THE BROWNS BOARD

Tannehill

jcam222

He signed a big front loaded extension , no?

Could make sense a as bridge, but I don''t think we'd be the best place for him since, he'd just be a placeholder.

He can go start in Washington after we sign Cousins.

Zombo

2 hours ago, jcam222 said:

A bit of noise out there about Miami being open to a QB in round 1. If Tannehill was made available what would you give and do you want him as the vet bridge / possible FQB?

That the Dolphins would be open to moving him should tell you all you want to know, if they're looking for an upgrade in the draft...   

56 minutes ago, Zombo said:

He signed a big front loaded extension , no?

Could make sense a as bridge, but I don''t think we'd be the best place for him since, he'd just be a placeholder.

He can go start in Washington after we sign Cousins.

Zombo

Z, get that silly notion out of your head about Cousins. The only thing we can offer him is $$$, not a chance to play in the SB any time soon. He'd pick the Dolphins over us anytime, too bad Miami is sort of cap strapped to make a realistic offer. Broncos could do the Manning revisited ploy- they have the cap space, and their window is closing fast. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

That the Dolphins would be open to moving him should tell you all you want to know, if they're looking for an upgrade in the draft...   

Z, get that silly notion out of your head about Cousins. The only thing we can offer him is $$$, not a chance to play in the SB any time soon. He'd pick the Dolphins over us anytime, too bad Miami is sort of cap strapped to make a realistic offer. Broncos could do the Manning revisited ploy- they have the cap space, and their window is closing fast. 

Shut. Their window is totally shut .And I love it.

Z, get that silly notion out of your head about Cousins. The only thing we can offer him is $$$, not a chance to play in the SB any time soon. He'd pick the Dolphins over us anytime, too bad Miami is sort of cap strapped to make a realistic offer. Broncos could do the Manning revisited ploy- they have the cap space, and their window is closing fast.  Closed.

Try again?

Z

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z, get that silly notion out of your head about Cousins. The only thing we can offer him is $$$, not a chance to play in the SB any time soon. He'd pick the Dolphins over us anytime, too bad Miami is sort of cap strapped to make a realistic offer. Broncos could do the Manning revisited ploy- they have the cap space, and their window is closing fast.  Closed.

Try again?

Z

Yeah, the Broncos are probably done, but I can't dismiss they wouldn't make a play for Cousins out of hand. Cousins will be 30 this year- don't think he's going to want to go to a team that's a tad better than 0-16? Sure, if he's all about the Benjamins, Cleveland is the answer. What I don't like Z? Paying him the biggest contract in NFL history- when my Redskins pal doesn't think he's worth it- and we're locked in with him for at least 3 years. You think he can play at a near Brady level for the next 10 years? I don't. Have Kizer waiting in the wings to develop behind him? Lotsa luck with that. 

Let's start at the bottom of the cap room table and move up from there. 

Cardinals.

Jaguars (short of them making the SB)

Bills (Taylor ain't the answer) 

Redskins (don't rule out the possibility they resign him long term) $52 million in cap room

Jets

22 hours ago, jcam222 said:

A bit of noise out there about Miami being open to a QB in round 1. If Tannehill was made available what would you give and do you want him as the vet bridge / possible FQB?

When you think about it, Miami giving up on this former first round QB so they can draft another first round QB isn't the best endorsement of the guy.

So...how many teams may be in like to draft a QB high?

Chargers, maybe...given Rivers age.    Cardinals for sure.  Broncos.  Maybe Vikings....since all their QBs are FAs.  Saints due to Brees FA and age.  Browns. Dolphins.  Bills.  Maybe Redskins.  Jets,  maybe even Pittspuke.  And New England!

That is a dozen right there...

This year COULD match 1983 for the most QBs ever taken in round one.

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So...how many teams may be in like to draft a QB high?

Chargers, maybe...given Rivers age.    Cardinals for sure.  Broncos.  Maybe Vikings....since all their QBs are FAs.  Saints due to Brees FA and age.  Browns. Dolphins.  Bills.  Maybe Redskins.  Jets,  maybe even Pittspuke.  And New England!

That is a dozen right there...

This year COULD match 1983 for the most QBs ever taken in round one.

I still can't believe the Patriots traded away Garappolo for mere cents on the dollar.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I still can't believe the Patriots traded away Garappolo for mere cents on the dollar.

If the Browns really offered the Pats the Houston pick, totally doesn't make any sense. If Brady is hurt worse than they're letting on, there's going to be recriminations.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

If the Browns really offered the Pats the Houston pick, totally doesn't make any sense. If Brady is hurt worse than they're letting on, there's going to be recriminations.

If they were doing it for Jimmy's benefit they'd be better off to have kept him and let him go to free agency after the Super Bowl. Just think he gets in and wins his stock just went through the roof.

This is like canceling your collision insurance right before the demolition derby.

WSS

Archived