THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh McDaniels Turns Down Colts

darren15

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Exactly! I wouldn't touch  him with a 10 foot pole. He just killed himself politically in the NFL.

Mike

Not if he wins as HC.

31 teams are looking for a super bowl coach. You mean to suggest that if Hue got canned that the Browns wouldnt take McDaniels because he screwed the Colts while at the same time showing loyalty the Bob Kraft?

2 hours ago, syd said:

I think you meant a spot in the playoffs 

That and we lost a draft spot , too...

10 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The Colts are deflated as you can imagine.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34865 :lol:

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

True...I got no sympathy for them...at all.  Nor for the Pats.

A plague on both their houses!!     (can anyone name the source of that?)

Mercutio from "Romeo and Juliet", if I remember correctly.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Shades of Belichick and the Jets!

Colts are now officially a mess. They'd even began to hire Assistant Coaches McDaniels wanted. What do they do with them now?

Josh better have  a promise to replace Bill cause he's not going to be in demand after this screwjob...

If there was any more reason to hate the Patriots, here's another. What the heck did Kraft and Bill have to say\ offer him to make him stay? Indy had a plane on the way, and had a press conference scheduled. It was such a slimy move, his agent quit on him...   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915282/article/agent-drops-josh-mcdaniels-after-coach-spurns-colts "  My word is my bond. Once you break that, there's nothing left," LaMonte told Garafolo.

This is nothing like the other last minute back outs by other coaches- they didn't have staff already picked out and signed, to my mind it was a one second before midnight move by McDaniels. I couldn't believe some of the comments by arrogant Pats fans on nfl.com defending this....  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

If there was any more reason to hate the Patriots, here's another. What the heck did Kraft and Bill have to say\ offer him to make him stay? Indy had a plane on the way, and had a press conference scheduled. It was such a slimy move, his agent quit on him...   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915282/article/agent-drops-josh-mcdaniels-after-coach-spurns-colts "  My word is my bond. Once you break that, there's nothing left," LaMonte told Garafolo.

This is nothing like the other last minute back outs by other coaches- they didn't have staff already picked out and signed, to my mind it was a one second before midnight move by McDaniels. I couldn't believe some of the comments by arrogant Pats fans on nfl.com defending this....  

Hey.. If thats the way McDaniels does business.. Then screw him too...

This is a real, ahhh... how can I best say it?

HORSE SCHIDT thread.

The guy torched his chances at another job? LMAO....................... As if there is any honor among NFL teams. Dudes.....................HUE just got a blessing for his 3d year................THe bar for HC material in the NFL is pretty fukcking low. THis guy can have any job he wants in the future.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Colts moved out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Youre feeling sorry for the Modell family of Baltimore. Not only did the Israys take the team away from the city, they also took the name with them. How would you have liked Baltimore keeping the Browns name too? They kicked Peyton Manning to the curb to have Luck. They canned players like Bob Sanders when he nothing left to give them. The Colts and loyalty are a joke. They traded Johnny Unitas.

There is no deal until everyone signs on the dotted line. Only a dummy believes a multi million dollar transaction is done on the phone. Isray flew to Minneapolis to meet McDaniels for his last interview. You bring some sort of contract with you if you have an ounce of brains. The Steelers, Giants and Patriots dont do business like youre buying a used car off craigslist.

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The Colts moved out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. Youre feeling sorry for the Modell family of Baltimore. Not only did the Israys take the team away from the city, they also took the name with them. How would you have liked Baltimore keeping the Browns name too? They kicked Peyton Manning to the curb to have Luck. They canned players like Bob Sanders when he nothing left to give them. The Colts and loyalty are a joke. They traded Johnny Unitas.

There is no deal until everyone signs on the dotted line. Only a dummy believes a multi million dollar transaction is done on the phone. Isray flew to Minneapolis to meet McDaniels for his last interview. You bring some sort of contract with you if you have an ounce of brains. The Steelers, Giants and Patriots dont do business like youre buying a used car off craigslist.

So McDaniels isn’t a scumbag? Is this contract version of “she shouldn’t have dressed that way”?

Listening to NFL Radio chatter yesterday and they said when GMs are interviewing he now has 2 bad marks, one the Denver gig and two this decision bordering on unethical. Banner was the guest during that discussion.

Brady is not the guy losing his touch..That Guy who maybe is.. Bill Belichick? Have ya read his non-popular decision made on Malcolm Butler? Jamie Collins get this guy on the phone & lets replace Haden. This is as simple as your Mama always telling you "You never close any doors when it comes to jobs & Business." Belichick could very easily walk solely right into being GM of Pats before Craft chokes, when McDaniels steps in. If they promised McDaniels anything we won't hear about it. Cause they just slammed the door on every coach they have on staff or anybody elses. Scarnecchia OL coach is a very good coaching canidate. Only thing McDaniels ever did in Cleveland was sell plastics..what vibrators? Josh was a WR in HS,got beat out at QB. Never could do anything but follow the leader like Sabin to Mich.St..Steve Spagnuolo to Rams,kissed arss with Weis & taking Bill O'Brien's jobs at Pats..Hope it all blows up..As for the Coaches that Colts hired for McDaniels? These dudes have Family & children uprooted to Josh. From listening to Charliie Weis yesterday on radio he's not happy with Josh either. Colts trying to hire HC with these hires in tac.. but 1.)other Colts team positions maybe best way to go or 2.)buy them out & turn them loose.. 

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Listening to NFL Radio chatter yesterday and they said when GMs are interviewing he now has 2 bad marks, one the Denver gig and two this decision bordering on unethical. Banner was the guest during that discussion.

Not bordering on it. The guy told the Colts to hire the guys he wanted. Those guys uprooted themselves to take job opportunities under the understanding they would be working for McDaniels. The guy is a piece of sh-it.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So McDaniels isn’t a scumbag? Is this contract version of “she shouldn’t have dressed that way”?

You ever buy or sell a house or some property and everything is blue sky until something blows up?

Nothing is complete until the papers are signed and money changes hands.

29 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Joe Banner. There you go. What did Sashi have to say?

You win a Super Bowl and nobody cares about where you quit. Parcells was always moving on to his next gig and that never prevented him from being sought after.

Just now, boo fagley said:

Joe Banner. There you go. What did Sashi have to say?

You win a Super Bowl and nobody cares about where you quit. Parcells was always moving on to his next gig and that never prevented him from being sought after.

At no point did Parcells pull some Sheet like this. I doubt anyone has done something like this. He contacted guys to tell them he is going to the Colts. The Colts hired the guys handpicked by McDaniels. He fu-cked over a lot of people. 

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So again, Josh isn't a scumbag? 

Rumor is that Kraft did not want him to take the Indy job and McDaniels kids did not want to leave their schools.

No, loyalty to a boss you trust and not uprooting his kids is what I would do. The Colts would F over NE in a heart beat.

Just now, boo fagley said:

Rumor is that Kraft did not want him to take the Indy job and McDaniels kids did not want to leave their schools.

No, loyalty to a boss you trust and not uprooting his kids is what I would do. The Colts would F over NE in a heart beat.

But he didn't seem to give a hot sh-it about the guys he picked and their families. That has zero to do with the Colts.

11 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

At no point did Parcells pull some Sheet like this. I doubt anyone has done something like this. He contacted guys to tell them he is going to the Colts. The Colts hired the guys handpicked by McDaniels. He fu-cked over a lot of people. 

Parcells was setting up his next job with the NY Jets from the phones in the NE hotel at the Super Bowl with Green Bay. Parcells did not even fly home with the team after the loss. With the Jets Parcells signed Curtis Martin to a contract that is now illegal in NFL so he could steal him from NE. He told Belichick that he could have the Jets job lock, stiock and barrel when he stepped down and then decided to stay on as GM over Belichick at the last minute. Belichck had another HC job that he was ready to acceopt the year before, but Parcells promised him the Jets and the owner Hess gave Belichick more money to stay. Sound familiar?

Dont tell me how loyal and what a nice guy Parcells was.

5 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Parcells was setting up his next job with the NY Jets from the phones in the NE hotel at the Super Bowl with Green Bay. Parcells did not even fly home with the team after the loss. With the Jets Parcells signed Curtis Martin to a contract that is now illegal in NFL so he could steal him from NE. He told Belichick that he could have the Jets job lock, stiock and barrel when he stepped down and then decided to stay on as GM over Belichick at the last minute. Belichck had another HC job that he was ready to acceopt the year before, but Parcells promised him the Jets and the owner Hess gave Belichick more money to stay. Sound familiar?

Dont tell me how loyal and what a nice guy Parcells was.

Nice avoidance. You dodged that one but not well. At no point did I say Parcells was a good guy or even loyal. He just never pulled a complete fiasco like McDaniels. He fu-cked numerous people and their families who had zero to do with the Colts until McDaniels made it clear he wanted them to be part of the Colts. But keep avoiding that fact.

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Nice avoidance. You dodged that one but not well. At no point did I say Parcells was a good guy or even loyal. He just never pulled a complete fiasco like McDaniels. He fu-cked numerous people and their families who had zero to do with the Colts until McDaniels made it clear he wanted them to be part of the Colts. But keep avoiding that fact.

Im not avoiding anything.

You claimed that Parcells never did anything wrong. BS He would tell that he would F you if he ever got the chance. The Colts F over Kraft and now he F them back. What kind of brainless scarecrow franchise would believe that NE would gladly help them out. Only Idiots think that nothing is wrong with this picture. Thanks NE old pal. You F me and I will F you back. 

I dont know the facts about who told who to move where and neither do you. If the Browns screwed Pittsburgh you would be singing another tune so spare me the holier than thou act.

41 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Come on man. I don't care what job it is, to say you're going to take a position, have people hired to work with you, have large-scale resources used, just to say no is a total douche canoe move. The NFL may be a "cutthroat" business and literally he may not have had to go. But it also makes him a scumbag, to the point where his agent dropped HIM as a client and several sources claiming it makes him "unhireable" for any job outside of NE.

So in conclusion, I'll leave with a quote I hope you listen to.

Archived