hoorta

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

I already put out the numbers I think he'll put up. Now you put up yours so that we can see what you see... or are you scared of what you might find? A generational talent? 

Now I see yours.

Oh my, yours is really, really impressive. So impressive. I could look at yours for the rest of the night. I'll probably dream of yours tonight. I should print yours out so I could wrap my hands around yours, it is that impressive. 

All bark and no bite I see. 

13 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

--------------------------------------------------

40 Yard Dash - 2.8 seconds

Bench Press - 88

Vertical Jump -  He'll jump over that mountain Uncle Rico threw that football over

Broad Jump - He will jump over at least 24 broads

3 Cone Drill -  The speed of sound

20 yard Shuttle Run - How fast could a cheetah do this? Even faster!

60 yard Shuttle Run - The speed of light

You just can't do it, can you? 

Dude, put the act aside for 5 minutes, do a little research and give me your hypothesis. We're waiting.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

40 Yard Dash - 2.8 seconds

Bench Press - 88

Vertical Jump -  He'll jump over that mountain Uncle Rico threw that football over

Broad Jump - He will jump over at least 24 broads

3 Cone Drill -  The speed of sound

20 yard Shuttle Run - How fast could a cheetah do this? Even faster!

60 yard Shuttle Run - The speed of light

About the only thing you get credit for is the 40 yard dash. <_<

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You just can't do it, can you? 

Dude, put the act aside for 5 minutes, do a little research and give me your hypothesis. We're waiting.

How dare you.

Apparently I like Barkley more than you do. I guess I can spot a once in a lifetime talent like Barks (that's what I call him) unlike you, since you predict such pedestrian results from him. He will not only change the NFL, but the game of football itself. He will be so good he'll also change the game of soccer too, since most of the world calls it football. 

55 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Anybody want to try these projections?

40 Yard Dash - 4.33

give me no better than 4.33..as a freshman he hand timed at 4.48..I've read more hand times of 4.38 & 4.33. if not blame the writers  

• Like 1

Just now, gumby73 said:

give me no better than 4.33..as a freshman he hand timed at 4.48..I've read more hand times of 4.38 & 4.33  

You don't think he could break into the late 4.2's? Imagine how brief an amount of time it is from 4.29 to 4.33... It's certainly possible. :)

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You don't think he could break into the late 4.2's? Imagine how brief an amount of time it is from 4.29 to 4.33... It's certainly possible. :)

He's going to break 3 seconds.

Book it, you fake Barkley fan. 

54 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Do you want to try and make a prediction on his numbers, or nah? 

No nobody caresNo nobody cares call us if and when the Browns draft him

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

stay away from the 4.2 Curse..(John Ross 4.22//Chris Johnson 4.24) ;)

What about Crowell?

He is a FA and if the Browns take Barkley is there a room on the team? Still have Duke with a whole different skill set. 3rd down change of pace RB.

Duke could move to the slot actually. You might need to give Barkley a breather here and there but nothing like Crowell and Johnson do now. 

You're not going to want to take Barkley out of the game. He's either getting the ball, creating a distraction to help his teammates get the ball or he's helping to protect the Quarterback.

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Duke could move to the slot actually. You might need to give Barkley a breather here and there but nothing like Crowell and Johnson do now. 

You're not going to want to take Barkley out of the game. He's either getting the ball, creating a distraction to help his teammates get the ball or he's helping to protect the Quarterback.

By the time Barkley turns 26 he will have run for 20,000 yards in the NFL, won a Nobel Peace Prize and cured cancer. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

By the time Barkley turns 26 he will have run for 20,000 yards in the NFL, won a Nobel Peace Prize and cured cancer. 

Still acting? 

Put on your big boy pants and come sit at the grown folk's table. One person's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. 

Here, maybe this will help you out, so you know what we're talking about. http://speedendurance.com/2008/06/25/fastest-times-for-the-40-yard-dash-and-the-3-cone-drill/

* Vertical Jump – designed to test leg strength and lower-body explosiveness.

* Broad Jump – designed to show sluggishness, heavy-leggedness and lack of explosiveness.

* 225-lb. Bench Press – designed to test the upper-body strength of a player.

* 40-Yard Dash – times show how explosive a player is off the line and how he maintains it.

* 20-Yard Dash – times show how explosive a player is off the line and how he maintains it.

* 10-Yard Dash – times show how explosive a player is off the line.

* 20-Yard Shuttle – designed to test explosiveness, how a player bends and changes direction, and body control.

* 60-Yard Shuttle – designed to test explosiveness, flexibility, and body control; and a subtle test of endurance.

* 3-Cone Drill – designed to test a player’s efficiency in changing direction moving left and right, explosiveness, balance, body control and mobility.

The most important skills to master are the 40-yard dash and the 3-Cone drill. The reason these two drills are so important is they help football coaches determine what positions you are best suited to play.

You should know that the speed players are completing these drills has been improving every year. This is because more and more high school and college players are working with professional sports trainers to help them maximize their performance.

Below I have listed the minimum times you need to have by position if you want to impress college football scouts. One thing to keep in mind for these tests is the size of the player. Smaller players should have an advantage over their bigger counterparts in regard to speed. If you are a big player, it says a lot about your athletic ability if you perform well in these drills.

40-Yard Dash:

QB: 4.7 seconds or faster
RB: 4.5 seconds or faster
WR: 4.4 seconds or faster
FB/TE: 4.7 seconds or faster
OL: 5.2 seconds or faster
DT: 5.1 seconds or faster
4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB: 4.8 seconds or faster
4-3 OLB: 4.7 seconds or faster
ILB: 4.7 seconds or faster
S: 4.5 seconds or faster
CB: 4.5 seconds or faster

3-Cone Drill:

QB: 7.1 seconds or faster
RB: 7.1 seconds or faster
WR: 7.0 seconds or faster
FB/TE: 7.2 seconds or faster
OL: 7.8 seconds or faster
DT: 7.7 seconds or faster
4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB: 7.2 seconds or faster
4-3 OLB: 7.1 seconds or faster
ILB: 7.2 seconds or faster
S: 7.1 seconds or faster
CB: 7.0 seconds or faster

In summary, to become a professional football player, you must master the skills colleges and NFL teams use to measure the quality of an athlete. If you want to make it to the NFL, you should work with a professional sports trainer to help you maximize your performance so you can achieve and exceed the drill speed times discussed above. Other athletes are doing this and for you to compete with them, you need to do it too.

Martin Chase is a retired NFL player who has played with the Giants, the Saints, the Redskins, the Ravens, and the Jaguars. Martin now owns and manages a popular sports memorabilia website – www.mcsportsfan.com.

10 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Put on your big boy pants 

Were you imagining my big boy pants off?

You dirty, dirty boy! 

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

What about Crowell?

Crow packed his locker, while Hue ran the cops (up the middle of course) to Crows home evacuation..  

58 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Were you imagining my big boy pants off?

You dirty, dirty boy! 

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/02/12/cleveland-browns-top-5-running-back-targets-2018-nfl-draft/

Po's not aware of the term "Workout Warrior". Barkley's Combine numbers will only be part of the equation.   

I know the term, but that's not Sasa. 

What you have with Barkley is when talent and preparation meet opportunity.

This kid knows that he has God given talent and he's put that to work, becoming the strongest-fastest version of himself.

A truly amazing kid both on and off the field. A relentless worker, a leader and a tremendous role model.

You can find other runningbacks later in the draft, but you aren't going to find another Saquon. 

What we need is for him to bring his talents to NorthBeach. 

...If we draft him, they will come... 

:ph34r:

32 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

This kid knows that he has God given talent and he's put that to work, becoming the strongest-fastest version of himself.

A truly amazing kid both on and off the field. A relentless worker, a leader and a tremendous role model.

You can find other runningbacks later in the draft, but you aren't going to find another Saquon. 

cocaine.jpg

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Now Po, we have talked about this. You are talking someone up too much again. There is s difference in hand timed vs electronic. And unless you are Saquon or someone incredibly close to him, you can't truly say he is truly amazing off the field.

That's what everyone said and thought about a Mr. Tiger Woods a while back.

Curb your excitement and praise for AFTER the kid has proven something. 

In the past 15 years (probably more) there has only been one first round RB on a super bowl winning team. That RB is Marshawn Lynch, and he wasn’t drafted by the team he won a Super Bowl with. 

Transversely, in that time, there have been multiple teams that won a Super Bowl by starting undrafted RBs. Some teams even had a RBBC with multiple undrafted RBs. The saints did it with Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell.  The Steelers won two with undrafted Willie Parker, the Colts won with undrafted Dominic Rhodes, the Eagles won with a pair of undrafted guys; Blount and Clement, and a fifth rounder that they didn’t draft. The giants won two superbowls, once with a 4th rounder (Jacobs) and once with a 7th rounder (Bradshaw).

there are kids in college who have spent their entire lives living in a world where championship winning teams used throw away picks or no picks at all to secure their RB.  Using the best pick in the draft on a position that is far and away the easiest to fill is the kind of move that truck drivers and cashiers make. Football professionals don’t do that, and the ones who spend premium picks on the position are almost always shown up by mid round selections. For every Zeke there’s a David Johnson, for every Fournette there’s a Kamara, for every McCaffery there’s a Kareem Hunt...

The best RB in a decade isn’t worth 1/4 of what the best QB in a 2 year span is.  You can spend the day at Cedar Point and walk past at least 30 guys who could RB for a Super Bowl winning team, how many times have you walked past Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? 

• Upvote 1