THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh McDaniels Turns Down Colts

darren15

I have never seen someone look so disappointed when Hue was kept on as the Browns coach .....he obviously wanted the Cleveland job, was the only reason he would leave New England :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McDaniels is waiting for Bill to retire in hopes of taking over.

9 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

He better hope he gets the Pats job when Bill steps down, he has pretty much torched any chance of becoming an NFL HC any place else.

Exactly! I wouldn't touch  him with a 10 foot pole. He just killed himself politically in the NFL.

Mike

Just now, Canton Mike said:

Exactly! I wouldn't touch  him with a 10 foot pole. He just killed himself politically in the NFL.

Mike

as i said in the lucky thread not only did Bill Shmuck the colts but also all those hires that mcdaniels signed off on,good job pat's evil Shmucks

It is ugly turning down the job now that all the teams have their coaches and the Colts have signed people believeing they would be McDaniels' assistants... That's backstabbing. 

Some people have pointed out that ironically another coach that did this was Belichick when he signed with the Jets to then one day after resigned to sign with the Pats. But that story made more sense as I believe Jets' owner was all over the place at the time, making coaching the Jets unattractive. But the Colts? They have now Chris Ballard as GM and he is well considered in the league.

Colts!  Consider yourselves lucky!

The man drafted Tim Tebow...to be a quarterback...in round 1 when he was a HC.   (promoted beyond ability)   -  He's an OC.  

2 hours ago, boo fagley said:

The Colts are deflated as you can imagine.

Shmuck the colts.. remember when they screwed us out of draft position by starting theyre backups?...

If it hasn't already been known, McDaniels is a total piece of Sheet. The Colts went so far to hire assistants for the guy: https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/indianapolis-colts-news-keep-assistant-coaches-hired-by-josh-mcdaniels/

If you want the rage to build further, go to a Patriots forum right now. They are all rejoicing because this is "payback for deflategate". No, you DD drinking a-holes your man is just a douche canoe.

15 hours ago, darren15 said:

I have never seen someone look so disappointed when Hue was kept on as the Browns coach .....he obviously wanted the Cleveland job, was the only reason he would leave New England :)

Well.....he WAS born about a mile from where I sit.   As a kid he lived in my sister-in-laws neighborhood. Used to ride his bike up and down their street. Did trick or treat at their house. 

Maybe he would have like to come back to NEO....but more likely....Robert Kraft intervened and said something on the order of:  BB and Brady got one more year here......after that the Pats HC job is yours if you stay on.    And here is a big  bonus for you to do so. 

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Colts!  Consider yourselves lucky!

The man drafted Tim Tebow...to be a quarterback...in round 1 when he was a HC.   (promoted beyond ability)   -  He's an OC.  

Not sure that was his decision...was it?

Besides....the memory of Tebow sticking a hot iron up the bunghole of the Steelers in the playoff made it all worth taking him in round one by the Broncos....at least from my perspective.

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Shmuck the colts.. remember when they screwed us out of draft position by starting theyre backups?...

True...I got no sympathy for them...at all.  Nor for the Pats.

A plague on both their houses!!     (can anyone name the source of that?)

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

I  dont remember but dont doubt it. Was Dungy coaching?

yes.. it was the last week of the season.. I think Chud was coaching...

Shades of Belichick and the Jets!

Colts are now officially a mess. They'd even began to hire Assistant Coaches McDaniels wanted. What do they do with them now?

Josh better have  a promise to replace Bill cause he's not going to be in demand after this screwjob...

Archived