THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

1) We get the #1 RB on the draft that many compare to Barry Sanders.

2) We get your QBOTF in Mayfield and we only take Jackson because he's the BPA. He's a project and he's a damn intriguing prospect, already better than Kizer. 

3) Why not pick up a player like Bo in the 5th? Even if we take Barkley #1 we should get a bruiser so we don't wear him out to soon. Do you suggest running Duke Johnson up the gut on 4th and inches? We should protect our #1 investment and look for a way to sustain him LONGTERM. 

4) A FB and a HB are not the same things. Vitale hasn't done much and Flowers is Mayfield's guy. He's a do it all FB and he's an immediate upgrade. 

5) Gonzales isn't that great, he did better toward the end of the year but it's obvious he needs some competition, Carlson has been a fine kicker with a strong leg. 

6) We addressed the CB position with DUKE DAWSON. Peppers and Kindred will be fine in the backfield, who do you cut then? McCourty and Taylor and BBC? Wilson should be healthy and looked like a steal before his injury last year. The secondary will be much better once we get the front seven to make an impact. The best way to help the secondary isn't by throwing more players at it but by improving the pass rush causing errant or rushed passes. 

7) I addressed the front 7 by adding Vita Vea, a monster of a NT. Put him next to Shelton and we have the most Dominant DL in the game. Garrett, Vea, Shelton, Ogbah with Nassib and Orchard subbing in. 

8) Wynn was a dominate run blocking OG for Georgia, he'll be good insurance should anything happen to Bitonio or Zeitler. 

9) I also added TWO HUGE WRS to help compliment Josh Gordon. Think about Gordon, Brown and Cobbs with Coleman and Njoku? The rest of the teams in the NFL are ones who are going to need those secondary players you're slobbering over lol

What I just gave you is one of the best drafts of all time my friend. Oh, btw, how did it work out for Washington when they took RG3 in the first and then they also drafted Kirk Cousins around where I took Jackson? 

I even got another TE so we can replace Telfer. 

Well your telling us that Barkley is the best player ever, so he doesn't need a No to get the short yardage, doesn't need the fullback to block for him, and won't wear out because he is that good.

And NO, you didn't take Jackson near where Cousins was taken, you see there are 7 rounds in the draft, and Cousins was a 4th rounder and NOT a 2nd. And taking Jackson is a wasted pick since you say Mayfield is the future.

And then there is the little bit about getting a DT and making it the best line in the league, Yea not close. And best receiving core, Na.

You seem to think that every guy you want to take is going to be the best player in the league. So asinine 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Well your telling us that Barkley is the best player ever, so he doesn't need a No to get the short yardage, doesn't need the fullback to block for him, and won't wear out because he is that good.

And NO, you didn't take Jackson near where Cousins was taken, you see there are 7 rounds in the draft, and Cousins was a 4th rounder and NOT a 2nd. And taking Jackson is a wasted pick since you say Mayfield is the future.

And then there is the little bit about getting a DT and making it the best line in the league, Yea not close. And best receiving core, Na.

You seem to think that every guy you want to take is going to be the best player in the league. So asinine 

I don't like being a finger buuuuuut- Braaaahh, You don't make any sense... learn how to read- I'm actually embarrassed for you. 

1a) Your spew about Barkley- 100% FAKE NEWS. 

1b) I've said FOR YEARS that we need a capable FB so don't be a Gippin' Dutch Oven. 

1c) I've said repeatedly that getting Barkley will OPEN UP THE PASSING ATTACK- so the defense can't just worry about Gordon because they'll have to respect our run game. 

1d) I said that IN ORDER TO PROTECT OUR #1 OVERALL DRAFT PICK (BARKLEY) IT WOULD BE BEST TO GET SOMEONE TO TAKE THE PUNISHING YARDS AND KEEP HIM PROTECTED! 

1e) Please reread section 1d.... What don't you comprehend about that? 

2a) The selection of Lamar Jackson was the last pick of the 2nd round- taken with the pick we get from the Eagles. AND- get this, since the Eagles just won the Superbowl, the pick we get from them is basically, get this- A THIRD ROUNDER NOW! 

2b) Getting Jackson to run some wild dawg offense could really throw the defense for a loop. They'd have to contend against the regular offense and then you bring in Jackson(who's been compared to Vick), all of a sudden they are unsure of how to defend. Watch the QB? Double Gordon? Saquon? Njoku? - use your imagination.

3) I really don't care what you think about our Defensive Line. As a matter of fact, our front seven is "titties"- and getting Vea to go next to Shelton in the middle would be the "nipple on the titty".  Jamie Collins and Ogbah coming back healthy added to Vea and Shelton with Garrett... go home gunz, your drunk.   

Listen Linda- listen, Linda, Linda. Listen to this Linda.  

On 2/4/2018 at 8:11 PM, PoeticG said:

Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Duke Dawson, CB, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 7 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Barkley is terrific, but again, the Browns need a power back. That isn't Barkley.

I like the Baker Mayfield pick, if the giants don't pick him first.

St. Brown - saw a few games - not impressed. From "withthefirstpick.com"...

Someone with his size who doesn’t high point the ball has less value. His speed helps, but St. Brown isn’t a true burner and needs to learn how to use his length more effectively.He also must develop a better overall feel for his route running. Too often, he initiates contact with the defender while running his routes. This disrupts the timing of the throw and makes life harder on the quarterback.For his size, he doesn’t consistently contribute as a run blocker. His lack of physicality is likely a source of frustration for the coaching staff.

He's lacking intensity - love for the game - not on my possibilities list.

Vita Vea - won't be there they say , he's a first rounder. 

Mike Gesicki could go in the 2nd maybe, if he is in the fourth round, I could see it.

Lamar Jackson - outstanding talent in college, not ready for the NFL. Better to draft Logan Woodside out of Toledo. I watched him compete in the college all-stars competition - in the accuracy passing - stationary and moving targets, he hit all the marks and ended up second on the competion - rosenbum was first only by two seconds, and where Woodside hit both moving distance targets, rosenbum completely missed the one, and hit the bottom of the other. woodside hit both, nailed the bullseye in the middle. You can probably get Woodside later in the draft - if he impresses at the combine - he could go in the fifth round? He isn't all that fast speed wise. If that is what you want, then you do have to go with Jackson instead.

Duke Dawson is a nice pick - he's only 5' 10", but plays bigger. It's said he's a nickle back. Need a bigtime shutdown cb earlier.

Too bad Simmie Cobbs has red flags on him - had a major confrontation with police at a concert. Ankle injury - law trouble could have been a drinking one time only out of character thing.  Rather take a chance on a tall high character sleeper wr. Also, speed and separation are a concern.

Isaiah Wynn is a serious player - bit short, 6'2", but is very athletic, could even play center. His workouts have him nearing the first round though - probably second, maybe third. He will never fall to the fifth round.

Bo Scarborough rb - I would love this pick, except he has never played a full season due to injuries. and he's a rb. I don't see drafting two rb's in this draft. Walter fb has him rated the 18th rb.

Dimitri Flowers, FB, Sure, nice pick.

Daniel Carlson, K, whatever. seventh round. he isn't better than what we have now.

I'd give your draft a D+, depending.

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

1) We get the #1 RB on the draft that many compare to Barry Sanders.

Only in your mind.

2) We get your QBOTF in Mayfield and we only take Jackson because he's the BPA. He's a project and he's a damn intriguing prospect, already better than Kizer. 

Intriguing is not a reason to take someone when you have other needs.

3) Why not pick up a player like Bo in the 5th? Even if we take Barkley #1 we should get a bruiser so we don't wear him out to soon. Do you suggest running Duke Johnson up the gut on 4th and inches? We should protect our #1 investment and look for a way to sustain him LONGTERM. 

If you took Barkley...he is the guy you run up the middle.....fool.

4) A FB and a HB are not the same things. Vitale hasn't done much and Flowers is Mayfield's guy. He's a do it all FB and he's an immediate upgrade. 

But...you are wasting a draft pick.  Vitale is probably just as good.

5) Gonzales isn't that great, he did better toward the end of the year but it's obvious he needs some competition, Carlson has been a fine kicker with a strong leg. 

We can get a dozen of them as UDFA if that is what you think.

6) We addressed the CB position with DUKE DAWSON. Peppers and Kindred will be fine in the backfield, who do you cut then? McCourty and Taylor and BBC? Wilson should be healthy and looked like a steal before his injury last year. The secondary will be much better once we get the front seven to make an impact. The best way to help the secondary isn't by throwing more players at it but by improving the pass rush causing errant or rushed passes. 

7) I addressed the front 7 by adding Vita Vea, a monster of a NT. Put him next to Shelton and we have the most Dominant DL in the game. Garrett, Vea, Shelton, Ogbah with Nassib and Orchard subbing in. 

8) Wynn was a dominate run blocking OG for Georgia, he'll be good insurance should anything happen to Bitonio or Zeitler. 

9) I also added TWO HUGE WRS to help compliment Josh Gordon. Think about Gordon, Brown and Cobbs with Coleman and Njoku? The rest of the teams in the NFL are ones who are going to need those secondary players you're slobbering over lol

These  last 4 are just roster fodder.

What I just gave you is one of the best drafts of all time my friend. Oh, btw, how did it work out for Washington when they took RG3 in the first and then they also drafted Kirk Cousins around where I took Jackson? 

They took Cousins in round 4...not in round 2.  If Jackson were there in round 4...then I would not have as much problem with it.

What you gave us was a pile of horseshite.

I even got another TE so we can replace Telfer. 

Telfer was like a 7th round pick....so you got another Telfer.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If he is the Village Idiot...and he is...what does that make Glommie?

Village ignoramus instead of how he views himself as Nostradamus 

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I don't like being a finger buuuuuut- Braaaahh, You don't make any sense... learn how to read- I'm actually embarrassed for you. 

1a) Your spew about Barkley- 100% FAKE NEWS. 

1b) I've said FOR YEARS that we need a capable FB so don't be a Gippin' Dutch Oven. 

1c) I've said repeatedly that getting Barkley will OPEN UP THE PASSING ATTACK- so the defense can't just worry about Gordon because they'll have to respect our run game. 

1d) I said that IN ORDER TO PROTECT OUR #1 OVERALL DRAFT PICK (BARKLEY) IT WOULD BE BEST TO GET SOMEONE TO TAKE THE PUNISHING YARDS AND KEEP HIM PROTECTED! 

1e) Please reread section 1d.... What don't you comprehend about that? 

2a) The selection of Lamar Jackson was the last pick of the 2nd round- taken with the pick we get from the Eagles. AND- get this, since the Eagles just won the Superbowl, the pick we get from them is basically, get this- A THIRD ROUNDER NOW! 

2b) Getting Jackson to run some wild dawg offense could really throw the defense for a loop. They'd have to contend against the regular offense and then you bring in Jackson(who's been compared to Vick), all of a sudden they are unsure of how to defend. Watch the QB? Double Gordon? Saquon? Njoku? - use your imagination.

3) I really don't care what you think about our Defensive Line. As a matter of fact, our front seven is "titties"- and getting Vea to go next to Shelton in the middle would be the "nipple on the titty".  Jamie Collins and Ogbah coming back healthy added to Vea and Shelton with Garrett... go home gunz, your drunk.   

Exactly what have I spewed about Barkley that is "fake news". He has not done ONE THING in the NFL and you are claiming him best thing ever. Your talk on him is the fake news. IF he ends up the best player of ALL TIME, what you are saying now is STILL fake news, as he hasn't proven ANYTHING as of yet. 

And if the Browns draft Barkley and 5 seconds after they do that they pick up the phone and call Rams and offer Barkley for Gurley, they would get laughed at and hung up on. Why? Because he hasn't proven ANYTHING.

How many times in the past has there been this "can't miss" prospect who didn't do a thing. But Barkley is immune to that apparently.

And yes, the way you talk about all these guys, you act as though every one of them will be the best player at their position. You say solve DB's with a 3rd rounder, a DT would turn the Browns into the best DL in the league, and every other team would fear the Browns receiving core. 

I'm not even saying a FB or kicker is a bad late round pick, if you can get contributors late, that is even better.

But YOU have told us Barkley is the best and can do everything better than anyone, so he can run in between the tackles and short yardage. And he is so great and the only pick and best, so there is no concern over injury.

And then the QBs, you say Mayfield is the future, but you want to spend a 2nd rounder on a player that will be used in a package a couple plays a game, and half of them as a diversion. And exactly why would you even use 1 pick on a QB when you have the franchise guy in Kevin Hogan? The team has A LOT OF NEEDS, you see they were 0-16. But i guess with Barkley, they will finally keep that champagne on ice for the Dolphins, and wont lose another game for 10 years.

I mean how can they lose? Best QB, Best RB, Best receiving core, top OL, Best DL, good LB and a fixed DB. And let's not forget the best kicker in the draft.

Don't worry gentlemen, he finally fixed the team, and by this time next year, the Browns will be celebrating a Super Bowl. And all the awards will be Browns players, and Barkley will have broken the rushing record, Josh Gordon the receiving record, and Hogan/Mayfield will both have HUGE seasons, and Jackson will make a BIG impact.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If he is the Village Idiot...and he is...what does that make Glommie?

Regarding Po, a stopped clock is right twice a day... He got Carr & Honey badger right, but sheeze Louise, Hogan (never seen that much love for a third string qb that was inactive for a bunch of games) and Richardson (who was the bestest beastest RB even after he was out of the NFL. That was until Barkley came along) more than cancel that out. :lol:

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Village ignoramus instead of how he views himself as Nostradamus 

+ Court Jester...  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Po, a stopped clock is right twice a day... He got Carr & Honey badger right, but sheeze Louise, Hogan (never seen that much love for a third string qb that was inactive for a bunch of games) and Richardson (who was the bestest beastest RB even after he was out of the NFL. That was until Barkley came along) more than cancel that out. :lol:

+ Court Jester...  

I think you nailed it.  Boy if this don't look like him, and that looks like an effigy of Swagger he is holding.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtVdXudvMjvSjEArPbEfS

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Exactly what have I spewed about Barkley that is "fake news". He has not done ONE THING in the NFL and you are claiming him best thing ever. Your talk on him is the fake news. IF he ends up the best player of ALL TIME, what you are saying now is STILL fake news, as he hasn't proven ANYTHING as of yet. 

Barkley has proved that he has ELITE SPEED, ELITE STRENGTH and ELITE AGILITY. He's also proved that he is an OUTSTANDING PASS CATCHER. He's proved that he can protect the ball and doesn't fumble. He's proved that he has EXCELLENT CHARACTER and can be the FACE OF THE FRANCHISE. 

And if the Browns draft Barkley and 5 seconds after they do that they pick up the phone and call Rams and offer Barkley for Gurley, they would get laughed at and hung up on. Why? Because he hasn't proven ANYTHING.

You can make up any kind of scenario that you want but the fact that Barkley is a superior prospect to Gurley or Zeke coming out is self-evident.

How many times in the past has there been this "can't miss" prospect who didn't do a thing. But Barkley is immune to that apparently.

Yes, Barkley is largely immune to the probability of busting.... barring injury. 

And yes, the way you talk about all these guys, you act as though every one of them will be the best player at their position. You say solve DB's with a 3rd rounder, a DT would turn the Browns into the best DL in the league, and every other team would fear the Browns receiving core. 

It's kind of what I do. Why hate a brother for being good at what he does?

I'm not even saying a FB or kicker is a bad late round pick, if you can get contributors late, that is even better.

We are FULL of young talent, we only need a few pieces here and there and the chance to let the guys we have develop.

But YOU have told us Barkley is the best and can do everything better than anyone, so he can run in between the tackles and short yardage. And he is so great and the only pick and best, so there is no concern over injury.

1- He is better than anyone in this draft. 2- Injuries are not something anyone is immune to... What a silly thing to say.

And then the QBs, you say Mayfield is the future, but you want to spend a 2nd rounder on a player that will be used in a package a couple plays a game, and half of them as a diversion. And exactly why would you even use 1 pick on a QB when you have the franchise guy in Kevin Hogan? The team has A LOT OF NEEDS, you see they were 0-16. But i guess with Barkley, they will finally keep that champagne on ice for the Dolphins, and wont lose another game for 10 years.

1)Basically it's a 3rd rounder. The last pick of the second round is basically a 3rd round pick. We'll pick back to back, last pick of the second and the first pick of the third... would it make any difference if I drafted a different player with the last pick of the 2nd and then took the QB with the first pick of the 3rd? 

2)Again with the Kevin Hogan nonsense? Wow, I clearly addressed this last night.

3)I think that you are DEAD WRONG in the assessment that this team has "A LOT OF NEEDS". Really bro, The Browns were within striking distance in half of their games. A few plays here and there, eliminating a few drops, a few errant passes, and simply limiting the dumb penalties would put us at 8-8. Put the gun down and step away from the ledge, it's not that bad.  

I mean how can they lose? Best QB, Best RB, Best receiving core, top OL, Best DL, good LB and a fixed DB. And let's not forget the best kicker in the draft.

I agree with your statement. Good job. 

Nick Foles just won the Superbowl. It doesn't take the BEST QB in the NFL to win it all. You just can't play like Kizer did. You have to play smart, play with heart and never give up until the final whistle.

Josh Gordon is the BEST WR in the game. Barkley would give us the BEST RB. We would have a TOP OL and the BEST DL and good LB- unless you don't think Kirksey, Show and Collins are good. And our DBs will be fine, along with the rest of the Defense if our OFFENSE could put pressure on the other team.  

Don't worry gentlemen, he finally fixed the team, and by this time next year, the Browns will be celebrating a Super Bowl. And all the awards will be Browns players, and Barkley will have broken the rushing record, Josh Gordon the receiving record, and Hogan/Mayfield will both have HUGE seasons, and Jackson will make a BIG impact.

Leave it to me homey, I got this.

50 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm not addressing most of this because it's you just THINKING either you are the best talent evaluator ever (along with Ghoolie) and that everyone you pick is going to be the best, but I will address one thing once and for all.

Barkley can have all of these ELITE phases, he can end up as the best ever, but he has not PROVEN ANYTHING OR HAD 1 SINGLE SNAP IN THE NFL. Which means to everyone except you apparently that he is UNPROVEN. He may be a superior PROSPECT, but both Zeke and Gurley have proven it on the NFL stage.

And NO "homey" you certainly don't have this. You make yourself look bad when you say a 2nd rounder is the same as a 4th. Had you said last pick in 2nd and 3rd, you have more cred, but that is an ENTIRE round

I am a "pretty good" talent evaluator.

The "best" ever? For "ever-ever"?

I don't know about all that homey- I just "know" that what I "know". What I do is, I "extrapolate the information available" and "project"- I call this "visualizing".  

I actually "go into the future" and "see" it, then "come back" and tell you what I "saw" homey. That's all. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I don't know about all that homey- I just "know" that what I "know". What I do is, I "extrapolate the information available" and "project"- I call this "visualizing".  

I actually "go into the future" and "see" it, then "come back" and tell you what I "saw" homey. That's all. 

Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking, please. 

Damn, you have a crystal ball? :lol:  Can't hardly believe it.  I hate to put on my Moderator Hat, but I'd suggest you listen up. 

Nope, regarding your talent evaluation skills you're being unrealistic. You've had some hits- and some horrible misses. Your problems are you won't let it go when you're dead wrong, and are clueless as to when enough is enough to stop pumping up a player. Worse than Ghoolie with Paxton Lynch. Totally blew it on Trent Richardson- he was out of football and you think he's got talent? Hogan is third string for a reason. He's not even going to be on the team this fall. So plan on following his backup career with another franchise. 

It's annoying as hell to get fed a nonstop stream of Barkley info, and has been for weeks. Gipper's dog slobbering analogy is spot on. Most of us who have two communicating neurons are smart enough to get as much info on Saquon as we deem necessary to form an opinion. Here's a reality check. Yes, some mocks have him going #1, a few don't even have him in the top 5. To say we're going to draft a qb in the top four, and then draft Lamar Jackson in the second round on top of it? Plain flat out crazy and will never happen. I could go on, but I won't. 

• 528 replies

Five thousand, six hundred views and 528 replies would seem to disagree with you. 

Seems to me "the people" know what they want :) What does it mean? I don't know, but it gets the people going!

If a whiney handful on nonbelievers don't want to hear about the phenom Barkley, don't click. It's really that simple.

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Damn, you have a crystal ball? :lol:  Can't hardly believe it.  I hate to put on my Moderator Hat, but I'd suggest you listen up. 

Nope, regarding your talent evaluation skills you're being unrealistic. You've had some hits- and some horrible misses. Your problems are you won't let it go when you're dead wrong, and are clueless as to when enough is enough to stop pumping up a player. Worse than Ghoolie with Paxton Lynch. Totally blew it on Trent Richardson- he was out of football and you think he's got talent? Hogan is third string for a reason. He's not even going to be on the team this fall. So plan on following his backup career with another franchise. 

It's annoying as hell to get fed a nonstop stream of Barkley info, and has been for weeks. Gipper's dog slobbering analogy is spot on. Most of us who have two communicating neurons are smart enough to get as much info on Saquon as we deem necessary to form an opinion. Here's a reality check. Yes, some mocks have him going #1, a few don't even have him in the top 5. To say we're going to draft a qb in the top four, and then draft Lamar Jackson in the second round on top of it? Plain flat out crazy and will never happen. I could go on, but I won't. 

I was right about Trent Richardson. We actually traded UP to draft him. My evaluation of him was spot on. He contributed mightily as a rookie, enough so that the Colts parted ways with a first rounder for his contract. Sooo I don't see how I was wrong here. 

Now for Kevin Hogan- Kizer went 0-15 as a starter last year. Hogan only got to start one game, one game against a hot texas team- with NO RECEIVERS and Crowfell as his runningback, our defense didn't do him any favors early either. Either way, he still won the backup job out the gate, he beat out Kessler and Osweiler- you've got to at least give me that. So projecting our 4th string QB to earn his shot at his only start was something I called in OTAs was damn near prophetic. 

...and you think I don't got no crystal ball, huh? B)

I was right about Trent Richardson. We actually traded UP to draft him. My evaluation of him was spot on. He contributed mightily as a rookie, enough so that the Colts parted ways with a first rounder for his contract. Sooo I don't see how I was wrong here. 

Now for Kevin Hogan- Kizer went 0-15 as a starter last year. Hogan only got to start one game, one game against a hot texas team- with NO RECEIVERS and Crowfell as his runningback, our defense didn't do him any favors early either. Either way, he still won the backup job out the gate, he beat out Kessler and Osweiler- you've got to at least give me that. So projecting our 4th string QB to earn his shot at his only start was something I called in OTAs was damn near prophetic. 

...and you think I don't got no crystal ball, huh? B)

You're delusional. Richardson was a one year flash in the pan that turned into a humongous bust. That pick we got from the Colts turned into Johnny Football, so we got nothing for our troubles. 

29 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

If a whiney handful on nonbelievers don't want to hear about the phenom Barkley, don't click. It's really that simple.

People stop and gawk at car wrecks too....  

Look, give me Barkley #1 and you can have your pick of QB at #4. 

Who do you want at QB?

Pick one, anyone you want- I'll guarantee you that you get him at #4.

Can you guys even agree on who you want at QB? Because I don't think you can. 

NY and INDY don't need QBs, they won't be taking one this high and they aren't trading the pick. That leaves us the pick of the litter at 4. 

However, both teams will be looking to take Barkley if he's there. If we don't let them off the hook we'll force them to support their QBs in other ways. They both struggled last year but expect to ascend back to the playoffs next year. They will most likely look at protecting the QB with an OL pick OR drafting the best Defensive Player available. 

Derek Carr and the Mathieu pick, I'd add in Burfict as well, as I was super adamant on picking him up, actually I don't think you've given me the benefit of the doubt ever. Give me this one- give me Barkley #1 and you can have whoever you want at 4.

Here's the deal- If it doesn't work out, if Barkley isn't a gamechanger and we don't finish over .500 next year, I'll never post another thing about a potential draft pick, ever. 

Do we have a deal?

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Look, give me Barkley #1 and you can have your pick of QB at #4. 

Who do you want at QB?

Pick one, anyone you want- I'll guarantee you that you get him at #4.

Can you guys even agree on who you want at QB? Because I don't think you can. 

NY and INDY don't need QBs, they won't be taking one this high and they aren't trading the pick. That leaves us the pick of the litter at 4. 

However, both teams will be looking to take Barkley if he's there. If we don't let them off the hook we'll force them to support their QBs in other ways. They both struggled last year but expect to ascend back to the playoffs next year. They will most likely look at protecting the QB with an OL pick OR drafting the best Defensive Player available. 

This is why this thread has stretched to 22 pages. Repeat yourself much, or chose to ignore there are other possibilities, that some of us are trying to get through your thick head for um- the 10th time? 

1) NY EASILY could decide to draft their QBOTF to sit a year or two behind Manning- who's 37 years old as of this past January. 

2) The Colts will CERTAINLY  listen to offers to trade down and swap places with the QB needy Broncos or Jets (there's only one Kirk Cousins). DUH- Indy will as easily be able to get a stud OT (Browns sure aren't drafting one) at #5-#6 as at #3, and pickup an nice bonus selection. 

SO FOR ABOUT THE 10TH AND LAST TIME, SHOULD THE BROWNS DRAFT THEIR QB #1 OVERALL, IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THE FIRST THREE PICKS COULD BE QUARTERBACKS- LEAVING BARKLEY THERE FOR US AT #4. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? Dorsey (unlike you) realizes we take Barkley #1, we could be looking at our third choice QB. Love you some Paxton Lynch? Didn't think so. Only way we get Barkley and the pick of the litter QB is (as Ghoolie suggested) to trade up from #4 to the Giants #2, and if they have the same QB they've fallen in love with as the Browns- it ain't happening. 

22 pages and I'm more convinced than ever that nobody here or the talking heads in print and online know what's going to happen. 

Plus historically most teams don't like to tip their hands on what they intend to do. 

The funny thing about this thread is that @cdl15 started the fire and PoG has brought a hundred trucks with fuel. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I hate to put on my Moderator Hat, but I'd suggest you listen up. 

Worse than Ghoolie  

^^Please quit letting this Board Whore make repeated topics so he can pound his chest on views.we had several SB topics..

thanks, you guys do a good job..shame One needs Special Ed.. 

Archived