THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

cdl15

Saquon Barkley is the LeBron James of football. 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barkley was clocked during a game at about 22.9 MPH... that's with gear on, that's insane!

EVENT

RECORD

ATHLETE

MPH

60 m (indoor) 6.39 s Maurice Green 21.00
100 m 9.58 s Usain Bolt

Oh Man! I was just thinking... Who would win in a race- Gordon or Barkley? 

HAHA! We bouts ta have da JUICE!!!

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

If the Browns do not draft Barkley #1 #1 they will have another mistake (WENZ and TRUBISKY) rubbed in their face.

WENZ is spelled WENTZ, and since apparently you were the first person in the world to know about him you should know that. And Trubisky doesn't belong in the same sentence as Wentz. 4-8 record, 7 TD 7 INT isn't very good. Deshaun Watson, who you were WRONG on was MUCH better as a rookie. And that was getting hurt half way through. BOY  o boy,  2 QB missed in a row, you must be down to 99% in your mind

God Bless 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Overview

Barkley has gained notoriety for not only his work on the field, but his relentless work ethic in the weight room and in practice makes his great-uncle, former boxing champion Iran Barkley, proud. Barkley was a four-star recruit and all-state pick (1,856 yards, 31 total TD as a senior) and 100-meter state champion from Pennsylvania (though born in the Bronx). In his first year with the Nittany Lions, all Barkley did was set a school record for freshmen with 1,076 yards (on 182 carries, with seven scores; 20 receptions, 161 yards, TD receiving) and earn Freshman All-American and second-team All-Big Ten honors. He started six of 11 games played, missing two with an ankle injury, with one of his best accomplishments being that he ran for 195 yards and two scores against Ohio State on the road. Barkley really excelled as a sophomore, garnering third-team Associated Press All-American accolades and being named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year after running for 1,496 yards and 18 touchdowns (tied for sixth in the FBS) on 272 carries (ninth). He finished off the year with 204 yards and two scores on 25 carries against USC in the Rose Bowl, showing off his elite speed and cutting ability, as well as receiving ability and willingness to participate in pass protection.

Analysis

Strengths

Compact frame carries muscular, powerful trunk. High tempo runner with urgent underpinnings as his core. Offensive lineman's best friend with talent to dismiss penetration with deft footwork. Runs with optimal pad level. Elite wiggle triggered by fluid hips. Knee bend and quick-twitch powers sudden stops paired with aggressive jump cuts and spin moves to leave tacklers hanging. Can alter the course of the run whenever he wants. Presses line of scrimmage to give himself ample time to make his reads. Vision is solid. Keeps eyes darting when navigating interior running lanes. Exploits voided cutback lanes. Lateral burst and agility are top-notch. Has plant-and-go burst to rocket around the corner when needed. Good feel for managing distance between himself and defenders once he finds an opening. Feet are in constant motion and he rarely gears down to change direction in open field. Capable pass catcher. Effective separator in his routes. Beats up linebackers on wheel routes. Very tough and very competitive. Added two kick returns for touchdowns this year and will do what he must to help his team win. Football character and personal character are impeccable.

Weaknesses

More elusive than he is powerful.

I can live with that. 

Has modest broken tackle numbers during his career at Penn State.

Modest broken tackles, okay, but what is the number of players left eating turf that didn't get a hand on him?

Plays with inconsistent leg drive through contact when working between the tackles.

Not something I've noticed but I'll look into it.

Will need to develop a more north/south mindset as a pro. 

Totally a matter of opinion. Not a weakness.

Doesn't always trust his run crease and will look to find side doors to bounce out of.

Sometimes those creases are traps, intuition is a beautiful thing, gotta go with the gut sometimes.

Gets too cute with stutter-steps and jukes on first level allowing help to flow to the ball.

...grasping at straws...

Needs a little earlier commitment on stretch plays and sweeps rather than going through extended probing.

Slightly nitpicking...

Has bouts with focus drops as pass catcher and his catch radius is limited.

Limited- LOL! Duke Johnson is "limited". Limited doesn't even belong on the same page as Saquon. Dude has UNLIMITED potential. I've never seen a better runner. 

Inconsistent at take-on blocks in pass protection.

He's no slouch in Pass protect, he can get better, he has gotten better and he'll do even better, you'll see. :) 

It's really okay to just say that, "He doesn't really have any weaknesses". :P

Draft Projection

Round 1 (top 5) (#1 Prospect)

NFL Comparison

Barry Sanders

Bottom Line.

Every-down running back with the ability to alter the course of an offense and become a face of the franchise-type player. Barkley has the rare ability to create additional yardage through elusiveness, speed, vision and feel for space in the open field. While he has been tasked with carrying a heavy load at Penn State, their decision to limit his carries somewhat this season could help Barkley headed into his rookie season. Barkley is a buffet runner who thrives with the more plates you give him and he has a chance to become an early All-Pro no matter what team takes him.

You are so set on this guy, that you must not even read what is written that you quote. They said his CATCH RADIUS was limited, and you say he has unlimited potential and never seen a better runner. NEITHER has anything to do with CATCH RADIUS. Or do you want to admit you don't know what that means

1 minute ago, Gunz41 said:

You are so set on this guy, that you must not even read what is written that you quote. They said his CATCH RADIUS was limited, and you say he has unlimited potential and never seen a better runner. NEITHER has anything to do with CATCH RADIUS. Or do you want to admit you don't know what that means

I know exactly what was meant, and it makes no sense. Maybe you don't know what it is? 

How can he be quick-twitch, super agile, amazing leaping ability, stop and go on a dime and in any stretch of the imagination have a "limited" catch radius? He's a six foot tall runningback, Duke Johnson is 5'7 on a good day. I said what I meant and I meant what I said... Good enough for you? ;)

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

I know exactly what was meant, and it makes no sense. Maybe you don't know what it is? 

How can he be quick-twitch, super agile, amazing leaping ability, stop and go on a dime and in any stretch of the imagination have a "limited" catch radius? He's a six foot tall runningback, Duke Johnson is 5'7 on a good day. I said what I meant and I meant what I said... Good enough for you? ;)

If you want to look like you haven't a clue, fine by me. 

And I love how you have said it before, and now this quote you had said his comparison was Barry Sanders. Well one, there will only ever be 1 Barry, but you know who recently was compared to Barry Sanders. Ameer Abdullah. 

You are still not understanding why people are getting on you for this. Nobody is saying Barkley isn't good, talented, be a bust, etc. But he hasn't taken a SNAP in the NFL and you are calling him a generational player and better than top NFL players.

You know who that sounds like????? LAVAR BALL.... That's it, you are the Lavar Ball here

15 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

WENZ is spelled WENTZ, and since apparently you were the first person in the world to know about him you should know that. And Trubisky doesn't belong in the same sentence as Wentz. 4-8 record, 7 TD 7 INT isn't very good. Deshaun Watson, who you were WRONG on was MUCH better as a rookie. And that was getting hurt half way through. BOY  o boy,  2 QB missed in a row, you must be down to 99% in your mind

God Bless 

Pippy, I am not going to fukck arounf on a tiny phone keyboard to make your grammar fetish requests. The point of communication is just that..............communicating. If I was writing a fourth book, or another magazine article, or something that was going to be published, I would absolutely look for typos.

Watson? I made no prediction or comment about him. Trubisky is better than Wentz. is team was almost as bad as the Browns, and he increased their win percentage several hundred percent. He has no weapons and was put into very limited schenarios. Trubisky was the pick of the 2017 draft. We took a homosexual, cowgirl wannabe, who made a video begging not to go to schidthole Cleveland

I'm standing by what I believe is the RIGHT PICK at #1. 

Saquon Barkley is a GAME CHANGER, period. 

Crowell is gone, Duke is on his last year. Neither player- even if you combined the two, couldn't hold a candle to Barkley. 

SB is the best runner I've ever seen, better than ANY player I've seen. And I really don't care if he's only done it in college so far- because that is all that has been put up against him. I'm confident that next year the NFL will get to meet Barkley in an orange and brown uniform to the tune of 1500+ yards from scrimmage. 

Watson finished the season on IR. That's No bueno bro. It's okay to admit that you don't know what that means. ;P

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Unless he's another Jim Brown, passing on Barkley @ #1 is no big deal. I didn't see NFL.com rate him 9.0 "once in a lifetime player" either. It depends how the picks the Browns use in the first round turn out too. 

There will never be another Jim Brown. Who the Fukc cares what NFL.com rates him as? The guy is rated overall as the best player in the draft. here are several QBs who are #1 worthy picks. They will be there at #4, Barkley won.t. He Browns can come away from this draft with Barkley and a top QB. If they pick a QB at #1, Barkely will not be avaliable to them at #4.  I promise you, if the jackoff Browns take a QB at #1, Barkely will go instantaneously at #2. And jsut as the Browns looked like fools after the Bears took Trubisky and left us a homosexual Zumba instructor.....so too will the Browns blow another draft if they don't take him #1.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Pippy, I am not going to fukck arounf on a tiny phone keyboard to make your grammar fetish requests. The point of communication is just that..............communicating. If I was writing a fourth book, or another magazine article, or something that was going to be published, I would absolutely look for typos.

Watson? I made no prediction or comment about him. Trubisky is better than Wentz. is team was almost as bad as the Browns, and he increased their win percentage several hundred percent. He has no weapons and was put into very limited schenarios. Trubisky was the pick of the 2017 draft. We took a homosexual, cowgirl wannabe, who made a video begging not to go to schidthole Cleveland

Yes, yes you did make A LOT of comments on Watson and calling him names and said he would be the same as RG3. 

And please, keep this thread tagged so you can go back and see how wrong you were that Trubisky is better than Wentz. I guess Paxton is better too huh. Since Trubisky is better, that makes 3 QB in a row.

Which QB do you like this year? That way we know which one to stay away from? 

I'll bet someone who isn't a Browns fan could have made predictions like you that the team would be bad, this coach or that coach would struggle.

I know for a fact in the positions they have drafted who I wanted the Browns to draft. A lot of the times they didn't. And if they had, I wouldn't be close to 100%. 

So nostradamus, give us a couple predictions for the draft and the upcoming season. Then you can be on record and look smart or unsmart.

8 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Watson finished the season on IR. That's No bueno bro. It's okay to admit that you don't know what that means. ;P

He did indeed, and still had a better year than MT.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

There will never be another Jim Brown. Who the Fukc cares what NFL.com rates him as? The guy is rated overall as the best player in the draft. here are several QBs who are #1 worthy picks. They will be there at #4, Barkley won.t. He Browns can come away from this draft with Barkley and a top QB. If they pick a QB at #1, Barkely will not be avaliable to them at #4.  I promise you, if the jackoff Browns take a QB at #1, Barkely will go instantaneously at #2. And jsut as the Browns looked like fools after the Bears took Trubisky and left us a homosexual Zumba instructor.....so too will the Browns blow another draft if they don't take him #1.

Don't worry they are going to take him #1, they owe us one. 

Dorsey said that he's going to get REAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Now to credit "QB Camp nut huggers"- he DID say that we have to fix the QB position... but there are many ways to do that WITHOUT using the #1 overall pick and foregoing a "real football player" to do so. There will most likely be all but 1 of the QBs available at #4. The chances are low that both NY and CLE would covet the same QB anyways. 

Even Joe Thomas has come out and said, "Don't use another first round pick on a QB". Get Cousins and draft Barkley #1. But, regardless of whether we get Kirk Cousins in FA or not is irrelevant, drafting Barkley is Prime Objective #1. Getting another Rookie Qb is around objective #4 ;)

11 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm standing by what I believe is the RIGHT PICK at #1. 

Saquon Barkley is a GAME CHANGER, period. 

Crowell is gone, Duke is on his last year. Neither player- even if you combined the two, couldn't hold a candle to Barkley. 

SB is the best runner I've ever seen, better than ANY player I've seen. And I really don't care if he's only done it in college so far- because that is all that has been put up against him. I'm confident that next year the NFL will get to meet Barkley in an orange and brown uniform to the tune of 1500+ yards from scrimmage. 

He could very well meet all those things. But until he does it in NFL, and for more than a year, he isn't generational. 

I dont think either Crowell or Johnson are the answers for a feature back. 

I wasn't around when it sounds like you had the same man crush on Trent Richardson. He had a good rookie year, so then I'm guessing you were even more sold, then SPLAT. Heard you had it bad for Colt McCoy and now Kevin Hogan, so forgive me, but as I dont know you personally it's hard for me to go with trusting you.

Let's see exactly how far on the Barkley bus you are.

Current top 5 backs (in NO order)

Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Kareem Hunt

Which of them do you consider Saquon Barkley better than?

All time top backs (in NO order)

Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Ladanian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk, Adrian Peterson, Eric Dickerson

How many of those guys is he better than?

And Kevin Hogan, you seem to think he is a franchise quarterback for some reason, so how many starters are he better than?

NE- Brady, BUF- Tyrod, MIA- Cutler/Tannehill, NYJ- McCown

PIT- Big Ben, BAL- Flacco, CIN- Dalton, CLE- Kizer

JAX- Bottles, TEN- Mariota, HOU- Watson, IND- Luck/Brissett

KC- Smith/Mahomes, LAC- Rivers, OAK- Carr, DEN- Semien/Lynch

PHI- Wentz/Foles, DAL- Dak, WAS- Cousins, NYG- Manning

MIN- Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford, GB- Rodgers, DET- Stafford, CHI- Trubisky

NO- Brees, CAR- Newton, ATL- Ryan, TB- Winston

LAR- Goff, SEA- Wilson, SF- Jimmy G, ARI- Palmer (retired)

18 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Don't worry they are going to take him #1, they owe us one. 

Dorsey said that he's going to get REAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

Now to credit "QB Camp nut huggers"- he DID say that we have to fix the QB position... but there are many ways to do that WITHOUT using the #1 overall pick and foregoing a "real football player" to do so. There will most likely be all but 1 of the QBs available at #4. The chances are low that both NY and CLE would covet the same QB anyways. 

Even Joe Thomas has come out and said, "Don't use another first round pick on a QB". Get Cousins and draft Barkley #1. But, regardless of whether we get Kirk Cousins in FA or not is irrelevant, drafting Barkley is Prime Objective #1. Getting another Rookie Qb is around objective #4 ;)

I actually am not adverse to taking Barkley by the way. But if you have a QB that you believe is the franchise guy, you take him. It is certainly easier to replace the production of a running back as opposed to QB, even you have to believe that. 

At this point, there doesn't seem to be a consensus #1 QB, but how can you think the chances are low that Browns and Giants have the same guy as their top rated QB.

And I have heard, well you can still get a top rated QB at #4. Ok, so Browns take SB #1, Giants take a QB at 2, and Colts trade 3 to a QB needy team. So then the Browns get the 3rd QB. Here is how that worked out 2 years ago

Goff, Wentz, PAXTON LYNCH. Yeah, no drop off there

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

As usual more double talk. What's the most important position on offense? Isn't RB. Bitching we didn't take Mitch, and now we're in a position to get a guy better than Mitch- so take a RB. GTFOOH. There's two franchise qbs in this draft IMHO- Darnold and Mayfield. We take Barkley #1 overall- damn good chance they could both be gone by #4. So we're stuck with the 2018 version of Glassman Paxton Lynch-  2 Concussion Rosen, (doesn't want to play for the Browns?) & one more away from calling it a career, and hitting the tennis circuit. 

BTW, just because the Browns haven't in general drafted well since 1999, doesn't necessarily mean Dorsey & Wolfe will continue that trend. The draft is still a long way off. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

As usual more double talk. What's the most important position on offense? Isn't RB. Bitching we didn't take Mitch, and now we're in a position to get a guy better than Mitch- so take a RB. GTFOOH. There's two franchise qbs in this draft IMHO- Darnold and Mayfield. We take Barkley #1 overall- damn good chance they could both be gone by #4. So we're stuck with the 2018 version of Glassman Paxton Lynch-  2 Concussion Rosen, (doesn't want to play for the Browns?) & one more away from calling it a career, and hitting the tennis circuit. 

BTW, just because the Browns haven't in general drafted well since 1999, doesn't necessarily mean Dorsey & Wolfe will continue that trend. The draft is still a long way off. 

Larry,

my goal in life, to rile you up, is something, even your wife has admitted, I am the king of.  But let's be honest, the likelihood that the Browns are going to do something fukced up in this draft is higher than they will do something remarkable.

Taking Mayfield or Darnold, to me, is, EH..........Mayfiled would be my choice. He reminds me of a speedy Kosar, just taller. Seriously, he played better than Darnold did in the big show games. Mayfiled's team happened to Marty themselves out of a win. Darnold just flat out sucked immigrant peepee.

If the Browns REALLY wanted to make an impact, they woudl have found a way to get Alex Smith, then used 1 and 4 for a RB and stud WR. Given that they won't woo Cousins, I believe they should move #4 up to #2. What woudl that take? Coleman and Joe Thomas won't bring Sheet, BUT........ Trade the #4 + Thomas + Coleman to get #2,, or #3. Take Barkley at #1, then one of the QBs, at 2 or 3. Lights out baby, lightsout.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Watson? I made no prediction or comment about him. Trubisky is better than Wentz. is team was almost as bad as the Browns, and he increased their win percentage several hundred percent. He has no weapons and was put into very limited schenarios. Trubisky was the pick of the 2017 draft.

we finally get to a draft with a GM that agrees with your opinion at QB's win games & once again you jump off your rails..been watching ACC football over 20 years..Teams missing on Watson was far more mind blowing than bears jumping for 1 read trick pony Mitchell<<<(mama's boy). Wentz? What damn 4-5 star recruit had N.Dakota St. on their dream map? Have you seen our secondary? Unless Barkley can cover too;) Fitzpatrick or Derwin James needs to be the pick at #4 & get Peppers out of car parking valet..There is no depth in this draft at CB nor S & FA Agents of these positions know it..the FA S/CB at Rams, Trumaine Johnson (not great last season) may see a contract that Rod Woodson has never seen..$$$..trust the gm that put Hunt in KC..Wolfe is no slouch either..  

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Says the guy who tried to school me on my alleged grammar problems... You are a very mediocre troll.

I am in Camp Buy Kirk Cousin's Mortal Soul and draft Barkley #1.

Those two changes and we are an 8-8 team.

Cousin ain't a top 5 QB, but he's a damn solid one. Frees up the picks for Barkley and and a defender at the top of the draft.

If the Cousins to Denver rumors are true, then I am not taking Barkley #1, I am going for Rosen or Darnold, but I will make sure I get Barkley, even if I have to trade up from #4.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I am in Camp Buy Kirk Cousin's Mortal Soul and draft Barkley #1.

Those two changes and we are an 8-8 team.

Cousin ain't a top 5 QB, but he's a damn solid one. Frees up the picks for Barkley and and a defender at the top of the draft.

If the Cousins to Denver rumors are true, then I am not taking Barkley #1, I am going for Rosen or Darnold, but I will make sure I get Barkley, even if I have to trade up from #4.

Zombo

Sorry Z, Cousins said @ the SB winning is more important. Hope you noticed our Redskins visitors weren't super keen on him. Neither am I, contract talk will start at Stafford's $135 million and go up from there. If you've been following the chatter, the Broncos are for sure in play to make a bid for Kirk.

Anymore, I'm not into instant gratification, at the cost of long term success and a quick trip to cap hell. 

Archived