a wet dream counting his last $690K salary..Just say "No Way" to Hue & Jimmy Dorsey.. So now what is  AJ worth? Dalton sits a 16M same with Glennon at Bears.. 

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

We should have drafted him. He just got a huge contract from his new team

wow.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/08/ex-49ers-qbs-current-teammates-rejoice-at-garoppolo-deal/

Maybe yes and maybe no.

There is now some film on Jimmy to study this 2018 off season. Not a lot, but more than than defenses had to break down prior to this last season. The 2nd and 3rd years of a QB are where the rubber meets the road. Bradys 2nd season he struggled because Marty Schottenhiemer figured out that if you could pressure Brady to move from his spot that he was less effective. The Chargers won. The 2002 San Diego vs NE game was early in the season and then every NFL defense tried to copy what the Chargers did. NE missed the playoffs.

Every QB has strengths and weaknesses. Things that he excels at and things that he is not good at. His favorite go to plays and his least favorite plays. NFL teams are going to work this off season and breakdown Garrapolis tendencies and figure what he likes and then take it away. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

The list of guys we shoulda, coulda drafted since 1999 is as long as my arm. I was probably wrong and Jimmy- and if he pans out, I'll admit I'm wrong. But to give a guy $$$$ and declare him a "franchise qb"after 7 starts is a tad premature. 

The 49ers better hope he's not another Derek Anderson. Plenty of chatter on nfl.com to tag Jimmy in 2018, and then give him the long term contract the following year. 

Derek Carr was supposed to be a world beater. Cam Newton was Superman.

Everybody is so fast to name this guy the next Joe Montana and that guy the next Randy Moss after a season or two.

I watched this video like a month ago and I found it very interesting. It criticizes his footwork and wonders how after 4 years in the pros he still has those problems. 

Yes, it is a no-brainer to say we should have drafted him over Johnny.

But what we really should have done is traded for him. Before last year. When we could get him in there for a year before the contract was due. I think I had about 100 page thread about it. We deiced to do nothing and bank on a 21 year old second rounder instead. And then when we realized the consequences of that, we were passed over by NE for Grop and made a lame attempt at McCarron that failed.

That's why Sashi isn't here. Because of Wentz, Watson, the Grop trade and the failed McCarron trade.

But hopefully this bullshit is over. In Dorsey We Trust.

Zombo

7 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Yes, it is a no-brainer to say we should have drafted him over Johnny.

But what we really should have done is traded for him. Before last year. When we could get him in there for a year before the contract was due. I think I had about 100 page thread about it. We deiced to do nothing and bank on a 21 year old second rounder instead. And then when we realized the consequences of that, we were passed over by NE for Grop and made a lame attempt at McCarron that failed.

That's why Sashi isn't here. Because of Wentz, Watson, the Grop trade and the failed McCarron trade.

But hopefully this cowpoop is over. In Dorsey We Trust.

Zombo

I'll keep saying it over and over again. I don't think Sashi is the one to blame for the Garoppolo trade. 

If you do what all the league considers logic at one point, then how could you be blamed? We offered a 2nd round, IIRC, and NOBODY thought that we should have offered more. 

We drafted Kizer as a plan B. And I'm not angry because Trubisky doesn't look very good, Watson has confirmed the injury concerns and we haven't seen Mahomes yet. 

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'll keep saying it over and over again. I don't think Sashi is the one to blame for the Garoppolo trade. 

If you do what all the league considers logic at one point, then how could you be blamed? We offered a 2nd round, IIRC, and NOBODY thought that we should have offered more. 

We drafted Kizer as a plan B. And I'm not angry because Trubisky doesn't look very good, Watson has confirmed the injury concerns and we haven't seen Mahomes yet. 

Did we offer a 2nd before the draft last year? Because that's what I'm talking about. I would have given up our second first rounder for him last year, it's on record. But we parlayed that into a safety that plays 30 yards off the ball, so we're good.

Zombo

45 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Did we offer a 2nd before the draft last year? Because that's what I'm talking about. I would have given up our second first rounder for him last year, it's on record. But we parlayed that into a safety that plays 30 yards off the ball, so we're good.

Zombo

Well, had it gone wrong today we would be saying why the heck did we trade Garoppolo for a 1st round. 

It can go both ways and if you make a reasonable decision (not risking a 1st) you shouldn't be blamed for it. 

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

Well, had it gone wrong today we would be saying why the heck did we trade Garoppolo for a 1st round. 

It can go both ways and if you make a reasonable decision (not risking a 1st) you shouldn't be blamed for it. 

If you are the head of the organization and after two years your QB stable is Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan ... You should be blamed for it.

Zombo

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

If you are the head of the organization and after two years your QB stable is Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan ... You should be blamed for it.

Zombo

Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

Zombo

*Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't reach for a 3 game starter 2nd round backup offering a #12 overall, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

FIFY. 

11 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

Zombo

*Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

You can also throw in the fact that Sashi couldn’t draft or bring in a WR worth a sh!t.

I think I read or heard that the Browns offered a 1st before the season and were turned down. Jimmy didn't want to go to Cleveland, and Belichick wasn't sending him out to somewhere he didn't want to be.

In the short time he has been on the field (and things could certainly change, he won't be UNDEFEATED forever), he has looked better than any of the FA QBs and better than rookies besides Watson who got hurt

33 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He should have.

FIFY.

Zombo

wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

And...I suspect that the HC....and the owner, felt that Sashi sabotaged it....not just botched it.    I mean...we were all glad he did that.....but the guys in the Browns inner circle clearly were not as happy about it as the fans were. 

McCarron is not the answer....in my opinion.  If he is not declared a FA....I really would not want to see the Browns part with much to get him. 4th rounder maybe.    I think we can do just as well or better by getting a veteran Bridge QB who is a FA.....be that Bradford/Fitzpatrick/McCown or the like. 

If we have Hue and McCarron  together....I just see more complete suckage coming.  We may as well just stick with Kizer.

39 minutes ago, nickers said:

wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.....

YMBAOF 

\/

\/

\/

\/

You Must Be An Old Fart (YMBAOF):lol:

1 hour ago, nickers said:

wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

ICYMI I'm J/K

1 minute ago, nickers said:

FU

If it's hard for you to know what do acronyms mean, imagine for the Spaniard. I started using them because everyone else does so, my man! 

20 hours ago, Mark O said:

Shoulda...woulda....coulda...

We should've drafted a lot of players.

Don't worry, there are plenty of lardass offensive linemen waiting to follow in the footsteps of Joe "I Made No Difference" Thomas.

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Larry, it is your exact attitude that is alive and well in Cleveland. Nobody is good enough for you, dude. Anyone who wants a big cotract? You agree with the Browns to not "lower themselves" and pay. Always some horseshidt with you about how a guy is not worth drafting with our high pick, or how we are better off without him......

So dude, if YOU were the M, this is exactly the fukcking team you would have put together. No risk, no courage, all Bernie Kosar.......play not to lose bullschidt.

In your world, you only want the guys who are throwbacks to the 60s in character, who don't want a lot of money, who aren't good enough for our pick. Jesus, Joseph and Mary, dude. who the fukck IS good enough ?

Seriously, the only thing that blows more than the Browns, are Browns fans. 

Archived