THE BROWNS BOARD

Indians To Stop Using Chief Wahoo Logo In Their Uniforms in 2019

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Pathetic beyond words.

I’m a millennial. Don’t understand how this is pathetic. Could you elaborate? With logic, not emotional sentiments. 

Btw, I’m a conservative, and Trump supporter and believe we are way too PC. Even still, I don’t see a logical argument against getting rid of Chief Wahoo

29 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I’m a millennial. Don’t understand how this is pathetic. Could you elaborate? With logic, not emotional sentiments. 

Btw, I’m a conservative, and Trump supporter and believe we are way too PC. Even still, I don’t see a logical argument against getting rid of Chief Wahoo

Your a 'millennial' nuff said.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Your a 'millennial' nuff said.

See, you’re further proving my point. “You’re a millennial” is not a logical argument against this. You’re just a grumpy old man. Prove otherwise, or you’re just playing identity politics. You’re better than this.

You won’t give me a logical response, because there is none.

First the Browns are forced to take the logo off their helmets, and now THIS?

7 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Don't say you believe we are way too PC and support this. Here's a logical argument: he's been the Indians logo since 1928 and the fans love him. 

Now, without making a PC and yes, quite millennial, argument, tell us why it should be done. 

7 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Don't say you believe we are way too PC and support this. Here's a logical argument: he's been the Indians logo since 1928 and the fans love him. 

Now, without making a PC and yes, quite millennial, argument, tell us why it should be done. 

It should be done because the Cleveland Indians organization wanted it to be done. It wasn’t the government telling them what to do, it was a business decision made by the owners. End of discussion.

Clearly not all fans loved it. If all fans loved it, it would’ve stayed. The owners deemed it more profitable to get rid of it, because there were enough fans that didn’t like it. Simple business decision. That’s how you run a business that stays afloat.

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I don't need to give you Sheet.  Pocohantas.

Because you don’t have a logical response. You’re playing identity politics. It’s ok to admit that.

1 minute ago, LionOfBuddha said:

It should be done because the Cleveland Indians organization wanted it to be done. It wasn’t the government telling them what to do, it was a business decision made by the owners. End of discussion.

Clearly not all fans loved it. If all fans loved it, it would’ve stayed. The owners deemed it more profitable to get rid of it, because there were enough fans that didn’t like it. Simple business decision. That’s how you run a business that stays afloat.

So the guy who thinks we're too PC doesn't think it's stupid to pander to the people who are too PC. That's the "logical response." Got it. 

9 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So the guy who thinks we're too PC doesn't think it's stupid to pander to the people who are too PC. That's the "logical response." Got it. 

When did I ever say you’re too PC? I said America is too PC.

There is a distinct difference. Take for example the new lawsuit  “Walmart is racist” because they lock up the black hair care products due to theft. There is a hard line reason to keep the black hair products locked up. If Walmart caves and takes the locks off, THAT’S pandering to PC people. There is no hard line reason to keep Chief Wahoo. 

I remember seeing this going to the games as a kid in the late 1950s and 1960s,  it will never be totally phased out.

2202669310_d9859a6ae3_b.jpg

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

The way I see it....the guys who don't want it gone don't really give a rat's arse about the logo itself.  They are just upset that perhaps political correctness has taken hold to extinguish a racial stereotype. 

Which means either:  A. they like that it is racially insensitive...or B.  they don't care if it is or isn't....they just want to maintain it so that "PC culture" or some nonsense does not prevail.

Hardly anyone here has lived as long as I have with Chief Wahoo...and I have and do own numeous articles of paraphenalia with that logo on it...including hats, shirts, jackets etc.  No one here practically has had as long a term attachment to it.   

But, it is not that big of a deal to me if it is gone.  It is...when it comes down to it....just a marketing gimmick.  And marketing gimmicks come and go...and if this one goes...so be it.   Just tell me what the next one is.

By the way......the logo is ONLY no longer going to appear on the players uniforms and on the stadium walls.  It is not disappearing.....the Indians are not giving it up as a marketing tool...they are just limiting it.  They will still produce and sell paraphenalia with the logo on it....including in all the team shops in the stadium and elsewhere.

You should still be fully capable of buying a hat, T-shirt, key chain, etc. etc. etc.  with Chief Wahoo on it.  It just won't be on the players uniforms.

15 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

See, you’re further proving my point. “You’re a millennial” is not a logical argument against this. You’re just a grumpy old man. Prove otherwise, or you’re just playing identity politics. You’re better than this.

(Uhm...no, he isn't.  You haven't been around...that is exactly what he does/is.

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

First the Browns are forced to take the logo off their helmets, and now THIS?

Yes, considering that the Browns are allegedly named after Joe Louis....The Brown Bomber....(i.e. the Negro/African-American Bomber)....they too are named after a racial group.

So, refresh my memory...what did that Browns logo look like.    A little Black Samboish?

15 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Remember to substitute the word idiot for millennial.

^_^

WSS

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Remember to substitute the word idiot for millennial.

^_^

WSS

Yep. Tradition means nothing to these fools. These damned logo cry babies need to show their contempt for Ohio being NUMBER 1 in the nation in Heroin abuse & also address teen suicides. Those are REAL PROBLEMS you fukkin dweebs! Address THOSE!!!

Mike

23 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

When did I ever say you’re too PC? I said America is too PC.

There is a distinct difference. Take for example the new lawsuit  “Walmart is racist” because they lock up the black hair care products due to theft. There is a hard line reason to keep the black hair products locked up. If Walmart caves and takes the locks off, THAT’S pandering to PC people. There is no hard line reason to keep Chief Wahoo. 

I was using we're as a general term since I'm American. You clearly have no problem with PC culture winning out, so please don't lie to us and say you do.

The notion that Chief Wahoo is racist is equally as dumb as your Wal-Mart example (in fact it's more dumb since Walmart might actually broach up against civil rights laws [don't know or particularly care]).

This is anecdotal but I follow about 5 Indians pages on facebook. Not a single comment or reaction to this that I've seen is positive. Literally hundreds of comments I've seen are all negative. So yeah, your argument about the fans is wrong. And if you polled MLB fans generally, I bet they'd be pro-Wahoo too. So which fans are you talking about? 

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The way I see it....the guys who don't want it gone don't really give a rat's arse about the logo itself.  They are just upset that perhaps political correctness has taken hold to extinguish a racial stereotype. 

Which means either:  A. they like that it is racially insensitive...or B.  they don't care if it is or isn't....they just want to maintain it so that "PC culture" or some nonsense does not prevail.

Hardly anyone here has lived as long as I have with Chief Wahoo...and I have and do own numeous articles of paraphenalia with that logo on it...including hats, shirts, jackets etc.  No one here practically has had as long a term attachment to it.   

But, it is not that big of a deal to me if it is gone.  It is...when it comes down to it....just a marketing gimmick.  And marketing gimmicks come and go...and if this one goes...so be it.   Just tell me what the next one is.

Wrong. I have always told my friends that it was the best logo in sports. Nice try though.

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Wrong. I have always told my friends that it was the best logo in sports. Nice try though.

636211258835636214-USP-MLB-MINNESOTA-TWINS-AT-CLEVELAND-INDIANS-64082228.JPG

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

I was using we're as a general term since I'm American. You clearly have no problem with PC culture winning out, so please don't lie to us and say you do.

The notion that Chief Wahoo is racist is equally as dumb as your Wal-Mart example (in fact it's more dumb since Walmart might actually broach up against civil rights laws [don't know or particularly care]).

This is anecdotal but I follow about 5 Indians pages on facebook. Not a single comment or reaction to this that I've seen is positive. Literally hundreds of comments I've seen are all negative. So yeah, your argument about the fans is wrong. And if you polled MLB fans generally, I bet they'd be pro-Wahoo too. So which fans are you talking about? 

You’re making so many assumptions. 

No, tradition isn’t a good enough reason. Change is inevitable, accept it or live in a miserable existence.

My Wal-Mart example isn’t dumb, it’s 100% on point. 

Walmart has a reason to need to lock up the black hair care products.

What reason do the Indians have to need to keep Chief Wahoo?

Archived