THE BROWNS BOARD

Just to piss everybody off

Westside Steve

36 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Thought it was going to today's stockmarket close...

Attention! Hijack alert

Ha. Just 4 days ago I was sitting in my broker's office shooting the shitt and I asked that he pull all my money out a week before the correction. He said well let's wait till the day before and you've got the rest of the week to make profits. 

:lol:

But I'll bet that all you guys who have been saying that the boom was due to Obama's policies now think Trump is in charge of the economy.

WSS

Hijack was successful. It's just a pullback and not a Trump bump. It's called hiking the interest rates and one of the reasons I bought a double interest rate ETF over a year ago. So far it had shown a loss, but I bought it like you do insurance. If interest rates go up, the ETF goes up. And in this case it goes up twice as fast as a normal interest rate tied ETF. If the economy flies as much as I think it will, then they have to put some dampers on inflation like upping the interest rates. Everything signals that this is what will happen. It's just a year later than I expected because I thought a Republican congress was going to be a lot quicker to pass the new tax law. Slackers!:D

BTW just for grins I figured out an example of how the 2018 fed. income tax tables work vs the 2017 tax tables if you are not itemizing and are married filing jointly with no dependents. The example I used was exactly $100,000 taxable income for both years. With those conditions you will pay about $2600 less in 2018 than you will this year.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hijack was successful. It's just a pullback and not a Trump bump. It's called hiking the interest rates and one of the reasons I bought a double interest rate ETF over a year ago. So far it had shown a loss, but I bought it like you do insurance. If interest rates go up, the ETF goes up. And in this case it goes up twice as fast as a normal interest rate tied ETF. If the economy flies as much as I think it will, then they have to put some dampers on inflation like upping the interest rates. Everything signals that this is what will happen. It's just a year later than I expected because I thought a Republican congress was going to be a lot quicker to pass the new tax law. Slackers!:D

BTW just for grins I figured out an example of how the 2018 fed. income tax tables work vs the 2017 tax tables if you are not itemizing and are married filing jointly with no dependents. The example I used was exactly $100,000 taxable income for both years. With those conditions you will pay about $2600 less in 2018 than you will this year.

10F2D8FF-C084-41A6-BDF4-9D1FF61CA7FC.jpeg

Archived