THE BROWNS BOARD

Todd Haley

LionOfBuddha

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

We'll see how he does with Kizer Gordon and Crow instead of Roethlisberger Bell and Brown.

Hopefully he will shape our Trio up.

WSS

Decent chance only one will be around by training camp

1 minute ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

You’re gonna have to define “decent”. 

Kizer and Gordon will be on the roster, unless Gordon Shmucks up again.

Well, it is Josh Gordon.

Him Shmucking up and getting himself suspended is the definition of a "decent" chance. :lol:

46 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

We'll see how he does with Kizer Gordon and Crow instead of Roethlisberger Bell and Brown.

Hopefully he will shape our Trio up.

WSS

Kizer will be 2nd or 3rd string. Crow will be upgraded. Gordon's n is a beast. This team for 2018 is all upside. 

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Kizer will be 2nd or 3rd string. Crow will be upgraded. Gordon's n is a beast. This team for 2018 is all upside. 

Except that we still have hue as head coach. Where is the upside in thatExcept that we still have hue as head coach. Where is the upside in that

sooooo...does this hire automatically jump the browns to the top of Hard Knocks? Seriously, HBO has to be foaming at the mouth for this to come true. let's ask the important questions:

Williams and Haley considered two of the most intense coaches on the same team? check

A coach on the hot seat? check

A winless team looking for redemption? check

A middling owner? check

A fan base desperate for a winner? check

The number one overall draft pick? check

Last year's number one overall draft pick? check

Yep, I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best season ever....

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Except that we still have hue as head coach. Where is the upside in thatExcept that we still have hue as head coach. Where is the upside in that

The Hue hate is on par with the national political hate scene lol. Look I think Hues made some silly calls and mistakes. Let's not forget he did go 8-8 as the HC of the Raiders. 

This hire is interesting in that prior to this weekend we had interviewed quite a few guys for OC.  Some of them pretty respected names.  And we didn't hire any of 'em.  - Almost as if we were waiting for Haley to be fired.

So now Hue is NOT the OC.  This paves the way for his firing during the ensuing season should things not go well.  

59 minutes ago, Orion said:

So now Hue is NOT the OC.  This paves the way for his firing during the ensuing season should things not go well.  

...... and Haley then given his 1st head coaching job by the Browns. 

6 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

sooooo...does this hire automatically jump the browns to the top of Hard Knocks? Seriously, HBO has to be foaming at the mouth for this to come true. let's ask the important questions:

Williams and Haley considered two of the most intense coaches on the same team? check

A coach on the hot seat? check

A winless team looking for redemption? check

A middling owner? check

A fan base desperate for a winner? check

The number one overall draft pick? check

Last year's number one overall draft pick? check

Yep, I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best season ever....

I've been thinking since last September that 2018's Hard Knocks would be the Browns. They already were in the talk for the 2017 season. 

You forgot adding Gordon as "the talented player with off field problems". I think many people are willing to see how does his story end.

FUKCKING IDIOTS.

BEN put up points. This Haley Jackoff called a pitchout on 3th an inches with 9 in the box.

LMAO.....The Steelers take a dump and the Browns think it is meat loaf. 

What a moronic franchise....and moronic fans.

Build a winner by hiring the champions flunkees.....

HERE WE GO HOLMGREN HERE WE GO

HERE WE GO ROMEO. HERE WE GO

HERE WE GO SEWAGE JERE WE GO

Unbelievable.  Not only do.these axzzholes make the same stupid mistakes over and again, but fans think this is actually a rebirth.

6 hours ago, jcam222 said:

The Hue hate is on par with the national political hate scene lol. Look I think Hues made some silly calls and mistakes. Let's not forget he did go 8-8 as the HC of the Raiders. 

So.. Why didn't the Raidahz keep him?... They mustve' sensed something about "Pue"

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Build a winner by hiring the champions flunkees.....

HERE WE GO HOLMGREN HERE WE GO

HERE WE GO ROMEO. HERE WE GO

HERE WE GO SEWAGE JERE WE GO

Unbelievable.  Not only do.these axzzholes make the same stupid mistakes over and again, but fans think this is actually a rebirth.

May your fingers develop leprosy and fall off.

15 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Lets not forget he is 1-31 with the Browns.......

Real brain fart there, but I agree. If Haley was responsible for that pitchout, another brain fart. Hue has a case of severe flatulence every time he gets in the redzone. Anyone would be a major improvement over Huey "Redzone/Redflag" Jackson.

I think it's difficult to be upset about hiring an OC who helped his team be number 2 in offense over the past couple of seasons.  Obviously we don't have Big Ben, Bell, Antonio Brown, and the rest of their studs, but still...this is a big hire.

I love the hire not because of his roaring success as OC in both Arizona and Pittsburgh, but because he and his wife got in a bar fight on New Years Eve {after the Browns game) and he was mysteriously injured.

We need a bar fight mentality. I think both of our coordinators have that now.  Someone please get the fucking talent now.

Zombo

--Dorsey was a scrapper too, pick some badass AFC North football players, please.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Wasn't Haley the HC of Arizona?

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

Indeed he was 

.... sucks getting old. 

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, though I hardly pored over every post, is that ,while Haley is almost certainly realistic enough to know the browns aren't going to be an immediate contender, he probably feels a burning desire to stick it to Pittsburgh. That's a great thing for us.

9 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, though I hardly pored over every post, is that ,while Haley is almost certainly realistic enough to know the browns aren't going to be an immediate contender, he probably feels a burning desire to stick it to Pittsburgh. That's a great thing for us.

But that desire will be useless unless he performs his task at a high level.   And, as someone said.....he won't have BR here to run his offense for him.  We won't know who we will have, be it a veteran QB, a  rookie QB......or maybe HE will think that Kizer is the second coming of BR.  But...I suspect he is smart enough to see Kizer as most of us see him. i.e.  NOT NFL starting QB material.

Archived