THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

Ideal is get starting QB at 1, and make trade with jets for their 2nd round pick or more to move back 2 spots and still get Barkley.  Jets will definitely want to jump ahead of Broncos.  Heck the Broncos might even do similar trade just to prevent Jets from jumping them.  Indy will be the wild card in such a deal.  Hopefully they will covet a player so much that they won't trade back or will ask too much for #3. 

Now with the extra pick or two from jets or Broncos they trade back up and get Fitzpatrick (or James).  If they miss on them, they grab Ridley.  Now they are free to get best cb,de, or wr in Round 2, or best available at other need.

This kind of scenario is very likely.  Brown's are sitting pretty with #1 & #4 picks.

Now me being the gambler i am, I make deal with Indy weeks before draft and offer them 2nd round pick to swap 3and4.  That makes us the only team someone can deal with if they want one of the top 3 qbs.  And they will have to pay plenty for it, such as their 1&2 this year and next.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Now me being the gambler i am, I make deal with Indy weeks before draft and offer them 2nd round pick to swap 3and4.  That makes us the only team someone can deal with if they want one of the top 3 qbs.  And they will have to pay plenty for it, such as their 1&2 this year and next.

Geeezzzus you've got to change your handle from SissyBoyFloyd to bad azz GamblerBoyFloyd.....but that doesn’t rhyme with PrettyBoy, oh well.

They don't have to be real cute if they want Rosen or Darnold and certainly not any of the other projects in this year's draft.....hopefully it doesn't come to that.

“We gotta take this RB at #1 overall because he’s the next coming of a running back who won 1 playoff game in his career!” **1 playoff win came with HOF quarterback**

that’s a great argument for taking a RB #1 overall for the first time in over 20 years...

2 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

“We gotta take this RB at #1 overall because he’s the next coming of a running back who won 1 playoff game in his career!” **1 playoff win came with HOF quarterback**

that’s a great argument for taking a RB #1 overall for the first time in over 20 years...

One playoff game in his career with a team, which after he leaves, is playing for the NFC title

14 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So if we find a left tackle that looks to be the next Joe Thomas we should pass because he has no playoff appearances or wins...correct? 

If it comes at the cost of the QB, you’re damn tootin’ Joe Thomas wasted a HOF career blocking for colt McCoy’s and Brandon Weedens. I don’t want his replacement going through the same Sheet. 

If the Browns draft Barkley, that’s fine, while it’s not my first choice the kid is a freak of nature athlete and will be a major part of the offense (if Hue decides to use him) but the Browns can’t afford to continue to let the QB position take the back seat. I’d much rather settle for my 3rd RB prospect than my 3rd Qb prospect 

48 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

If it comes at the cost of the QB, you’re damn tootin’ Joe Thomas wasted a HOF career blocking for colt McCoy’s and Brandon Weedens. I don’t want his replacement going through the same Sheet. 

You didn't say that, therefore I had to apply some context.

Thanks for the clarification.  

This kid is a generational talent. He's on Adrian Petterson's level.

We have been through this before......UNTIL he is proven that he is as good as Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, Barry Sanders or LaDanian Tomlinson or Peterson.....he is just a prospect.

Right now....I am not certain that he can be as good as Zeke Elliott, Gurley, Fournette etc.   Gee...how can you have 2-3 "generational talents"  every year or so.

For all we know...he is a Kijana Carter, DJ Dozier, Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis type of talent.  In other words.....not good enough for even a single productive  NFL season.

And yea...the newest version of Trent Richardson.

I am still far more in favor of drafting a QB...and a defender...hopefully a DB...and roll with Crowe and Johnson and Dayes...and maybe someone taken later.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

This kid is a generational talent. He's on Adrian Petterson's level.

We have been through this before......UNTIL he is proven that he is as good as Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, Barry Sanders or LaDanian Tomlinson or Peterson.....he is just a prospect.

Right now....I am not certain that he can be as good as Zeke Elliott, Gurley, Fournette etc.   Gee...how can you have 2-3 "generational talents"  every year or so.

For all we know...he is a Kijana Carter, DJ Dozier, Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis type of talent.  In other words.....not good enough for even a single productive  NFL season.

And yea...the newest version of Trent Richardson.

I am still far more in favor of drafting a QB...and a defender...hopefully a DB...and roll with Crowe and Johnson and Dayes...and maybe someone taken later.

To be honest Gip- at least Barkley is faster than PO's last Love Boat Richardson. That was my major knock on Trent. I saw Richardson get caught from behind plenty of times on tape, something you never saw out of Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders. 

Yeah, generational backs almost every year, Gurley, Fournette.... :lol:

FWIW, I'd keep an eye out and maybe take Sony Michel, Georgia (or someone similar)  in the second round. He looked better than Chubb against Alabama's pro defense in the Championship Game...  

To refresh Po's memory- that stiff Le'veon Bell was drafted in the second round, you just DON'T take a RB #1 overall when you're still looking for the most important piece of the puzzle- a franchise QB. 

I don't see any way we don't get both, the top QB in our minds and Barkley too.  The only way we wouldn't have that opportunity is if someone wanted Barkley so bad that they offered a ton to Indy to jump ahead of us.  And that just wouldn't happen.  So arguing about taking Barkley over "our" QB seems to me to be a mute point.  I truly believe also that looking how the teams lineup from 5-7 or 8, that we could move back and get another great pick or two from Denver or the Jets and still be 90% sure we still get Barkley.  Then we could more easily pack those extra picks and maybe another of our original ones to move back up into the higher mid first round where there will be several studs still there for our picking such as a Fitzpatrick, James, Ridley, Edmund, Ward, Chubb, Vea, or Roquan Smith.  Hopefully the GM has enough foresight and guts to think big and not just settle for the obvious.  The Browns are in an absolute overpowering position and need to make the very most of it while they can.

I watched some of the Penn St v Michigan game and monitored the Penn St v OSU game with an app, and saw the highlights later. The dude definitely has some moves.

his first half numbers against OSU were really, really good. Something like 10 ypc, but by the end of the game they were much less dazzling. What happened there? He wear down? Did OSU adjust and game plan better for the second half?

Wondering aloud if his first half numbers typically were much better than his second half numbers, and if so, is he a guy that maybe blows his load too early and runs out of steam? The great ones are supposed to get stronger as the game grinds on.

8 minutes ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

I don't see any way we don't get both, the top QB in our minds and Barkley too.  The only way we wouldn't have that opportunity is if someone wanted Barkley so bad that they offered a ton to Indy to jump ahead of us.  And that just wouldn't happen.  So arguing about taking Barkley over "our" QB seems to me to be a mute point.  I truly believe also that looking how the teams lineup from 5-7 or 8, that we could move back and get another great pick or two from Denver or the Jets and still be 90% sure we still get Barkley.  Hopefully the GM has enough foresight and guts to think big and not just settle for the obvious.  The Browns are in an absolute overpowering position and need to make the very most of it while they can.

I've been saying for awhile it's not outside of the realm of possibility QBs go 1,2,3 in this draft (Denver could trade up with the Colts) So Barkley could well be there @ #4. I can't imagine any scenario where the Browns will go bargain shopping in the second round again- The top 4 QBs will come off the board in the first. 

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

You didn't say that, therefore I had to apply some context.

Thanks for the clarification.  

I’m not against the Browns drafting Barkley, but if they take him #1 overall, they’d better be damn sure that their top QB will be there at 4 

I like Barkley, actually. He might be one of the most versatile RBs to come into the league in a while. I also get the impression that he's a quality person too.

But there's no way I'd pick him with the #1 or #4 overall pick. RBs that high are horrible investments.

The Browns can fill the RB position later in the draft, and with quality.

QB - RB 

Air Attack - Ground n Pound 

What is our identity going to be? Hue stated many times that we want to be a running team, makes sense in the AFCN, control the clock and protect the ball, often times in adverse weather.

I have a video to show you guys of Barkley in multiple weather conditions-

Passing the ball gives way to running the ball... running the ball WELL leads to better play action fakes that buy the WRs a step in the secondary. That's all we need, just a step but with Barkley were going to get yards on the secondary.  When I'm evaluating a player, I don't look at the stats and use that to base my score. It's a piece but college is playing a "different game" than the NFL is playing. So many factors go into the stats- how many other players had amazing stats and couldn't make it in the pros? There is so much more that goes on with what's unseen than is going on in what IS seen. Sometimes though, if you watch close enough, you can get glimpses of what inside a player. Often times what's inside the player and how he will translate to the NFL.

To the question on if Barkley just loses steam in the second half or if the teams gameplan is better... Here's Barkley's COMPLETE SEASON COMPILATION, enjoy. :)

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I like Barkley, actually. He might be one of the most versatile RBs to come into the league in a while. I also get the impression that he's a quality person too.

But there's no way I'd pick him with the #1 or #4 overall pick. RBs that high are horrible investments.

The Browns can fill the RB position later in the draft, and with quality.

Barkley gives us an identity. That is worth the #1 and the #4. IMO

16 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

QB - RB 

Air Attack - Ground n Pound 

What is our identity going to be? Hue stated many times that we want to be a running team, makes sense in the AFCN, control the clock and protect the ball, often times in adverse weather.

I have a video to show you guys of Barkley in multiple weather conditions-

Yeah that’s cool, but can he knock a clay pigeon out of the air? 

3 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

I’m not against the Browns drafting Barkley, but if they take him #1 overall, they’d better be damn sure that their top QB will be there at 4 

IDGAF if  we draft Peyton Manning at 4.  If this FO drops a #1 overall on a RB, especially Barkley I'm going to be Manziel- like pissed. 

There are 5 or 6 Quarterbacks that people think are first round talent. 

There is only 1 RB that is as good if not BETTER than a majority of STARTING RBs in the NFL. 

Saquon is going to make an IMMEDIATE IMPACT. You get so many advantages adding him BEFORE you take the QB at 4. What ever QB you take gets a STAR RB and Josh Gordon. That is a HUGE ADVANTAGE~ What don't you guys get? 

WE NEED A QB YES - I KNOW!!!! BUT YOU ALSO NEED BARKLEY. THERE ARE 5 QBS. 

Look. Do me a favor and watch the video. Listen to the crowd... The energy that those big runs and highlight moves bring are irreplaceable. Momentum. And Barkley doesn't fumble, he's as sure a thing as there is ever going to be in the draft. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE HIT. DO NOT GAMBLE. 

Take Barkley #1 and ensure that whoever starts will have help. Crowell and Johnson together are just okay. It's actually a hinders a young QB because they are so different and the things they bring to the table are not consistent. It's actually telling when you have a receiving back like Duke in the game. He can run between the tackles a little but he's not going to hold up as the feature back. Move Johnson out to the slot and you might have something. 

Barkley RB

Gordon WR1

Coleman WR2

Johnson Slot

Njoku/DeValve TE

~ Now whoever is at QB has a TEAM AROUND THEM to help them succeed. With the guys above, if healthy and active for more than 12 games next year- we can win the division. 

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

That is a HUE ADVANTAGE~ What don't you guys get?  

last i looked, Hue still coaches this team..whats a RB in Hues game plan? Look at Dorsey's draft history. get use to hearing Fitzpatrick vs Derwin James at #4.. Dorsey has not drafted a RB any higher than 3rd round..Crow may have a lot to do with both of Dorsey's decisions..put your madden controller down..it's mid January 

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

last i looked, Hue still coaches this team..whats a RB in Hues game plan? Look at Dorsey's draft history. get use to hearing Fitzpatrick vs Derwin James at #4.. Dorsey has not drafted a RB any higher than 3rd round..Crow may have a lot to do with both of Dorsey's decisions..put your madden controller down..it's mid January 

Or how about a from the Colts perpective? Sports Illustrated okay with you? 

Archived