mjp28

NO NFL, NCAA and NO MLB yet so what are you sports nuts watching?

14 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Cavs just made a boatload of huge moves 

I saw something on the local news about that, Cavs got younger, faster, more physical including Larry Nance Jr a big strong above the rim guy......former Cavs player's kid.

Oh the Olympics Opening Ceremony Friday.......kind of boring but I always watch it, snacks time! (hey food and sports just go together)

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh the Olympics Opening Ceremony Friday.......kind of boring but I always watch it, snacks time! (hey food and sports just go together)

Tell that to horse race jockeys...

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Tell that to horse race jockeys...

And any female athlete, model, TV personality especially covering sports. I however am totally exempt from any scrutiny :lol:......hey we do eat smart most of the time. 

12 hours ago, syd said:

the truck guys raced here years ago quarter mile track and for some dumbass reason the owner thought he could make more money with it as a dirt track (NOPE) guess he didn't figure the upkeep was so spendy it has been closed for awhile now

Ive always wanted to get an old beater and bust the windows out to race at dirt tracks around here.

Demolition derby type of racing where you go home with only the steering wheel.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Have you been to Bristol speedway?  As I said, I passed by it and stopped to take a couple of photos.   It does look very small....compared to the others I have seen in like Talladega etc.   It is bowl shaped....and only looked a little bigger than like old Three Rivers or Riverfront stadiums, which it reminded me of.

407417-Large-exterior-view-from-camping-

No, never been. Just watched races there on TV, but Ive never really watched a whole race at any track.

Ive driven by Kentucky, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Kansas

Signing day is supreme but now that that's over Aggie baseball starts in a week.

9 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Signing day is supreme but now that that's over Aggie baseball starts in a week.

Ole Jimbo did pretty damn well with all those last minute signees. I like the fact we got a couple of SEC sized RBs to get the tough yards and keep the D off the field. Not a bad haul for such a late start. Has a decent start for 2019 too.

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Youre a history buff for sure.

How about the military parade on 7/4/18 to commemorate the 100 year university of the end of WW1? I will go if it happens.

I don't think we need military parades in this country.  That is what insecure dictatorships do. (of course...we have a wannabe one of those).

Just a regular patriotic 4th of July parade will do fine.  

And besides....if a parade to commemorate the end of WWII were to be held...it should be held on November 11 (the date of the armistice) ....not on the 4th of July.  That is for  another event...our Independence.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think we need military parades in this country.  That is what insecure dictatorships do. (of course...we have a wannabe one of those).

Just a regular patriotic 4th of July parade will do fine.  

And besides....if a parade to commemorate the end of WWII were to be held...it should be held on November 11 (the date of the armistice) ....not on the 4th of July.  That is for  another event...our Independence.

WW I   correcting the typo  ^^^^

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Right WWI......ended  November 11, 1918.  Sorry.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes WWII had VE day and VJ day and I'm a big WWII buff and couldn't tell you either of them for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now back to sports, but some of these side trips can be interesting. 

28 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes WWII had VE day and VJ day and I'm a big WWII buff and couldn't tell you either of them for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now back to sports, but some of these side trips can be interesting. 

Just off the top of my head:  VE Day was like May 5th or 6th.

VJ Day was like August 8th.  (both 1945)

Now I will look them up to see how close I came. 

Edit:   OK...I was close:    VE Day was May 8, 1945.   VJ Day was August 14, 1945.

A bomb dropped on Hiroshima  August 6th.....then the next one on Nagasaki on Aug. 9th. 

While My Dad was not with this group.....his company did help capture the area around the Eagle's Nest..and he did get up to it just a few days later:

yTeMU35.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kind of amazing some remember 11/11 at 11 am but WWII didn't have the same finish line type dates and times, maybe because it was so spread out all over the world and not just in one theatre of operation. 

Also many WWII guys like my dad and father-in-law just wanted to come home not talk about it and go to work. Getting raised through the Great Depression had something to do with it.... I think. Total war is never fun.

23 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't like Motorized sports....but I do like "cross" when it is done on like  snow boards or ice skates:

There's a big old sports world out there that doesn't include a ball...... You should give it a try. 

I know that "driving to the hoop" (LMAO), "going across the middle" or "laying out for a fly ball" (LMFAO) is totally radical to some, so I'll just leave real radical here........... (he gets up and finishes his run) 

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

There's a big old sports world out there that doesn't include a ball...... You should give it a try. 

I know that "driving to the hoop" (LMAO), "going across the middle" or "laying out for a fly ball" (LMFAO) is totally radical to some, so I'll just leave real radical here........... (he gets up and finishes his run) 

I said I don't care for MOTORIZED sports.    There was no motor on that bike that I could see. 

So, your ASSumption was completely wrong.  There was no ball in the ice cross, snowcross etc. either.

38 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I said I don't care for MOTORIZED sports.    There was no motor on that bike that I could see. 

So, your ASSumption was completely wrong.  There was no ball in the ice cross, snowcross etc. either.

The motor is himself........

Seems most Americans have forgotten that they themselves can be the motor - as they jump in their car and head for Micky Ds..... LMAO 

12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Seems most Americans have forgotten that they themselves can be the motor - as they jump in their car and head for Micky Ds..... LMAO 

408e6b8d09e19844e6e58fc705dae7fb

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Yes...he is the motor....so...ergo...it is non-motorized.  They have 4 different kind of biking events in the Olympics:   track,  road race,  BMX, and Mountain biking.   All good.  But no motors. 

The only kind of motorized racing I would have much interest in would be like  Rocket Ship racing.    First ship to Mars wins.

On 2/8/2018 at 2:11 PM, mjp28 said:

Desperation? The last act of one of the best NBA players ever LBJ, I wonder how close he comes to the all time scoring title?

Since were talking watch some NBA, scouting combine, the the draft. Skiing at the Olympics.  BTW, my math says LeBron will need around 5 seasons averaging 20 PPG to catch Kareem. He might do it if he stays healthy. 

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I saw something on the local news about that, Cavs got younger, faster, more physical including Larry Nance Jr a big strong above the rim guy......former Cavs player's kid.

I'snt Larry Nance still working in the Cavs front Office?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The only kind of motorized racing I would have much interest in would be like  Rocket Ship racing.    First ship to Mars wins.

To each their own for sure...... Me? Total all of the minutes of basketball that I have ever seen in my 50ys of life and they wouldn't add up to a single quarter of that awful frickin' game.    

It's the first Olympic Sunday I clicked on the NBC site to see what was on when....

12 noon Gold Zone DAY 2......if you click on this it goes into great detail on all the stories and even brings up the live streaming feed if you want! Far out!

All the best action from the past 24 hours of the 2018 Winter Olympics, condensed into two quick hours!

MORE ON THE Olympics thread on the Barber Shop thread. Check it out . 

The coverage in the Olympics is been pretty terrible I don't this point nothing but figure skating