THE BROWNS BOARD

Predictions for 2018 NFL Season

The Gipper

Two days after the Super Bowl.   So how about we make some WAPs:   wild butt predictions for the 2018 season in the NFL.   Here are a few of mine:

1. The Belichick/Brady/Kraft marriage implodes.   Primarily because Brady gets injured...and BB is unhappy with Hoyer at backup QB..and says so to Kraft. 

2. The following head coaches are fired during the season:    Hue Jackson...of course.   Jason Garrett!   Dirk Koetter in Tampa

3. Kirk Cousin will sign with the Jets.   But they have a typical Cousins season of like 7-9...8-8 at best.

4. Some teams that did not make the playoffs this past year that will this next year:   Packers (due to return of Rodgers), Raiders (due to return of Carr), Texans (due to return of Watson) Seahawks  (due to....see below)

5. Some teams that did make the playoff that will NOT return:  Panthers (because Cam gets hurt)  Falcons (because of just attrition),  Titans (because Watson and Luck will return to Texans and Colts...and because Jags will still be the best team in that division)  Chief (because reliance on unproven Mahomes at QB will not be sufficient to get them into playoffs...not that he will be bad...just not good enough)

6. The NFL revises the catch rule to try to simplify it.   It won't work...there will continue to be controversy over what is or is not a catch.

7. Pete Carroll will announce that he is retiring after the season.  Seahawks go on a bit of a run.

8. Joe Thomas will return for two more years.

9.  Ken Anderson and finger Shafrath will be the nominees of the Senior Committee for induction into the HOF next year.

10. The Browns will sign either Sam Bradford or Ryan Fitzpatrick to be their "Bridge" QB.

11.  The First pick in the 2018 draft will be:    Josh Rosen.    (whether I think that is the best choice or not...or whether he would like to come here or not...that will be the pick)

12.  The two Teams that will meet in the Super Bowl will be..........The Minnesota Vikings  vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Go ahead, make your own Wild butt Predictions  ( I know that some of mine are not so wild....particularly the firing of Hue Jackson)

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Two days after the Super Bowl.   So how about we make some WAPs:   wild butt predictions for the 2018 season in the NFL.   Here are a few of mine:

1. The Belichick/Brady/Kraft marriage implodes.   Primarily because Brady gets injured...and BB is unhappy with Hoyer at backup QB..and says so to Kraft. 

Even if it implodes they will still deny it.....they will try and DEFLATE the situation

2. The following head coaches are fired during the season:    Hue Jackson...of course.   Jason Garrett!   Dirk Koetter in Tampa

Hue Jackson after a 0-8 start .... Todd Haley named interim coach wins 5 games ....gets job at the end of the season

3. Kirk Cousin will sign with the Jets.   But they have a typical Cousins season of like 7-9...8-8 at best.

Cousins goes to Denver 7-9

4. Some teams that did not make the playoffs this past year that will this next year:   Packers (due to return of Rodgers), Raiders (due to return of Carr), Texans (due to return of Watson) Seahawks  (due to....see below)

Packers in play offs along with Lions from that division

5. Some teams that did make the playoff that will NOT return:  Panthers (because Cam gets hurt)  Falcons (because of just attrition),  Titans (because Watson and Luck will return to Texans and Colts...and because Jags will still be the best team in that division)  Chief (because reliance on unproven Mahomes at QB will not be sufficient to get them into playoffs...not that he will be bad...just not good enough)

Chiefs wont return along with Titans

6. The NFL revises the catch rule to try to simplify it.   It won't work...there will continue to be controversy over what is or is not a catch.

They will still screw it up

7. Pete Carroll will announce that he is retiring after the season.  Seahawks go on a bit of a run.

Agreed

One more year

9.  Ken Anderson and finger Shafrath will be the nominees of the Senior Committee for induction into the HOF next year.

Dont care

10. The Browns will sign either Sam Bradford or Ryan Fitzpatrick to be their "Bridge" QB.

Browns will sign AJ McCarron

11.  The First pick in the 2018 draft will be:    Josh Rosen.    (whether I think that is the best choice or not...or whether he would like to come here or not...that will be the pick)

Sam Darnold ...... Best pick...not sure yet too early to call

12.  The two Teams that will meet in the Super Bowl will be..........The Minnesota Vikings  vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Patriots and Vikings

Go ahead, make your own Wild butt Predictions  ( I know that some of mine are not so wild....particularly the firing of Hue Jackson)

Sensible stuff, with both good and wild reasoning.

I am not going to partake on a large scale, mainly because I don't really give a schidt about most of the NFL.

Reports seem to be that The Browns (before Dorsey) already were locked and loaded on Josh Rosen. So my predictions center around the Browns. WHy Hue has not been fired is beyond me, but I can't see him lasting another year. I think the Browns will be 2 - 14 +/- 1 win. I look for them to draft a QB, and then pull a lame duck and trade the #4 down for future picks and another dud like Coleman.

Honestly, the rest of it? I don't care.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Sensible stuff, with both good and wild reasoning.

I am not going to partake on a large scale, mainly because I don't really give a schidt about most of the NFL.

Reports seem to be that The Browns (before Dorsey) already were locked and loaded on Josh Rosen. So my predictions center around the Browns. WHy Hue has not been fired is beyond me, but I can't see him lasting another year. I think the Browns will be 2 - 14 +/- 1 win. I look for them to draft a QB, and then pull a lame duck and trade the #4 down for future picks and another dud like Coleman.

Honestly, the rest of it? I don't care.

My prediction was that Hue is fired during the season. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He'll sign with Denver and go 8-8

Bears, Chargers

Bills, maybe the Falcons

It will only get revised because the Steelers were effected by the rule. Abolish replay, let the refs ref the games.

Boo. I hate what he did to USC, and I hate the Trojans. He's low-class.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Something tells me the Raiders will make a splash, before the Vegas move.

18 hours ago, wargograw said:

Carr played most of 2017.

Had him for one of my FL team starters.....had to replace and keep an eye on him and his receivers often. He did start the season ok.

My prediction: the trial does not go well for AJ McCarron and he becomes an RFA.  Browns waste a second-round pick to bring him in because Hue convinces the FO to do so.  Browns draft Darnold #1 overall and Fitzpatrick at #4.  McCarron starts the season.   Eventually, he gets hurt, Kizer starts and after his first interception is yanked and replaced with Darnold because everyone wants to see the #1 pick play.  Darnold flounders because he's a rookie, he guts it out for a few games but eventually gets hurt and we're back to Kizer. Meanwhile, defense is playing lights out; Orchard and Garrett are putting pressure on opposing QBs, Peppers is allowed to join the game instead of hanging way back and him and Fitzpatrick rack up the interceptions. Kizer then starts clicking with the receivers and leads the Browns to the Super Bowl B)  

Is that wild enough?

1 hour ago, Browns1216 said:

My prediction: the trial does not go well for AJ McCarron and he becomes an RFA.  Browns waste a second-round pick to bring him in because Hue convinces the FO to do so.  Browns draft Darnold #1 overall and Fitzpatrick at #4.  McCarron starts the season.   Eventually, he gets hurt, Kizer starts and after his first interception is yanked and replaced with Darnold because everyone wants to see the #1 pick play.  Darnold flounders because he's a rookie, he guts it out for a few games but eventually gets hurt and we're back to Kizer. Meanwhile, defense is playing lights out; Orchard and Garrett are putting pressure on opposing QBs, Peppers is allowed to join the game instead of hanging way back and him and Fitzpatrick rack up the interceptions. Kizer then starts clicking with the receivers and leads the Browns to the Super Bowl B)  

Is that wild enough?

Yes....Vivid imagination!

2 hours ago, Browns1216 said:

Is that wild enough?

Kizer has about as much chance as you , or I do, of leading a team to the super bowl...

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Kizer has about as much chance as you , or I do, of leading a team to the super bowl...

We are talking about Madden, right?

I would (like to predict) when the Colts play the Patriots this fall one of the Colts linebackers will accidentally break McDaniel's leg. 

Other than that- Cousins to the Broncos. Bradford or Fitzpatrick as bridge QBs, with an outside chance the return of Helicopter McCown.

I predict 4-6 wins if Huey is not calling redzone plays or doing clock/TO management. Subtract 1 win for either and 3 wins if involved in both.

1. 4-6 win

2. 3-5 wins involved in either

3. 1-2 wins if he's doing both.

The guy is clueless on game day, but a very good motivator IMO. Just leave the coordinators alone to do their jobs.

27 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I could never understand why Peppers was defending in our end zone when the opposition had the ball 1st and 10 at their own 20 :)

It was part of that new Browns defensive strategy, "Bend before you break":P

Edit: It's easy to spot when they want it in full force. They take Garrett out and put in Orchard. Works perfect every time.:D

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Edit: It's easy to spot when they want it in full force. They take Garrett out and put in Orchard. Works perfect every time.:D

I have never been a fan of bend , but don't break defenses.. it's a conservative mentality that is destined to get exposed.. It "PREVENTED" Marty Schottenheimer from getting to the superbowl...  The only guy who really ran it with great success was Bill Arnsparger.. The creator of "Bend,don't break" Then it got sussed , rather easily...

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

In fairness Ag, I did notice other teams using that one deep safety a mile off the ball. Problem was Peppers is ill suited to play it. That was compounded by Williams having his corners play way off too. Tells me that he had no confidence they could play press man coverage.

6a00e55031d3a388340133ef220835970b.jpeg

Looking to get a PICK 6? :lol:  Hey it's not college anymore......hopefully he'll improve and live up to his draft pick potential next year.

Archived