THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

Thanks for the welcome, sorry so slow---getting use to this site here. In a perfect world, Cousins would be great (if he's the real deal for us), take Barkley @ #1, and that stud CB @ #4 or the BEST OT. Whichever of these two are not taken at #4 should definitely be picked up in FA. We should also pick up an additional OL and CB/S as well in FA/draft. If they don't get Cousins, and are taking a QB, their guy will be there @ #4, so why pass on the RB if they want him? That was the point of my post because many believe Indy will snag him @ #3. Is he that good? I'd hate to pass on him if he is! If not, I'd just as soon pass on him and snag one of the Georgia backs in round 2! :) Love your footer, btw. You forgot Air Force, hahaha! Adding, thanks for your service as well.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, bunkster said:

Thanks for the welcome, sorry so slow---getting use to this site here. In a perfect world, Cousins would be great (if he's the real deal for us), take Barkley @ #1, and that stud CB @ #4 or the BEST OT. Whichever of these two are not taken at #4 should definitely be picked up in FA. We should also pick up an additional OL and CB/S as well in FA/draft. If they don't get Cousins, and are taking a QB, their guy will be there @ #4, so why pass on the RB if they want him? That was the point of my post because many believe Indy will snag him @ #3. Is he that good? I'd hate to pass on him if he is! If not, I'd just as soon pass on him and snag one of the Georgia backs in round 2! :) Love your footer, btw. You forgot Air Force, hahaha! Adding, thanks for your service as well.

Yeah and all sites have their little quirks getting the boxes right. My dad was the NAVY guy in WWII and Korea, I've always been a big military history buff, also wanted to go to Annapolis when I was young, really wanted to play football there but a knee injury in high school kind of wiped that out.

On the BROWNS draft I never really got into mock drafts too much but this year should be interesting with 12 well placed picks, April 26-28 should be fun. You sure don't want to blow a #1 and 4 pick of the litter! They have a great grouping for need positions:

A ton of NFL Draft capital and some interesting tidbits:

• 2 picks in the Top 5
  • 4 picks in the Top 35
  • 5 picks in the Top 60
  • 7 Picks in the Top 108 (Huge in a deep Draft where Top 100 picks are held in high esteem, Browns own a normal full Drafts of picks by pick #108)
  • 4 sets of picks clustered near each other: 1 & 4, 33 & 35, 60 & 65 and 137 & 145
  • 12 picks overall, though it wouldn't be a shock to see a few dealt for veterans or to move up.

Oh my footer as you can see I'm a lifelong sports fan primary football and baseball but I list them out!

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nothing says blowing a #1 or #4 overall pick like continually stumping for a RB to be taken with one of them.

Eh in the BROWNS case it might be a need.....risky but a need to help out the newbie QB? Again with two top 4 picks.

But skip the first round and get a serviceable RB at 33 or 35. Again if they do NOT get an experienced QB before the draft #1 or 4 will be a rookie savior guy.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes, yes, Gipper, Ghoolie qualities should not be given to anyone. There is only one Ghoolie and he is me. I am the most accurate football prognosticator and expert regardless of the theater and geography. 

I don't think so....why don't you and POG  have a contest to see who is better....or worse.

But, I digress. I don't have time for this schidt........ I am busy selling one of my homes, getting my garage ready for a Harley, and trying to figure out how to hide my wife's guns so I am safe when I bring the bike home. 

Also, I am writing another Irish tune. This time for WSS. I may sing on this one, in honor of my great, long time friend.

Here is some music for all of you. It will hopefully cause you to take a break from trying to launch grenades at me.

1) Ride The High Country....... a simple demo of a song I am pitching to a movie maker for a new cowboy project.

2) A short diddy of That's Amore'....because I love you all.

Enjoy.

Ride The High Country - Final.mp3

That's Amore.mp3

Contest? There is no contest. NOBODY anywhere can match my insight and accuracy.

Many people are getting on board with getting Saquon Barkley #1 and then going after the QBOTF at #4. 

NY could take Darnold or Rosen. 

The Colts may take Chubb or OT to support Luck.

We then could take Allen/Mayfield or either Rosen or Darnold- whichever one is left. 

I don't see us getting Barkley at 4, he'd be long gone by then. 

One thing I've heard is that Josh Allen has a tremendous Play Action fake... if that's the case, with the Defense having to respect Barkley's run ability, should they bite that's leaving Gordon with a one on one that he's likely to win EVERY TIME. No corner can cover Josh Gordon, nobody. 

Just now, PoeticG said:

Many people are getting on board with getting Saquon Barkley #1 and then going after the QBOTF at #4. 

We then could take Allen/Mayfield or either Rosen or Darnold- whichever one is left. 

One thing I've heard is that Josh Allen has a tremendous Play Action fake... if that's the case, with the Defense having to respect Barkley's run ability, should they bite that's leaving Gordon with a one on one that he's likely to win EVERY TIME. No corner can cover Josh Gordon, nobody. 

:lol::lol:

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

:lol::lol:

You find it funny huh? 

You don't believe that the play action fake is supported by having a home run threat at running back? 

12 hours ago, bunkster said:

Let's just say there's some violent disagreement about chasing after Cousins with a Brinks truck full of money.  that's the only reason the talking heads are saying the Browns will make a play for him. We have more Cap Space than everyone except the 49ers. 

29 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm not in favor Barkley #1 overall, and you should know that by now. RB hasn't gone that high in over 20 years, and I don't see it happening this year either. Only way that (qb @ #4) happens for the Browns is if we have 3 QBs rated the same. (we won't) We take Barkley, you can bet the Giants will take a qb. Broncos may swap picks with the Colts to take their QB, assuming they don't land Cousins. That leaves us the third qb-  want to pray we luck out and the one we really want is still there? 

OTOH, we take our QB #1 overall, and the Giants and Broncos (in a trade up) take QBs. Guess who's still there at #4? Your dreamboat. If you don't think the Colts will be really interested in a trade down for picks instead of taking Barkley- I can't help you there. Going from #3 to #5 (or #6 with the Jets) Indy doesn't get Barkley, but they do get an extra second round pick, and draft a bodyguard like Orlando Brown (or similar) to keep Andrew Luck in one piece. 

I wish I could find (I'm not going to spend time looking for it) that cleveland.com podcast- it's around 40 minutes long- where they dissected what the Browns might do at #1 and #4. They literally tore Allen apart with some pretty damning stats. What good is Gordon getting open with Allen not being able to get the ball in the same area code 1\2 the time? Accuracy matters Po- and Allen has yet to prove he's even close to being accurate- and I watched a bunch of his games. Ditto no to Barkley @ #1. 

Just now, PoeticG said:

You find it funny huh? 

You don't believe that the play action fake is supported by having a home run threat at running back? 

I find it funny because there really isn't a QB in this class I've seen thus far with a ball action fake that I can appreciate.

And I don't think any fake will be made better by having Barkley as your back.  

32 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

You find it funny huh? 

Jim Brown,  do you remember 11 trying to stop 1? Made Gary Collins' numbers look real good!

I don't know what you guys are saying? I'm saying that it's a team game, and the threat of Barkley getting the ball IS going to freeze the LBs and cause the  DL to shift focus from the QB. If they bite on the play action that is going to lead to a big gain. If they don't respect the play action and Barkley get the ball then they are going to be a step to late to make the play on the run. 
Barkley gets you that second of uncertainty or that coveted step that you need to get the yards you need to be successful. 
What are you guys not agreeing with? I think that you are simply aggressively disagreeing with any statement or assessment that doesn't fit your narrative... It's time to get on board. 

14 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Yes, yes, Gipper, Ghoolie qualities should not be given to anyone. There is only one Ghoolie and he is me. I am the most accurate football prognosticator and expert regardless of the theater and geography. 

But, I digress. I don't have time for this schidt........ I am busy selling one of my homes, getting my garage ready for a Harley, and trying to figure out how to hide my wife's guns so I am safe when I bring the bike home. 

Also, I am writing another Irish tune. This time for WSS. I may sing on this one, in honor of my great, long time friend.

Here is some music for all of you. It will hopefully cause you to take a break from trying to launch grenades at me.

1) Ride The High Country....... a simple demo of a song I am pitching to a movie maker for a new cowboy project.

2) A short diddy of That's Amore'....because I love you all.

Enjoy.

Ride The High Country - Final.mp3

That's Amore.mp3

Again, what FOOTBALL insight do you have? Been trying to get the answer since I have been on here. Not some prediction about the team will suck, etc. But the game of FOOTBALL insight

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Let's just say there's some violent disagreement about chasing after Cousins with a Brinks truck full of money.  that's the only reason the talking heads are saying the Browns will make a play for him. We have more Cap Space than everyone except the 49ers. 

I'm not in favor Barkley #1 overall, and you should know that by now. RB hasn't gone that high in over 20 years, and I don't see it happening this year either. Only way that (qb @ #4) happens for the Browns is if we have 3 QBs rated the same. (we won't) We take Barkley, you can bet the Giants will take a qb. Broncos may swap picks with the Colts to take their QB, assuming they don't land Cousins. That leaves us the third qb-  want to pray we luck out and the one we really want is still there? 

OTOH, we take our QB #1 overall, and the Giants and Broncos (in a trade up) take QBs. Guess who's still there at #4? Your dreamboat. If you don't think the Colts will be really interested in a trade down for picks instead of taking Barkley- I can't help you there. Going from #3 to #5 (or #6 with the Jets) Indy doesn't get Barkley, but they do get an extra second round pick, and draft a bodyguard like Orlando Brown (or similar) to keep Andrew Luck in one piece. 

I wish I could find (I'm not going to spend time looking for it) that cleveland.com podcast- it's around 40 minutes long- where they dissected what the Browns might do at #1 and #4. They literally tore Allen apart with some pretty damning stats. What good is Gordon getting open with Allen not being able to get the ball in the same area code 1\2 the time? Accuracy matters Po- and Allen has yet to prove he's even close to being accurate- and I watched a bunch of his games. Ditto no to Barkley @ #1. 

Exactly. PO seems to think that just because Indy has a QB that they will stay there and pick his man crush. They can trade, and that team would then take the QB.

Goff, Wentz, Lynch. Yea the 3rd QB option is a GOOD one.

But what do I know, the Browns are better off going into the season with the 3rd QB choice, apparently the BEST player of ALL TIME before he is even on a team, and Kevin Hogan  (who couldn't beat out Kessler, RG3, or Kizer).

Speaking about Barkley, I wonder if they already made his bust for Canton? By the time he is done (or even STARTED) he will have his own wing. Gosh, what am I saying? They will build a new Hall of Fame just for him

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I disagree here Poe.  Here's 2 scenarios and I think the 2nd one is far more likely given the importance of the QB position and how deep this draft is at RB.

Scenario A:

1) Cleveland drafts Barkley in lieu of their pick of the litter at the most important position in football today

2) NYG draft a QB

3) Denver trades up from #5 to draft a QB ahead of Cleveland -or- Buffalo trades its 2 first round picks to Indy to draft a QB

4) Cleveland drafts the 3rd QB

Scenario B:

1) Cleveland drafts a QB

2) NYG drafts a QB

3) Denver or Buffalo (with 2 first round picks) trades up with Indy to draft a QB

4) Cleveland drafts Barkley

16 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I disagree here Poe.  Here's 2 scenarios and I think the 2nd one is far more likely given the importance of the QB position and how deep this draft is at RB.

Scenario A:

1) Cleveland takes Barkley in lieu of their pick of the litter at the most important position in football today

2) NYG take a QB

3) Denver trades up from #5 to take a QB ahead of Cleveland -or- Buffalo trades its two first round picks to take a QB

4) Cleveland takes the 3rd QB

Scenario B:

1) Cleveland takes a QB

2) NYG takes a QB

3) Denver or Buffalo (with 2 first round picks) trades up with Indy to draft a QB

4) Cleveland takes Barkley

Tom,

I think scenario draft plans are exactly why the Browns keep getting the short end of the draft. This business of taking the best available player available is not enough. Everyone does that. Since 1999 the Browns have not had one-single remarkable draft. THe Browns are not going to ever gain ground on the top teams by having unremarkable drafts. In 2017, the Bears had a remarkable draft.

Just taking two players when their turns come up, isn't going to do jack schidt. 

Whoever the QB is, the Browns need to take him, But that is also not enough. For the Browns to have a remarkable draft, they need to surprise and be bold in round #1.

If it is my team?

I am taking the QB I want, I am taking Barkley, and I am taking the best WR in the draft. To do that, the Browns need to pick #1, #2, and Perhaps #5. With the 4th pick, I would draft a monster to play next to homosexual Myles Garrett. Garrett needs someone to take the double teams away so his speed can serve our defense.

SO, how do you get #1, #2 and #4 (or 5)? Trade UP................

Joe Thomas and the #4 to get to 2? Corey Coleman and next year's #1 to get this year's 2?

Don't know, but THAT woudl be a remarkable draft. Picking #1 and hen hoping for the best at #4? Horrible logic. 

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Tom,

I think scenario draft plans are exactly why the Browns keep getting the short end of the draft. This business of taking the best available player available is not enough. Everyone does that. Since 1999 the Browns have not had one-single remarkable draft. THe Browns are not going to ever gain ground on the top teams by having unremarkable drafts. In 2017, the Bears had a remarkable draft.

Just taking two players when their turns come up, isn't going to do jack schidt. 

Whoever the QB is, the Browns need to take him, But that is also not enough. For the Browns to have a remarkable draft, they need to surprise and be bold in round #1.

If it is my team?

I am taking the QB I want, I am taking Barkley, and I am taking the best WR in the draft. To do that, the Browns need to pick #1, #2, and Perhaps #5. With the 4th pick, I would draft a monster to play next to homosexual Myles Garrett. Garrett needs someone to take the double teams away so his speed can serve our defense.

Joe Thomas and the #4 to get to 2? Corey Coleman and next year's #1 to get this year's 2?

Don't know, but THAT woudl be a remarkable draft. Picking #1 and hen hoping for the best at #4? Horrible logic. 

A lot of this I agree with Ghoolie. Well done!  

I was merely giving Poe my only preferred scenario where we could get Barkley at #4 way easier than he thinks. I think there's going to be a dog fight of the ages watching Elway and Buffalo go at it for Indy's pick at #3 for a QB.  Once the first QB comes off the board - the run on them leapfrogs the BPA thing like it usually does. In doing so, no other positions have been drafted by the time #4 comes up and we can either have Barkley or any other pick of the litter.  That was my only scenario until you reminded me "if it takes balls to win in this league then show up to the draft with grapefruits and trade-up!"

If you like trading (keep in mind there's a good chance Joe Thomas retires) - the time to trade Josh Gordon couldn't be any better for good value.  We can sweeten it up with Corey Coleman.  Meanwhile we'll have the money to sign a FA Pro Bowl WR like Jarvis Landry and possibly draft another WR in round 1 via tradeup like you said... I don't know if you've had a chance to see Anthony Miller play there in Memphis but he could be a real nice pick for us in round 2 or 3.

I'm sure everyone agrees that until the FA period is over for the Browns FO, then we can't really speculate about our best draft options. Last day of restricted FA signing is April 20.

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-important-nfl-dates/

Resign Trent and draft Barkley #1. Thunder and Lightning! Let's do this!

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:
What are you guys not agreeing with? I think that you are simply aggressively disagreeing with any statement or assessment that doesn't fit your narrative... It's time to get on board.     

1008 total plays..384 rush(4.5/carry)38.1% of play calls rushing..624 passes found target 312 times of 3 QB's, 61.4 % of play calls passing..54.48% were completed..Hue/Haley could line up Barkley & Jim Brown in backfield till cows come home. They would split 1 carry a piece each set of downs... up the middle..QB's with 54% completion rate threaten no one sitting 8 in box till teams get them out..

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

SO, how do you get #1, #2 and #4 (or 5)? Trade UP...............

you know damn well nobody wants Gary Coleman as a trade piece..LOL.Gettleman would love to protect Eli with JT but Gettleman is no gambler on age nor injuries either. Mitchell cost Bears to move from #3 to #2 a 3rd(67)//a 4th(111) & Bears 3rd this coming draft..imo..Gettelman's not giving up the #2 spot..why would he? he needs both RB & QB..Pick 4 to 3?...were not going to give up enough pieces from further back train cars that will run into Colts slot at #3..  

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Many people use heroin.

Both are bad ideas.

There are probably more posts that get deleted before I've sent them than posts that actually make it through.

Momma always says- "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." 

You should look into that ;)

With the depth at RB in this years class, I'll be a bit disappointed if they pick Barkley in the top 4.  Ronald Jones, Kerryon Johnson, Guice, N.Chubb, Michel, Penny ect can be had in the 2nd or 3rd.

If they're able to sign Cousins, gimme Chubb and Fitzpatrick with the first two picks.  If not, a QB+Chubb/Fitzpatrick would be good.

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Resign Trent and draft Barkley #1. Thunder and Lightning! Let's do this!

Wow, Trent & Hogan. I haven't done any drugs that good in 40 years. I think that last lightning strike that hit you has caused serious brain damage....   

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Tom,

If it is my team?

How do you talk so bad about someone, and then think they can net you a top 5 pick?

Logic wasn't taught to you was it?

Getting top QB, Barkley, and Ridley is a dream that isn't coming true.

It would be better getting QB, DEF, and RB in 2nd.

We could:

Free Agency- Cousins, Pryor

Draft- Barkley, Mayfield

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

There are probably more posts that get deleted before I've sent them than posts that actually make it through.

Momma always says- "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." 

You should look into that ;)

So you are telling us that there are posts of yours unsent that are worse than you suggesting the Browns re-signing Trent Richardson - who is a certified bust out of the NFL - and drafting Barkley #1 overall.

That is terrifying.

29 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

We could:

Free Agency- Cousins, Pryor

Draft- Barkley, Mayfield

Barkley looks like the next Marshall Faulk.  Mayfield looks like the next Drew Brees.  Sounds good.  Gordon makes them a sweet triplets.  Barkley and Mayfield are the safest bets to turn this offense and potentially the entire franchise around.

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

How do you talk so bad about someone, and then think they can net you a top 5 pick?

Logic wasn't taught to you was it?

Getting top QB, Barkley, and Ridley is a dream that isn't coming true.

It would be better getting QB, DEF, and RB in 2nd.

Just because have a realistic view of Coleman and Thomas, doesn't mean assshole NFL execs have the same smarts.There is enough hype of Blow Thomas.. Use him and Coleman with next year's #1 to net a #1 #2 #5  Anything less, then the Browns are just coasting.

Archived