Louisville Slugger

Blowing up the QB rankings

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

2 of those 3 weren't even taken in the first round. 

Brees, Favre and Brady were all taken outside of the first round. 

5 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

Brees, Favre and Brady were all taken outside of the first round. 

You're right, I forgot Favre was taken at the 1st pick of the 2nd round. 

For some reason I thought he was a 1st round, tail end kind of pick.    

Point further proven.  None of those QB's were taken in the 1st round.

We are going to have the same Brees, Favre, Brady conversation all over again??? 

I bet that most of us wouldn't have a problem drafting Allen, but never in the top of the 1st, and as that's the spot were we MUST draft our QBOTF, well, that takes Allen out of our ideal draft choices for most of us.

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

We are going to have the same Brees, Favre, Brady conversation all over again??? 

I bet that most of us wouldn't have a problem drafting Allen, but never in the top of the 1st, and as that's the spot were we MUST draft our QBOTF, well, that takes Allen out of our ideal draft choices for most of us.

Geeezzz I wish the draft was next week! 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Besides we already have Allen. He plays exactly the same way and did show some flashes of learning in the last few games. If he'd had any WRs worth a damn other than JG, he might have been able to show us more. Too many game changing drops last year only topped off by Coleman's stone handed miss in the last game.

• Upvote 1

llen has the best upside for development. People say that he wont improve his completion rate. Hogwash,  Brady, Brees and Farve improved.

Some team is going grab Allen and he will be a star. The next big name NFL QB.

2 of those 3 weren't even taken in the first round. 

Actually.....technically....none of them were.   Brady...6th round as you know.  Favre was a second rounder...#33    As was Brees.   Now...he went #32...but at the time there were only 31 picks in the first round.....and he was the first pick of the second round.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Besides we already have Allen. He plays exactly the same way and did show some flashes of learning in the last few games. If he'd had any WRs worth a damn other than JG, he might have been able to show us more. Too many game changing drops last year only topped off by Coleman's stone handed miss in the last game.

Exactly.   Why do we want another big, strong, athletic QB who is inaccurate?   We already have Kizer on the roster, why draft another version of him this year? 

• Upvote 2

Kizer doesn't love the game. Kizer isn't much of a leader on the field, or off it, he has little fire in him. He looks only at ONE THIRD of the field every play. AS in, every...single....play. It's all he can do, apparently. Allen can look one way, and throw the other - he never had the talent around him that Notre Dame has.

Allen "is Kizer" = Mayfield "is Manziel".

just really dumb. Kizer is a tall kid who has a big arm who can play a little football. Allen is a tall kid with a big arm, who IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER. In that regard, Allen is a lot like Mayfield. He LOVES the game. He LIVES the game. It seems Kizer doesn't love much of anything.

Kizer interviews after a lost football game like he just got pulled over for speeding 10 mph over the speed limit and is getting a warning. His first season, he threw a 62.x completion percentage. He's a "star"...wait, his last year it went down to 56.x percent. He's "a bust"

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mayfield is a heck of a kid. Give him a couple of inch higher platform shoes, and an arm like Allen's, and I'd draft him over Allen. lol

My dumb opinion - the Browns will go with Mayfield or Allen, with the first pick. It depends on Allen at his pro day and conbine - he will have to show terrific accuracy and touch....or the choice swings to Mayfield right there.

They will trade out of the four pick, and and get one of three free safeties with the other pick. There are only three fs in this draft - the Browns need one of them, and I think all three are gone by the second round.

Who knows. I sure don't. lol

8 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Tiamat is an insufferable dickwad.

Hand to God, I laughed pretty hard.  Thanks because I needed that. 

• Haha 1

The Internet forum wanna-be is not even mad, he’s laughing! It’s funny to him!

Please continue your delusional posting here. I’m sure you’ll still be here faking it when I come back in 6 months.

19 minutes ago, Mike H said:

The Internet forum wanna-be is not even mad, he’s laughing! It’s funny to him!

Please continue your delusional posting here. I’m sure you’ll still be here faking it when I come back in 6 months.

Unlike that one time you actually Shmucked a broad, there's no faking here. See you in 6 months, champ.  

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I do like the kid, though.

Here's a great article on him:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000889241/article/wilson-or-manziel-the-good-bad-with-ou-qb-baker-mayfield

weaknesses from Walter Football:

Weaknesses:

• Undersized; shorter than ideal
  •  
"Mayfield is undersized for the NFL with just average arm strength,..."

Dorsey quote:  "height is not an issue with Mayfield".   

On 2/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

I've watched the game tape on the top QBs in this draft class and I came away with a much different opinion than the experts. Starting from 5 to 1 this is how rank the QBs

5. Josh Allen- Pure potential. He obviously has a cannon and he is a pretty good athlete. I like the way he stands tall in the pocket and steps up in the face of pressure. He has poor ball placement and completely misses more than you would like. It appears as if he struggles to see the field and looks to rely on his arm instead of reading the defense. I honestly should have Rudolph in this spot but Allen's tools are hard to overlook. I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds.

4. Josh Rosen- The most polished QB in this class. Solid pocket passer with good height but needs to put on some weight. Accuracy is good at times but isn't elite. If it wasn't for his injury concerns, and rumored attitude problems, I would have a better review of him. I would wait until the end of the 1st round before considering pulling the trigger.

3. Sam Darnold- Darnold has been my pick all season long, but he looks scared to step up in the pocket. When the pass rush is coming at him he looks like he freaks out. If his balls drop he has everyhing you look for in a QB. Sometimes even reminds me of Aaron Rogers, mobility, accuracy, and a solid arm. I would still consider him at #1 but not my favorite prospect.

2. Baker Mayfield- so much to like here. He really understood his offense and put up video game numbers. Good accuracy and a decent arm. Handles pressure pretty well but his line was ridiculously good. He had a clean pocket like 90% of the time and they allowed him to pick apart the defense. Makes quick read and rarely makes a bad throw. I could look past his size to put him as the #1 spot but his character is a real concern.

1. Lamar Jackson- I know I'm going to get knocked for being a homer, but like I said earlier, I was firmly in camp Darnold until I watched more tape. Lamar is special. His athleticism and grit are undeniable. As a passer he needs some work but he's not as far off from the other prospect as you would think. He has to become more consistent and I think if he stops trying to do it all he can accomplish that. Some throws are top notch then he'll throw a head scratcher. Bottom line he is a playmaker and at first I was worried that he wouldn't translate to the NFL, but after comparing him to the field i think he has a better chance than most. 

Lamar Jackson IS the cream of this year's QB Crop. If the Browns were not picking #1 he would go #2. As it is, The browns are likely to take Rosen, at that point whether by trade or just taking the pick they have, Barkley will go #2. Just as I said Trubisky was the player of the 2017 draft, so too, is Barkley in the 2018 draft. If the Browns pass on Jackson and Barkley, they will again have one of the worst drafts since they wasted a #1 on do-nothing Joe Thomas.

It is hard to predict how the QBs will go, because the Browns, who pick #1, are likely to again make a fukcked up choice that throws the true order of players into a ball of chaos. HOWEVER......................... here is the proper rating of the 2018 QBs

Lamar Jackson   

Josh Rosen ( THe Browns will fukck this up and take him first)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

If the Browns are to have an impact in the NFL, their draft must be..........

#1 Barkley

#2 (Trade next years #1 plus a #2 and Coleman or Thomas  AND/OR Move #4 up............. Lamar Jackson

#4 or 5  Calvin RIdley

THen, in round 2................ if he is still on the board............Auden Tate

DO THAT? Then you have a successful draft. This bullschidt of amassing assets and building for the future is the logic of jackoffs............that's why you guys like it...you are mostly jackoffs. he Browns need to make an impact NOW............ not in 2525. 

OFFENSE WINS        You build a team around offense. The rest of the schidt you can fill in. Certainly the OL is the last thing the Browns need to fukck with and spend more money on. QB, WR WR and Barkley.  BOOM. 

THe Browns have the $ to carry this off.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Dorsey quote:  "height is not an issue with Mayfield".   

Why would Dorsey, at this point of the Draft season, say anything negative towards any players in play for his picks?

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I guess I should have known the ghoolster was a Steelers fan.

What blows my mind is that there are numerous moderators who have lobbied to have him banned, but whoever runs this board won't do it.

Yet these moderators can delete individual posts, and close threads, and do on the regular.

So if you are a moderator on here who would like to see Ghoolie gone, there's a pretty easy solution, even without the head guy's consent - just delete the troll's posts as they roll in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Lamar Jackson IS the cream of this year's QB Crop. If the Browns were not picking #1 he would go #2. As it is, The browns are likely to take Rosen, at that point whether by trade or just taking the pick they have, Barkley will go #2. Just as I said Trubisky was the player of the 2017 draft, so too, is Barkley in the 2018 draft. If the Browns pass on Jackson and Barkley, they will again have one of the worst drafts since they wasted a #1 on do-nothing Joe Thomas.

It is hard to predict how the QBs will go, because the Browns, who pick #1, are likely to again make a fukcked up choice that throws the true order of players into a ball of chaos. HOWEVER......................... here is the proper rating of the 2018 QBs

Lamar Jackson   

Josh Rosen ( THe Browns will fukck this up and take him first)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

If the Browns are to have an impact in the NFL, their draft must be..........

#1 Barkley

#2 (Trade next years #1 plus a #2 and Coleman or Thomas  AND/OR Move #4 up............. Lamar Jackson

#4 or 5  Calvin RIdley

THen, in round 2................ if he is still on the board............Auden Tate

DO THAT? Then you have a successful draft. This bullschidt of amassing assets and building for the future is the logic of jackoffs............that's why you guys like it...you are mostly jackoffs. he Browns need to make an impact NOW............ not in 2525. 

OFFENSE WINS        You build a team around offense. The rest of the schidt you can fill in. Certainly the OL is the last thing the Browns need to fukck with and spend more money on. QB, WR WR and Barkley.  BOOM. 

THe Browns have the $ to carry this off.

I like most of those draft prospects. Do you think Ridley is any good? It's hard to tell in that Alabama offense. I think Kirk is probably the better option. 

1a. Lamar Jackson

1b. Joshua Jackson or Bradley Chubb

2a. Chrstian Kirk or Jiare Alexander

2b. Rashaad Penny

2c. Armani Watts

3. Auden Tate

That's my best case scenario right now

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What blows my mind is that there are numerous moderators who have lobbied to have him banned, but whoever runs this board won't do it.

Yet these moderators can delete individual posts, and close threads, and do on the regular.

So if you are a moderator on here who would like to see Ghoolie gone, there's a pretty easy solution, even without the head guy's consent - just delete the troll's posts as they roll in. 

Well when one of the mods wastes half his day every day arguing with Ghoolie, it would seem he doesn't mind him all that much.

14 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Well when one of the mods wastes half his day every day arguing with Ghoolie, it would seem he doesn't mind him all that much.

It's like some bizarro-world Stockholm Syndrome. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's like some bizarro-world Stockton-Shorts Syndrome. 

FIFY:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Two steps:

1. Allen Robinson agrees with Chad Johnson's tweet about the Browns going to sign Cousins

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Allen-Robinson-likes-tweet-about-Browns-signing-Kirk-Cousins-114592459OR

2. ESPN predicts the Browns will sign McCarron and then...

sign draft Josh Allen and let him sit for a year. (or two?)

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/ESPN-predicts-Browns-draft-Josh-Allen-sign-AJ-McCarron-114699237

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Two steps:

1. Allen Robinson agrees with Chad Johnson's tweet about the Browns going to sign Cousins

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Allen-Robinson-likes-tweet-about-Browns-signing-Kirk-Cousins-114592459OR

2. ESPN predicts the Browns will sign McCarron and then...

sign draft Josh Allen and let him sit for a year. (or two?)

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/ESPN-predicts-Browns-draft-Josh-Allen-sign-AJ-McCarron-114699237

And what draft pick would the Browns reach for Allen with?

On 2/9/2018 at 7:15 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He just ignored Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, Richardson, Weeden, Mingo etc. to use 10,000+ snap streak 10x pro bowler Joe Thomas as an example of a wasted draft pick. Its as blatant as it can possibly be, he’s here to piss people off, and he’s not gonna stop because he keeps getting attention.  

If you’re going to give money to a homeless person, you have no right to get angry when they use it to buy a bottle of wild irish Rose. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He just ignored Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, Richardson, Weeden, Mingo etc. to use 10,000+ snap streak 10x pro bowler Joe Thomas as an example of a wasted draft pick. Its as blatant as it can possibly be, he’s here to piss people off, and he’s not gonna stop because he keeps getting attention.  

If you’re going to give money to a homeless person, you have no right to get angry when they use it to buy a bottle of wild irish Rose. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1