THE BROWNS BOARD

Nice Article/Interview for Baker Mayfield Enthusiasts

Flugel

True - my concern though, is when Mayfield has to make a completion, and the window is narrow, as they are in the pros,

can he get it there with some serious quickness? I don't see the ball coming off his hands like Jackson or Allen. As they say, everybody in the NFL was a star in college. If Mayfield had to play behind a poor offensive line, etc... does anybody think he would have been winning so much, been so successful, so accurate? That question, not so much his height, makes me wonder how he will do in the pros.

Matt Leinart had the following completion percentages at USC:

A. Leinart played surrounded by excellent talent

B. He was said to be a good bit of a party boy. I imagine he may have had

a hottub in his room...

C. His wide receivers were wide open a lot of the time.

D. Wimpy vs dealing with adversity.

E. Did not love the game.

F. Didn't have a big arm. Seems he had a Mayfield-degree arm strength.

Meaning - intangibles, IMHSO, can be the difference to being a star, or a bust.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

My comments are...

you don’t like Baker because of Big 12, but like another Big 12 guy. 

Take from that what you will.

You continually continually continually fail to read and understand the simplest of the English language. See what I said just right above year I said I have questions about both of them because of the big 12 hello McFly is anybody homeYou continually continually continually fail to read and understand the simplest of the English language. See what I said just write up of year I said I have questions about both of them because of the big 12 hello McFly is anybody home

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You continually continually continually fail to read and understand the simplest of the English language. See what I said just right above year I said I have questions about both of them because of the big 12 hello McFly is anybody homeYou continually continually continually fail to read and understand the simplest of the English language. See what I said just write up of year I said I have questions about both of them because of the big 12 hello McFly is anybody home

You Sheet on Baker for being in the Big 12, then touted Rudolph. I really don’t care what you say to try and justify it. 

3 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

You Sheet on Baker for being in the Big 12, then touted Rudolph. I really don’t care what you say to try and justify it. 

Rain man is right. I don't know how many other ways I can say that I Sheet on both of them for the same reason. You just a goddamn dumbass apparently . I am not trained in special-education so honestly I don't know how to help you

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Rain man is right. I don't know how many other ways I can say that I Sheet on both of them for the same reason. You just a goddamn dumbass apparently . I am not trained in special-education so honestly I don't know how to help you

thumbsup.jpg

Just more ^ comments from PFF.  Cal's going to be disappointed Zebra Technology was charting velocity and RPMs of Mayfield and Allen at the Senior Bowl, and it's closer than you think. Now if you feel  you need a guy who can throw a Hail Mary from his own 30 yard line- Josh is your guy.  :)  

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-baker-mayfields-tape-numbers-say-he-should-be-no-1-overall-pick?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff

so, what? Mayfield throws harder, and Allen shows more touch on the ball? That's all you got? lol

whatever. I like Mayfield, too. I do believe Mayfield is more ready to start in the NFL.

but, Brandon Silvers is the hoorta hero. He threw for a completion percentage of 64.4%, so he'll be a star. He's taller than Mayfield, heavier than Mayfield, and he didn't have a star-studded cast of players around him...

Say, why not just draft him #1 overall, dammit?  He and his teammates in Troy beat LSU...so.... all aboard the Hoorta Silvers Hero High Percentage Train !

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/troys_brandon_silvers_looking.html

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/article_7b3f6b5c-e2c0-11e7-92d7-d339e67edacf.html

And here we go again.....a thread talking about a QB who isn't Josh Kizer....dammit...Deshone Allen......and here's Cal to slobber all over it with his man love for Allen.  We get it.    You're repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Gonna get you and Po a room so you two can sit and jerk each other off over your man loves for these two guys.

that's odd, markie, since flugels brought him in the other thread, and hoorta brought him up in this thread...so STFU.

Actually, I just posted my idea about Mike White, dumbass, so go read it, instead of bitch about it.

Here, I'll slow it down for you

I.....don't......see.....the ....big .....deal.....about......Mayfield......and.....not Mike.....White.

....I .....can ......see....not.....picking.....a ....qb....with....either...high....pick....in....the....first....round.

no, you won't find it - that would take some kahunas.

Here:

That's dumb. Kizer doesn't love the game, has no fire and only looks at one third of the field, on every play. It's all he can do. He has serious limitations that I don't see with Allen. I never once said he was a finished product. Aaron Rodgers wasn't a finished product. Your and hoorta's josh rosenbum isn't a top three - despite his glowing stats. He's a prick who doesn't fit the lockerroom or the community. And your Darnold guy - all those fumbles? how the heck hard is it to teach fundamentals to him? and the throwing motion - I've seen better throwing motions by shot putters.

" I'm actually wondering - I watched the State Farm college all-star competition, and rosenbum won the accuracy contest by two seconds. But on the long moving throws, he completely missed the target once, and hit the very bottom of the other one.

Mike White hit both - nailed both of them - hit the bullseye flat out on one. His two years at W. Kentucky - he had the very high completion percentages, very strong arm, can also run.  He's 6'4", 225 .....I don't see the great advantage of Mayfield over White - I wouldn't blame the Browns if they trade out of that top pick, draft Minkah, and later draft an immediate starter/dramatic impact player (not a qb), and draft Mike White with their first pick in the second round. White is really, really impressive.

after the combine, I won't be too surprised if he was gone in the late first round."

so, my next mock draft will have no qb with the top two picks, with a trade down and drafting Mike White at the top

of round two. If he is even there after the first round.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

that's odd, markie, since flugels brought him in the other thread, and hoorta brought him up in this thread...so STFU.

Actually, I just posted my idea about Mike White, dumbass, so go read it, instead of bitch about it.

Here, I'll slow it down for you

I.....don't......see.....the ....big .....deal.....about......Mayfield......and.....not Mike.....White.

....I .....can ......see....not.....picking.....a ....qb....with....either...high....pick....in....the....first....round.

no, you won't find it - that would take some kahunas.

Here:

That's dumb. Kizer doesn't love the game, has no fire and only looks at one third of the field, on every play. It's all he can do. He has serious limitations that I don't see with Allen. I never once said he was a finished product. Aaron Rodgers wasn't a finished product. Your and hoorta's josh rosenbum isn't a top three - despite his glowing stats. He's a prick who doesn't fit the lockerroom or the community. And your Darnold guy - all those fumbles? how the heck hard is it to teach fundamentals to him? and the throwing motion - I've seen better throwing motions by shot putters.

" I'm actually wondering - I watched the State Farm college all-star competition, and rosenbum won the accuracy contest by two seconds. But on the long moving throws, he completely missed the target once, and hit the very bottom of the other one.

Mike White hit both - nailed both of them - hit the bullseye flat out on one. His two years at W. Kentucky - he had the very high completion percentages, very strong arm, can also run.  He's 6'4", 225 .....I don't see the great advantage of Mayfield over White - I wouldn't blame the Browns if they trade out of that top pick, draft Minkah, and later draft an immediate starter/dramatic impact player (not a qb), and draft Mike White with their first pick in the second round. White is really, really impressive.

after the combine, I won't be too surprised if he was gone in the late first round."

So they are both shite

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

And here we go again.....a thread talking about a QB who isn't Josh Kizer....dammit...Deshone Allen......and here's Cal to slobber all over it with his man love for Allen.  We get it.    You're repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Gonna get you and Po a room so you two can sit and jerk each other off over your man loves for these two guys.

Exactly Mark. I dare even mention Allen in a Baker Mayfield thread and Cal has to start slobbering about his fave. AGAIN. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Exactly Mark. I dare even mention Allen in a Baker Mayfield thread and Cal has to start slobbering about his fave. AGAIN. 

It's becoming disturbing the man love Cal has for Allen and of course Po has already ruined his 2nd Barfley poster from jerking off to it.

not at all. But a few of you wannable alpha jerks can't stand to be disagreed with.

I have only RESPONDED to your bitching about allen. And AGAIN, I would probably

have Mayfield in my mock draft - unless the Browns signed a fa that would start ahead of Allen

for a year or two. I think Mayfield could actually start his rookie year. I think wittle markie and big bad

Hoopla need a safe space.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

not at all. But a few of you wannable alpha jerks can't stand to be disagreed with.

I have only RESPONDED to your bitching about allen. And AGAIN, I would probably

have Mayfield in my mock draft - unless the Browns signed a fa that would start ahead of Allen

for a year or two. I think Mayfield could actually start his rookie year. I think wittle markie and big bad

Hoopla need a safe space.

But you are the one who runs and whines to moderators like Mark and hoorta when your snowflake feelings get so, so hurt, cal...

You are the one who reverts to a three year old when people don't agree with you, referring to people as "wittle Markie" and "big bad Hoopla" and "Rosiebum" or whatever childish name you come up with the guy who dared disrespect your great Orange Overload. 

It has nothing to do with people being "alpha jerks" cal, it has to do with the fact that you are a childish brat. That's why people think you are a joke.  

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But you are the one who runs and whines to moderators like Mark and hoorta when your snowflake feelings get so, so hurt, cal...

You are the one who reverts to a three year old when people don't agree with you, referring to people as "wittle Markie" and "big bad Hoopla" and "Rosiebum" or whatever childish name you come up with the guy who dared disrespect your great Orange Overload. 

It has nothing to do with people being "alpha jerks" cal, it has to do with the fact that you are a childish brat. That's why people think you are a joke.  

If I had a dollar for every "someone has reported something" emails that I delete without reading,  I could pay off my house and never have to work again. 

20 minutes ago, Mark O said:

If I had a dollar for every "someone has reported something" emails that I delete without reading,  I could pay off my house and never have to work again. 

Seriously?   I can say that I have never sent you..or any of the other mods.. an email or a report on anyone ever. 

I always thought this forum was devoid of whiny little bitches.  (except for Steeler fans).  Am I wrong? 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Seriously?   I can say that I have never sent you..or any of the other mods.. an email or a report on anyone ever. 

I always thought this forum was devoid of whiny little bitches.  (except for Steeler fans).  Am I wrong? 

Yes you are wrong. 

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

it all started with te politics thing, carried over here long ago. Even threats of violence, and other posters who aren't liberal - with things like "I hope all your/their daughters get raped" etc. Nobody wants to be on this board with that happening - I just happen to be political on the conservative side and that is that. There is usually some fools who get enraged when they can't win all the time.

I quit talking about Allen, lol, and the hate toward allen in favor of rosenbum just kept on and on and on. I drink root beer, don't run with the crowd, I'm just having fun. Well, and stubborn to a fault - I stfu about Allen, and the childish other side kept right on bitching about any qb that wasn't their sexual fetish wishlist or something. Reminds me of ole Sheply - he hated when other posters didn't agree with him. OK - fine - maybe none of the rest of us on this board will talk about any qb that you don't like, and won't disagree with you few snowflakes anymore. Would that make you feel alike online dominant sombeitches? probably.

2 minutes ago, Clark W Griswold said:

I hate to get this cluster back on topic, but here's another interesting positive article on Mayfield-

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-baker-mayfields-tape-numbers-say-he-should-be-no-1-overall-pick

No offense, but I already beat you to it with that link Clark.  :)   If Mayfield was 2-3" taller, there wouldn't even be any debate....    

the tough thing to appraise is, Mayfield had the best offensive line? in all of college football. The film shows him often having

4-7 seconds to make the great throws he makes. It's just a question - how will he do when he's in the pros, and only has

2.5-3.5 seconds to make the throw? I don't know. But Mayfield seems like he could hit the ground running in the NFL, not seeing the other top qb's being able to do that.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

the tough thing to appraise is, Mayfield had the best offensive line? in all of college football. The film shows him often having

4-7 seconds to make the great throws he makes. It's just a question - how will he do when he's in the pros, and only has

2.5-3.5 seconds to make the throw? I don't know. But Mayfield seems like he could hit the ground running in the NFL, not seeing the other top qb's being able to do that.

I think his stats are great when he's pressured, but will that hold up when he's facing quick NFL pressure?  That's another thing I like about Mayfield- he has pretty good pocket presence and is mobile enough to get out of the way of a pass rush. Better in that regard than Josh Rosen, LOL.  A Paul McDonald statue he isn't.  I agree about the Oklahoma OL.  Wouldn't mind the Browns getting Orlando Brown. We may have to at #4 if Joe decides to retire. Him and McGlinchey won't make it to the second round. 

26 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I think his stats are great when he's pressured, but will that hold up when he's facing quick NFL pressure?  That's another thing I like about Mayfield- he has pretty good pocket presence and is mobile enough to get out of the way of a pass rush. Better in that regard than Josh Rosen, LOL.  A Paul McDonald statue he isn't.  I agree about the Oklahoma OL.  Wouldn't mind the Browns getting Orlando Brown. We may have to at #4 if Joe decides to retire. Him and McGlinchey won't make it to the second round. 

Mayfield must have amazing instincts for the game, to have been a walk-on, twice? That's some serious moxie. Brown may be an overreach for a LT. I think he may have a lack of lateral quick feet to handle speed rushers in the NFL for LT - RT, OG - just my dumb opinion..

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Mayfield must have amazing instincts for the game, to have been a walk-on, twice? That's some serious moxie. Brown may be an overreach for a LT. I think he may have a lack of lateral quick feet to handle speed rushers in the NFL for LT - RT, OG - just my dumb opinion..

:) are you mellowing to a Mayfield scenario Cal?  It's not even Combine time yet. Like I said, I'm not "locked in" yet. April 26th is still 70 days away, a lot can happen in the meantime. I've got my favorites, you have yours. 

I have been - it did occur to me that I was wondering about his immaturity, and then I realized that he was a walk-on, and ended up

winning the Heisman? He has had some dumb immature moments, but overall, he has a ton of maturity and make-up that defy

any "immature" label. His height could be a concern - except he's taller than Russel Wilson, and at least as tall as Drew Brees, so.

Going to be amazing to watch it all unfold.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I have been - it did occur to me that I was wondering about his immaturity, and then I realized that he was a walk-on, and ended up

winning the Heisman? He has had some dumb immature moments, but overall, he has a ton of maturity and make-up that defy

any "immature" label. His height could be a concern - except he's taller than Russel Wilson, and at least as tall as Drew Brees, so.

Going to be amazing to watch it all unfold.

The other thing that's in Baker's favor is the Bill Parcells yardstick. # of games as a college starter as a predictor of NFL success. Only Mayfield, Rudolph, and White (among the top 10 QB prospects) were 4 year starters in college....  

Not just walk on- he did it twice.  At Texas Tech, and Oklahoma- no small feat. For sure he doesn't lack confidence.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

The other thing that's in Baker's favor is the Bill Parcells yardstick. # of games as a college starter as a predictor of NFL success. Only Mayfield, Rudolph, and White (among the top 10 QB prospects) were 4 year starters in college....  

Not just walk on- he did it twice.  At Texas Tech, and Oklahoma- no small feat. For sure he doesn't lack confidence.  

I'm all in on the Baker Mayfield train  regardless or not , of all the JM comparisons.. I just love kids with that type of mentality and confidence.

Archived