Louisville Slugger

Blowing up the QB rankings

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

hqdefault.jpg

"IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER THAT'S WHY WE DRINK IT HERE....".

10 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He just ignored Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, Richardson, Weeden, Mingo etc. to use 10,000+ snap streak 10x pro bowler Joe Thomas as an example of a wasted draft pick. Its as blatant as it can possibly be, he’s here to piss people off, and he’s not gonna stop because he keeps getting attention.  

If you’re going to give money to a homeless person, you have no right to get angry when they use it to buy a bottle of wild irish Rose. 

Exactly...

14 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He just ignored Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, Richardson, Weeden, Mingo etc. to use 10,000+ snap streak 10x pro bowler Joe Thomas as an example of a wasted draft pick. Its as blatant as it can possibly be, he’s here to piss people off, and he’s not gonna stop because he keeps getting attention.  

If you’re going to give money to a homeless person, you have no right to get angry when they use it to buy a bottle of wild irish Rose. 

Won't respond to him- but I'll lay heavy odds Lamar Jackson doesn't get drafted in the first round. Oh, Walter Football has the Steelers taking Lamar with the 29th pick. I'm sure he would approve. As usual, more hypocritical BS out of the troll. If RG III\Kizer are his  "Black Tarkentons" Jackson fits that description to a "T".

Still waiting for his pick Paxton Lynch to do more than take up a spot on the bench and in the hot tub.  :)   

Lynch is Weeden-brained turd. Dude doesn’t even deserve to be a third stringer.  All you have to do to get a high grade from Ghoolie is go to Memphis. 

13 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Lynch is Weeden-brained turd. Dude doesn’t even deserve to be a third stringer.  All you have to do to get a high grade from Ghoolie is go to Memphis. 

Yet Glommie is always telling us how much he hates Memphis.  Of course...he says he is moving to Vegas  (what is it?  like 5 years now he has been saying that. From one cesspit to another.  

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/las-vegas-sees-deadliest-year-breaks-record-for-homicides/

And these stats don't even include the mass homicide that took place there a while back.

Also...see this:   Interestingly......cities including Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Dayton, South Ben Ind. etc.  all have higher homicide rates than Cleveland.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html#7

Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

EDIT: And even worse now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thenew23 said:

Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

Nice take, the first 3 you listed will all go in the top 10. But I put Darnold ahead of Rosen- because of those concussions. I think Ghoolie is just trolling about Jackson- for sure he doesn't go into 1\10 the detail you did. Jackson relied on his legs way too much in college, he doesn't have the frame to do that in the NFL. He'll follow quickly in the footsteps of RG III if he does. 

& I just can't see a scenario where the Browns would pass on a QB to take Barkley at #1. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

EDIT: And even worse now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

Usually the schedule comes out the week before the draft. We already know the Eagles will have the first game Thursday night against a TBD opponent.  Hmmm looking at their opponents- could be the Cowboys. 

5 hours ago, thenew23 said:

good post..spun some Allen tape the other night. reason was, After seeing Allen's percentage of completion field chart. shows he misses almost everything he throws to the left side of field. for the life of me it looks like his feet & hips finally work together throwing left, but his release point shows he only has 1 gear.. like Kizer.."R"  for Rip it in & behind WR's..

After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

12 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

That way they can say AH-HA I told you he was the one.......and hope nobody remembers the other stuff. Even the so called media experts can't agree on the top 5 quarterbacks this year in any order.

8 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

He has learned the art of deflection away from his buddy Paxton Lynch. He got burned by picking just that one so now it's cover all bases.:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Mark O said:

Or then turn around and say:   "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."

It would be like me saying:    "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."

When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007  beforehand:  We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent".  That would have been more his style.

Fair to say?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Or then turn around and say:   "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."

It would be like me saying:    "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."

When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007  beforehand:  We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent".  That would have been more his style.

Fair to say?

Yep. 

And then certain players are the biggest bust in a decade before they step on the field, while others who have been in league longer and seen the field need and deserve more time. 

AND even when wrong multiple times about the most decorated QB of all time  (Brady), it's still I was right about him. If he does anything, it's the other team being cheated and when he loses, he's done I was right. 1 out of 5 is good average right? That's 100% accuracy. 

walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect. 

After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49. 

I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner

6 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect. 

After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49. 

I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner

LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking.  Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him.  http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php   If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.  

38 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking.  Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him.  http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php   If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.  

Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential? 

And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.

HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings.   Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks.   Nothing alike!

Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land. 

Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up. 

Just now, Louisville Slugger said:

Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up. 

True.....in the 3rd round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

What makes him so unique? It's not like we haven't seen QB's with his skill set try to make it in the NFL before. 

That said, if it means Lamar going to Pittsburgh then by all that is holy, I hope he goes 1st round.  They're due for a bad stretch of drafts.

He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better. 

Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.