THE BROWNS BOARD

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

hoorta

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I feel you but I have hope we take Barkley #1. I have hope because Dorsey was pretty adamant that the last FO didn't get real players. Barkley IS the definition of a REAL PLAYER. My hope is that Dorsey is at least as smart as me and can see the forest for the trees. You take that guy six days a week and 30-40 times on Sunday.

25-30 carries and 10 receptions.  

Dorsey also has a history of not drafting running backs high. Really Po, it's gotten to the point- you can post all the videos you want to, and no one is going to bother looking at them anymore. You're wasting your time, the horse was beaten to death in the previous thread. . 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Dorsey also has a history of not drafting running backs high. Really Po, it's gotten to the point- you can post all the videos you want to, and no one is going to bother looking at them anymore. You're wasting your time, the horse was beaten to death in the previous thread. . 

I stopped reading a long time ago.   I'lll scan through just to see the responses to his nonsense because those can be funny but otherwise this is all just a waste of time.

21 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Film Room Session. Come, learn with me :) 

I learned he has another fan boy. Anything in that video (I wasted 10 minutes looking at it) has already been rehashed around 10 times. 

Seems like I do at least know as much as Mel Kiper. He's got Barkley going to the Giants #2... 

47 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

Oh god I hope the BROWNS brass don't put any stock into that drivel.

Here's the first video Nike's released.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

I was never a Kiper fan anyways. 

He's a Ravens homo. I liked Kiper.. till the day Kiper told the world that Cam Erving could play every OL Position..Than we were dumb enough to try it..  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

And has Allen #1 in his second mock too... :(  (unless you're Cal) Comparing him to Matt Stafford? Don't think so Mel. I knew Mayfield would start moving up the boards fast.   

13 pages in this thread and nobody has brought up that I charted RB 1's in a Hue offense (going back to Oakland) average on 14cpg.  

My personal belief on Barkley aside - whomever would advocate for him being a top 5 pick...  can you justify the Browns taking him knowing how criminally underused running backs are under our current HC?

What amount of touches did Crowell get? Then add in Dukes touches, and their combined catches and you'll get the answer. 

I'll check it out. 

Just now, PoeticG said:

What amount of touches did Crowell get? Then add in Dukes touches, and their combined catches and you'll get the answer. 

I'll check it out. 

Crowell - 191 attempts. Duke - 81 attempts. 

Let's round it up some to imagine an offense actually moving the chains consistently. Let's say 333 carries. 

Receiving

Crowell - 28 catches. Duke - 74 catches. So add in another 120 catches. 

333 carries and 120 catches. Roughly 453 touches. Is that the answer you were looking for? 

We can break that down per game 453 divided by 16 games(not counting the post season) to around 28 touches per game... although It think it could amount to more, I guess it would depend on what the defenses decide to do. 

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

13 pages in this thread and nobody has brought up that I charted RB 1's in a Hue offense (going back to Oakland) average on 14cpg.  

My personal belief on Barkley aside - whomever would advocate for him being a top 5 pick...  can you justify the Browns taking him knowing how criminally underused running backs are under our current HC?

The same thought process should be used regarding Josh Allen... How can anyone justify this organization taking a QB who even supporters admit needs to sit for a season or two, when rushing QBs onto the field has been what this team (sans Brady Quinn) has done time after time?

13 hours ago, Mark O said:

I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

I used to like Mel Kiper Jr  way back because he was the first one to really get into the draft business when ESPN was the only show in town. Now it's a big primetime event.

By JIMMY TRAINA  (from SI)
February 14, 2018

And then there were three.

In addition to already airing on ESPN and the NFL Network, a new report says the 2018 NFL Draft will also be broadcast on over-the-air TV, with Fox televising the yearly event.

Fox, which recently signed a five-year deal with the NFL to air Thursday Night Football, will reportedly carry the NFL Network feed of the Draft. 

Rich Eisen hosts the Draft for the NFL Network. 

The 2018 NFL Draft takes place in Dallas on April 26-28.

If you don't believe the NFL and the networks aren't driven by ratings read this, from NBC PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/14/draft-will-be-televised-by-fox/

......Last year, a separate source told PFT that the league already had the ability to place the draft on a broadcast network, hinting that it would be the next logical step in making the draft a bigger and better event. The league drew rave reviews for choosing Philadelphia as the destination, with more than 70,000 fans showing up for the first night.

This year, the draft will be held in Dallas, and the crowd surely will be even larger. The TV audience definitely will be; events carried on channels available through the public airwaves always do better than events televised on cable.

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Crowell - 191 attempts. Duke - 81 attempts. 

Let's round it up some to imagine an offense actually moving the chains consistently. Let's say 333 carries. 

Receiving

Crowell - 28 catches. Duke - 74 catches. So add in another 120 catches. 

333 carries and 120 catches. Roughly 453 touches. Is that the answer you were looking for? 

We can break that down per game 453 divided by 16 games(not counting the post season) to around 28 touches per game... although It think it could amount to more, I guess it would depend on what the defenses decide to do. 

But even you yourself was advocating another back to keep your boy fresh, and moving Johnson to slot. So your carries would go down with your other back you advocated for, and Duke would still get his catches in YOUR scenario.

Do you think people on here dont remember things that you say?

It's just like you saying how great it would be to get QB at 1 and Barkley at 4, but your taking Barkley 1 no matter what, so IN YOUR VIEW, you can't get QB at 1.

We all know you want Barkley, you crave that. But you somehow think that EVERYTHING should and will work out the way you want.

Like saying you think there are all these great QBs in the draft, of course not at 1, but you would be perfectly fine with the 3rd ranked one. So you are fine with a "Paxton Lynch" just to get Sa Sa.

Here's what usually happens. Combine/Pro Day some QB starts to fall. Then there is one that falls because of character issues or injury concerns.

So what YOU are left with at 4 IF QB go 2 and 3, is Josh Rosen with character AND injury issues, Josh Allen who it seems like A LOT of people are down on, or Lamar Jackson who a lot of people think should move to WR.

But hey, the Browns will have Saquon. 

Here is the Browns needed moves for the off-season.

Trade to Washington for Colt McCoy. Resign Trent Richardson. Then give Barkley 30 carries and 10 catches, Richardson 20 carries, and throw the ball to Josh Gordon 30 times a game, 15 for McCoy and 15 for Hogan.

TBE. GOAT. PERFECT SEASON. 10 YEAR UNDEFEATED STREAK. OVER 10 YEARS, EACH WILL WIN 2 MVPS, AND BARKLEY WILL WIN 5 NOBEL PRIZES. 

Holy smokes, even with R2 of this topic:

323 replies 3,012 views

Geeezzzus. Looks like there's going to be some disappointed people on April 26. 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Holy smokes, even with R2 of this topic:

323 replies 3,012 views

Geeezzzus. Looks like there's going to be some disappointed people on April 26. 

I'll make it round three the day before the Combine, this is more just beating a dead horse.  I'm open to suggestions for the new thread title.  I had hoped Po would take the hint- keep it new. I won't go back and count, I'm sure it's in the dozens, but all he's into is posting more videos of how wonderful Saquon is. Regardless there's several valid reasons for the Browns to not take a running back #1. Add in there's plenty of stuff in his game tape and game logs suggesting he's not the Superman Po makes him out to be. 

I'll borrow something out of Gunz's post:  "Then there is one that falls because of character issues or injury concerns." What if his dreamboat pulls a hammy running his 40 at the Combine? Can't happen? 

April 26th can't get here fast enough. 

Today was a good day. I can't get into it right now but hopefully soon I'll be making moves like Barkley! ;) 

This is a link to a really great story and a good video. Saquon Barkley now has his own day? 

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/psu/mc-spt-saquon-barkley-coplay-parade-20180221-story.html

"Saquon Barkley was celebrated nearly every Saturday during the season by Penn State fans.

Now, he'll be celebrated by the entire state on March 14, as it has been officially declared "Saquon Barkley Day" in Pennsylvania."

Also, be sure to watch the video midway down the page. What an amazing young man.

Barkley, Barkley, he's the man! If Saquon can't save Cleveland, no one can. 

Been hearing A LOT of chatter today about the Browns taking SB #1. Keep believing guys!~ Keep the faith! Good things are coming! 

48 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Today was a good day. I can't get into it right now but hopefully soon I'll be making moves like Barkley! ;) 

This is a link to a really great story and a good video. Saquon Barkley now has his own day? 

http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/psu/mc-spt-saquon-barkley-coplay-parade-20180221-story.html

"Saquon Barkley was celebrated nearly every Saturday during the season by Penn State fans.

Now, he'll be celebrated by the entire state on March 14, as it has been officially declared "Saquon Barkley Day" in Pennsylvania."

Also, be sure to watch the video midway down the page. What an amazing young man.

Barkley, Barkley, he's the man! If Saquon can't save Cleveland, no one can. 

Been hearing A LOT of chatter today about the Browns taking SB #1. Keep believing guys!~ Keep the faith! Good things are coming! 

Maybe he should skip football and run for congress in a year or two. You have to be 35 to get elected President.  

I'm finally able to run for president in 2020! Let's do this!

Archived