THE BROWNS BOARD

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

hoorta

Stay on topic Gunz, quit attacking me pleeeeeaaase. Talk about the topic. New content please, you're getting repetitive. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone pops over to the Cleveland Browns actual website. The top 3 videos just below the new coordinator's press conferences, you'll find 3 videos about Saquon specifically. 

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

I thought he might curb his expectations just a bit.

I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

2 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

He runs close to a '4.1' 40. Brah-

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Stay on topic Gunz, quit attacking me pleeeeeaaase. Talk about the topic. New content please, you're getting repetitive. 

You are the one saying the SAME thing over and over and got an entire thread shut down.

I didn't say a single word of the quote. It's from a movie. Since you like posting all these videos, maybe I should just post dumb memes. Everyone will get the same thing out of it as your videos, a laugh.

Nobody is attacking you, you are acting WAY out there with unreal expectations for a kid. And you can't listen to ANYONE.

Just now, Mark O said:

Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

Holy Sheet. You're getting it. It FEELS good, doesn't it? Sayhope Barkley

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

He runs close to a '4.1' 40. Brah-

Yes this is true, a 4.5-5.5 is closer to 4.1 than 2.1

And for YOUR guy, you are disrespecting him there. He has a unique name, and I am sure he would like to be called by it.

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

So in conclusion, Mr. PoeticG, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

This should automatically come up after every PoG post. 

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Setting the bar too low, he doesn't even need light bulbs, he has super powers so he can have fire coming out his fingers, light up the world by opening his eyes, and he freezes time. 

Didn't you see that play he lost yardage that Po referenced against Buckeyes, he went under him, then jumped in the air and pulled off Shaun Whites entire routine before he hit the ground

I'm still frozen in awe from it.

In fact, forget the #1 this year, since the Browns will have him and will be at so much of an advantage and never lose another game, they have to give up 1st round pick every year he is on the team. 2nd round picks for Gordon, and 3rd for Hogan.

285 game winning streak starts this year.

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

And for YOUR guy, you are disrespecting him there. He has a unique name, and I am sure he would like to be called by it.

Sasa Sparkley be a dog. And dog's do dog things. Did you know that Sasa is pronounced "Say-Say"? That's what people call him.

Look, if you come across anything interesting, articles, quotes or some good videos that you can think might be relevant to the topic... Saquon Barkley, this is the thread where you drop it. If you just want to bitch about reading about him, maybe go read about Mayfield or maybe so other topic you might enjoy more?

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

This should automatically come up after every PoG post. 

I just said it because I was grading him and that just popped into my mind.

May be a little unfair, he seems like a good guy with a warped opinion of a couple players.

Besides, what would be after Ghoolies?

Sasa Sparkley be a dog. And dog's do dog things. Did you know that Sasa is pronounced "Say-Say"? That's what people call him.

Look, if you come across anything interesting, articles, quotes or some good videos that you can think might be relevant to the topic... Saquon Barkley, this is the thread where you drop it. If you just want to bitch about reading about him, maybe go read about Mayfield or maybe so other topic you might enjoy more?

No, your expectations are ridiculous and give me my laughs and entertainment for the day. And I certainly need those recently.

#SasaHogan2020

2 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I just said it because I was grading him and that just popped into my mind.

May be a little unfair, he seems like a good guy with a warped opinion of a couple players.

Besides, what would be after Ghoolies?

Honestly, it doesn't matter.

Both are trolls. 

35 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

It feels good to make fun of the ridiculousness of your hundreds of  posts drooling over this dude.   is that what you meant when you asked if it feels good?  

My draft day preferences are very simple....... Just say no to Charles Barkley at #1 and just say no to Allen unless it's in round 3 or later.

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Not bring from Cleveland, Ohio, or close maybe this is a dumb question, but what is a hunkie junk sandwich

lol. Old simple recipe - brown a couple or three packages of your favorite sage sausage - (I love the Jimmie Dean sausage), get all

the grease out of the skillet, and add a good size bowl of chopped up green tomatoes and and a bowl of chopped sweet peppers, I'm not much on green pepper - I go with yellow and orange bells, and Hungarian sweet banana peppers mostly ....maybe a semi-hot pepper, too - cook that for a while, it cooks down into a sausage sloppy joe add salt and black pepper to taste. Not very politically correct - the recipe, with name, was gotten from a friend of my Dad's who was from Hungary.

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

lol. Old simple recipe - brown a couple or three packages of your favorite sage sausage - (I love the Jimmie Dean sausage), get all

the grease out of the skillet, and add a good size bowl of chopped up green tomatoes and and a bowl of chopped sweet peppers, I'm not much on green pepper - I go with yellow and orange bells, and Hungarian sweet banana peppers mostly ....maybe a semi-hot pepper, too - cook that for a while, it cooks down into a sausage sloppy joe add salt and black pepper to taste. Not very politically correct - the recipe, with name, was gotten from a friend of my Dad's who was from Hungary.

Well the sausage, salt and pepper sound good. Not much on peppers, but I love hot things. Guess I am just weird

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

This is very true. That's the other half of the analysis? It's a very nice draft for running backs. They may not have the measurables,

but terrific running backs don't have to be the very best rb in a draft. Like Terrell Davis - a sixth round pick. "top rated" doesn't mean you have to pick that one at the top of the draft.

Po just doesn't want to listen. More factoids. Of the top 10 running backs in 2017, only three were drafted in the first round. Gurley, Fournette, and Eliot. None made it to the Super Bowl.  BTW those who did- Dion Lewis at #14 (fifth round pick) and LeGarrett Blount at #21 (UFA). If we did take Barkley at #1, and then call the Eagles saying we'll trade you Saquon for Carson Wentz straight up, they'd laugh and hang up. 

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

LOL RAN? Why- he just put on his Superman Cape, and flew back at hypersonic speed. You forgot he won the Alpine Downhill, and scored 10 goals for the US hockey team against Russia. :lol:

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

I could ask Zombo to change Po's screen name like he does for Steelers trolls to PoBarkley (I'll take nominations for something more creative),  and put in his tag line- writing Saquon Barkley's biography, also Saquon's #1 groupie.    

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

You ever do that with squirrel cal?

My grandmother used to simmer a brisket all day in a stove top, well seasoned iron skillet (that means you just wipe it out and never use soap on it-kills the seasoning). Every time she made it us kids would drool over it until old Gramp would say, "She sure does cook a mean armadillo on the half shell doesn't she?" We all knew it was one of the near grown calves they raised on the farm, but we always went along with it. Once when my mom commented on how good it was my grandmother said, "Oh yeah, that's Becky." LOL!. She had a habit of naming the calves and that one was named for my sister. My mom promptly ran to the bathroom and threw up. My grandmother just looked at us kids and smilingly said, "City girls.":D

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Po just doesn't want to listen. More factoids. Of the top 10 running backs in 2017, only three were drafted in the first round. Gurley, Fournette, and Eliot. None made it to the Super Bowl.  BTW those who did- Dion Lewis at #14 (fifth round pick) and LeGarrett Blount at #21 (UFA). If we did take Barkley at #1, and then call the Eagles saying we'll trade you Saquon for Carson Wentz straight up, they'd laugh and hang up. 

LOL RAN? Why- he just put on his Superman Cape, and flew back at hypersonic speed. You forgot he won the Alpine Downhill, and scored 10 goals for the US hockey team against Russia. :lol:

I could ask Zombo to change Po's screen name like he does for Steelers trolls to PoBarkley (I'll take nominations for something more creative),  and put in his tag line- writing Saquon Barkley's biography, also Saquon's #1 groupie.    

Who is someone reasonably that if the Browns drafted him, that they could turn around and trade him for?

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You ever do that with squirrel cal?

no, I don't think I ever would - never even made squirrel pot pie, but figure to this fall.

Since you guys like to talk stats and draft position so much... let's look at the Top 10 RBs of last year, their production and their draft position, shall we...

10 - Devonta FreemanOverall, Freeman finished with 865 rushing yards, 4.4 ypc, seven rushing touchdowns, 36 receptions, 317 receiving yards, and one receiving touchdown in the 2017 season.

Freeman was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the fourth round (103rd overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.

9 - Melvin Gordon - Overall, in the 2017 season, Gordon finished with 1,105 rushing yards, 3.9 ypc, eight rushing touchdowns, 58 receptions, 476 receiving yards, and four receiving touchdowns.

The San Diego Chargers selected Gordon in the first round with the 15th overall pick.

8 - Ezekiel Elliot - Overall, in the 2017 season, he finished with 983 rushing yards, 4.1 ypc, seven rushing touchdowns, 269 receiving yards, and two receiving touchdowns.

Elliott was selected in the first round with the fourth overall pick by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2016 NFL Draft on April 28, 2016

7 - LeSean McCoy - Overall, in the 2017 season, he finished with 1138 rushing yards, 4.0 ypc, 6 rushing touchdowns, 448 receiving yards, and two receiving touchdowns. 

McCoy was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round (53rd overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.[52] He was the fourth running back to be selected that year.

6 - Leanord Fournette - Fournette was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the first round with the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.

As of the 2017 NFL season.

Year Team Games Rushing Receiving Fumbles
G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Fum Lost
2017 JAX 13 13 268 1,040 3.9 90T 9 36 302 8.4 28 1 2 0
Career 13 13 268 1,040 3.9 90T 9 36 302 8.4 28 1 2 0
Playoffs
Year Team Games Rushing Receiving Fumbles
G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Fum Lost
2017 JAX 3 3 70 242 3.5 18 4 7 44 6.3 12 0 0 0
Career 3 3 70 242 3.5 18 4 7 44 6.3 12 0 0 0

Honorable Mention - Dalvin Cook In his first NFL game against the New Orleans Saints, Cook set the Vikings' rookie debut rushing record, previously held by Adrian Peterson by rushing for 127 yards on 22 carries. In four games in his rookie year, Cook finished with 354 rushing yards.

The Minnesota Vikings selected Cook in the second round (41st overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.

5 - Mark Ingram - he finished the regular season with career-highs of 1,124 rushing yards, 12 rushing touchdowns, 58 receptions, and 416 receiving yards.

The New Orleans Saints selected Ingram in the first round with the 28th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

4 - Alvin Kamara*NFL draft experts and analysts projected him as a second round pick, The New Orleans Saints selected Kamara in the third round (67th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the fifth running back selected. 

In 2017, 728 yards rushing and 826 yards receiving, 9 TDs.

STATS

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2017 Regular Season 120 728 6.1 74 8 40 81 826 10.2 40 5 1 1
2017 Postseason 21 66 3.1 10 1 3 5 72 14.4 23 1 0 0
Career 120 728 6.1 74 8 40 81 826 10.2 40 5 1 1

3 - Kareem HuntHunt was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the third round (86th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Rushing & Receiving

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  • Share & more
    • Modify & Share Table
    • Embed this Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Strip Mobile Formatting
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
  Games Rushing Receiving        
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       16 16 272 1327 8 69 4.9 82.9 17.0 63 53 455 8.6 3 78 3.3 28.4   1782 11 1 15
2017* 22 KAN RB 27 16 16 272 1327 8 69 4.9 82.9 17.0 63 53 455 8.6 3 78 3.3 28.4 84.1% 1782 11 1 15

2 - La'Veon Bell - Bell was selected in the 2nd round, #48 pick by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

In 2017 Bell had 1291 rushing yards, 4 ypc, 9 rushing TDs, 655 receiving yards, 2 REC TDS. 

1 - Todd Gurley -  Selected in the first Round #10 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams. 

Gurley had 1,305 rushing yards, 4.7 ypc. 13 rushing TDs, 788 receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs. Named Offensive Player of the Year in 2017. 

Gold names represent 1st round picks. Orange names represent 2nd and borderline 2nd round picks. Black bold names represent players taken third round or after. Red names - honorable mention for injury.

*Note- Kamara is denoted with an orange label as he barely slips from the second rounder where most draft experts had him rated. 

Here is a nice video I found showing the top 10 in action. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This list clearly shows that FIVE, including the #1 offensive player in the NFL in 2017, that's 50% of the top ten Running Backs were drafted in the first round. FOUR others in the second round, or argumentatively THREE others were drafted in the 2nd round, primo pick territory, as many teams only usually get 1 pick per round. Only 2 players, that were rated in the top 10 were later picks. 

If you watch the video above and compare and look at the stats, there is nothing that any of these guys have done that Barkley is not or could not be capable of doing on a football field. He much faster and stronger and agile than any of these top 10 guys seem to be. I would like to inform you guys that running a successful scheme and often times getting some lucky breaks really do factor into better stats. I don't know how the offensive line play accounts into this list but I would think that it would also be a contributing factor. 

Anyways, it's something to talk about. If you know that these guys are putting up those kinds of numbers and he's a guy coming out in the draft, a guy far superior to any of the guys in the top 10, that's when it's safe for you to use a number 1 overall pick on a talented guy like Saquon. He's likely going to earn offensive rookie of the year next year. It becomes even CLEARER that you are able to have the luxury of taking him #1 when you also have another pick 2 picks later. 

Both NY and INDY are licking their chops at the thought of him slipping through Cleveland hands because of their perceived QB woes. Neither team WANTS to take a QB here, they want Eli and Luck to get better and to support their guys with playmakers and protection. Both these teams have capable QB, what they lack is a dynamic lethal weapon sidekick. One that's an unselfish team first guy, wise beyond his years, Uncapped potential, NFL ready NOW and one with a heart of gold. 

Just for once, let it be us this time. Let it be us. 

16 minutes ago, Mark O said:

He can be had at #4 or they can pick one in the 2nd round with pick 33 since 5 were first round picks and 4 others were 2nd round picks.  The team needs a QB.  Deshogy Hoglesszer isn't going to get the job done at QB.

Are you going to stop being a fan when the Browns draft him #1 and a QB #4? Serious question.

Archived