THE BROWNS BOARD

Bradley Chubb #1

cdl15

The more and more I watch this kids highlights the more excited I become about adding him to Myles Garrett and Oddball.  The #1 pick is supposed to be for the best player in the draft and Bradley Chubb may be exactly that. I believe after the combines this will be more evident.

Yes! Draft for the best talent available at #1 and 4! There is some talent out there.......and the more we kick this thing around the more I'm convinced it's not at QB, kind of the under riding (if that's the wording) theme on most all of these draft related threads.

Start with another project rookie QB or not, that seems to be the question.....

.......To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles......

OK that's a bit out there. :lol:

Have to really  consider Bradley Chubb at #1....he wont be there at #4!

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Rather go Minkah. 

Chubb #1 Minkah #4 !!!!!!!

5 hours ago, cdl15 said:

The more and more I watch this kids highlights the more excited I become about adding him to Myles Garrett and Oddball.  The #1 pick is supposed to be for the best player in the draft and Bradley Chubb may be exactly that. I believe after the combines this will be more evident.

Yes, a few draft services put him at the #1 BPA......and a few of the same don't put a single QB in there until the 7-10 spots. 

But...the NFL is a QB driven league....and this franchise has been QB poor for so long....that it is unlikely that they will take the BPA....but instead will take the best perceived QB.   Understandable....but not necessarily the absolute best method of vastly improving the talent on the team.

I still have hope that the GOONS will appear and play like goons. 

Garrett

Ogbah

Ogunjobi

Nassib

Shelton

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes! Draft for the best talent available at #1 and 4! There is some talent out there.......and the more we kick this thing around the more I'm convinced it's not at QB, kind of the under riding (if that's the wording) theme on most all of these draft related threads.

Start with another project rookie QB or not, that seems to be the question.....

.......To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles......

OK that's a bit out there. :lol:

Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are dead.  Haven't you heard?

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are dead.  Haven't you heard?

Oh geeeezzzz I haven't heard those names in a long while, now what about Rosen and Darnold or is it Darnold and Rosen? Still three months until DDAY!

My ideal draft situation (merge if needed)

Sign mccarron/cousins and Pryor. (Preferably cousins)
Draft
1. Chubb, DE Georgia
4. Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama
33. Orlando Brown (or best available ot), OT Oklahoma
35. Kerryon Johnson (or best available rb), RB Auburn
61. Jerome baker (or best available linebacker), LB Ohio State
65. Anthony Miller, WR Memphis
97. Rashaad Penny, RB San Diego State

Edited to add positions and school

18 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

My ideal draft situation (merge if needed)

Sign mccarron/cousins and Pryor. (Preferably cousins)
Draft
1. Chubb, DE Georgia
4. Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama
33. Orlando Brown (or best available ot), OT Oklahoma
35. Kerryon Johnson (or best available rb), RB Auburn
61. Jerome baker (or best available linebacker), LB Ohio State
65. Anthony Miller, WR Memphis
97. Rashaad Penny, RB San Diego State

Edited to add positions and school

Not a bad idea.....but I'd still have to think about Bradley with two round 1 picks.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:01 AM, cdl15 said:

The #1 pick is supposed to be for the best player in the draft and Bradley Chubb may be exactly that.

Can he throw touchdown passes?  Or is he one of the eleven guys that are supposed to tackle people?  

We have lost 31 of 32 games because we cannot throw touchdown pases.  A quarterback's abilities are graded on a curve compared to any other player....because of the sheer value of the position.  Without a QB that can throw TD passes...you are in tough shape...like we've always been.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

It absolutely befuddles me that the Browns have the #1 pick in a draft full of QBs and so many Browns fans on here want to go to the bargain bin to fill the most important position in all sports.

OK picky, picky, picky grab one of these not ready for primetime players at #4 and move on.  ;)

Before I'd go rookie quarterback now I'd go for a second round project to put in the Cleveland carousel of quarterbacks tried, what is it #26, 28? I've lost count. I'd be building for 2019 with 2018 as a scratch, win 4 maybe 5 games and hope for a FA stopgap, draft a better one in 2019.....but that's just me. :P

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

MotherShmucker I just want to win a few games and maybe sniff the playoffs.    Not sure why you're leading in with this SB talk..?

Calm down Poopsie!!!.. Don't let your twat implode!

I believe that there are prospects that are brought earlier into the draft talk (Darnold was in the talk even in 2016) and everyone follows every step until they find out every flaw in their game, whereas others who are brought later into the conversation take "their' position at some point in all the chatter.

Take the QB with #1 and BPA on #4. And don't worry, I bet #2 and #3 will be QBs too this year.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

OK picky, picky, picky grab one of these not ready for primetime players at #4 and move on.  ;)

Before I'd go rookie quarterback now I'd go for a second round project to put in the Cleveland carousel of quarterbacks tried, what is it #26, 28? I've lost count. I'd be building for 2019 with 2018 as a scratch, win 4 maybe 5 games and hope for a FA stopgap, draft a better one in 2019.....but that's just me. :P

wpNIWlK.jpg

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Yes , by all means lets pass up the QB again and pin our SB hopes on another over hyped player..

What is wrong with my ideal situation if McCarron/cousins signs. The way its looking the super bowl starting qbs might be bortles v foles/keenum.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

What is wrong with my ideal situation if McCarron/cousins signs. The way its looking the super bowl starting qbs might be bortles v foles/keenum.

This oddball of a season is becoming the equivalent to people who say things like: "My great grandfather ate a pound a bacon every day and smoked two packs of cigarettes daily for 70 years and he lived to 92!"

Yes, there are exceptions to everything, but how about we take the tried and true way of developing a consistent playoff team by getting a top-notch starting QB? How many teams year-in and year-out contend for the playoffs and championships with an average starting QB?

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It absolutely befuddles me that the Browns have the #1 pick in a draft full of QBs and so many Browns fans on here want to go to the bargain bin to fill the most important position in all sports.

I think plenty of us are gunshy and not convinced there's a QB in this draft who's a lock stud.  I'm way more into buying Cousins and going BPA or getting Alex Smith and taking a QB who slips. 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

This oddball of a season is becoming the equivalent to people who say things like: "My great grandfather ate a pound a bacon every day and smoked two packs of cigarettes daily for 70 years and he lived to 92!"

Yes, there are exceptions to everything, but how about we take the tried and true way of developing a consistent playoff team by getting a top-notch starting QB? How many teams year-in and year-out contend for the playoffs and championships with an average starting QB?

Because the tried and true way of developing a qb for the Browns has not happened. There are no exceptions to that. I would rather throw the bank at a guy that has proven he can already play at the NFL level and not need developing ala Cousins 

13 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Because the tried and true way of developing a qb for the Browns has not happened. There are no exceptions to that. I would rather throw the bank at a guy that has proven he can already play at the NFL level and not need developing ala Cousins 

Please oh please tell me what the true way is of developing a quarterback. Yes lets throw the bank to a quarterback that is 2 and 11 against teams with a winning record and 1 and 9 in prime time Monday night and Thursday games.

Archived