THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

Just now, syd said:

no poe We have never tried to develop a Q.B never we are in a position now to do so with are cap space and high draft picks,the vets you mentioned are perennial  back up's the rookies were thrown into the fire time for that crap to stop cause until we get a Q.B we will continue to suck

You can't develop a Qb from the #4 pick? 

If you spend big money on a VET you are going to have the same amount of time to develop the #1 or #4 player. 

Actually, good luck 'developing' a #1 overall QB in Cleveland. If we don't get Barkley, whoever is QB is going to struggle and then the fans are going to cry for the #1 pick. Sheet, look happened with Manziel. Like I said, It's been tried 100 times in 100 different ways. 

Want to know which way we've not tried yet? Take the STUD RB #1.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

These QB's are not Brady. They are more of the David Carr and Leaf incarnations. 

Mind you, this is the guy who spent months telling us that the Browns already have a franchise QB on their roster, and his name is Kevin Hogan.

-From a random fan... no way in the hell you take a future bust in rosen over barry sanders 2.0 and im not a NYG fan

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mind you, this is the guy who spent months telling us that the Browns already have a franchise QB on their roster, and his name is Kevin Hogan.

There's another reason. Hogan might be the starter next year if Dorsey has his way. 

Hogan with Barkley, Gordon, Coleman, Duke, Njoku and let's say James Washington or Cobbs Jr. and maybe a player like Pryor or some other potential playmaker... you're gonna tell me Hogan could not win games with that team? Go play with your playdough, it's drying out. 

I don't need to troll. I've told you repeatedly how to fix this team. All without burning the #1 overall pick on a potential bust QB. If you are so inclined to 'bust' on said QB, you can wait to do it with the #4... shh now, adults are talking. 

Tell me Dutch- go ahead and put your money down on the BEST rookie QB in the WORLD- the one the Browns are going to pick at #1 overall. Sure fire, can't miss. Let's end it. Call it. 

Poe's plan- #1 - Barkley - #4 - Mayfield/Fitzpatrick/Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Rudolph/Chubbs... just go ahead any pick anybody. Hell, I'll even give you the kicker if you want. 

Dutch's plan- "insert-here"

We'll see who's panned out. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

These QB's are not Brady. They are more of the David Carr and Leaf incarnations. 

And your guy isn't Jim Brown.

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We haven't had a QB since 99? I believe we have the record for Qbs used in that time frame.

I'm obviously not the one who is high or brain damaged. What makes you think for one second that Cleveland even has the capacity to develop a QB?

Weeden, Manziel, Quinn- All first rounders, add in Kizer(2nd), various OLD VETS- McCown- who played well in NY, Hoyer(Under Brady, whom the Patriots wanted back)- WE'VE HAD THEM ALL, 3rd rounder- McCoy, Kessler. Even #1 overall Tim Couch. We've tried this approach 100 times. We were always meant to be a running team. That's just who we are. A Stud RB is JUST as important as a QB. 

FYI, we haven't drafted a QB in the top 10 since Couch either. Who's the stud RB for the Patriots this year? Brady has been through about six of them. Go worship at your Richardson shrine.

Number #1 overall pick... hopefully.

Did a draft... took Rosen at 1, Giants take defense, Colts take Barkley...

Draft 2 - Rosen, Darnold, Barkley

Draft 3 - Rosen, NY trades to Wash, Darnold, Barkley

Draft 4 - Rosen, GUICE, Barkley

Draft 5 - Rosen, Donald, Barkley

.... Draft 6 ...

DONALD, Rosen, Barkley...

Draft 7 - Donald, NY trades to Cincy, Orlando Brown, Barkley...

Draft 8 - Donald, BARKLEY, Chubb DE

Dra... it's only insanity if you keep getting the same results right? 

Sam Donald and Josh Frozen are not the answer. Barkley #1. Bring back the BARK! WOOF! 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, wargograw said:

Leonard Fournette ran for like 1 ypc against Alabama.

Zeke ran for 200+ total.

Better surrounding cast or not, I think Barkley would be much closer to the former than the latter.

ummm...you are getting your years confused.  The team zeke ran for 200+ on(really it was one big 80 yard run at the end of the game when they were already going to win that took it from a good game to a great game statistically) fournette ran for almost 4 ypc on.  Still they controlled him pretty well though.

I like Barkley but he has some serious flags. He plays a little out of control and jumps a lot which could lead to turnovers in the nfl. Plus most of the games I've seen him play in he has taken all of his handoffs out of the shotgun which may not be a big deal but it's hard to judge his vision or how he would read his lead blocker. 

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

ummm...you are getting your years confused.  The team zeke ran for 200+ on(really it was one big 80 yard run at the end of the game when they were already going to win that took it from a good game to a great game statistically) fournette ran for almost 4 ypc on.  Still they controlled him pretty well though.

I don't have them confused, I'm making general comparisons. Fournette was not the full time starter throughout 2014 so I didn't think to compare that one. I do believe 2014 Ohio State against 15 or 16 Alabama feature Zeke with 100+ rushing yards.

Regardless, even against the 14 team Barkley would have done very little.

5 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Sutton is a question mark for me.  He’s a big athletic dude, but he doesn’t have the best hands, which is as big as a red flag gets for WR prospects. 

In that case the Browns will surely pick him.:blink:

11 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I like Barkley but he has some serious flags. He plays a little out of control and jumps a lot which could lead to turnovers in the nfl. Plus most of the games I've seen him play in he has taken all of his handoffs out of the shotgun which may not be a big deal but it's hard to judge his vision or how he would read his lead blocker. 

Barkley reminds me of the likes of DJ Dozier, Blair Thomas, Kijana Carter, Curtis Enis.

All highly rated RBs from PSU...all shite at playing in the NFL.  I know...history means nothing....or does it?

This kid is a generational talent. He's on Adrian Petterson's level. The difference between Barkley and the next best RB is staggering. Even NFL runningbacks can't run like Barkley does. I could care less about what we end up doing with the 4th pick, if we don't get Barkley #1- we aren't even trying to win. It's Barkley or Bust. I like to look back to see what you can see, I've done this with a few players... and it's telling sometimes. He's so smooth in his transitions and his cuts, his footwork is incredible. He can probably play any position but OL/DL/QB- although I've seen him pass a few times, it's not something that you want Barkley to do. You want him to make the other team look silly trying to do what he can do without breaking a sweat. 

Look at these High School highlights and you can see how much he's developed... Saquon is a star. 

B a r k l e y  or  B u s t

Barkley breaks tackles and makes grown men miss like an infant grasping for a swinging pacifier. Here's notable quotes said about Barkley- 

"I watch this guy and think of the great backs I've had a chance to witness, blocking for them or watching them across the field. Barkley has a chance to ultimately be a slightly sized-up Ladainian Tomlinson."

"This guy easily glides in the open field. He sidesteps and jukes, makes defenders miss with decisive cuts. He stops and restarts with immediacy. And, he's 230 pounds -- these abilities defy physics. " 

"The guy's a weapon, even when the blocking up front is not great. Penn State's coaches can simply offset him in the backfield and quick toss to him -- he uses his burst to take the edge and gain yardage through sheer speed."

"Barkley's blessed with extremely fluid, natural hands as a receiver. This is not teachable. He plucks the ball from the air, even when the pass is inaccurate. He makes one-handed grabs with ease." 

"Saquon Barkley is a 21st-century back whose performance and potential are astounding. He does not have limitations that some backs do -- doesn't necessarily have to line up 7 yards deep and get a head of steam to gain yardage. His steam is immediate and on-demand. With intense film study, Barkley can emulate the Le'Veon Bell/Marcus Allen style of patient explosion, piercing defenses by waiting for schemes to develop and then flooring it."

He's perfectly built for the pro game, limitless skill. " 

--- 

Mel Kiper Jr. says- "The way he bounces, the leg strength, good balance; he's a heck of a player, and you're hoping he's going be like Leonard Fournette, Ezekiel Elliott, and Todd Gurley," Kiper said. "He can pass catch very effectively. He's a heck of a player."

- Mark Wogenrich, reporter said, commenting on the reason Barkley stats trailed off last season and weren't as good enough to be a Heisman finalist- "A contributing reason was that Barkley became the most defensively schemed player in the Big Ten. Penn State countered by getting Barkley the football in a variety of ways, and the running back responded. He led Big Ten running backs in receiving yards (594), returned two kickoffs for touchdowns and also threw a touchdown pass."

"Barkley, who won back-to-back Big Ten offensive-player-of-the-year awards, also finished sixth nationally in scoring (126 points) and is a finalist for four other national awards, including the Maxwell and Walter Camp as player of the year."

---

Penn State coach James Franklin said- “I’ve been doing this a long time, and he’s the best that I’ve been around.” 

3 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

If we get Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith in FA then I’m in

Should be available at 4 ... 2 QBs and the Tackle.

If we get Cousins, Im Ok with trading down a alittle as long as we get Barkley and Fitzpatrick.

If we don't get Cousins, gotta go Best QB with that #1 ...

Zombo

52 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Should be available at 4 ... 2 QBs and the Tackle.

If we get Cousins, Im Ok with trading down a alittle as long as we get Barkley and Fitzpatrick.

If we don't get Cousins, gotta go Best QB with that #1 ...

Zombo

I agree and having #1 and 4 is a powerful position to have, a reward for being so bad! Get a journeyman QB plus Barkley and Fitzpatrick plus 10 more picks!

BROWNS-A-PALOOZA 2018! And cue the beat the dead horse againl......

02c75f90a862fad3e82f3a167905bf8f--horseback-riding-horse-riding.jpg

Archived