THE BROWNS BOARD

Let the hand-wringing begin

Westside Steve

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Gulf Stream is in the Hangar, flying down to FL in an hour, Socktail time!

LOL! Hope you got $250,000 so you can get your dinner and a picture with the Prez and a roundtable discussion of how great he is.:D

http://time.com/money/5109611/heres-what-250000-will-buy-you-at-donald-trumps-anniversary-bash/

On 1/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, Westside Steve said:

The government will shut down! We will all die!

WSS

Are you guys ready for your Civics 101 class for the day?

Cool.

Let's talk "control of the House and Senate". Please keep your eye on the word, "CONTROL".

In the House of Representatives, a bill can be passed with a simple MAJORITY voting in favor. The House currently has, 248 Republicans and 192 Democrats. This gives the Republicans not only the majority, but CONTROL of the House of Representatives. The Democrats cannot stop a Republican backed bill...plain and simple.

In the Senate, there are 100 members. Of these 51 are Republicans and 49 are Democrats. The Republicans enjoy a majority, but not control.

Here is why.

In order to pass any meaningful legislation, a SUPER MAJORITY is needed. It requires 60 Senators to pass legislation. Since neither party has 60 members it requires a combination of yes votes from both parties to pass legislation. In our current division that means 9 Democrats must vote yes.

The Democrats actually have CONTROL of the Senate and are able to block ANY legislative attempts.

So comments made by Schumer and other apparently uninformed Democrats and liberals, are lying to the American public each time they say the words, "The Republicans CONTROL the Senate." It's basic Civics and basic math.

So guess who owns the shutdown?

If the president and the Republicans insisted on funding for that stupid wall and refused to budge I would say that both sides were at fault. In this specific instance the insistence by Schumer and the Democrats to get amnesty for the illegals is what cause the impasse.

DACA really has nothing to do with the budget agreement. Those of you on the left ask yourselves if the Republicans were in your position and made an abortion ban a prerequisite. Would you blame both sides?

And oh, even though it apparently confuses Bernie Sanders who complains that the Republicans control all three branches of government, they do not have 60 votes.

Frankly I don't care if the government shuts down or not and I believe whenever we get to the spending limit we should reduce spending by enough so that we can make that goal. Otherwise just stop being hypocritical and eliminate the budgetary limits altogether and admit you were going to spend freely until we are bankrupt.

But this really is on Chuck Schumer. He could allow the Democrats to vote for the budget extension and worry about the illegals at another time.

WSS

plain truth is, the dems refuse to secure our borders - they want the voter demographics to keep turning blue.

that is why they balk at a wall. They gave lip service to it for votes, but happily ignored it after the elections.

Reps are open to the good dreamers staying, etc etc....

but the dems refuse to allow the wall to be built. And, the wall is seriously needed. They already have designs that

experts have real trouble getting over/past. It's all on the dems. They are refusing to let the reps accomplish anything if they can help it.

McConnell needs to declare the nuclear option. The dems will happily use it anytime they want for their advantage. It's a crock -

nothing can get done in the senate, with reps having a majority. That's a crock.

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

plain truth is, the dems refuse to secure our borders - they want the voter demographics to keep turning blue.

that is why they balk at a wall. They gave lip service to it for votes, but happily ignored it after the elections.

Reps are open to the good dreamers staying, etc etc....

but the dems refuse to allow the wall to be built. And, the wall is seriously needed. They already have designs that

experts have real trouble getting over/past. It's all on the dems. They are refusing to let the reps accomplish anything if they can help it.

McConnell needs to declare the nuclear option. The dems will happily use it anytime they want for their advantage. It's a crock -

nothing can get done in the senate, with reps having a majority. That's a crock.

Shumer offered up the wall to Trump Friday and just re-offered this afternoon.

for what? I think you are swayed by Schumer's lie:

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/01/20/mick-mulvaney-chuck-schumer-border-wall-sot.cnn

Just another dirty trick. Full acceptance of broad DACA for a pittiance of money that won't begin to actually get the wall done at all.

Just a partial truth to work the lie to manipulate their base.

Gotta start believing the whole truth sometime, Tex.

https://www.axios.com/schumers-plan-to-stop-the-wall-1513300762-24cd4cc0-cc99-4d39-a2d0-0ec7d2f7a5aa.html

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Shumer offered up the wall to Trump Friday and just re-offered this afternoon.

Only if the immigration Lottery and chain immigration stayed in place as they are and the so-called dreamers get amnesty. Fuc the wall and fuk the dreamers.

The wall itself is just a phony chip, a bluff. The main entrance of illegals is overstaying their visas. Plus we have thousands of miles on each side of the country and the Canadian border if anybody just wants to sneak in.

WSS

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Only if the immigration Lottery and chain immigration stayed in place as they are and the so-called dreamers get amnesty. Fuc the wall and fuk the dreamers.

The wall itself is just a phony chip, a bluff. The main entrance of illegals is overstaying their visas. Plus we have thousands of miles on each side of the country and the Canadian border if anybody just wants to sneak in.

WSS

It may be phony to intelligent people, but it isn't phony to Trump. Neither was his claim that Mexico would pay for it. He actually believed that too. And the whole birther issue? Same there. He is not a smart man except for being bought by the Russian oligarchs. That he was good at.

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It may be phony to intelligent people, but it isn't phony to Trump. Neither was his claim that Mexico would pay for it. He actually believed that too. And the whole birther issue? Same there. He is not a smart man except for being bought by the Russian oligarchs. That he was good at.

In typical lib fashion, you keep bringing up the Russkies.

Just wait until they release the memo, and you will probably sing a different tune.

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

In typical lib fashion, you keep bringing up the Russkies.

Just wait until they release the memo, and you will probably sing a different tune.

I think it really bothers you guys that I can be an independent thinker with a conservative background who thinks we have a traitor in the WH. Every time I bring it up out come the "liberal" labels because you just can't fathom how a conservative thinker has come to a different conclusion than you. He's a corrupt liar who is doing a PT Barnum on this democracy and tearing it apart to protect his ill gotten gains. Mueller is going to prove it in court. Follow the money of the Trump Empire and it leads back to Russia. Sooner or later you will understand you've been conned.

36 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think it really bothers you guys that I can be an independent thinker with a conservative background who thinks we have a traitor in the WH. Every time I bring it up out come the "liberal" labels because you just can't fathom how a conservative thinker has come to a different conclusion than you. He's a corrupt liar who is doing a PT Barnum on this democracy and tearing it apart to protect his ill gotten gains. Mueller is going to prove it in court. Follow the money of the Trump Empire and it leads back to Russia. Sooner or later you will understand you've been conned.

Mueller will prove nothing, because there is nothing to prove.

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Independent <> critically thinking

wanna bet Meuller resigns/goes to jail/is fired before Trump even has to do fire him?

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Independent <> critically thinking

wanna bet Meuller resigns/goes to jail/is fired before Trump even has to do fire him?

I bet that Trump is more likely to pull a Nixon by firing/replacing people above Mueller so they will fire him. Reason is that Trump is ignorant of history or he would not have already fired Comey and admitted it was for the Russia investigation. It was just as good as the Nixon WH tapes because it's right there on videotape. Get rid of the one man both sides said up front was the absolute best for the position and watch the fireworks begin.

EDIT: Here's the thing cal, if Mueller finds nothing that is impeachable and just prosecutes those who were involved in criminal offense, then I have no problem with Trump keeping his position. I still believe in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. He earned it through the election despite my thinking that he is an absolute pathological liar. It won't be the first time we have placed a man in that position with a lot of character flaws and if that's the man the country wants, so be it. Character flaw is not impeachable unless it crosses the line into criminal behavior. That has to be proven by the law of the land. I support that far more than our current President. It's part of that conservative background I have just as intolerance of liars is a part of that same upbringing.

Archived