THE BROWNS BOARD

We Ain’t Jumpin On No Stinking Bandwagon

alporcini

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s yeah great decades to be a BROWNS fan. 

1970's ???

The decade of the angry browns fan is what the 70's were:

Only once in that decade did the browns reach 10 wins.

Only twice did they make the playoffs.

But what really made browns fans angry:

Never won a game in Pittsburgh.

The once proud browns were routinely spanked by the Steelers,  then having to sit at home and watch the former doormats of the league win 4 Super Bowls.

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s yeah great decades to be a BROWNS fan. 

Add to those the 1990s, 2000s, & 2010s & on........STILL great decades to be a Browns' Fan, regardless of success. ALL years still filled with hope, loyalty, and love for those of us TRUE Browns' Fans. I have been a loyal, loving, & devoted Browns' Fan throughout every decade mentioned & will remain so until I'm gone from this world. Like my Children & Grandchildren, they can't get bad enough to make me quit on them.

Mike

8 hours ago, StinkHole said:

1970's ???

The once proud browns were routinely spanked by the Steelers,  then having to sit at home and watch the former doormats of the league win 4 Super Bowls.

The 70's were awesome. Ya things fell apart leaving the team bare boned in 74 and 75, which were by far the worst seasons ever for the franchise at that point, but then we became competitive again with Sipe and the games were fun again. Tons of great 70's memories. especially the five wins over the Steelers:

turkeyjones.jpg?w=426

Honestly, rooting for the Browns was a lot of fun from when I became a fan (1969) to the day it was announced Modell was moving the team in 95. The team wasn't always good, but here was a lot be passionate about.

So much so, that after 23 years of getting kicked in the gut ,many of still have that fire and that hope from what we experienced in those years. I feel bad for the young dudes that never experienced any of it ... but I am impressed with their perseverance.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

The 70's were awesome. Ya things fell apart leaving the team bare boned in 74 and 75, which were by far the worst seasons ever for the franchise at that point, but then we became competitive again with Sipe and the games were fun again. Tons of great 70's memories. especially the five wins over the Steelers:

turkeyjones.jpg?w=426

Honestly, rooting for the Browns was a lot of fun from when I became a fan (1969) to the day it was announced Modell was moving the team in 95. The team wasn't always good, but here was a lot be passionate about.

So much so, that after 23 years of getting kicked in the gut ,many of still have that fire and that hope from what we experienced in those years. I feel bad for the young dudes that never experienced any of it ... but I am impressed with their perseverance.

Zombo

Yes I also like to remember the Sipe years, also challenging but still had their moments, ALSO NO TEAM WINS EVERY YEAR! PIT, SF, DAL, NE, et.al. although the BROWNS  v2.0 version has been bad.

.........Drafted in the 13th round of the 1972 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns, Sipe spent the first two years of his career as a member of the team's reserve squad, seeing no action on the field.

In 1974, Sipe started four games after helping the Browns come back from a 12-point deficit against the Denver Broncos on October 27. However, after winning just one of the four contests (a 21-14 victory against the New England Patriots on November 11), he was replaced by Mike Phipps.

The team's disastrous 1975 season saw Sipe enter the starting lineup after three consecutive losses in which the Browns were outscored 124-26. Sipe's three starts reduced the margin of defeat for the squad, but still resulted in a trio of defeats, sending him back to the sidelines. The following year, he finally moved into a consistent starting role following an opening game injury to Phipps on September 12, 1976. As the team's signal caller that season, he led them to a 9-5 record, a six-game improvement over the previous season.

During the first half of the 1977 season, he led the team to five wins in their first seven games. However, on November 13 of that year, Sipe suffered a season-ending shoulder injury at Three Rivers Stadium against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second quarter of the team's 35-31 defeat. Sipe came back the following year to throw for more than 2,900 yards and 21 touchdown passes, but the team's overall inconsistency resulted in an 8-8 finish.

Serving as the catalyst for many thrilling moments during the 1979 and 1980 seasons, Sipe helped the team earn the nickname "Kardiac Kids." The designation was in recognition of their tendency to produce heart-stopping comeback victories in the final minutes of many games. Over the course of these two seasons, Sipe led the Browns to eight comebacks and eleven game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime........

11 hours ago, StinkHole said:

1970's ???

Yes....the occasional Browns fans is as ignorant of history as nearly every STeeler fan is. 

On 2/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, The Gipper said:

Yes....the occasional Browns fans is as ignorant of history as nearly every STeeler fan is. 

I remember the 1970s and into the 1980s as a very contentious period in the old pit vs CLE rivalries at the Ol' Muni with occasional fights in the parking lot, PA licence cars getting keyed having their radio antennas snapped off (remember those?).

Ahhhhh the good ol' days.....I guess. ;)

On 2/6/2018 at 9:37 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

So I missed the bandwagon and jumped on the septic removal wagon?:lol:

Ohhhh BROWNS v2.0 not good! :blink:

On 2/6/2018 at 9:37 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

So I missed the bandwagon and jumped on the septic removal wagon?:lol:

55 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Ohhhh BROWNS v2.0 not good! :blink:

I do believe they had a septic truck in the parade- I've yet to watch all of it, though I do have the YouTube link. 

DS37lD-V4AEE1VR.jpg

DS5NyO2XkAA-12t.jpg

Archived