RB Max Speeds first 2 days:
Kalen Ballage (ASU) – 19.42 MPH
Akrum Wadley (Iowa) – 19.3 MPH
Ito Smith (So. Miss.) – 19.17 MPH
Jaylen Samuels (NC State) – 19.5 MPH
Rashaad Penny (SDSU) – 18.61 MPH
Darrel Williams (LSU) – 17.7 MPH
Fastest RB in NFL in '17: L. Fournette - 22.05 MPH

Last year I thought Kamara out of  Tennessee I believe may have been a good choice for the Browns to take at RB in the mid rounds.  They didn't do it.  New Orleans did...and he lived up to my expectations.

Is this guy your Kamara?    What is he?  Mid round prospect?

39 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Last year I thought Kamara out of  Tennessee I believe may have been a good choice for the Browns to take at RB in the mid rounds.  They didn't do it.  New Orleans did...and he lived up to my expectations.

Is this guy your Kamara?    What is he?  Mid round prospect?

Kamara is that rare guy who is better/more impactful as a pro vs college player. Just depends on the situation you find yourself in. Kamara and Hunt both ended up in great situations for themselves. 

Gurley, Zeke, and Fournette top backs drafted past 3 seasons, they wouldn't have been as effective with teams like Cleveland or either NY team.

true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

Crowe would be that guy....but arsebarg Hue doesn't believe in running the ball close to the endzone.  Let's dial up some trick play.

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

If Huey is no longer calling redzone plays, then we have a better chance with a power back like other good red zone teams. The Titans never understood that with Henry, so now that coach is long gone too.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not only do the Browns need to find a power back to replace Crowell, they need to consider taking a RB who fits the Duke Johnson role, because he's a free agent after next season. 

I love this RB class. 

Pick the best on the board in R1 or wait for R2 or later pickups? (the new normal for RBs)

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Pick the best on the board in R1 or wait for R2 or later pickups? (the new normal for RBs)

There is no way I'd use the #1 or #4 overall pick on a RB.

I'd strongly consider taking one with one of the 2nds though. Duke is a free agent after this season, I'd be fine with taking another RB too...

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Duke is a free agent after this season, I'd be fine with taking another RB too...

I'd get use to Duke taking some of the money that Crow don't want. Dayes needs playing time but how can he sitting behind Duke.. we need to draft a Big time Banger.. see a lot of Dukes in this draft but we need a Fournette type

Scarbrough has never played a whole season for injuries.

Kalen Ballage is a big, powerful rb that runs a 4.4, played all sorts of positions in hs, and

is a terrific kid:

Now, watch this kid play - he nearly as fast as Barkley, but he is a power runner.

This kid must be a Cleveland Brown. I think his stock will go up. I think I could draft this

kid in the third ? round, and he would be an immediate impact player at rb.

There just has to be a pick for him in the Browns draft this coming year.

And wait til after the combine. Highlights from college:

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Is he your dark horse cal?

Yea, the senior bowl practice week has become a build up chat week of prospects. Fell into the trap so I turned the film on on Kalen. Lot of frame to grow into at 6'3" 230 but imo Arizona St. did him a favor coming off a good year as a Junior but this Katz stat line just is not impressive. Lot of carries just not a lot of production numbers..For the life of me I still can't find if he has a fumblitist issue with no numbers showing up, against not a great division for Defense..

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Big, bruising back with power in his lower body but lighter feet than you?d expect give his size. North-south runner effective in one and two-back sets. Strong cuts and a nice burst out of them makes him capable of breaking off big runs when the hole is available. Sets up defenders in the open field to cut away. Flashes some stop-start ability and shake in space that freezes oncoming defenders. Pushes piles with lower body strength. Can lower his pads for contact, churn through tackle attempts to become difficult to bring down due to second and third efforts. Wiggles and pushes through traffic inside to get the extra yard after it looks as though he?s stopped. Possesses a spin move to come off tackles at the second level, maintains balance to keep on moving or at least fall forward for an extra couple of yards. Uses a strong stiff arm in space, as well. Agile enough to jump over defenders trying to cut him down in the open field. Used in WildDawg formation in the red zone. Decent receiver out of the backfield.

WEAKNESSES

Taller back who presents a big target for defenders to hit, especially when failing to lower his pads going into the hole. Size also limits his breakaway speed and ability to create on his own if challenged by better front sevens.Sub par vision prevents him from seeing cut back lines and sees him running up the back of his lead blocker too often. Pass protection form is inconsistent, has size to handle rushers or at least push them around the pocket, but often moves his feet too slowly or tries to cut instead of setting to anchor. Holds the ball away from his body at times, though he doesn?t fumble very often.

yeah, I know about the production stuff - but he isn't bell - he is a high character guy who I think would have a better pro

career than in college. I don't know about the vision - not sure a power back has to have it that much. ? Rather than a 2nd round pick for bell, I could see drafting this kid - 3rd/4th/5th? round.

Scarbrough - though - here's what I read:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/12/28/16823916/2018-draft-scouting-profile-alabama-running-back-bo-scarbrough

Medicals and Character

Scarbrough served a four-game suspension as a freshman for the Tide, reportedly due to an NCAA issue related to amateurism. He also tore his ACL that season, the first of several major issues during his Alabama career. It wasn’t his first injured season, though, as he came to Alabama with a reputation of being both a freak athlete (and five-star prospect), and a high injury risk.

"Scarbrough has yet to play a full season of high school football. He broke his ankle in his freshman season, tore his ACL as a sophomore and suffered a high-ankle sprain last year. All three injuries cut his seasons short."

Scarbrough broke out after returning from that ACL tear, but was once again injured in 2016, this time during the National Championship game. Scarbrough was a beast in the game, but ended up breaking his leg and the Tide struggled after his departure. 2017 didn’t start off well, missing time with illness before soundly losing a large portion of his carries to Damien Harris. Scarbrough still saw decent production, but Nick Saban wisely limited his touches to maintain his health.

NOTE: I stand confused. The write you posted mentioned that size limits his breakaway speed...except he runs a 4.4 allegedly. Just confusing.

yes - he won't fly under the radar much later than that, I think.

If he was in the 4th round, by golly, -what a steal. I really think his character and work ethic would get him far in the pros, and he

has some serious ability as a power rb. Not perfect, or he'd go in the top half of the second round, even sneak into the first round then. I wonder how much running with a lower pad level can be coached. I ain't got no ideaer.

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

NOTE: I stand confused. The write you posted mentioned that size limits his breakaway speed...except he runs a 4.4 allegedly. Just confusing.

There is more than one route to a 4.4. Simplified they are:

• fast acceleration (burst) with lower top end, and
  • slower, but more sustained acceleration to a higher top end speed.

The fast accelerating, early speed RBs are the ones who "breakaway."

Archived