THE BROWNS BOARD

What would you do???

Gunz41

I know hindsight is 20/20 and this we should have drafted him is done every year and it is frustrating we didn't draft that guy. 

This is somewhat like that, but a little different. Just using the last 3 drafts, with the draft position the Browns had, who would you have drafted.

Remember if you take someone with the original pick, then don't have the traded assets.

Reason I am asking, is say you really liked Wentz and Jalen Ramsey, can't have both. So how would you maneuver the draft to make the best team in your mind

I'm too new to answer that ?  However, I do believe in not reaching, whether qb or other.  You take the best players available at any position.  And this year, like many, the best player available at 1 is not a qb.  A team needs a Prime Objective.  And that is always, under all circumstances, to get TBPA.  If any GM or coach ever ignores the PO, it is grounds for immediate expulsion.  The long term success of team is what is paramount.

7 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

I'm too new to answer that ?  However, I do believe in not reaching, whether qb or other.  You take the best players available at any position.  And this year, like many, the best player available at 1 is not a qb.  A team needs a Prime Objective.  And that is always, under all circumstances, to get TBPA.  If any GM or coach ever ignores the PO, it is grounds for immediate expulsion.  The long term success of team is what is paramount.

Prime Objective....or Prime Directive.    Maybe you need to put this post in the Star Trek thread.

23 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I know hindsight is 20/20 and this we should have drafted him is done every year and it is frustrating we didn't draft that guy. 

This is somewhat like that, but a little different. Just using the last 3 drafts, with the draft position the Browns had, who would you have drafted.

Remember if you take someone with the original pick, then don't have the traded assets.

Reason I am asking, is say you really liked Wentz and Jalen Ramsey, can't have both. So how would you maneuver the draft to make the best team in your mind

I'm going to take this a little deeper: What I wanted to do versus what the Browns did since 1999:

I will add PFF DrAV score ... Which is the AV score for the team that drafted him.

All of my picks would have been available with the Browns original draft pick

Zombo: Couch 30

Browns: Couch 30

Z: Arrington 45

B: C. Brown 21

Z: Leonard Davis 27

B: Gerard Warren 27

Z:  Ed Reed 103

B: William Green 14

Z: Larry Johnson 50

B: Jeff Faine 11

Z: Roy Williams 30

B: traded a second rounder to move up one spot and take Kellen Winslow 19

Z:  Derrick Johnson (could have traded down to get him) 84

B: Braylon Edwards 28

Z: Tamba Hali 77

B: Kameron Wimbley 26

Z: Adrian Peterson 88

B1: Joe Thomas  83

B2: Traded 2nd rounder and next years first for Brady Quinn 3

Z: Never would have traded it for Quinn

B: Traded it for Quinn

Z: Michael Crabtree 33

B: Traded #5 for #17 and a 2nd rounder, Traded back two spots to #19 and took Alex Mack 35

Z: Joe Haden 40

B: Joe Haden 40

Z:  Julio Jones 77

B: Traded #5 to Atlanta for #27,  a 2nd and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and 4th in 2012. Traded #27 and a 3rd to move up #21 to take Phil Taylor 20

Z1 & 2: Wanted to trade both picks + to move up and take Robert Griffin 32

B1: Traded a 4th, 5th and 7th to move up one spot and take Trent Richardson 7

B2: Brandon Weeden 11

Z: Wanted to trade back for Cordarelle Patterson 18

B: Barkevious Mingo 10

Z1: Khalil Mack 45

Z2: Kelvin Benjamin 19

B1: Traded #4 to Buffalo for #9 and a 1st and 4th in 2015, Traded a 5th rounder and move up one spot to take Justin Gilbert 3

B2: Traded #26 and a 3rd to move up to #22 and take Johnny Manziel  5

Z1: Danny Shelton 16

Z2 Shane Ray 11

B1: Danny Shelton 16

B2 Cam Erving 7

Z: Carson Wentz 24

B Traded #2 and 2017 5th  for Philly's 1st (#8), 3rd and 5th, 2017 1st and 2018 2nd. Traded #8 and a 6th for Titans #15, a 3rd, and 2017 2nd. At #15 took Corey Coleman 5

Z1 Myles Garrett 4

Z2 Deshone Kizer 5 (trade back)

B1 Myles Garrett 4

B2 Traded #10 to Houston for #25 and  1st in 2018, at #25 took Jabril Peppers 5

B3 Traded back into firat round for David Njoku 2

Summary: Zombo ... Some guys great, some not-so great, some similar to Browns. Browns ... Always seem to make the wrong decision ... But loaded for bear in the future

My Total DrAV: 858including HOFers Reed and Peterson.

Browns Total DrAV: 429 including HOFer Thomas

Zombo

I cannot recall what I would have done as far back as Z has gone....but here are some of my  Choices vs. what the Browns did do:

2017   Gipper:   Trubisky        Browns:  Garrett

2016: Gipper: Bosa    Browns:  traded down for Coleman

2015: 1. Gipper : Shelton   Browns:  Shelton  2.  Gipper Agholor  Browns: Cam Erving

2014:  1.  Gipper:   K. Mack   Browns:  traded down for Gilbert   2. Gipper:  Bradley Roby   Browns:  JMZ

2013: Gipper:  Pork Chop Warmack   Browns:  Mingo

2012:  1.  Gipper Go up and get RGIII    Browns: went up to get Richardson   2.  Gipper:  Whitney Mercilus  Browns: Brandon Weeden

2011:  Gipper: wanted AJ Green...but he was gone and would have gone for Julio Jones.  Browns:  traded down to get Phil TAylor

2010: Gipper:   Haden   Browns: Haden

2009: Before trade...don't recall   After trade:   Gipper:  Clay Matthews III   Browns:  Alex Mack

Before that I don't really recall.

Why does it seem like everyone knows who the better pick will be after the fact.  If you poll everyone on this board and ask who will the Browns pick, you'll get many different results.  The GMs had to go with their best picks and consider who will be available in the future.  They didn't think they would be gone in 2 years (like many of our coaches).  I've said it before and I'll say it again, we shouldn't have had more than 4 coaches since '99.  This team would have been much better.  I know what you're going to say, so go ahead and let me have it.

16 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Why does it seem like everyone knows who the better pick will be after the fact.  If you poll everyone on this board and ask who will the Browns pick, you'll get many different results.  The GMs had to go with their best picks and consider who will be available in the future.  They didn't think they would be gone in 2 years (like many of our coaches).  I've said it before and I'll say it again, we shouldn't have had more than 4 coaches since '99.  This team would have been much better.  I know what you're going to say, so go ahead and let me have it.

We were all on here and said who we wanted before the picks. It's a matter of record for us regulars.

The Browns have just been really. Really bad at drafting, no way around it.

Coaching stability helps true, we are going that route now ... just changing the picker ... again... hopefully he picks better than the average yahoo on here.

Zombo

14 hours ago, Zombo said:

We were all on here and said who we wanted before the picks. It's a matter of record for us regulars.

The Browns have just been really. Really bad at drafting, no way around it.

Coaching stability helps true, we are going that route now ... just changing the picker ... again... hopefully he picks better than the average yahoo on here.

Zombo

Thought you were going to merge a lot of the draft threads?

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I merge when I feel it is needed. Carry on.

Zombo

All of Po's Barkley threads need to be merged. I'll do it myself when I get around to it. MHO it's worse than his  Richardson love.😍😍😍

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

All of Po's Barkley threads need to be merged. I'll do it myself when I get around to it. MHO it's worse than his  Richardson love.😍😍😍

But not as bad as his Hogan love.   At least with TR/Barkley....there was a lot of suspected quality talent involved....even if in the case of TR it ended up being disappointing.   With Hogan.....?  There is no rationality whatsoever.

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I didn't know there was more than one Barkley thread. I only merge what is on the fronnt page ... what moves on to Page Two is down the river ...

Zombo

THIS, if we can string 7 shoelace holes anymore?>>>>  https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Seven-steps-to-turn-the-Browns-around-in-one-off-season-113742269  now to mix & match draft-able"s with sprinkles of FA's..(don't like "all about me" Labia Bell idea either)   

Archived