Bob806: 8-7-1

PoeticG: 13-3

Coyote: 5-11

mjp28: 7-9

The Gipper: 7-9

gumby73: 4-11-1

Tour2ma: 6-10

Mudfly: 5-11

Answer: The Cleveland Browns, one year after finishing with their worst record in team history, actually one-upped themselves and went down in infamy in '17 by going 0-16.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: It's sad when 4-12 predictions are wildly optimistic, but alas, this is where we are. Flyin J and Dutch share the tasty victory.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Color me shocked and/or awed, but the inaugural winner of a Dutch's Browns Question 'Big Dummy Award' goes to Mr. Man-Crush on Crazy Kev Hogan himself: PoG! Just 13 victories off the pace, buddy!

2. Bengals record?

Flyin J: 9-7

Dutch Oven: 9-7

jcam222: 8-8

Bob806: 8-8

PoeticG: 7-9

Coyote: 9-7

mjp28: 8-8

The Gipper: 5-11

gumby73: 7-8-1

Mudfly: 4-12

Answer: The River City Kitties were nearly eliminated from playoff contention as soon as the season started by opening up 0-3, but played better down the stretch to make their season respectable, and actually knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs with a season finale win in Baltimore. In what was almost Marvin Lewis's last season as the head coach for the Bengals (he eventually signed a two year extension) Cincinnati finished 7-9.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Of the 11 posters brave enough to answer these questions, 8 thought this was a .500 team, give or take one game - and that's what we got. In a stunning reversal of fortune, PoG picks himself off the canvas for the win!

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... No one really made a really goofy prediction, but Mudfly (where did he go?) was three games off.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

1. Browns record?

Flyin J: 4-12

Dutch Oven: 4-12

jcam222: 7-9

Answer: The Cleveland Browns, one year after finishing with their worst record in team history, actually one-upped themselves and went down in infamy in '17 by going 0-16.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: It's sad when 4-12 predictions are wildly optimistic, but alas, this is where we are. Flyin J and Dutch share the tasty victory.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Color me shocked and/or awed, but the inaugural winner of a Dutch's Browns Question 'Big Dummy Award' goes to Mr. Man-Crush on Crazy Kev Hogan himself: PoG! Just 13 victories off the pace, buddy!

3- 13

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

1. Browns record?

Flyin J: 4-12

Dutch Oven: 4-12

jcam222: 7-9

I didn't officially pronounce, but would have gone 3-6 wins. 

This is the longest broadcast I've ever seen. Is taking hours to Dutch to deliver all the rankings! :D

6 hours ago, mjp28 said:

And gumby73 cinci  7-8-1 was so close!

them damn local Bengal zebras:P..4 mins. left in 4th. were down 7 & on 3rd &5..Peppers gets worst U.Roughness call of season :(..that was my Browns tie also..ok,now am over it  

6 hours ago, Nero said:

This is the longest broadcast I've ever seen. Is taking hours to Dutch to deliver all the rankings! :D

I'm posting two a day leading up to the Super Bowl... I used to post one a day, each on an individual post, on the other board mjp and I came from.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm posting two a day leading up to the Super Bowl... I used to post one a day, each on an individual post, on the other board mjp and I came from.

And you do it in the short attention span era we live in... We know that you won already, lol. And that nobody is going to top PoG saying that the Browns would win the Superbowl... And ended up 0-16.

43 minutes ago, Nero said:

And you do it in the short attention span era we live in... We know that you won already, lol. And that nobody is going to top PoG saying that the Browns would win the Superbowl... And ended up 0-16.

And that is the best part of it, a little suspense about the whole thing......besides we're all too lazy to go and tally it up ourselves! :lol:

3. Ravens record?

Flyin J: 6-10

Dutch Oven: 8-8

jcam222: 6-10

Bob806: 7-9

PoeticG: 9-7

Coyote: 7-9

gumby73: 7-9

Tour2ma: 8-8

Mudfly: 6-10

Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went 9-7 in 2017, losing out on a playoff spot with a season finale loss to the Bengals.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The Ravens actually outplayed most of our predictions, as 10 of 11 of us figured them for a middling 6-8 win team. PoG correctly predicted a 9-7 season for the Ravens.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Again, nobody was insanely off, but somebody has to lose, and those somebodies are jcam222 and Mudfly.

4. Steelers record?

Flyin J: 11-5

Dutch Oven: 11-5

jcam222: 9-7

Bob806: 10-6

PoeticG: 10-6

Coyote: 11-5

The Gipper: 10-6

gumby73: 11-5

Tour2ma: 11-5

Mudfly: 10-6

Answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers, longtime admired by people who look like extras from the movie Deliverance and smell of stale beer, cigarette butts and incest, went an impressive 13-3 in 2017. They would quickly exit the playoffs, though, with a tough 45-42 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Almost universally picked to win 10 or 11 games, they exceeded our expectations (and hopes, and prayers). With Roethlisberger wrapping up his 14th season, you have to wonder how much gas is in the tank. LeVeon Bell is most likely bolting come free agency, and arguably the Steelers best defensive player may never play again. You have to wonder if their title window is getting close to being shut. gumby, Tour, Coyote, Dutch and Flyin J all share in the sweet embrace of victory.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... As much as I like your optimism mjp, sadly you were not right!

23 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

4. Steelers record?

Answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers, longtime admired by people who look like extras from the movie Deliverance and smell of stale beer, cigarette butts and incest, went an impressive :rolleyes:

gumby, Tour, Coyote, Dutch and Flyin J all share in the sweet embrace of 

screw the 5 piece trophy pose..Dutch & his 4 piece Steeler fan description wins..LMAO!!  

5. How many points do the Browns score in '17? How many do they allow?

Flyin J: 312, 365

Dutch Oven: 288, 327

jcam222: 272, 224

Bob806: 331, 307

PoeticG: 270, 117

Coyote: 272, 302

mjp28: 320, 299

The Gipper: 320, 300

gumby73: 263, 297

Tour2ma: 295, 323

Mudfly: 316, 412

Answer: The Browns scored a whopping 234 points in 2017 (14.6/game), while giving up 410 points (25.6).

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Whoa. While none of us were expecting the 2000 Rams on offense, our pedestrian offensive predictions look absolutely Pollyannish... Our predictions for the defense were more optimistic, which makes them even more laughable! :lol: Honestly, no one deserves to win this question based on both parts of the question, so let's compromise and award co-winners: gumby wins for his offensive prediction, Mudfly wins for his almost nailed it defensive prediction.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... In a category where almost everyone was laughably wrong both ways, PoG needs to be lauded for quite possibly the most comical prediction I've ever seen. That's right, he predicted the Browns to give up an average of 7.3 points a game. Just 293 points shy, buddy!

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Kizer throw for?

Flyin J: 3200, 15, 13

Dutch Oven: 2500, 12, 12

jcam222: 3640, 22, 12

Bob860: 2800, 22, 17

PoeticG: sigh

Coyote: 3450, 15, 16

mjp28: 3200, 22, 15

The Gipper: 2800, 20, 12

gumby73: 1287, 15, 13

Tour2ma: 3553, 27, 19

Mudfly: 3260, 18, 12

Answer: Rookie DeShone Kizer started 15 of 16 games, throwing for 2894 yards, with 11 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Who would have thought that taking a QB that EVERYONE thought was raw and needed to be brought along slowly and starting him from Day 1 would have resulted in this? :lol: Honestly, no one came close on this one.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... While we all did our damnest to win this, one person gave a little more to the cause. PoG, surprisingly enough, just jotted down something along the lines of Kizer 5, Kessler 4, Hogan 27. More impressive than his inability to follow directions is what I'm taking to mean that he was predicting Hogan to pass for 27 touchdowns.

Sometimes stats don't lie. What an impressively poor season these reflect. 

It will be interesting to see if the stats that predict average to below average pro for both Josh Allen and Barkley hold up in the next few years.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Who would have thought that taking a QB that EVERYONE thought was raw and needed to be brought along slowly and starting him from Day 1 would have resulted in this? :lol: Honestly, no one came close on this one.

What do you mean no one came close.

Both Bob and I predicted 2800 yards...and he threw for 2894.   So we were close at least on the yardage part. 

Well collectively  bob and the gip came somewhat close on yards, tour on the Int and the always modest and somewhat  shy Dutch Oven almost nailed the tds. :lol:

7. How many yards and TDs does Isaiah Crowell run for?

Flyin J: 920, 6

Dutch Oven: 1075, 8

jcam222: 1025, 9

Bob806: 1253, 9

PoeticG: 1114, ?

Coyote: 1123, 11

mjp28: 1776, 15

The Gipper: 1250. 12

gumby73: 1085, 11

Tour2ma: 985, 9

Mudfly: 1150, 9

Answer: Crowell, possibly in his last season with the Browns, ran for 853 yards (4.1yds/carry) and 2 touchdowns. Other notable Browns rushers: D. Johnson 348yds/4.2avg/4td, D. Kizer 419yds/5.4avg/5td.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Looking at the predictions, it might appear that he had a disappointing season (especially considering he didn't miss any time due to injuries), but he had a solid season, but once again the Browns were unable - or unwilling - to commit to the run game. We all are aware of Hue's interesting play-calling in the redzone. Flyin J for the win.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... If he averaged 3-5 more carries a game, he probably gets really close to what everyone predicted yard wise. If Hue didn't enjoy watching Kizer self-destruct in the red zone (and throw some of the ugliest fade patterns in modern NFL history) perhaps Crowell adds a few more TDs. If all that happened, and Crowell did mass amounts of PEDs and didn't get caught, plus obtained super powers, he might have got close to mjp's prediction. :lol: Consolation prize goes to... wait for it... PoG for not completely answering yet another question. Hooray!

8. Who is the leading Browns receiver, and how many receptions and yards does he have?

Flyin J: Coleman, 56, 820

Dutch Oven: Johnson, 62, 595

jcam222: Coleman 77, 1020

Bob806: Coleman 66, ?

PoeticG: Gordon ?, 999

Coyote: Coleman 61, 822

mjp28: Coleman 15, 1598

The Gipper: Coleman 77, 999

gumby73: Coleman 62, 940

Tour2ma: Coleman 100, 1095

Mudfly: Britt 62, 780

Answer: Duke Johnson lead the Browns with 74 receptions, for 693 yards (and 3 TD). Other notables: DeValve 33/395, Njoku 32/386, Crowell 28/182, Louis 27/357, Higgins 27/312, Coleman 23/305, Gordon 18/335.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I was somewhat surprised so many people picked Mr. Glass, who once again missed a big chunk of the season with a hand injury, only to personally ensure the 0-16 parade with a 4th down drop in the season finale in Pittsburgh. Duke Johnson easily lapped the field, giving Dutch the victory.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The possibilities are endless! There's the Coleman contigency, especially a certain someone who (I hope) goofed up by predicting Coleman averaging an impressive 106.5 yards per reception (not only would this be a record, but impossible on a NFL field) :lol: or a few others who didn't complete the answer fully, including guess who!, but I'm going to give it to Mudfly, because Kenny Britt, that's why.

Just now, jcam222 said:

This is a cool thread. Definitely hoping for a 2018 followup

• OK my first answer 0-16..... :lol:

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Duke Johnson easily lapped the field, giving Dutch the victory.

For some reason "half-lapped" seems more appropriate...

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Gone by end of 8th game.;)

That's what I thought in 2016 and 2017 but injuries and crappy plays derailed that. Seriously though with a good or great draft they should win a few this year.....despite a rather tough schedule. 

9. How many sacks does Garrett get?

Flyin J: 8

Dutch Oven: 8

jcam222: 8.5

Bob806: 10

PoeticG: 7

Coyote: 6

mjp28: 12.5

The Gipper: 8

gumby73: 8

Tour2ma: 10

Mudfly: 7

Answer: #1 overall pick Myles Garrett battled injuries during his rookie season, but in the 10 games he appeared in he had 7 sacks. The Browns had 34 as a team.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: A hotly-contested question, virtually everyone was in contention. Sadly, his best play was negated in the Bears game by a teammate lining up five yards oddsides.:angry: Still, Garrett showed some real promise. PoG and Mudfly share this tasty treat.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... In a shocking turn of events, this award goes to Ghoolie, whose fetish for homosexual Zumba instructors (and I guess him imagining Garrett in tights teaching a class for him only?) has entertained no one all season long. 

10. The Browns have their and the Texans first round picks in the '18 NFL Draft. What spots will those picks be at?

Flyin J: 3, 17

Dutch Oven: 4, 19

jcam222: 4, 20

Bob806: 17, 24

PoeticG: 8, 32

Coyote: 9, 17

mjp28: 9, 18

The Gipper: 14, 20

gumby73: 5, 19

Tour2ma: 12, 22

Mudfly: 8, 18

Answer: The Browns find themselves in an once in a lifetime situation - with the #1 overall pick via their own hard work and diligence, and #4 overall via the Texans and them falling apart after DeShaun Watson's season-ending injury.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Honestly I went into this season thinking that the Browns pick was pretty much a given to be in the top 5, and hoping the Texans would not qualify for the playoffs to keep that pick in the #15-20 range. I would have happily taken something along the lines of #3 and #17... #1 and #4? IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS IN APRIL, YO! No one was even in the same zip code on this question.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Since no one was close to winning, that means we all were in the running for this ignominious award. PoG proves, of course, how much better of a Browns fan he is over everyone else here by picking a team coming off a 1-15 season to win the Super Bowl. How adorable.  

Archived