Jump to content
hoorta

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

Recommended Posts

I have my favorite QB, and most of us here have one, but all I really care about is that our team gets the guy they rank the best. That after all the hundreds of hours of film, discussion, and back and forth analysis, we draft the guy number 1 overall, and we live with it. Regardless of where the "experts" say this guy should go, regardless of whether or not he would've been available later, I just want our freaking team to decide on the guy who is their consensus top QB, and I want him drafted ONE. I don't want to hear that we "have a list of 3 qb's that we'd be happy with" because that's total crap. Decide who we want, and draft him. It really is THAT simple, yet I can't help but feel like we're going to get cute, and we're going to try and maximize our resources and end up losing out on "our guy". Lots of people on this board wanted Mahomes, Trubisky, and some even said Watson. Did anybody here want Kizer? No, no they didn't. What was the result? Only the worst QB in the league. I'm not an idiot, Watson would not have been as good with us, but still...it's likely he wouldn't have been the worst in the league either. 

All I'm saying is, I want to read "Browns land their guy" and I don't want to hear any excuses. Wanna know why? Because there ARE none. When you have the first pick, you can take whoever you want. It's so incredibly simple, yet I'm left with the distinct impression we're going to completely mess it up. Yeah I'm being a negative jerk right now, but it's difficult not to be when you look at our history. And someone could easily say, "Well John Dorsey wasn't a part of that history!" Yeah, and guess what? During our almost impossible run of QB futility, how many different guys did we have making decisions? So the question is, why would Dorsey be any different? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand anyone for ANY team or ANY position saying we have to draft someone at a certain position, even if that person would be there later. Have had it on different people in this thread.

If you get the players you WANT, it doesn't matter where they are drafted. Saquon Barkley is no different at 1 or 10, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen are no different at 1 vs 4. 

Now if the argument is, this is the guy the Browns should take, and he will not be there at the next pick then YES, but to say we have to take this guy here even if he will be there later doesn't make sense.

Just because I have seen the names mentioned recently, use Rashad Penney and Kurt Benkert as examples. Say the Browns rate them at the top of their positions. They are later round choices. But people saying you got to take these guys as THE GUY are saying use 1 and 4. 

The point isn't to get one guy no matter what. It's to get your guys to make the team the best you can. Use the picks wisely, get the best players you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe anybody on this board wanted Gilbert as the Browns top pick. That's how bad it was.

etc etc.

Dorsey and co. have the experience and the smarts to draft real Football Players, and they will. Whoever they draft,

I will know they drafted smart right from the gitgo - not sure I ever felt that way before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

See THAT is where I have an issue with your love for Barkley.

You got the option in the question of getting your top QB AND Barkley at 4. But you chose to take Barkley and then your 3rd QB choice.

So you care more about Barkley going 1st for some kind of trend/hasn't been done in a long time over getting the best team possible.

I think the young man seems like a really good man, and a good prospect. He hasn't proven ANYTHING as of now. And while it wouldn't be my pick, I wouldn't mind the Browns drafting him. But when you draft him (or anyone else) at a detriment to the team.

If after combine and pro days the QB position is ranked Mayfield, Allen, Darnold, Rosen like you say, and you can get Mayfield and Barkley at 1 and 4, it is WAY MORE IMPORTANT to get them both as opposed to A CERTAIN PLAYER BEING THE 1 PICK

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2185957/saquon-barkley

Here are his game stats this season. Is he going to smash Pittsburgh like  he did the buckeyes? Or mich st? Two huge games he didn't show much.   He's got half the season but showing much. 

He wasn't even the best in the big Ten. That's why I'm skeptical.  

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/2185957/saquon-barkley

Here are his game stats this season. Is he going to smash Pittsburgh like  he did the buckeyes? Or mich st? Two huge games he didn't show much.   He's got half the season but showing much. 

He wasn't even the best in the big Ten. That's why I'm skeptical.  

First time I bothered to look, couple great games, bunch of others he got shut down. 44 yards on 21 carries against the Buckeyes 2.1 ypc. (his TD was on a kickoff return) I already know Po's going to say inferior line, and they were keying on him. Saying he had a great game against Akron is about the same as me saying Josh Allen had a great game against Gardner-Webb. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to say that 2 seasons ago he ate up Ohio State. They were ready for him but still, have you watched the tape? I can't tell you how many times you hear the announcer say that the defense had Barkley DEAD TO RIGHTS in the backfield and he still managed to get positive yards. The kid ran a kickoff on the opening possession and then put them in the lead with an amazing highlight run. He really didn't have that great of a game? He did some nice things this game and you guys act like it was the worst game ever. You can't look at stats. Watch the tape. Watch the tape. Please for the love of all that is still good in the world, watch the tape. Kids a Phenom. He ran UNDER a defender that had him DEAD TO RIGHTS for a loss... under. smh

It seems after Barkley ran back the first kickoff Ohio State pooched and squib kicked the rest of the game, leading to really good starting field positon for his team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that in arguably Penn State's two biggest games the last two seasons, Penn State got big leads (vs USC in the Rose Bowl and then vs Ohio State in Ohio Stadium) with the all-time talent that is Saquon Barkley at RB and blew both games. You would think that such a dynamic talent in the backfield would have been able to easily salt those games away and keep USC's and OSU's offense off the field, resulting in Penn State victories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But he looks so nice in his white uniform if you know what I mean. :lol:

Seriously though IMHO you really have to be a tough-nosed SOB to make it for any length of time as a RB in the brutal NFL.....just think of the best ever or even just good ones. Does he have it, we'll find out, is he a top 5 or 10 pick? TBD over time.

If you have an extra high R1 pick might be worth a shot but not if you also need a QB and much more.

C'mon 4/26/18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I find it interesting that in arguably Penn State's two biggest games the last two seasons, Penn State got big leads (vs USC in the Rose Bowl and then vs Ohio State in Ohio Stadium) with the all-time talent that is Saquon Barkley at RB and blew both games. You would think that such a dynamic talent in the backfield would have been able to easily salt those games away and keep USC's and OSU's offense off the field, resulting in Penn State victories. 

Actually, just for you Dutch.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm going to say that 2 seasons ago he ate up Ohio State. They were ready for him but still, have you watched the tape? I can't tell you how many times you hear the announcer say that the defense had Barkley DEAD TO RIGHTS in the backfield and he still managed to get positive yards. The kid ran a kickoff on the opening possession and then put them in the lead with an amazing highlight run. He really didn't have that great of a game? He did some nice things this game and you guys act like it was the worst game ever. You can't look at stats. Watch the tape. Watch the tape. Please for the love of all that is still good in the world, watch the tape. Kids a Phenom. He ran UNDER a defender that had him DEAD TO RIGHTS for a loss... under. smh

It seems after Barkley ran back the first kickoff Ohio State pooched and squib kicked the rest of the game, leading to really good starting field positon for his team.  

I dont know about others, but I dont need to watch a tape, I saw the game when it happened.

Here is the bottom line, running under defenders or looking great doesn't matter. You can want to forget all the stats you want from that game and say they don't matter, but there are 2 things you can't poo poo. 21 carries for 44 yards and the more important thing, they LOST.

He can be the greatest player of all time (And he seems to be in your mind), but the object is to win, not look fancy. He can break or make 10 tacklers miss, but it only takes one.

Now he may have LOOKED amazing in that game to you, and put up great NUMBERS against other teams, but the Ohio State defense is the closest thing he faced to an NFL defense, and he didn't produce. 

And yes the 36 yard touchdown counts just the same as any other run, but aside from that 1 run, he went 20 carries for 8 yards. And THAT is what you are using to talk his up, because he LOOKED fancy??? You even actually questioned someone about have a great game.

No, stats aren't everything. But they are a key of how someone performed. And even counting the 36 yard TD, he didn't perform well. Certainly not well enough to win.

Looks dont matter, unless if course you are wanting him to enter a beauty pageant or something

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

I dont know about others, but I dont need to watch a tape, I saw the game when it happened.

Here is the bottom line, running under defenders or looking great doesn't matter. You can want to forget all the stats you want from that game and say they don't matter, but there are 2 things you can't poo poo. 21 carries for 44 yards and the more important thing, they LOST.

He can be the greatest player of all time (And he seems to be in your mind), but the object is to win, not look fancy. He can break or make 10 tacklers miss, but it only takes one.

Now he may have LOOKED amazing in that game to you, and put up great NUMBERS against other teams, but the Ohio State defense is the closest thing he faced to an NFL defense, and he didn't produce. 

And yes the 36 yard touchdown counts just the same as any other run, but aside from that 1 run, he went 20 carries for 8 yards. And THAT is what you are using to talk his up, because he LOOKED fancy??? You even actually questioned someone about have a great game.

No, stats aren't everything. But they are a key of how someone performed. And even counting the 36 yard TD, he didn't perform well. Certainly not well enough to win.

Looks dont matter, unless if course you are wanting him to enter a beauty pageant or something

 

I think you've missed the mark. He had over 150 all purpose yards and two touchdowns before the end of the first quarter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Greg Schanio. Ohio State had 2 weeks to prepare for Barkley. Once in a 10 year runningback huh?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe Urban's comments on Barkley. Best Ohio State's coaching staff has seen in 30 years... Just sayin. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I think you've missed the mark. He had over 150 all purpose yards and two touchdowns before the end of the first quarter. 

And 95 of those yards and one touchdown came on a kickoff return. Hello? You're not going to be having your franchise running back returning kickoffs in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoorta said:

And 95 of those yards and one touchdown came on a kickoff return. Hello? You're not going to be having your franchise running back returning kickoffs in the NFL. 

We are going to do whatever it takes to win.

Last Kickoff of the game? Yeah, there's a good chance we're probably going to have Barkley in to try to run it back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know - I still think it's a great draft to get a rb in the second round...but:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/26/saquon-barkley-penn-state-2018-nfl-draft

Quickly

  • Better than Ezekiel Elliott? Evaluators around the NFL think so. The Penn State running back is emerging as a generational talent and is being viewed as a true franchise player as the league goes back to the future with power-running offenses
By Albert Breer
September 26, 2017

The Titans, built sturdy and tough up front, rushed for 195 yards on the vaunted Seahawks defense on Sunday. The Ravens spent the last two offseason getting younger and quicker on defense, and that group kept the Bengals and Browns out of the end zone in Weeks 1 and 2. Then in London, a Jaguars offense reworked this offseason with size in mind ran for 166 yards on them.

This is how the NFL works. Teams spent the last decade building around quarterbacks and receivers, and defenses are now stocked with 220-pound linebackers and 250-pound pass rushers. And now we’re getting the zig to that zag—personnel czars like Jacksonville’s Tom Coughlin and Tennessee’s Jon Robinson capitalized by building jackhammer offenses to run at those defenses, while creating better environments for their young QBs.

“That’s been going on since the 1970s,” said one NFC personnel exec. “It’s not a new trend, it’s the same cycle. New people rise in the football world, history repeats itself.”

Enter Saquon Barkley. In the four drafts between 2011 and ’14, only one running back, Alabama’s Trent Richardson, went in the top half of the first round. In the last three drafts, five tailbacks—Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey—have gone within the top 16 picks. And Barkley might be better than any of them.

Moreover, he’s coming along at the right time. Teams are considering retro looks offensively, which can prop up young quarterbacks, help the defense, and exploit opponents built to combat high-end passing attacks. So where the value of running backs may have recently declined, it seems now demand for a 230-pound, three-down, 21st-century style bellcow, a la Elliott or Joe Mixon, is on the rise.

“You can build an offense around him,” said one AFC exec of Barkley. “He’s so f---ing good. Zeke is solid in all areas. Fournette is a special athlete for the position. This kid? He’s way better than both of them . . . He’s a step above Zeke in all categories, and has much better hands and feet and vision than Fournette does. He’s special. I haven’t seen a better college football player.”

“When I first saw Zeke, it was his explosion from the line to the second level that was rare, and Saquon’s is probably a little better,” said another NFC personnel director. “There’s something different about this guy, he has rare things about him—his explosion, his balance, his vision, his ability to cut laterally. Someone hits him and he lands on his feet. And he’s tougher than s---. He steps up in pass protection.”

What we all saw on Saturday, in a game that Penn State seemed to be in the process of blowing at Iowa, was the virtual trailer to what Barkley could be at the next level. He ripped through the Hawkeyes defense for 211 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries, and caught 12 balls for 94 yards, and returned for three kicks for 53 yards. His fourth-quarter hurdle of Iowa corner Josh Jackson to convert a third-and-6 was a moment you’ll see replayed a ton in March and April. There wasn’t a moment when there was any doubt who the best player on the field was.

So there’s a better than good chance that there will an NFL offense built around the true junior at this time next year, the same way Elliott had an offense built around him as a rookie last year. That Barkley could be better than the league’s reigning rushing champion makes this one even more interesting. And how a retro-minded team might view him as a true centerpiece adds another layer.

“If you look you at it from our perspective, the ideal back today has to be able to do everything,” said an AFC college scouting director. “There’s not great value in the first- and second-down back anymore, or a guy who’s just a third-down scatback. You want a guy who does everything. And that’s Zeke, it’s Mixon, and it’s Saquon Barkley.”

The last time a running back went first overall was in 1995, and it was another Penn State Nittany Lion: Ki-Jana Carter. The quarterbacks will almost certainly prevent Barkley from breaking that drought. But after that? His wait won’t be long.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I'm going to say that 2 seasons ago he ate up Ohio State. They were ready for him but still, have you watched the tape? I can't tell you how many times you hear the announcer say that the defense had Barkley DEAD TO RIGHTS in the backfield and he still managed to get positive yards. The kid ran a kickoff on the opening possession and then put them in the lead with an amazing highlight run. He really didn't have that great of a game? He did some nice things this game and you guys act like it was the worst game ever. You can't look at stats. Watch the tape. Watch the tape. Please for the love of all that is still good in the world, watch the tape. Kids a Phenom. He ran UNDER a defender that had him DEAD TO RIGHTS for a loss... under. smh

It seems after Barkley ran back the first kickoff Ohio State pooched and squib kicked the rest of the game, leading to really good starting field positon for his team.  

I watched every minute of it. That's why I know for a fact Dobbins was the best RB on the field. 

Saquon- 21 carries for  44 yds = 2.1 a carry 

J.K.- 13 carries for 88 yds. = 6.8 a carry

Everyone can cool their jets on the Zeke/Fournette/Peterson comparisons. If you can point to a 2-4 game stretch of domination from SB that looked anything like Zeke had to close out his final season....

Nope. It's not there. I'm not saying Barkely isn't good, but the hype is ridiculous vs what his numbers show.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I think you've missed the mark. He had over 150 all purpose yards and two touchdowns before the end of the first quarter. 

And obviously you only see a part of what is said. Your boy did run a kickoff back, good for him. No NFL team is going to put a franchise player back to consistently return kicks, sorry just won't happen. You don't see Zeke, Gurley, Julio, even your other man crush Josh Gordon doing that. But A for effort.

Now again, he ran for a 36 yard touchdown, again, GREAT for him. He also ran 20 times after than for 8 yards.

You still think because he LOOKS amazing making someone miss that that makes him a can't miss prospect. NO NO NO. I'll give you a C+ effort on that one.

But the biggest point you seemed to gloss over, and BY FAR the most important. PENN STATE LOST. You know, didn't win. THE OBJECTIVE IS TO WIN, NOT MAKE SOMEONE MISS YOU. As flashy, fast, powerful as he is, according to you, HE AND HIS TEAM LOST. This after have a BIG lead. You know one of the best things about a running back is to get yards to keep the clock running to keep the other team off the field. HE COULDN'T DO THAT. That is where 20 for 8 yards comes into play. 

So in conclusion, Mr. PoeticG, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't know - I still think it's a great draft to get a rb in the second round...but:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/26/saquon-barkley-penn-state-2018-nfl-draft

Quickly

  • Better than Ezekiel Elliott? Evaluators around the NFL think so. The Penn State running back is emerging as a generational talent and is being viewed as a true franchise player as the league goes back to the future with power-running offenses
By Albert Breer
September 26, 2017

The Titans, built sturdy and tough up front, rushed for 195 yards on the vaunted Seahawks defense on Sunday. The Ravens spent the last two offseason getting younger and quicker on defense, and that group kept the Bengals and Browns out of the end zone in Weeks 1 and 2. Then in London, a Jaguars offense reworked this offseason with size in mind ran for 166 yards on them.

This is how the NFL works. Teams spent the last decade building around quarterbacks and receivers, and defenses are now stocked with 220-pound linebackers and 250-pound pass rushers. And now we’re getting the zig to that zag—personnel czars like Jacksonville’s Tom Coughlin and Tennessee’s Jon Robinson capitalized by building jackhammer offenses to run at those defenses, while creating better environments for their young QBs.

“That’s been going on since the 1970s,” said one NFC personnel exec. “It’s not a new trend, it’s the same cycle. New people rise in the football world, history repeats itself.”

Enter Saquon Barkley. In the four drafts between 2011 and ’14, only one running back, Alabama’s Trent Richardson, went in the top half of the first round. In the last three drafts, five tailbacks—Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey—have gone within the top 16 picks. And Barkley might be better than any of them.

Moreover, he’s coming along at the right time. Teams are considering retro looks offensively, which can prop up young quarterbacks, help the defense, and exploit opponents built to combat high-end passing attacks. So where the value of running backs may have recently declined, it seems now demand for a 230-pound, three-down, 21st-century style bellcow, a la Elliott or Joe Mixon, is on the rise.

“You can build an offense around him,” said one AFC exec of Barkley. “He’s so f---ing good. Zeke is solid in all areas. Fournette is a special athlete for the position. This kid? He’s way better than both of them . . . He’s a step above Zeke in all categories, and has much better hands and feet and vision than Fournette does. He’s special. I haven’t seen a better college football player.”

“When I first saw Zeke, it was his explosion from the line to the second level that was rare, and Saquon’s is probably a little better,” said another NFC personnel director. “There’s something different about this guy, he has rare things about him—his explosion, his balance, his vision, his ability to cut laterally. Someone hits him and he lands on his feet. And he’s tougher than s---. He steps up in pass protection.”

What we all saw on Saturday, in a game that Penn State seemed to be in the process of blowing at Iowa, was the virtual trailer to what Barkley could be at the next level. He ripped through the Hawkeyes defense for 211 yards and a touchdown on 28 carries, and caught 12 balls for 94 yards, and returned for three kicks for 53 yards. His fourth-quarter hurdle of Iowa corner Josh Jackson to convert a third-and-6 was a moment you’ll see replayed a ton in March and April. There wasn’t a moment when there was any doubt who the best player on the field was.

So there’s a better than good chance that there will an NFL offense built around the true junior at this time next year, the same way Elliott had an offense built around him as a rookie last year. That Barkley could be better than the league’s reigning rushing champion makes this one even more interesting. And how a retro-minded team might view him as a true centerpiece adds another layer.

“If you look you at it from our perspective, the ideal back today has to be able to do everything,” said an AFC college scouting director. “There’s not great value in the first- and second-down back anymore, or a guy who’s just a third-down scatback. You want a guy who does everything. And that’s Zeke, it’s Mixon, and it’s Saquon Barkley.”

The last time a running back went first overall was in 1995, and it was another Penn State Nittany Lion: Ki-Jana Carter. The quarterbacks will almost certainly prevent Barkley from breaking that drought. But after that? His wait won’t be long.

 

Well, the league's reigning rushing champion was a 3rd round pick, taken by John Dorsey. That would be Kareem Hunt. 

Yea, if the Browns can use a 3rd round pick on Barkley, I dont think anyone on here would have one peep to say about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Well, the league's reigning rushing champion was a 3rd round pick, taken by John Dorsey. That would be Kareem Hunt. 

Yea, if the Browns can use a 3rd round pick on Barkley, I dont think anyone on here would have one peep to say about it

   This is very true. That's the other half of the analysis? It's a very nice draft for running backs. They may not have the measurables,

but terrific running backs don't have to be the very best rb in a draft. Like Terrell Davis - a sixth round pick. "top rated" doesn't mean you have to pick that one at the top of the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

   This is very true. That's the other half of the analysis? It's a very nice draft for running backs. They may not have the measurables,

but terrific running backs don't have to be the very best rb in a draft. Like Terrell Davis - a sixth round pick. "top rated" doesn't mean you have to pick that one at the top of the draft.

If the Browns take the guy, I hope he is the best in the league. I can't say that I am close to as diehard as all of yall. I certainly enjoy high school football the most, then college. 

I dont think it's understood, nobody that I have seen dislikes Barkley. Some dont want the Browns to take him up high, I dont care if they do or dont, I wouldn't. What I have a problem with is the endless talk about him, and proclaiming his greatness without ANY proof. And taking it further as best ever stuff. 🤢😲😤😠

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all this discussion?

I just hope on draft day, I don't choke on my root beer and hunkie junk sandwich like I did when they drafted

gilbert and coleman, etc. It seems that finally - they will have a great draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

After all this discussion?

I just hope on draft day, I don't choke on my root beer and hunkie junk sandwich like I did when they drafted

gilbert and coleman, etc. It seems that finally - they will have a great draft.

Not bring from Cleveland, Ohio, or close maybe this is a dumb question, but what is a hunkie junk sandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

If the Browns take the guy, I hope he is the best in the league. I can't say that I am close to as diehard as all of yall. I certainly enjoy high school football the most, then college. 

I dont think it's understood, nobody that I have seen dislikes Barkley. Some dont want the Browns to take him up high, I dont care if they do or dont, I wouldn't. What I have a problem with is the endless talk about him, and proclaiming his greatness without ANY proof. And taking it further as best ever stuff. 🤢😲😤😠

Exactly.   I don't even have a problem taking him at 4...wouldn't be my choice because I think you can find a RB elsewhere that will be just as good.   But this team needs a QB and they have the pick of the group.  Hopefully the one they choose will be the right one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixing the QB situation doesn't require the #1 pick. 

I would take the best player. Regardless. If it were Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck type of year, I would have no problems taking the QB at 1. This year is the Year of the Runningback. 

THE GUY this year is a running back. It's funny that I have to tell you that Cleveland is a running team. You build the team around this guy. Whoever plays QB, Rosen, Mayfield, Kizer or Hogan are going to thank their lucky stars that they have Saquon to lean on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Exactly.   I don't even have a problem taking him at 4...wouldn't be my choice because I think you can find a RB elsewhere that will be just as good.   But this team needs a QB and they have the pick of the group.  Hopefully the one they choose will be the right one.

I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gunz41 said:

I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

What?! You're crazy a hell, Barkley can't play hockey... or can he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Fixing the QB situation doesn't require the #1 pick. 

I would take the best player. Regardless. If it were Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck type of year, I would have no problems taking the QB at 1. This year is the Year of the Runningback. 

THE GUY this year is a running back. It's funny that I have to tell you that Cleveland is a running team. You build the team around this guy. Whoever plays QB, Rosen, Mayfield, Kizer or Hogan are going to thank their lucky stars that they have Saquon to lean on. 

You just dont WANT to listen to anything anyone says. You will just go on telling us how hes the best player ever, he will revolutionize the position, and do it whilr drinking coffee and eating rice cakes.

When it comes to THIS subject you are just like Ghoolie. You see a subject, and pull out one little piece to try and make a point, and fail miserably. You aren't convincing anyone, in fact you are making people dislike him.

But man, did you see that run of negative yardage, he made someone miss. He did all these moves that made Shaun White look like an amateur.

Again Mr Po

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×