THE BROWNS BOARD

Mel Kiper says

Westside Steve

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Does watching 4-5 complete games of Allen count Tour?

Depends how you "watch".

1. If it's just a single live, real-time viewing, then it counts a little more.
  2. If you rewind to look at different aspects of throws, a lot more.
  3. If you take notes... more.
  4. Both #2 and 3? Don't look now, but you are breaking down tape...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the same Mel Kiper that had Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning?

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

Is this the same Mel Kiper that had Ryan Leaf ahead of Peyton Manning?

actually, that is pretty good ! LOL. I reckon Kiper learned his lesson on character etc...

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/19/mel-kiper-2018-nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-ryan-leaf/

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

actually, that is pretty good ! LOL. I reckon Kiper learned his lesson on character etc...

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/19/mel-kiper-2018-nfl-mock-draft-josh-allen-ryan-leaf/

My POV Cal is character counts in the evaluation- to a point. Dak Prescott dropped in the draft due to the DUI. Turns out that was an isolated instance- the same might be the case with Mayfield. Yeah, he's done some stupid crap on the field, but I'll chalk that up to youthful exuberance. OTOH, Johnny Football has so many red character flags you would have thought it was back in the day of a Kremlin parade. He's probably the only guy I've ever torpedoed mostly on that basis- but there were other holes in his game I didn't like either. 

On 1/19/2018 at 7:19 PM, calfoxwc said:

"Analysis

Strengths

XXX  has an NFL-quality frame that allows him to look over the offensive line and deliver his throws without a hitch. His quick release is his strongest asset, as he consistently fires the ball with a compact throwing motion and strong delivery. The ball zips off his arm, and he has the ability to fit it in any tight space. He is "all of the above" in terms of being a mature, poised leader. He is an accurate passer on throws short and long, and he has that gunslinger mentality to go for the deep ball when it's an option. He understands route progressions and throwing the ball to allow his receiver to make a play."

...this guy don't sound any dang good.

19 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

So he's one one lesson up on you?

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

how is that exactly? since I didn't like leaf back in the day, and now Kiper unknowingly agrees with me? eh?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

20 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Come on Tour every town needs it's town character. :D

Archived