THE BROWNS BOARD

NO NFL, NCAA and NO MLB yet so what are you sports nuts watching?

mjp28

NO NFL, NCAA and NO MLB yet so what are you sports nuts watching? It's that major sports lull period for me. :mellow:

The "Cadiverliers" are in tailspin although LBJ won a game at the buzzer yesterday - I'm no hoops guy EXCEPT for MARCH MADNESS I'm all in there.

Thank goodness for the Olympics that start tonight! Thought for a while it might be the NK vs SK missile throwing contest, lol.

I've been watching "m" vs THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY BUCKEYES lately on ESPN CLASSICS. 

Golf, sock-her, even hockey can be boring I'd rather watch kids playing in the street......if you can find any, they're all inside playing video games.....no wonder they'll never leave home.

SO WHAT AM I MISSING ON TV? DON'T SAY THE NETWORK SIT-COMS OR REALITY TV, they stink!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Perhaps I'm not understanding you question, but I'm watching the OSU men's basketball right now.  They're in 1st place in the division.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes like I said I'm not really a hoops guy, never been but I watch who's winning the conference tournaments leading up to one of the most interesting tournaments in all of sports MARCH MADNESS a true one and done event. As far as regular season not that much interest. 

NBA near zero interest unless the Cavs are in it.

28 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes like I said I'm not really a hoops guy, never been but I watch who's winning the conference tournaments leading up to one of the most interesting tournaments in all of sports MARCH MADNESS a true one and done event. As far as regular season not that much interest. 

Buckeyes are the surprise team of the year you missed a great game last night as far as the nba The Trail Blazers are the only game in town so i do follow them as i do the Cavs and they sure have been busy today at the trade deadline

1 hour ago, syd said:

hey we beat the athletes of russia last night in mixed curling in a beat down 

side note : the russian gal was kinda hot 

Strangly enough I can get into curling as with most all summer or winter Olympic sports.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

There's no doubt the Browns is my favorite team overall.  But I do enjoy OSU Basketbal and Football.  The Cavs and Indians are interesting when they are winning (only).  Not a huge NBA and MLB fan.  There is really no other sport that I get into.

7 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Cavs just made a boatload of huge moves 

Desperation? The last act of one of the best NBA players ever LBJ, I wonder how close he comes to the all time scoring title?

I may start paying some attention to Big Ten Basketball.    Care little about the other leagues....except for the occasional big rivalry matchup.

Two reasons:   A.  The one and done rule now takes away interest in any college team... They need to go to the football rule:  you go to college...you must stay for 3 years.   Or....the baseball rule:  you can come out after HS....and play....but IF you do go to college...then you are not draft eligible for 3 years.

B. I am sick, bored and tired of it being the same 5 schools always winning:  Duke/NC/KY/Kansas.

Easy..... Supercross. In fact, I'm headed down to San Diego this Saturday for round round 6 with five of my buddies.

Saturday nights, live on FS1 and even Fox itself........ You think football players are tough? You haven't seen tough until you watch Supercross. 

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Easy..... Supercross. In fact, I'm headed down to San Diego this Saturday for round round 6 with five of my buddies.

Saturday nights, live on FS1 and even Fox itself........ You think football players are tough? You haven't seen tough until you watch Supercross. 

I don't like Motorized sports....but I do like "cross" when it is done on like  snow boards or ice skates:

Just now, D Bone said:

Those Supercross guys are nuts! I used to love bikes especially hill climbing on my old Honda 350 scrambler, went through tons of mirrors, hand grips, brake and shifter levers and even bent my reinforced handlebars against my tank......I cut back after that one.

The drag guys are also nuts!

Something about seeing the USA on the uniforms just gets it real exciting!  Well including the men's and women's  figure skating,  no USA required there. ;)

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Olympics will dominate the next couple of weeks.  Absolutely.

winter Olympics are the best. I enjoyed them so much more before the Berlin Wall and the cold war ended. So much intrigue and mystery then. Also, it was actually the Olympics, all amateurs. The US amateurs couldn't compete with the soviets, so now the Olympics is largely a professional sporting event. Still, it is hell of a lot better than the NFL,, MLB and NBA.Far, far less thug, hood, ghetto, urban BS.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I do not think that "ice cross"    cross on ice skates is an Olympic sport....not sure why not. It is wild:  You could have individual and team:

Love it. I would like to see Oprah tied to a sled and shoved out the starting gate.

26 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

winter Olympics are the best. I enjoyed them so much more before the Berlin Wall and the cold war ended. So much intrigue and mystery then. Also, it was actually the Olympics, all amateurs. The US amateurs couldn't compete with the soviets, so now the Olympics is largely a professional sporting event. Still, it is hell of a lot better than the NFL,, MLB and NBA.Far, far less thug, hood, ghetto, urban BS.

You mean that the US Amateurs could not compete with the Soviet professionals. 

Nascar

I always start watching it to have something on and then lose interest a few weeks into the season.

Im forced to hear about big 12 basketball. Baseball too which I could care less about.

There is a lull and then NFL free agency and then the draft and then the NFL is rolling again. The Browns will be the most interesting team to watch this off season.

32 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Nascar

I always start watching it to have something on and then lose interest a few weeks into the season.

Im forced to hear about big 12 basketball. Baseball too which I could care less about.

There is a lull and then NFL free agency and then the draft and then the NFL is rolling again. The Browns will be the most interesting team to watch this off season.

Daytona is coming up I never miss it 

i used to watch it all the time until they started adding crap tracks (Chicago texas) just to name a few and of course the rule changes like pit row speed and not being able to race back to the line when the yellow came out kinda ruined it for me

2 minutes ago, syd said:

Daytona is coming up I never miss it 

i used to watch it all the time until they started adding crap tracks (Chicago texas) just to name a few and of course the rule changes like pit row speed and not being able to race back to the line when the yellow came out kinda ruined it for me

I want to go to Bristol at night.

Archived