THE BROWNS BOARD

Blowing up the QB rankings

Louisville Slugger

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mike H said:

The Internet forum wanna-be is not even mad, he’s laughing! It’s funny to him!

Please continue your delusional posting here. I’m sure you’ll still be here faking it when I come back in 6 months.

Unlike that one time you actually Shmucked a broad, there's no faking here. See you in 6 months, champ.  

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I do like the kid, though.

Here's a great article on him:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000889241/article/wilson-or-manziel-the-good-bad-with-ou-qb-baker-mayfield

weaknesses from Walter Football:

Weaknesses:

• Undersized; shorter than ideal
  •  
"Mayfield is undersized for the NFL with just average arm strength,..."

Dorsey quote:  "height is not an issue with Mayfield".   

On 2/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

I've watched the game tape on the top QBs in this draft class and I came away with a much different opinion than the experts. Starting from 5 to 1 this is how rank the QBs

5. Josh Allen- Pure potential. He obviously has a cannon and he is a pretty good athlete. I like the way he stands tall in the pocket and steps up in the face of pressure. He has poor ball placement and completely misses more than you would like. It appears as if he struggles to see the field and looks to rely on his arm instead of reading the defense. I honestly should have Rudolph in this spot but Allen's tools are hard to overlook. I wouldn't touch him in the first 2 rounds.

4. Josh Rosen- The most polished QB in this class. Solid pocket passer with good height but needs to put on some weight. Accuracy is good at times but isn't elite. If it wasn't for his injury concerns, and rumored attitude problems, I would have a better review of him. I would wait until the end of the 1st round before considering pulling the trigger.

3. Sam Darnold- Darnold has been my pick all season long, but he looks scared to step up in the pocket. When the pass rush is coming at him he looks like he freaks out. If his balls drop he has everyhing you look for in a QB. Sometimes even reminds me of Aaron Rogers, mobility, accuracy, and a solid arm. I would still consider him at #1 but not my favorite prospect.

2. Baker Mayfield- so much to like here. He really understood his offense and put up video game numbers. Good accuracy and a decent arm. Handles pressure pretty well but his line was ridiculously good. He had a clean pocket like 90% of the time and they allowed him to pick apart the defense. Makes quick read and rarely makes a bad throw. I could look past his size to put him as the #1 spot but his character is a real concern.

1. Lamar Jackson- I know I'm going to get knocked for being a homer, but like I said earlier, I was firmly in camp Darnold until I watched more tape. Lamar is special. His athleticism and grit are undeniable. As a passer he needs some work but he's not as far off from the other prospect as you would think. He has to become more consistent and I think if he stops trying to do it all he can accomplish that. Some throws are top notch then he'll throw a head scratcher. Bottom line he is a playmaker and at first I was worried that he wouldn't translate to the NFL, but after comparing him to the field i think he has a better chance than most. 

Lamar Jackson IS the cream of this year's QB Crop. If the Browns were not picking #1 he would go #2. As it is, The browns are likely to take Rosen, at that point whether by trade or just taking the pick they have, Barkley will go #2. Just as I said Trubisky was the player of the 2017 draft, so too, is Barkley in the 2018 draft. If the Browns pass on Jackson and Barkley, they will again have one of the worst drafts since they wasted a #1 on do-nothing Joe Thomas.

It is hard to predict how the QBs will go, because the Browns, who pick #1, are likely to again make a fukcked up choice that throws the true order of players into a ball of chaos. HOWEVER......................... here is the proper rating of the 2018 QBs

Lamar Jackson   

Josh Rosen ( THe Browns will fukck this up and take him first)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

If the Browns are to have an impact in the NFL, their draft must be..........

#1 Barkley

#2 (Trade next years #1 plus a #2 and Coleman or Thomas  AND/OR Move #4 up............. Lamar Jackson

#4 or 5  Calvin RIdley

THen, in round 2................ if he is still on the board............Auden Tate

DO THAT? Then you have a successful draft. This bullschidt of amassing assets and building for the future is the logic of jackoffs............that's why you guys like it...you are mostly jackoffs. he Browns need to make an impact NOW............ not in 2525. 

OFFENSE WINS        You build a team around offense. The rest of the schidt you can fill in. Certainly the OL is the last thing the Browns need to fukck with and spend more money on. QB, WR WR and Barkley.  BOOM. 

THe Browns have the $ to carry this off.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Dorsey quote:  "height is not an issue with Mayfield".   

Why would Dorsey, at this point of the Draft season, say anything negative towards any players in play for his picks?

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I guess I should have known the ghoolster was a Steelers fan.

What blows my mind is that there are numerous moderators who have lobbied to have him banned, but whoever runs this board won't do it.

Yet these moderators can delete individual posts, and close threads, and do on the regular.

So if you are a moderator on here who would like to see Ghoolie gone, there's a pretty easy solution, even without the head guy's consent - just delete the troll's posts as they roll in. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Lamar Jackson IS the cream of this year's QB Crop. If the Browns were not picking #1 he would go #2. As it is, The browns are likely to take Rosen, at that point whether by trade or just taking the pick they have, Barkley will go #2. Just as I said Trubisky was the player of the 2017 draft, so too, is Barkley in the 2018 draft. If the Browns pass on Jackson and Barkley, they will again have one of the worst drafts since they wasted a #1 on do-nothing Joe Thomas.

It is hard to predict how the QBs will go, because the Browns, who pick #1, are likely to again make a fukcked up choice that throws the true order of players into a ball of chaos. HOWEVER......................... here is the proper rating of the 2018 QBs

Lamar Jackson   

Josh Rosen ( THe Browns will fukck this up and take him first)

Baker Mayfield

Sam Darnold

If the Browns are to have an impact in the NFL, their draft must be..........

#1 Barkley

#2 (Trade next years #1 plus a #2 and Coleman or Thomas  AND/OR Move #4 up............. Lamar Jackson

#4 or 5  Calvin RIdley

THen, in round 2................ if he is still on the board............Auden Tate

DO THAT? Then you have a successful draft. This bullschidt of amassing assets and building for the future is the logic of jackoffs............that's why you guys like it...you are mostly jackoffs. he Browns need to make an impact NOW............ not in 2525. 

OFFENSE WINS        You build a team around offense. The rest of the schidt you can fill in. Certainly the OL is the last thing the Browns need to fukck with and spend more money on. QB, WR WR and Barkley.  BOOM. 

THe Browns have the $ to carry this off.

I like most of those draft prospects. Do you think Ridley is any good? It's hard to tell in that Alabama offense. I think Kirk is probably the better option. 

1a. Lamar Jackson

1b. Joshua Jackson or Bradley Chubb

2a. Chrstian Kirk or Jiare Alexander

2b. Rashaad Penny

2c. Armani Watts

3. Auden Tate

That's my best case scenario right now

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What blows my mind is that there are numerous moderators who have lobbied to have him banned, but whoever runs this board won't do it.

Yet these moderators can delete individual posts, and close threads, and do on the regular.

So if you are a moderator on here who would like to see Ghoolie gone, there's a pretty easy solution, even without the head guy's consent - just delete the troll's posts as they roll in. 

Well when one of the mods wastes half his day every day arguing with Ghoolie, it would seem he doesn't mind him all that much.

Two steps:

1. Allen Robinson agrees with Chad Johnson's tweet about the Browns going to sign Cousins

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Allen-Robinson-likes-tweet-about-Browns-signing-Kirk-Cousins-114592459OR

2. ESPN predicts the Browns will sign McCarron and then...

sign draft Josh Allen and let him sit for a year. (or two?)

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/ESPN-predicts-Browns-draft-Josh-Allen-sign-AJ-McCarron-114699237

13 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Two steps:

1. Allen Robinson agrees with Chad Johnson's tweet about the Browns going to sign Cousins

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Allen-Robinson-likes-tweet-about-Browns-signing-Kirk-Cousins-114592459OR

2. ESPN predicts the Browns will sign McCarron and then...

sign draft Josh Allen and let him sit for a year. (or two?)

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/ESPN-predicts-Browns-draft-Josh-Allen-sign-AJ-McCarron-114699237

And what draft pick would the Browns reach for Allen with?

On 2/9/2018 at 7:15 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He just ignored Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, Richardson, Weeden, Mingo etc. to use 10,000+ snap streak 10x pro bowler Joe Thomas as an example of a wasted draft pick. Its as blatant as it can possibly be, he’s here to piss people off, and he’s not gonna stop because he keeps getting attention.  

If you’re going to give money to a homeless person, you have no right to get angry when they use it to buy a bottle of wild irish Rose. 

10 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

He just ignored Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, Richardson, Weeden, Mingo etc. to use 10,000+ snap streak 10x pro bowler Joe Thomas as an example of a wasted draft pick. Its as blatant as it can possibly be, he’s here to piss people off, and he’s not gonna stop because he keeps getting attention.  

If you’re going to give money to a homeless person, you have no right to get angry when they use it to buy a bottle of wild irish Rose. 

hqdefault.jpg

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

hqdefault.jpg

"IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER THAT'S WHY WE DRINK IT HERE....".

10 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

Exactly...

14 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Don’t feed the troll. 

Won't respond to him- but I'll lay heavy odds Lamar Jackson doesn't get drafted in the first round. Oh, Walter Football has the Steelers taking Lamar with the 29th pick. I'm sure he would approve. As usual, more hypocritical BS out of the troll. If RG III\Kizer are his  "Black Tarkentons" Jackson fits that description to a "T".

Still waiting for his pick Paxton Lynch to do more than take up a spot on the bench and in the hot tub.  :)   

13 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Lynch is Weeden-brained turd. Dude doesn’t even deserve to be a third stringer.  All you have to do to get a high grade from Ghoolie is go to Memphis. 

Yet Glommie is always telling us how much he hates Memphis.  Of course...he says he is moving to Vegas  (what is it?  like 5 years now he has been saying that. From one cesspit to another.  

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/las-vegas-sees-deadliest-year-breaks-record-for-homicides/

And these stats don't even include the mass homicide that took place there a while back.

Also...see this:   Interestingly......cities including Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Dayton, South Ben Ind. etc.  all have higher homicide rates than Cleveland.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html#7

Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

EDIT: And even worse now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

1 hour ago, thenew23 said:

Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

Nice take, the first 3 you listed will all go in the top 10. But I put Darnold ahead of Rosen- because of those concussions. I think Ghoolie is just trolling about Jackson- for sure he doesn't go into 1\10 the detail you did. Jackson relied on his legs way too much in college, he doesn't have the frame to do that in the NFL. He'll follow quickly in the footsteps of RG III if he does. 

& I just can't see a scenario where the Browns would pass on a QB to take Barkley at #1. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

EDIT: And even worse now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

Usually the schedule comes out the week before the draft. We already know the Eagles will have the first game Thursday night against a TBD opponent.  Hmmm looking at their opponents- could be the Cowboys. 

5 hours ago, thenew23 said:

good post..spun some Allen tape the other night. reason was, After seeing Allen's percentage of completion field chart. shows he misses almost everything he throws to the left side of field. for the life of me it looks like his feet & hips finally work together throwing left, but his release point shows he only has 1 gear.. like Kizer.."R"  for Rip it in & behind WR's..

After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

12 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

That way they can say AH-HA I told you he was the one.......and hope nobody remembers the other stuff. Even the so called media experts can't agree on the top 5 quarterbacks this year in any order.

Archived