THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't know if I can take this Saquon blabbering until the end of April. :(

Who knew we would long for the days of Po jerking off 3rd string QB Kevin Hogan every day?    Does anyone know if Barkley has a restraining order on Po yet?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sorry Z, Cousins said @ the SB winning is more important. Hope you noticed our Redskins visitors weren't super keen on him. Neither am I, contract talk will start at Stafford's $135 million and go up from there. If you've been following the chatter, the Broncos are for sure in play to make a bid for Kirk.

Anymore, I'm not into instant gratification, at the cost of long term success and a quick trip to cap hell. 

We couldn't be further from cap hell, even if we sign Cousins.

It's time to quit hating on the franchise. We have the people, the picks, and the resources to do more than any other team.

If Cousins goes to Denver, we should all be extremely happy because we are still drafting the best QB in the draft. If we get him, we should be extremely happy because we just moved the most important position light years ahead and have more pieces in the draft.

Either way we should be extremely happy this offseason. It's going to be a great one and the future looks bright. Wouldn't want to be following any other franchise from this point forward.

Zombo

so Barkley #1 Fitzpatrick #4, get some WR help in the 2nd round and have the QB room next season be Kizer, vet QB and Hogan/Kessler (whoever beats the other out in camp).  I could get behind that.  I don't think it will happen because of Haslam's hankering for a top choice QB, but time will tell. Alternatively, Darnold-Rosen-Mayfield go 1,2, and 3 and we'll still have Barkley at #4.  Also acceptable, as long as the Browns end up with Mayfield ;)

Is it too soon to be optimistic about next year?  It can't get any worse, right?  I am a bit interested to see how Kizer looks next season with a year of NFL experience under his belt and a full off-season of working with Coleman and Gordon.

28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I don't know if I can take this Saquon blabbering until the end of April. :(

Well...you said you had no power here to do anything about it.   

Even autocorrect powers?     You could change his name to Suckquon? 

(I know...unfair to the player...who might actually be good.  But...I mean....who wants to consume anything that has Dog Slobber all over it?

giphy-2.gif

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Saquon Barkley is the LeBron James of football. 

Barkley is going to get us close to a Championship and then leave for Miami?

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Barkley is going to get us close to a Championship and then leave for Miami?

:lol:

Well give the Barkley guys their moment in the sun......afterall he hasn't been hit by the brutal NFL guys yet.

2 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well give the Barkley guys their moment in the sun......afterall he hasn't been hit by the brutal NFL guys yet.

... and yet there's no concern over his limited ability to break tackles.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Ooooooohhhhh, they'll kill him......oh wait I'm in the Barkley camp. :blush:

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh I get it- there's some in Barkley's corner who think he's the wonderfullest, awesomest, incrediblest running back ever. Even though he's nowhere close to the 9.0 he'd need from NFL.com to be a "once in a lifetime player". Better than JIm Brown on his best day, will drag 5 defenders into the end zone with him, can outrun Patrick Peterson in a 40, shiftier than Eric Metcalf.  :lol: Better than Ladanian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson- who I've pointed out didn't get drafted #1 overall. Before he's ever played a snap in the NFL. 

I just wish his #1 fan would give it a rest already- he's posted enough stuff (make that crap) on Barkley, he's not going to change anyone's mind. It's February 1st, and the draft isn't until April 26th. By my math that's around 84 days away, and we've already beaten this horse to death a couple weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

We couldn't be further from cap hell, even if we sign Cousins.

It's time to quit hating on the franchise. We have the people, the picks, and the resources to do more than any other team.

If Cousins goes to Denver, we should all be extremely happy because we are still drafting the best QB in the draft. If we get him, we should be extremely happy because we just moved the most important position light years ahead and have more pieces in the draft.

Either way we should be extremely happy this offseason. It's going to be a great one and the future looks bright. Wouldn't want to be following any other franchise from this point forward.

Zombo

Happy, happy joy, joy Z.  I'm not the Curmudgeon in the survival pool for no reason. I'm mildly hopeful, but like they say in Missouri "SHOW ME" before I get excited. We just lost out on Smith, if Cousins stays true to his word, he's not coming to Cleveland either. Even if he does, it's premature to start thinking a winning record, much less playoffs. Hold off printing the Super Bowl tickets for a couple years at least. This is nowhere close to the Bronco's situation when they landed Manning. in fact, I'm pretty confident John Boy is going to try mighty hard to repeat that coup. MHO? Kirk on the Browns is buying a very expensive ticket on a plane that has a fair amount of air miles on it- that may not take you to the destination you want to wind up at. We get Cousins, it's "all in" for the next 4 years, I'd rather hedge my bets. 

I've been pretty clear on what I want to see happen. Nab the best FA bridge qb we can get. (I don't want McCarron at the cost of our #33.) Draft the best QB we have on our board- who's going to have a lot longer shelf life than Cousins, hope Barkley falls to #4. If he doesn't take Fitzpatrick or Chubb. Grab our running back @ #33 Sony Michel or equivalent. Right now our needs are #1 franchise qb- and it's not even close, DBs, RB, WR.  That's my take, love it or hate it. MHO it will get us to the Super Bowl just as soon as giving Cousins a Brinks truck loaded with $100 dollar bills. LOL, and Gip would love this trivia (if my math is right) A stack of $100 million worth of $100 dollar bills is 58 feet longer than a football field.  :)  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Happy, happy joy, joy Z.  I'm not the Curmudgeon in the survival pool for no reason. I'm mildly hopeful, but like they say in Missouri "SHOW ME" before I get excited. We just lost out on Smith, if Cousins stays true to his word, he's not coming to Cleveland either. Even if he does, it's premature to start thinking a winning record, much less playoffs. Hold off printing the Super Bowl tickets for a couple years at least. This is nowhere close to the Bronco's situation when they landed Manning. in fact, I'm pretty confident John Boy is going to try mighty hard to repeat that coup. MHO? Kirk on the Browns is buying a very expensive ticket on a plane that has a fair amount of air miles on it- that may not take you to the destination you want to wind up at. We get Cousins, it's "all in" for the next 4 years, I'd rather hedge my bets. 

I've been pretty clear on what I want to see happen. Nab the best FA bridge qb we can get. (I don't want McCarron at the cost of our #33.) Draft the best QB we have on our board- who's going to have a lot longer shelf life than Cousins, hope Barkley falls to #4. If he doesn't take Fitzpatrick or Chubb. Grab our running back @ #33 Sony Michel or equivalent. Right now our needs are #1 franchise qb- and it's not even close, DBs, RB, WR.  That's my take, love it or hate it. MHO it will get us to the Super Bowl just as soon as giving Cousins a Brinks truck loaded with $100 dollar bills. LOL, and Gip would love this trivia (if my math is right) A stack of $100 million worth of $100 dollar bills is 58 feet longer than a football field.  :)  

I think either scenario is great. This franchise has a lot to look forward to. Exciting times ahead.

Z

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Saquon's mother is going to sleep with a bipolar, mediocre teammate of his?

You are better than this. That's low, take it back.

19 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

How come you go on and on about the best player ever, but won't even answer a question about him?

Maybe it's because you read it and it actually made sense to you and you are now backing off 

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Quit polluting this forum with your Dog Slobber.

Honestly....I don't know if Barkley would be good/bad for this team....but because of your Dog Slobbering over him...I basically want no part of him.

48 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Honestly....I don't know if Barkley would be good/bad for this team....but because of your Dog Slobbering over him...I basically want no part of him.

Po told us Derek Carr would be a franchise QB.

Po told us Flash Gordon would be back as a Brown.

Po is correct, Barkley is the best "immediate impact" talent in the draft and if we pass on him we are making a huge mistake.

Po knows best.

Zombo

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Po is correct, Barkley is the best "immediate impact" talent in the draft and if we pass on him we are making a huge mistake.

Po knows best.

Zombo

Po  was in love with TR

Po was in love with Hogan

You are assessing Ghoolie like qualities to him  (giving him/himself credit for things he got right...ignoring what he got wrong).  Do you really want to go there?

54 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Po knows best.

Zombo

Po told us Trent Richardson would be awesome

Po told us Johnny Fuckwad was awesome

Po sucks off Cody Hogan

Po doesn't know his ass from third base.

Barkley is over rated.   Plenty of RB's just as good as Charles Barkley can be found in round 2.

6 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Barkley is over rated.   Plenty of RB's just as good as Charles Barkley can be found in round 2.

D*mn you kinda took my Charles Barkley line......but with two HIGH first round picks I'd like to see them get a top RB along with a stud other pick.......that is if they don't have to waste a pick on a "not ready for prime time quarterback" this year, oh well we all have our wish lists. 

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

D*mn you kinda took my Charles Barkley line......but with two HIGH first round picks I'd like to see them get a top RB along with a stud other pick.......that is if they don't have to waste a pick on a "not ready for prime time quarterback" this year, oh well we all have our wish lists. 

I don't see Barkley in the Tomlinson/Peterson class.   So therefore there's plenty of backs that are just as good that can be had at 33.   QB at 1 and then best player available (other than OL) at 4.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He's now confining his Saquon stand to one thread... I think we can give him that.

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

I don't see Barkley in the Tomlinson/Peterson class.   So therefore there's plenty of backs that are just as good that can be had at 33.   QB at 1 and then best player available (other than OL) at 4.

That is a possibility, college hype bust or might shine at the next level? And yes the normal rounds for good RBs is generally  2-4.

QUESTION: How does he compare with that fast stud Ezekiel coming out of OHIO STATE? 

On my wish list:

A. Smith - gone

K. Cousins - please somehow sign, avoid a QB pick in round 1

Two first round picks with a RB and other stud player

Hit the lottery for more than $10 :lol:

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh good... somebody else notices this too.

He has speed... although I think his Combine 40 time will not live up to billing. Speed to power? Doesn't just apply to Edge rushers.

His strength is supposed to be fast+elusive+power... and he has all those elements... but which one is "elite" in its own right?

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

He has speed... although I think his Combine 40 time will not live up to billing. Speed to power? Doesn't just apply to Edge rushers.

His strength is supposed to be fast+elusive+power... and he has all those elements... but which one is "elite" in its own right?

Straight line speed, yes.  But this talk of him running a 4.3?  No way.   Same thing I heard about Peppers last year.    As for the speed to power? I just don't see him as an inside gap runner that turns out more yards than his line blocks for at times.  He also has a nasty habit of chopping his feet or at times not even moving them when behind the LOS.

As for being elusive? First game I dialed up with the Iowa one and he was tackled in open field by DB's more times than I care to count.  

Yes, yes, Gipper, Ghoolie qualities should not be given to anyone. There is only one Ghoolie and he is me. I am the most accurate football prognosticator and expert regardless of the theater and geography. 

But, I digress. I don't have time for this schidt........ I am busy selling one of my homes, getting my garage ready for a Harley, and trying to figure out how to hide my wife's guns so I am safe when I bring the bike home. 

Also, I am writing another Irish tune. This time for WSS. I may sing on this one, in honor of my great, long time friend.

Here is some music for all of you. It will hopefully cause you to take a break from trying to launch grenades at me.

1) Ride The High Country....... a simple demo of a song I am pitching to a movie maker for a new cowboy project.

2) A short diddy of That's Amore'....because I love you all.

Enjoy.

Ride The High Country - Final.mp3

That's Amore.mp3

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:20 AM, mjp28 said:

Absolutely and welcome to the Browns Board! 

I was so hoping the BROWNS could land an offseason starting QB but we'll see on that I'd love to see them get Barkley plus another stud player, maybe defense?  Minkah? Plus with 12 picks they can really get need players.

Archived