THE BROWNS BOARD

Chiefs Trade Alex Smith to the Skins

Mark O

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let's take this in reverse order. I hope you meant Payton's little brother Eli goober, because Payton was drafted by the Colts, and played for the Colts. The Chargers got a pretty good consolation prize in Phillip Rivers. 

When Kosar pulled that fast one to get drafted by the Browns- the NFL changed the rules. 

Elway was a much sought after baseball prospect- so he had that as leverage. 

Three times it's happened in 35 years. Unlikely to happen again, with the current interview & private workouts. We'll know way before the draft if a player doesn't want to play for us.  LOL what ya gonna do if Barkley tells everyone- I'd rather not play in Cleveland? 

Some people just get confused with the facts. :lol:

.......but Bernie was one of the best snooker deals in NFL history, oh yeah to play for his boyhood favorite team, the team he loved to root for the Cleveland BROWNS. So I guess you can throw out a lot of the other things like "do you want to play in Cleveland". ;)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFF called them up and asked them to draft him, so yeah some players do.

By the way....not to be saying Beetlejuice 3 times....JFF was in the news.  It was just announce yesterday that he and the Tiger Cats  could not reach a deal by an imposed Jan. 31 deadline:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/01/31/johnny-manziel-remains-unsigned-cfl-hamilton-tiger-cats-deadline-passes/1085518001/

First....it seems to me that this deadline was completely arbitrary.....set up by JMZ's agent.  Why the deadline?

Also...it seems like the money they were talking about wanting was like 500K.    Not a lot in NFL terms...not sure about CFL terms.  And though it was a "deadline"....they don't start CFL training camps until May....so they can still work it out.

I just don't know JFF would want to set such an arbitrary deadline....WTF does he think?  That some NFL team will be knocking on his door?   GUFFAWW!

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

JFF called them up and asked them to draft him, so yeah some players do.

By the way....not to be saying Beetlejuice 3 times....JFF was in the news.  It was just announce yesterday that he and the Tiger Cats  could not reach a deal by an imposed Jan. 31 deadline:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/01/31/johnny-manziel-remains-unsigned-cfl-hamilton-tiger-cats-deadline-passes/1085518001/

First....it seems to me that this deadline was completely arbitrary.....set up by JMZ's agent.  Why the deadline?

Also...it seems like the money they were talking about wanting was like 500K.    Not a lot in NFL terms...not sure about CFL terms.  And though it was a "deadline"....they don't start CFL training camps until May....so they can still work it out.

I just don't know JFF would want to set such an arbitrary deadline....WTF does he think?  That some NFL team will be knocking on his door?   GUFFAWW!

I'm pretty sure 500K is a pretty nice chunk of change in the CFL... From what I saw on the Interwebs, the minimum salary for a CFL player is $41,000 a year, and all CFL teams operate on a $4.2 mill salary cap for their entire roster.

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm pretty sure 500K is a pretty nice chunk of change in the CFL... From what I saw on the Interwebs, the minimum salary for a CFL player is $41,000 a year, and all CFL teams operate on a $4.2 mill salary cap for their entire roster.

Well....I think that is what JFF was wanting.....not what the Tiger Cats were offering. Read the link...but I don't think it says how far off they were.

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They...the Browns....and a lot of us bought into the hype.

The shame of it is that he really did have a great arm, the ability to find receivers, etc. but he wanted to party more than he wanted to take that basic ability and refine it into being an NFL QB. That Heisman was not an accident, nor was that win over Bama in Tuscaloosa of all places. He showed more ability to place the long pass right into receivers and over defenders and through to multiple players in that game and many others during that two years. The "Mike Evans made him" story was a myth. You can look up the stats and try to argue that case, but you will only find a case for him as a primary and multiple receivers that add a significant majority of the yards/TDs. JF was just too into substances to take his talents and fine tune them. One of those great American tragedies.

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

One of those great American tragedies.

I think most see it as....... One of those totally forgotten American tragedies. ;) 

BILLY LIVES!!!!

Nothing says "I've changed" like holding out for an oversized contract???

You'd think he'd play for free just to get back into organized ball...

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

BILLY LIVES!!!!

Nothing says "I've changed" like holding out for an oversized contract???

You'd think he'd play for free just to get back into organized ball...

It's called "agents" Tour. You know that. Sooner or later the contract gets signed. If they are smart Hamilton puts all kinds of qualifiers on it for relapse.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's called "agents" Tour. You know that. Sooner or later the contract gets signed. If they are smart Hamilton puts all kinds of qualifiers on it for relapse.

1. He has an agent?
  2. Agents never do what their Players tell them?

46 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. He has an agent?

they probably actually figure that they have until May to get a deal done.  Despite everything that he has done (and not done)   JMZ ...and his agent figure that he has 'star name power".    Which he probably does....for right and wrong reasons.  

I mean, face it:  he WOULD be the biggest name in the CFL.  He WOULD bring a lot of new eyeballs to CFL games...and maybe put a lot of butts in seats.  They would probably put a CFL Channel all over Texas.  I suspect he wants paid just for that publicity...if for nothing else.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Johnny Football is trying to get signed by the Broadway play Hamilton?

Color me shocked!

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. He has an agent?

Yep-old article, but he's back with him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sports/news/johnny-manziel-johnny-football-nfl-draft-2014-agent-select-sports-group-twitter-video/3mbfz4nir0511uct9k0tg74ee

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Johnny Football is trying to get signed by the Broadway play Hamilton?

Color me shocked!

OK so what's the punchline? Oh that is the punchline. :blink:

Will we ever live down the first round, never pick a Heisman QB winner, Johnny Football legacy? 

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

OK so what's the punchline? Oh that is the punchline. :blink:

Will we ever live down the first round, never pick a Heisman QB winner, Johnny Football legacy? 

Only reason I'm scared of Mayfield... 

Archived