THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh McDaniels Turns Down Colts

darren15

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Bullschidt. He is the OC of one of the most successful football teams of all time.SB rings talk..............no team is going to give a rat's asss about what he did to Baltimore.He will land any HC job that opens up. YHou peopleare fukcking idiots with all your formality, standards, protocol,process, analytical bullschidt. Sports is about one thing............... WINNING. That's all there is to it. All this other horse schidt only means something to idiots.

You mean all that winning he did in Denver and St. Louis without Brady? Its more than just screwing the Colts, its the people he got to uproot their familys to come to Indy he hung out to dry. He's a douche.

5 hours ago, runyon27 said:

You mean all that winning he did in Denver and St. Louis without Brady? Its more than just screwing the Colts, its the people he got to uproot their familys to come to Indy he hung out to dry. He's a douche.

I am not disagreeing with that. But e is not going to have a ahrd time finding a HC job should he seek one.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ghoolie might approve of this message, after I gave him his history lesson.... :)   

The only lesson you ever gave me is that I have to let you wipe the snots off your face after I slap them out of you on this board.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

:lol::lol::lol: Too, too, TOO funny. Talking out of both sides of your mouth AGAIN. Let me refresh your memory about what you've said a hundred or so times about Belichick's assistants. They're Bill's coffee fetchers. Forget what you said about Crennel? I haven't. In case you're having a mental block- McDaniels flopped as the Head Coach of the Broncos (11-17 record) And brilliantly decided to draft Tim Tebow in the first round on top of it.   :lol::lol::lol: Had to run back to New England to hide under Bill's apron. Yeah, some other team might give Backstabber McDaniels another shot as a HC, that's if he doesn't flop as Bill's eventual replacement. Let's see how great he can coach after Brady retires. 

Here's the track record of Patriots assistants under Bill that went on to be head coaches- and it ain't pretty:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22345092/how-bill-belichick-assistants-fared-nfl-head-coaches-history-tell-us-josh-mcdaniels-matt-patricia-mike-vrabel 

So let me give you a lesson from my book of knowledge. Just because a guy is a great OC or DC coordinator doesn't mean he's going to be a great head coach. D-ick LeBeau will go down in history as probably the greatest defensive coordinator of all time, and he was a lousy head coach. 

I just opened your book of knowledge............it's all blank pages and there seems to be a jism stain on the inside cover.

Dude, GTFOH with your history lesson. It doesn't fukcking matter what he did before the Patriots. YOu aren't teaching me jack schidt, but instead forgetting the lessons I have taught EVERYONE on this board. If you care to remember, I was the only one who predicted Romeo would be schidt.................. He was the first guy that I coinced the phrase COFFEE FETCHER about, Him and Phil Sewage.  You know damned well that I was the lone voice all along saying that when you have a DC or an OC who comes from a guy like Belichik, that guy is going to be totally useless as a HC, because OCs and DCs for coaches like that are nothing but order takers.

Now, I NEVER said Josh was going to be a great HC................. in fact, I guarantee he will be a schidt HC. WHY? Because in NE, all he is, is a coffee fetcher. He does that Bill B tells him to do. 

What I DID say, was the the guy will have absolutely no problem getting an HC job. WHY? For the same reason you idiots thought Crennel was going to be good. Because most people actually think a coordinator has some autonomy.

Offensive Coordinators = Coffee Fetchers

Defensive Coordinators = Coffee Fetchers

Whether a coordinator becomes a good head coach has absolutely nothing to do with his W/L record as a coffee fetcher. It has to do with his own personal qualities and beliefs. It has to do with schidt that cannot be measured by analytics. It has to do with things, most of you jackoffs can't comprehend.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Whether a coordinator becomes a good head coach has absolutely nothing to do with his W/L record as a coffee fetcher. It has to do with his own personal qualities and beliefs. It has to do with schidt that cannot be measured by analytics. It has to do with things, most of you jackoffs can't comprehend.

Ooooooooo, things! Why didn't I think of that. It's so deep and revealing.:lol:

Huey, have a cup of things please. We need to get you better before Sept. God knows you haven't show us anything so far.;)

15 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I dont see him as a good HC. Patricia either.

Patricia doesnt come across as someone you can take seriously with his dumpy physique and gnarly beard...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

Patricia doesnt come across as someone you can take seriously with his dumpy physique and gnarly beard...

That is what some said about Hitler.  (only with his silly little mustache)

Besides...didn't you notice:  Patricia trimmed his beard pretty short.

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That is what some said about Hitler.  (only with his silly little mustache)

Besides...didn't you notice:  Patricia trimmed his beard pretty short.

i never saw the press conference , so I'll take your word for it...

23 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No contract or legal agreement.

Go ask your buddy Zomboni about contracts. He sells houses. Or Atty, he can tell you about legal protocol. There would be little need for attorneys if transactions were completed by word of mouth and a couple of bud lights.

Absolutely 100% correct. No contract = loose talk. WhenMcDaniels wants a HC job, nobody will be offput by this meaningless bullschidt narrative. People change their minds about jobs all the time. This is only a story because there is nothing else to talk about.

23 hours ago, boo fagley said:

.Go ask your buddy Zomboni about contracts.

Also ask him about homosexuality. He is very well versed in that as well.

58 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Absolutely 100% correct. No contract = loose talk. WhenMcDaniels wants a HC job, nobody will be offput by this meaningless bullschidt narrative. People change their minds about jobs all the time. This is only a story because there is nothing else to talk about.

I basically agree with this. 

Nevertheless....SOME teams could  XXX him off their list if they are doing an HC search.  But I would not.   Of course, the one team that it won't effect is the Pats....and that is the team his is most likely to coach.  I think there has been a promise made by Kraft that in a year or two...he will be the guy.

So...honestly, any discussion about another team looking at him is superfluous. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Nevertheless....SOME teams could  XXX him off their list if they are doing an HC search.  But I would not.   Of course, the one team that it won't effect is the Pats....and that is the team his is most likely to coach.  I think there has been a promise made by Kraft that in a year or two...he will be the guy.

A discussion about him taking over the Pats is also Superfluous. Nobody knows why he retracted. There are countless aspects to a man's choices in life. His decision could just as logically be based infamily, lifestyle, or even something none of us would expect.... a fetish, a mistress, a disease, an investment,or other plans with another team. The only thing one can say for certain is that he decided not to take the job in Indianapolis.

It doesn't look great from a general PR standpoint. But I agree... in a couple months.. no one will give a $hit.. And people will move on with they're daily lives.. But as you said in your last post about (Superfluous). It could be a bevy of things to keep a person where they're at. It's like getting an offer to play in a band  but, you turn that gig down because you know in your heart.. You don't have the heart for this particular style as an analogy ...

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You would not X him off the list because you would be smart enough to have legal documentation.

How hard is it to have a signed contract by all parties when youre doing a multi million dollar deal of this magnitude? The people that packed up and moved to Indianapolis without bothering to ask if McDaniels was under contract cant be rocket scientists either. The league is laughing at the Colts because they do business like a clown shoes franchise.

Correctamundo

Youve made plenty of deals in music and water purification and likely a hell of a lot more. You have nothing but drunk talk and 5hit without a contract. Deals fall apart everyday for one reason or another.

This wont hurt McDaniels at all if he wins games in the NFL. Other franchises are not going to say to themselves "Well, maybe we shouldnt hire him because he fvcked the Colts that one time" Nobody feels sorry for stupidity in the NFL. Dog eat dog business.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

He trimmed his beard and he is very smart, but lots of smart coordinators dont make it as head coaches.

I took time to watch the Press Conference.. He was quite impressive...

16 hours ago, boo fagley said:

You would not X him off the list because you would be smart enough to have legal documentation.

How hard is it to have a signed contract by all parties when youre doing a multi million dollar deal of this magnitude? The people that packed up and moved to Indianapolis without bothering to ask if McDaniels was under contract cant be rocket scientists either. The league is laughing at the Colts because they do business like a clown shoes franchise.

The legal documentation would not be an issue so much..  EVEN if he had signed a contract....he could get out of it.   Ever hear of the 14th Amendment?  It prohibits slavery.  So even if he signed....he could not be physically forced to coach for the Colts.   The Colts could hold him for damages....and they could prohibit him from coaching elsewhere during the tenure of that contract.....but they cannot force him to coach.  

And we also have these things called "Releases".....so, if he had signed......and then changed his mind.....upon some due consideration either from him or from the Patriots...if He wanted to go back there as OC...the Pat's being a third party to the transaction.....an arrangement could have/would have been reached to let him out of the deal.

Now...IF the Colts really wanted to be Pricktards....they could just say to McD:    you are under contract to coach with us.....either you coach with us or you coach nowhere.  Despite the team being owned by the somewhat despicable Irsay.....even he would probably not go that route....because it would cause him a world of hurt likely with other people down the road.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The legal documentation would not be an issue so much..  EVEN if he had signed a contract....he could get out of it.   Ever hear of the 14th Amendment?  It prohibits slavery.  So even if he signed....he could not be physically forced to coach for the Colts.   The Colts could hold him for damages....and they could prohibit him from coaching elsewhere during the tenure of that contract.....but they cannot force him to coach.  

And we also have these things called "Releases".....so, if he had signed......and then changed his mind.....upon some due consideration either from him or from the Patriots...if He wanted to go back there as OC...the Pat's being a third party to the transaction.....an arrangement could have/would have been reached to let him out of the deal.

Now...IF the Colts really wanted to be Pricktards....they could just say to McD:    you are under contract to coach with us.....either you coach with us or you coach nowhere.  Despite the team being owned by the somewhat despicable Irsay.....even he would probably not go that route....because it would cause him a world of hurt likely with other people down the road.

Was there a contract? If so the Colts have legal ground for damages. Reason being is that the Colts could have pursued Gruden or others instead of McDaniels.

I know contracts that are not the end all because the law is ambiguous. The Colts attorneys can point to a preexisting case where the verdict rewarded the  injured party (Colts) and McDaniels attorneys can bring a preexisting case where the verdict was for another party in McDaniels situation.

There is not only black and white. Lots of gray decided on who has the better attorney and what kind of judge is hearing the case. I lost a case over 2 words - "shall" and "may" where I was in the right. But, thats only according to this judge on that day. I paid a fairly well renown law firm to write the contract, but I had an idiot for an attorney too. Maybe they were all idiots. 

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Was there a contract? If so the Colts have legal ground for damages. Reason being is that the Colts could have pursued Gruden or others instead of McDaniels.

I know contracts that are not the end all because the law is ambiguous. The Colts attorneys can point to a preexisting case where the verdict rewarded the  injured party (Colts) and McDaniels attorneys can bring a preexisting case where the verdict was for another party in McDaniels situation.

There is not only black and white. Lots of gray decided on who has the better attorney and what kind of judge is hearing the case. I lost a case over 2 words - "shall" and "may" where I was in the right. But, thats only according to this judge on that day. I paid a fairly well renown law firm to write the contract, but I had an idiot for an attorney too. Maybe they were all idiots. 

Based on all evidence it was the client who was the idiotBased on all evidence it was the client who was the idiot

Archived