THE BROWNS BOARD

PSL Question

dusty

I’ve been trying to sell mine. No one wants them. You don’t need them anymore to buy season  tickets. So they are about worthless.  Another great job by our crook owner 

21 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Unless things have changed you still can't find lower level season Tix without PSL's.  Out of curiosity what section and row? I have not sold PSLS before but the two I have I bought off a private party. Smooth transfer at Browns office. 

Not true. I have 2 PSL’s in section 149. Had them since 1999. The people next to me were new this year. I asked them if they bought the PSL’s from the original owners. They said no. They just went to the ticket office and bought the tickets Without buying the PSL’s. 

This is the main reason I’m not renewing.  Well that and they kept a coach that is 1-31

Thanks again Jimmy 

7 hours ago, Nero said:

What's a PSL?

From Wiki:        A personal seat license, or PSL, is a paid license that entitles the holder to the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1] However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

From Wiki:        A personal seat license, or PSL, is a paid license that entitles the holder to the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1] However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue.

I didn't google it because you guys use so many acronyms that many times is hard to even find through Google what do they stand for. My bad and thanks!

If I recall it was the same price as the season tickets - so in actuality the first year season tickets cost double.

I believe it is a scam especially since apparently they are no longer needed.

If it was for a team in demand - then they would be worth it to guarantee your tickets.

22 hours ago, dusty said:

Upper deck = section 537

Depends on how high up you are, notice all the empty seats lately in the upper deck? Unless it's in the first few rows, not worth much. Only ones that might currently be in demand @ a big discount are 100 level sideline. FWIW, I'm in Section 111, and we've tried to get seat improvement into 108- 110 for years, with no luck. Unless they're crazy or filthy rich no one just walks away in those sections. 

http://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl/

22 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I’ve been trying to sell mine. No one wants them. You don’t need them anymore to buy season  tickets. So they are about worthless.  Another great job by our crook owner 

That was Lerners doing, Haslem did away with the PSL's. PSL's can still be sold if they exist. Problem is finding a buyer. Post your PSL on our facebook page, Browns Fans Ticket Exchange.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/893892040628961/

4 hours ago, dusty said:

If I recall it was the same price as the season tickets - so in actuality the first year season tickets cost double.

If it was for a team in demand - then they would be worth it to guarantee your tickets.

We bought in the first year PSLs were offered, and were able to spread the payment out over three years. Here's the deal, as I alluded to previous post. They may no longer be needed, but  you do own them as long as you re-up for tickets every year. If- (in the unlikely event) a PSL holder in the 100 level between the 30s would just walk away, it's a different story. The Ticket Office isn't going to just let someone come in off the street and start buying tickets on the 50 yard line. Can you imagine how POed people like me would be if we found out they gave someone like that priority over PSL holders wanting to improve who had 30+ years of seniority? I can tell you for sure it would be a really ugly situation. Seat improvement  comes before new buyers. And the improvement protocol is better seats in the section you're in, and then you improve to a better section. Last time they offered a select a seat- my pal went down to the stadium, and there was nothing available 100 level between the goal lines.  :)   

On 2/7/2018 at 12:55 PM, dusty said:

My PSL’s were $500 per seat   The season tickets the first year were $300 per seat . That was in 1999

Now the season tickets are $650 per seat. But you don’t have to buy the PSL to get them anymore 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

My PSL’s were $500 per seat   The season tickets the first year were $300 per seat . That was in 1999

Now the season tickets are $650 per seat. But you don’t have to buy the PSL to get them anymore 

True- but as I said- it depends on where those seats are located. If you're moderately high up in the 500 level, a bunch of people bailed out on their PSLs- I know for sure the guy who owns this Board did so. So yeah- if there's seats with no current PSL holder- you can just pick up season tickets without buying an associated PSL.  

However- as I said, PSL holders in sections 105-112 or 130-137 aren't giving up their PSLs- that we own as long as we buy season tickets every year. The only way you're going to get tickets in those sections is to buy them on StubHub or something similar. Or buy the PSL from the person who owns it. Want 100 level between the 40s? Going price there is $10,000 a seat. Even my Section 111- 20 yard line has a price tag of $2,500. It's why I'll never dump my seats- I couldn't afford to buy back in when the Browns start playing decent. The asking prices for those PSLs will easily double- if not triple.  And why would you just give away an asset that's worth thousands in the first place? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 2:40 PM, hoorta said:

True- but as I said- it depends on where those seats are located. If you're moderately high up in the 500 level, a bunch of people bailed out on their PSLs- I know for sure the guy who owns this Board did so. So yeah- if there's seats with no current PSL holder- you can just pick up season tickets without buying an associated PSL.  

However- as I said, PSL holders in sections 105-112 or 130-137 aren't giving up their PSLs- that we own as long as we buy season tickets every year. The only way you're going to get tickets in those sections is to buy them on StubHub or something similar. Or buy the PSL from the person who owns it. Want 100 level between the 40s? Going price there is $10,000 a seat. Even my Section 111- 20 yard line has a price tag of $2,500. It's why I'll never dump my seats- I couldn't afford to buy back in when the Browns start playing decent. The asking prices for those PSLs will easily double- if not triple.  And why would you just give away an asset that's worth thousands in the first place? 

If I wanted to get season tickets again, in section 149, I can just go buy them in a future year No need for a PSL 

I might as well try to get something for the PSL’s because I’m done buying the tickets for now  

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

If I wanted to get season tickets again, in section 149, I can just go buy them in a future year No need for a PSL 

I might as well try to get something for the PSL’s because I’m done buying the tickets for now  

Looks like yours are corner end zone, there's a deadline to renew your tickets. http://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl/

You can try selling, $850- $1000. Probably no one is buying. Good luck.  

On 2/24/2018 at 5:49 PM, hoorta said:

Looks like yours are corner end zone, there's a deadline to renew your tickets. http://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl/

You can try selling, $850- $1000. Probably no one is buying. Good luck.  

Already got a person. $800. Just waiting on the paperwork.  

19 years of paying for GARBAGE    I’m done🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Archived