Chiefs Trade Alex Smith to the Skins

Mark O

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, syd said:

he Shmucking implied it 

He's absolutely correct.

None of us would have a problem with what he said if he had, let's say, said the same thing in the 90s when the Bengals had the #1 overall pick.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

LMAO. ROTFLMAO.........

"'DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING" .....Classic....fukcing classic.

This franchise speacializes in wasting first round picks, getting beat to the punch in FA.....but but but......we are building for the fukcking FUTURE.........We are amassing assets.....ASSETS I TELL YOU.......AAAAAAASSSSSSETTTTTS.

We didn't get "beat to the punch" Tom. If you listened to Smith's interview with Dan Patrick, you sure could imply he wanted no part of the Browns. Can you blame him? & Kansas City respected his wishes as to where he was traded to. Until we start winning guys like Smith (and Cousins) will look elsewhere for employment. I don't doubt the Browns had the best offer on the table for Smith- and when Cousins hits free agency March 15, you can about bet the ranch he'll take less money to play anywhere but Cleveland. As I said earlier, it sucks to suck. 

Am I the only person who is having a hard time swallowing the idea that the Browns suck so bad that teams are refusing to send their players to Cleveland out of respect for the players they are trying to trade, even when the Browns make the best offer?

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Am I the only person who is having a hard time swallowing the idea that the Browns suck so bad that teams are refusing to send their players to Cleveland out of respect for the players they are trying to trade, even when the Browns make the best offer?

Nope, you're not alone....... a new level of embarrassment. 

43 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

A 3rd and a starting corner for a 34 year old QB with one year left on his contract, the Skins will be begging the drunk to come back soon enough 

John Riggins? 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are in good company. Most of you asssholes actually think Cleveland is a great town, a great franchise and a desirable place to play football.

Dude, for the love of God, how many times to you have to get kicked in your caulk to wake up. For fukcs sake bro..............Myles Garrett made a fukcking video BEGGING another team to rescue him from the Browns...................Are you a fukcing moron? You come in here and ask and ayusshole question about having a hard time sawllowing this?

Dude, WTF is hard to swallow for you? Garappolo (sp) didn't want to come here, Garrett, at least one of the top QBs coming into the draft, And SMith, and for sure Cousin..........WTF is so hard for you to believe about the obvious? How fukcing stupid are you?

NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND wants to play in Cleveland. 

To top it off, you have a fukcking owner who hires a new GM..................with the stipulation that he has to accept the owners choice for HC? REALLY..............NO SCHIDT? HONESTLY................................you think this is normal? You think this is a way of doing business that impresses others?

Honesty to god, Browns fans have to be the dumbest sonofabitches on earth.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

We didn't get "beat to the punch" Tom. If you listened to Smith's interview with Dan Patrick, you sure could imply he wanted no part of the Browns. Can you blame him? & Kansas City respected his wishes as to where he was traded to. Until we start winning guys like Smith (and Cousins) will look elsewhere for employment. I don't doubt the Browns had the best offer on the table for Smith- and when Cousins hits free agency March 15, you can about bet the ranch he'll take less money to play anywhere but Cleveland. As I said earlier, it sucks to suck. 

Larry, semantics. It is the same thing. THe Browns got their ayusses kickd again. But hey, keep drafting Myles Garret and fumble fingers Coleslaw.That's a sure fire way to keep interest in this team non existent.

It isn't that the Browns suck, it is that the franchise is the worst in the history of the NFL.

Larry....................they shoot horses, don't they? It is time to force the team to GTFO of Cleveland. Enough already.

2 hours ago, syd said:

thing is collage players really do not have a choice free agents do 

Tell that to Elway, Kosar, Peyton.

Look, we have a new GM in charge.  No more Snooty Shash letting our better players walk and reloading with wet behind the ears kids.

Dorsey has got his work cut out for him.  We're in a deep hole (a black hole, in space talk...where players go to disintegrate).  He, somehow, has to lure some free agents here.  Fortunately he has SOME credibility.  And the coordinators are 'name' guys.

No, he's not gonna draw a Cousins into the fold.  Cousins is old enough to not want to spend YEARS on a team that's trying to pull itself off the mat.  We need someone like McCown....to help mentor our shiney, new #1 overall QB of the future.

As syd mentioned, we're gonna have to build through the draft (which is what we've been hearing all along)....but we can't keep drafting poorly.  And that's why Dorsey was brought in (and the Think Tank has been tanked).

We can spend the rest of the winter trashing the Browns and saying they should be moved away.  Or we can understand that our NEW man in charge hasn't phucked up anything yet.  We can have some optimism that he might actually be the right guy and will bring in 'real' football players.  -  One of those options is depressing and one is uplifting.  Take your pick!

Go Dorsey!

Larry, semantics. It is the same thing. THe Browns got their ayusses kickd again. But hey, keep drafting Myles Garret and fumble fingers Coleslaw.That's a sure fire way to keep interest in this team non existent.

It isn't that the Browns suck, it is that the franchise is the worst in the history of the NFL.

Larry....................they shoot horses, don't they? It is time to force the team to GTFO of Cleveland. Enough already.

It's not semantics- if the Browns had wanted Smith badly enough- they could have made the Chiefs an offer so outrageous, they would have been fools for not taking it- and the Browns would have been fools for offering it for a soon to be 34 year old QB. 

Kansas City decided a third round pick + a player was fair market value for Alex. Reports are the Browns offered "multiple picks". Our third round pick alone is 13 slots higher than what they got from Washington, and there were others on top of it. Sure it would have been nice to get Smith- but not to the point of being stupid about it.   

Tell that to Elway, Kosar, Peyton.

Let's take this in reverse order. I hope you meant Payton's little brother Eli goober, because Payton was drafted by the Colts, and played for the Colts. The Chargers got a pretty good consolation prize in Phillip Rivers. 

When Kosar pulled that fast one to get drafted by the Browns- the NFL changed the rules. 

Elway was a much sought after baseball prospect- so he had that as leverage. 

Three times it's happened in 35 years. Unlikely to happen again, with the current interview & private workouts. We'll know way before the draft if a player doesn't want to play for us.  LOL what ya gonna do if Barkley tells everyone- I'd rather not play in Cleveland? 

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Do you imagine anyone really wants to play in Cleveland? Really?

JFF called them up and asked them to draft him, so yeah some players do. And Darnold hasn't been negative on the idea. Some are smart enough to know the money is better for the #1 overall. Garrett quickly denied the pleading to Jerrah was anything more than a joke with the team that was mere blocks from where he grew up and played. And he still says he wants to be part of the Browns turnaround.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:59 PM, Orion said:

Seriously, what 'valued' veteran QB in their right mind would WANT to come to the Browns?  We're 1-31....and we KEPT the coach that got us there.

We really have only the draft option.......and/or a Josh McCown type.

I agree.  It appears we are looking at drafting a QB and having to wait at least two seasons for the fruits of the draft.  Cleveland just isn't lucky at the QB position and cannot land that quality sleeper QB, like Prescott in Dallas, that will be successful.  It appears the Browns will be forced to stick with it's "veteran" QB Kizer for as long as Hue is in Cleveland then Kizer will be the starting QB.  May be the Browns can spend some of the salary cap $$$$ on some quality play makers in the receiving corp.  In either case I don't expect a turn around season this year but I'd be happy with 2 to 4 wins.      

5 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

I agree.  It appears we are looking at drafting a QB and having to wait at least two seasons for the fruits of the draft.  Cleveland just isn't lucky at the QB position and cannot land that quality sleeper QB, like Prescott in Dallas, that will be successful.  It appears the Browns will be forced to stick with it's "veteran" QB Kizer for as long as Hue is in Cleveland then Kizer will be the starting QB.  May be the Browns can spend some of the salary cap $$$$ on some quality play makers in the receiving corp.  In either case I don't expect a turn around season this year but I'd be happy with 2 to 4 wins.      

10-16 wins will make us happy.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

JFF called them up and asked them to draft him.....

That didn't exactly help your argument ;)  

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Again...I think that people are missing a potential nuance concerning the  Chiefs/Redskins deal.   The deal, to me had 3 parts:

A. Chiefs wanted a reasonably high draft pick

B. Chiefs wanted a good player.

C. Washington wanted somewhat long term stability.

So, what happened?   Chiefs said:  give us your #3, and one of the Top Ten rated CBs in the league from this last year (that was a PFF stat that I read about above).  Redskins said:  It is a CONDITION of us trading that package to you that Smith agree to a longer term deal with us.  Without the agreement on that long term deal....we withdraw our offer of a 3rd rounder and a fairly top notch DB. 

So...what could the Browns NOT offer:   a fairly top notch DB to go along with the trade.....nor could they elicit an agreement that Smith sign a longer term deal with them.   The Browns don't have a DB to offer them, nor would Smith agree to a long term contract with the Browns. 

You can say all you want about Smith having no control in this trade.....but he does have control over who he signs with long term.  

And the Browns are not stupid enough to want to trade like a first rounder or even the #33 for a guy they really had no interest in keeping long term. 

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

JFF called them up and asked them to draft him, so yeah some players do.

Oy! And we were far worse when he left than when he arrived...

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

That didn't exactly help your argument ;)  

No winky needed...

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

JFF called them up and asked them to draft him, so yeah some players do. And Darnold hasn't been negative on the idea. Some are smart enough to know the money is better for the #1 overall. Garrett quickly denied the pleading to Jerrah was anything more than a joke with the team that was mere blocks from where he grew up and played. And he still says he wants to be part of the Browns turnaround.

He called the homeless guy via the Salvation Army, who related it to Haslam.

Archived