Sign in to follow this  
cdl15

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Gamble on a QB with #4 not #1, at #1 you take a difference maker. Somebody who is going to put wins on the board. Kizer could win if we had Barkley. Saquon is a huge boost to a team in DESPARATE need of a 'scorer of points'. 

Exhibit A- Saquon Barkley... Only the Browns could screw this up. 

No, only you could screw this up. QB is the # 1 difference maker- name Brady's running backs if you dare.... 

He's probably better than Bell. Bell was #3 on that list, sooo he's at least that good. He's better than Gurly. Better than Ingraham. 

Barkley has some work to do to make the #1 overall pay off. But, I have a feeling that he will come as billed. 

Rosen's been injured, he's slow, he'll be killed in Cleveland. Kizer is much bigger than Rosen and he barely survived. 

Darnold is NOT Wentz. We can't just draft another red-head and hope that they all play the same.

There's tons of QBs. It's only possible for 2 of them to be gone and I don't think a even one of them will be gone before 4. Too many Question marks to gamble that high on a QB. 

Fitzpatrick, Chubbs even the OTs coming out are more a sure thing than these "top2" QBs. 

I actually think that at least one of the two teams at 2 and 3 pick a defensive player. That's pretty good odds that our QB will be there at 4. Actually even better chance if we like Allen, Rudolph or Mayfield, even Jackson. 

BUUUUT, if you don't take Barkley #1 he's is definitely gone by 4. 

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I'm sorry but this is the worst plan ever.

No, nobody needs a #1 RB, nobody. The notion that you don't take a RB #1 is stupid to me. If you have a chance to take an impact player(do you know what an impact player does?) you take that player and you don't look back.

Crofell is the absolute worst case scenario. I'd rather go get Jamal Lewis back out of retirement and watch him do another victory lap around the stadium.

Duke Johnson is not a feature RB.

We can get the best player in the draft in Saquon Barkley and fill a huge need without throwing money at Crowfell, who is a FA. I would rather draft Penny late then even resign Crow if we had the chance. Crow did well for an UDFA and he should get picked up somewhere, just not by us.

The issue is what the priority is, RB is way low on what the Browns need. Take the top QB #1 and the best player available at #4. My preference is Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Derwin. We can live with an average back. We need a QB, WRs and help in the secondary. Thats why you resign Crowell so you are not creating a need you don't need too. The Browns have done this far too often. Letting players walk causing voids you have to use draft picks on.

These QB's are not Brady. They are more of the David Carr and Leaf incarnations. 

1 minute ago, runyon27 said:

The issue is what the priority is, RB is way low on what the Browns need. Take the top QB #1 and the best player available at #4. My preference is Chubb, Fitzpatrick or Derwin. We can live with an average back. We need a QB, WRs and help in the secondary. Thats why you resign Crowell so you are not creating a need you don't need too. The Browns have done this far too often. Letting players walk causing voids you have to use draft picks on.

I like those Defensive players as well, much more than any of the TOP 3 QBs. They won't fix the Browns alone. Nobody can. Barkley can't. But, Barkley can FREEZE the LBs and Safeties to allow Gordon and the WR/TEs to make plays. A QB's job is to get the playmakers the ball. We need playmakers. 

Crowfell is not a playmaker. 

Every team can make a case to move up and take Barkley. Nobody is going to be trying to move heaven and earth to come up and get josh rosen. 

You guys need to take of the QB colored glasses for just a minute. Use them to watch Saquon Barkley for 5 damn minutes. Use the trusty eyes that god gave you and come back here and tell me that Saquon ain't got Sheet we need. 

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

I like those Defensive players as well, much more than any of the TOP 3 QBs. They won't fix the Browns alone. Nobody can. Barkley can't. But, Barkley can FREEZE the LBs and Safeties to allow Gordon and the WR/TEs to make plays. A QB's job is to get the playmakers the ball. We need playmakers. 

Crowfell is not a playmaker. 

Every team can make a case to move up and take Barkley. Nobody is going to be trying to move heaven and earth to come up and get josh rosen. 

you are Shmucking high or brain damaged 

The Browns need to develop a Shmucking qb (you know something we have not had since 99) we now have a chance to do that  bring in a vet and take the highest rated QB at #1 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, syd said:

you are Shmucking high or brain damaged 

The Browns need to develop a Shmucking qb (you know something we have not had since 99) we now have a chance to do that  bring in a vet and take the highest rated QB at #1 

We haven't had a QB since 99? I believe we have the record for Qbs used in that time frame.

I'm obviously not the one who is high or brain damaged. What makes you think for one second that Cleveland even has the capacity to develop a QB?

Weeden, Manziel, Quinn- All first rounders, add in Kizer(2nd), various OLD VETS- McCown- who played well in NY, Hoyer(Under Brady, whom the Patriots wanted back)- WE'VE HAD THEM ALL, 3rd rounder- McCoy, Kessler. Even #1 overall Tim Couch. We've tried this approach 100 times. We were always meant to be a running team. That's just who we are. A Stud RB is JUST as important as a QB. 

You hear EVERYWHERE how RARE Barkley is. But the Browns HAAAVE to draft a QB #1 Overall. Shmuck that, we don't have to do ANYTHING> 

We need to fix the QB situation. But if the only way to do that is to burn the #1 overall is the ONLY way to go. Dorsey isn't worth his salt if that is the ONLY way to fix this. That is the LAZY man's fix. Duct tape and a Shmucking bandaid... that's cowpoop. Take Barkley and get Mayfield, Darnold or Rosen or Allen or RUDOLPH at 4. 

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

We haven't had a QB since 99? I believe we have the record for Qbs used in that time frame.

I'm obviously not the one who is high or brain damaged. What makes you think for one second that Cleveland even has the capacity to develop a QB?

Weeden, Manziel, Quinn- All first rounders, add in Kizer(2nd), various OLD VETS- McCown- who played well in NY, Hoyer(Under Brady, whom the Patriots wanted back)- WE'VE HAD THEM ALL, 3rd rounder- McCoy, Kessler. Even #1 overall Tim Couch. We've tried this approach 100 times. We were always meant to be a running team. That's just who we are. A Stud RB is JUST as important as a QB. 

no poe We have never tried to develop a Q.B never we are in a position now to do so with are cap space and high draft picks,the vets you mentioned are perennial  back up's the rookies were thrown into the fire time for that crap to stop cause until we get a Q.B we will continue to suck

Just now, syd said:

no poe We have never tried to develop a Q.B never we are in a position now to do so with are cap space and high draft picks,the vets you mentioned are perennial  back up's the rookies were thrown into the fire time for that crap to stop cause until we get a Q.B we will continue to suck

You can't develop a Qb from the #4 pick? 

If you spend big money on a VET you are going to have the same amount of time to develop the #1 or #4 player. 

Actually, good luck 'developing' a #1 overall QB in Cleveland. If we don't get Barkley, whoever is QB is going to struggle and then the fans are going to cry for the #1 pick. Sheet, look happened with Manziel. Like I said, It's been tried 100 times in 100 different ways. 

Want to know which way we've not tried yet? Take the STUD RB #1.

38 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

These QB's are not Brady. They are more of the David Carr and Leaf incarnations. 

Mind you, this is the guy who spent months telling us that the Browns already have a franchise QB on their roster, and his name is Kevin Hogan.

• Haha 1

-From a random fan... no way in the hell you take a future bust in rosen over barry sanders 2.0 and im not a NYG fan

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mind you, this is the guy who spent months telling us that the Browns already have a franchise QB on their roster, and his name is Kevin Hogan.

There's another reason. Hogan might be the starter next year if Dorsey has his way. 

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

There's another reason. Hogan might be the starter next year if Dorsey has his way. 

If you are going to troll, at least stay consistent with your troll work.

Hogan with Barkley, Gordon, Coleman, Duke, Njoku and let's say James Washington or Cobbs Jr. and maybe a player like Pryor or some other potential playmaker... you're gonna tell me Hogan could not win games with that team? Go play with your playdough, it's drying out. 

I don't need to troll. I've told you repeatedly how to fix this team. All without burning the #1 overall pick on a potential bust QB. If you are so inclined to 'bust' on said QB, you can wait to do it with the #4... shh now, adults are talking. 

Tell me Dutch- go ahead and put your money down on the BEST rookie QB in the WORLD- the one the Browns are going to pick at #1 overall. Sure fire, can't miss. Let's end it. Call it. 

Poe's plan- #1 - Barkley - #4 - Mayfield/Fitzpatrick/Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Rudolph/Chubbs... just go ahead any pick anybody. Hell, I'll even give you the kicker if you want. 

Dutch's plan- "insert-here"

We'll see who's panned out. 

Leonard Fournette ran for like 1 ypc against Alabama.

Zeke ran for 200+ total.

Better surrounding cast or not, I think Barkley would be much closer to the former than the latter.

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

And your guy isn't Jim Brown.

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

FYI, we haven't drafted a QB in the top 10 since Couch either. Who's the stud RB for the Patriots this year? Brady has been through about six of them. Go worship at your Richardson shrine.

QB at #1 all day over an overrated rb who got held under 80 yds about 6 games. Zeke never got shut down like barkley was.  

Number #1 overall pick... hopefully.

Did a draft... took Rosen at 1, Giants take defense, Colts take Barkley...

Draft 2 - Rosen, Darnold, Barkley

Draft 3 - Rosen, NY trades to Wash, Darnold, Barkley

Draft 4 - Rosen, GUICE, Barkley

Draft 5 - Rosen, Donald, Barkley

.... Draft 6 ...

DONALD, Rosen, Barkley...

Draft 7 - Donald, NY trades to Cincy, Orlando Brown, Barkley...

Draft 8 - Donald, BARKLEY, Chubb DE

Dra... it's only insanity if you keep getting the same results right? 

Sam Donald and Josh Frozen are not the answer. Barkley #1. Bring back the BARK! WOOF! 

On 1/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, wargograw said:

Leonard Fournette ran for like 1 ypc against Alabama.

Zeke ran for 200+ total.

Better surrounding cast or not, I think Barkley would be much closer to the former than the latter.

ummm...you are getting your years confused.  The team zeke ran for 200+ on(really it was one big 80 yard run at the end of the game when they were already going to win that took it from a good game to a great game statistically) fournette ran for almost 4 ypc on.  Still they controlled him pretty well though.