THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh McDaniels Turns Down Colts

darren15

43 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Im not avoiding anything.

You claimed that Parcells never did anything wrong. BS He would tell that he would F you if he ever got the chance. The Colts F over Kraft and now he F them back. What kind of brainless scarecrow franchise would believe that NE would gladly help them out. Only Idiots think that nothing is wrong with this picture. Thanks NE old pal. You F me and I will F you back. 

I dont know the facts about who told who to move where and neither do you. If the Browns screwed Pittsburgh you would be singing another tune so spare me the holier than thou act.

Again you are still whooping that strawman’s as-s. Please show me where I said Parcells “never did anything wrong”. 

If McDaniels hadn’t picked them, the Colts would not have known who to pick up. I doubt they showed up without personally being contacted by McDaniels. No one gets cold called from an NFL franchise haha.

You also would never see me applauding some poor saps getting Shmucked over, no matter who is at the wheel of it. I could give a hot Sheet about the Colts. McDaniels is garbage for putting it in a bunch of people who had zero to do with the beef between NE and Indy.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Come on man. I don't care what job it is, to say you're going to take a position, have people hired to work with you, have large-scale resources used, just to say no is a total douche canoe move. The NFL may be a "cutthroat" business and literally he may not have had to go. But it also makes him a scumbag, to the point where his agent dropped HIM as a client and several sources claiming it makes him "unhireable" for any job outside of NE.

So in conclusion, I'll leave with a quote I hope you listen to.

Again, you dont know the facts of who hired who from where. We were not there and dont know the full story. 

McDaniels agent also represents the Colts GM Ballard and other Indy people. McDaniels will be sought after if he wins a Super Bowl on his own. But his next team wont be so dumb as to seal the deal without having it in writing. Only then is the deal over and done.

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Again you are still whooping that strawman’s as-s. Please show me where I said Parcells “never did anything wrong”. 

You also would never see me applauding some poor saps getting Shmucked over, no matter who is at the wheel of it. I could give a hot Sheet about the Colts. McDaniels is garbage for putting it in a bunch of people who had zero to do with the beef between NE and Indy.

Thats the Colts version.

You would be sad to screw over the Steelers? Thanks for the laugh.

20 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Thats the Colts version.

Haha so you think all of those staff members just got a call and said "hey Josh McDaniels wants to hire you, would you like to join up?" No contact with Josh McDaniels with the guys he wanted at all? The Colts just read McDaniels mind and a bunch of people showed up without any contact with their future HC? 

If you aren't aware, I have said numerous times it isn't about the teams. It is about dicking over a bunch of people who have nothing to do with the beef between the two franchises. You may have lost it around the time you thought I repeatedly said that Parcells is a swell guy.

22 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Again, you dont know the facts of who hired who from where. We were not there and dont know the full story. 

McDaniels agent also represents the Colts GM Ballard and other Indy people. McDaniels will be sought after if he wins a Super Bowl on his own. But his next team wont be so dumb as to seal the deal without having it in writing. Only then is the deal over and done.

Dude, they named him the Shmucking head coach. I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that if he didn't give his word he was going to be their HC. I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't have hired assistants for the guy if he didn't say he was coming.

Your word may not be important to you, and that's fine. It also just makes you, like McDaniels, a scum bag. It's not about if he gets a job somewhere else, it's the simple fact he's a piece of Sheet.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Haha so you think all of those staff members just got a call and said "hey Josh McDaniels wants to hire you, would you like to join up?" No contact with Josh McDaniels with the guys he wanted at all? The Colts just read McDaniels mind and a bunch of people showed up without any contact with their future HC? 

If you aren't aware, I have said numerous times it isn't about the teams. It is about dicking over a bunch of people who have nothing to do with the beef between the two franchises. You may have lost it around the time you thought I repeatedly said that Parcells is a swell guy.

To review

You stated that Parcells never did anything this bad (according to you) to hurt his chances of getting hired again. You are WRONG!

Parcells was negotiating the with Jets super bowl week PRIOR to the game. He could not even wait until after the game to think about himself. The whole week pre game was all about him. Here is a guy being paid millions to do his job and he is screwing over his current boss.

Parcells had his favorite Boston media moles spreading his narrative of events through the whole fiasco creating a whole drama show.

The Players, coaches, staff and their families were uncertain about their circumstances if Parcells left. Who would Kraft hire? Would they still have jobs? Sell the house? I dont see you crying about them. Just like Modell moving the team put a black cloud over the franchise. Parcells rained on the picnic and did not give 5hit.

Then there is always the rumor that Parcells really did not want to win that super bowl and have to hand the trophy over to Bob Kraft who he was feuding with. Why did Parcells kick off to Desmond Howard who ran it back for a TD?

None of this hurt Parcells in the least for other jobs even though he shafted his previous employer. The Browns just hired a guy with a drinking problem. Dorsey has a reputation of screwing up the salary cap and he was hired. BS to you theory

12 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

To review

You stated that Parcells never did anything this bad (according to you) to hurt his chances of getting hired again. You are WRONG!

Parcells was negotiating the with Jets super bowl week PRIOR to the game. He could not even wait until after the game to think about himself. The whole week pre game was all about him. Here is a guy being paid millions to do his job and he is screwing over his current boss.

Parcells had his favorite Boston media moles spreading his narrative of events through the whole fiasco creating a whole drama show.

The Players, coaches, staff and their families were uncertain about their circumstances if Parcells left. Who would Kraft hire? Would they still have jobs? Sell the house? I dont see you crying about them. Just like Modell moving the team put a black cloud over the franchise. Parcells rained on the picnic and did not give 5hit.

Then there is always the rumor that Parcells really did not want to win that super bowl and have to hand the trophy over to Bob Kraft who he was feuding with. Why did Parcells kick off to Desmond Howard who ran it back for a TD?

None of this hurt Parcells in the least for other jobs even though he shafted his previous employer. The Browns just hired a guy with a drinking problem. Dorsey has a reputation of screwing up the salary cap and he was hired. BS to you theory

You did a number on that argument I never made.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

Dude, they named him the Shmucking head coach. I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have done that if he didn't give his word he was going to be their HC. I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't have hired assistants for the guy if he didn't say he was coming.

Your word may not be important to you, and that's fine. It also just makes you, like McDaniels, a scum bag. It's not about if he gets a job somewhere else, it's the simple fact he's a piece of Sheet.

They named him head coach with no deal in place. Not even a letter of intent.

You would be cheering if the Patriots got screwed, so spare me the lesson on morality. No deal is official until contracts are signed and money changes hands.

The bottom line is that everyone is sick of the Patriots winning. McDaniels staying more or less means nothing has really changed in NE because Patricia was the signal caller for Belichick. So, instead of vowing to get better through hard work and intelligence, about 20 teams are whining because they are never invited to the party. Thats the way it is today though, people crying the bar is too high and want it lowered so everybody goes home feeling good.

16 minutes ago, boo fagley said:
2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

At no point did Parcells pull some Sheet like this. 

Youre right.

Parcells did worse.

Parcells built a staff, convinced people to move to a new city, and then Shmucked all of them by reneging last second? 

People are pissed at McDaniels because what he did was beyond the pale. 

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

They named him head coach with no deal in place. Not even a letter of intent.

You would be cheering if the Patriots got screwed, so spare me the lesson on morality. No deal is official until contracts are signed and money changes hands.

The bottom line is that everyone is sick of the Patriots winning. McDaniels staying more or less means nothing has really changed in NE because Patricia was the signal caller for Belichick. So, instead of vowing to get better through hard work and intelligence, about 20 teams are whining because they are never invited to the party. Thats the way it is today though, people crying the bar is too high and want it lowered so everybody goes home feeling good.

I'm so glad you know my life to know I'd be cheering! Also, what in God's name are you talking about? Matt Patricia, the defensive coordinator, was the signal caller for the offense? Seems legit.

All I can say is you clearly didn't watch the video clip, so I'll just write it. You're not wrong, you're just an a-hole and so is McDaniels. 

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

I'm so glad you know my life to know I'd be cheering! Also, what in God's name are you talking about? Matt Patricia, the defensive coordinator, was the signal caller for the offense? Seems legit.

All I can say is you clearly didn't watch the video clip, so I'll just write it. You're not wrong, you're just an a-hole and so is McDaniels. 

Since you cannot read or connect the dots, I will spell it out for you.

Patricia was the signal caller for Belichick who is the defensive guru. McDaniels did not leave hence nothing has really changed. There is no other way to explain it. Get it? No? Too bad.

Youre right, I am axxhole so GFY.

6 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So again, Josh isn't a scumbag? 

No contract or legal agreement.

Go ask your buddy Zomboni about contracts. He sells houses. Or Atty, he can tell you about legal protocol. There would be little need for attorneys if transactions were completed by word of mouth and a couple of bud lights.

23 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Go ask your buddy Zomboni about contracts. He sells houses. Or Atty, he can tell you about legal protocol. There would be little need for attorneys if transactions were completed by word of mouth and a couple of bud lights.

So Josh isn't a scumbag?

He convinced a bunch of guys to move to Indy. Has zero to do with the agreement with the Colts. Everything to do with fu-cking over people who trusted him. 

5 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Thats the Colts version.

I'll put it from a Browns fan perspective (on a lesser scale). Browns have a verbal commitment from Todd Haley to be our OC. Haley says, OK, here's who I want for my QB coach, WR, coach, etc, and the Browns hire them. Haley backs out and says sorry, I've changed my mind. Every Browns fan would be livid. Count on it. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bottom line:   Let these two arsebag teams cannibalize each other. 

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their carcasses

"A pox on both their houses".   

22 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

There's a difference between what's "legal" and "ethical". If he wasn't certain he wanted the job- he shouldn't have told the Colts to start hiring his assistants. Karma has a way of catching up with you. Maybe this is payback for Irsay's dad pulling the Colts out of Baltimore in the dead of night. Modell eventually got his being forced to sell out to Biscotti. Don't be surprised if the Patriots aren't next. Bill & Brady retire, we'll see how long that Patriot dynasty survives. 

On 2/6/2018 at 7:47 PM, runyon27 said:

He better hope he gets the Pats job when Bill steps down, he has pretty much torched any chance of becoming an NFL HC any place else.

Bullschidt. He is the OC of one of the most successful football teams of all time.SB rings talk..............no team is going to give a rat's asss about what he did to Baltimore.He will land any HC job that opens up. YHou peopleare fukcking idiots with all your formality, standards, protocol,process, analytical bullschidt. Sports is about one thing............... WINNING. That's all there is to it. All this other horse schidt only means something to idiots.

57 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Since you cannot read or connect the dots, I will spell it out for you.

Patricia was the signal caller for Belichick who is the defensive guru. McDaniels did not leave hence nothing has really changed. There is no other way to explain it. Get it? No? Too bad.

Youre right, I am axxhole so GFY.

Of course, because everyone calls a DC a "signal caller" not the linebacker with the headset. All of those "professionals" who say it my way are just total wack jobs right?

Keep living the dream amigo. I can only imagine how awesome you must be beyond that keyboard.

21 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Bullschidt. He is the OC of one of the most successful football teams of all time.SB rings talk..............no team is going to give a rat's asss about what he did to Baltimore.He will land any HC job that opens up. YHou peopleare fukcking idiots with all your formality, standards, protocol,process, analytical bullschidt. Sports is about one thing............... WINNING. That's all there is to it. All this other horse schidt only means something to idiots.

Vick killed dogs and went to prison. He got a new QB job. Half these 2018 draft players are some legal $hit and they go on teams because they might make you win. Jameis Winston stole crab legs and he went in the 1st round. Haley was falling down drunk fighting in a bar. The Browns didnt give a rats axx about that. Josh Gordon is a bong full of weed away from being banned for life and a day. Oh boy, look what he did.

You win they want you. Cased closed.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

:lol::lol::lol: Too, too, TOO funny. Talking out of both sides of your mouth AGAIN. Let me refresh your memory about what you've said a hundred or so times about Belichick's assistants. They're Bill's coffee fetchers. Forget what you said about Crennel? I haven't. In case you're having a mental block- McDaniels flopped as the Head Coach of the Broncos (11-17 record) And brilliantly decided to draft Tim Tebow in the first round on top of it.   :lol::lol::lol: Had to run back to New England to hide under Bill's apron. Yeah, some other team might give Backstabber McDaniels another shot as a HC, that's if he doesn't flop as Bill's eventual replacement. Let's see how great he can coach after Brady retires. 

Here's the track record of Patriots assistants under Bill that went on to be head coaches- and it ain't pretty:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22345092/how-bill-belichick-assistants-fared-nfl-head-coaches-history-tell-us-josh-mcdaniels-matt-patricia-mike-vrabel 

So let me give you a lesson from my book of knowledge. Just because a guy is a great OC or DC coordinator doesn't mean he's going to be a great head coach. D-ick LeBeau will go down in history as probably the greatest defensive coordinator of all time, and he was a lousy head coach. 

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here is the Bottom Line question for you all:

If you had your choice right now.....who would you rather see as HC of the Browns this fall:

Hue Jackson...or

Josh McDaniels.

Make the situation after what happened with the Colts? Care to guess? I suppose I'd go with the honest idiot. As that one public service announcement with the pirate "Honest Jim" and the parrot squawking at the end "awk, he can't be trusted". 

As I just pointed out to Ghoolie, Josh's record with the Broncos wasn't all that hot either.  

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Make the situation after what happened with the Colts? Care to guess? I suppose I'd go with the honest idiot. As that one public service announcement with the pirate "Honest Jim" and the parrot squawking at the end "awk, he can't be trusted". 

As I just pointed out to Ghoolie, Josh's record with the Broncos wasn't all that hot either.  

I would still go with the homeboy:   Josh McD.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

Vick killed dogs and went to prison. He got a new QB job. Half these 2018 draft players are some legal $hit and they go on teams because they might make you win. Jameis Winston stole crab legs and he went in the 1st round. Haley was falling down drunk fighting in a bar. The Browns didnt give a rats axx about that. Josh Gordon is a bong full of weed away from being banned for life and a day. Oh boy, look what he did.

You win they want you. Cased closed.

But Josh is still a piece of slug Sheet.

Archived