Jump to content

Recommended Posts

"During Haley's 6 year tenure as the Steelers' OC, they averaged averaged the third-most yards per play in the league. In the past four seasons under Haley, the Steelers were second in NFL scoring behind only the Patriots." This kind of resume is exactly what this team needs to win.

 

Which is exactly why he won't get the job.

 

Do any of you think Hue, whose hold on the HC job is tenuous at best, would hire someone who's clearly more talented at coaching an offense than he his, and who's had previous HC experience? Why would Hue want the Browns to hire a potential successor to him if the Browns start the year 0-4 or 0-6, etc? 

Hue wants a "yes" man, whom he can claim credit for if the Browns do well, and who can be thrown under the bus to protect his job if they suck again. Todd Haley is not that man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, hard pass on Bell. Dude is a crybaby bitch, poor teammate, delusional primadonna and just an all around festering pile of garbage. He has a lot of miles on him, and is a distraction that a young team doesn’t need.  

Bell is incredibly talented, but there are plenty of talented backs in the draft who are a lot cheaper, younger, smarter and easier to work with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be fine with it. Hue Jackson is an offensive minded coach and if he wants his quarterback to have the ability to change plays, then it will be so. Kizer did this multiple times during the season, with mixed results (remember the sneak with no timeouts? Yeah...) 

The difficult part of evaluating someone like Haley is knowing how much of the success was due to having such incredible talent, or if the talent thrived because of him. Something tells me Haley knows his stuff and we'd be lucky to have him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

"During Haley's 6 year tenure as the Steelers' OC, they averaged averaged the third-most yards per play in the league. In the past four seasons under Haley, the Steelers were second in NFL scoring behind only the Patriots." This kind of resume is exactly what this team needs to win.

 

Which is exactly why he won't get the job.

 

Do any of you think Hue, whose hold on the HC job is tenuous at best, would hire someone who's clearly more talented at coaching an offense than he his, and who's had previous HC experience? Why would Hue want the Browns to hire a potential successor to him if the Browns start the year 0-4 or 0-6, etc? 

Hue wants a "yes" man, whom he can claim credit for if the Browns do well, and who can be thrown under the bus to protect his job if they suck again. Todd Haley is not that man.

I’m afraid I expect this to be spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I’m afraid I expect this to be spot on. 

same could be said about malarkey and McAdoo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if Hue doesn't hire someone to turn the offense around, then he's basically committing head coach suicide by saying that his own ego is more important than the success of the Browns and would be fired anyway.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Momszer said:

Well if Hue doesn't hire someone to turn the offense around, then he's basically committing head coach suicide by saying that his own ego is more important than the success of the Browns and would be fired anyway.

 

This. I agree with jbluhm too, but if Todd Haley is good, then we can be successful. And at this point, success is the only thing that will keep Hue’s job. He’s out of excuses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

FWIW, this is from a guy I know (Steelers fan) who has connects in the league 

4626016A-41D6-4EA5-A480-D6329E657BC0.jpeg

Anecdotal. Also, guy has coached some good offenses. Most of the guys who are perfectionist coaches are seen as being dicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should definitely not try to sign the best RB in the league... a player we can absolutely afford... away from an interdivisional rival.

 

You just can't make this sh!t up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wouldn't Haley or any o.c coming in want to hire his own guy's instead of the coach's hue hired  seems like a  A$$ Backward way of hiring 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been reported this could be done today......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We should definitely not try to sign the best RB in the league... a player we can absolutely afford... away from an interdivisional rival.

 

You just can't make this sh!t up.

-OR-

Could you imagine what Haley could do with a dedicated weapon and character guy, a leader by example and someone who is just scratching the surface of what's there? ... yeah, I'm talking about Saquon Barkley. If Haley can make Bell's dumb azz that good, imagine a player like SB and an All-Pro Offensive line with weapons at QB and WR? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns are closing in on a deal to hire Todd Haley as offensive coordinator,  League source tells me head coach Hue Jackson WILL cede play-calling duties to Haley. Big hire for the Browns.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

FWIW, this is from a guy I know (Steelers fan) who has connects in the league 

4626016A-41D6-4EA5-A480-D6329E657BC0.jpeg

Perfect a coach with an attitude who will keep players in line and accountable unlike that cream puff Uncle Fester 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

FWIW, this is from a guy I know (Steelers fan) who has connects in the league 

4626016A-41D6-4EA5-A480-D6329E657BC0.jpeg

To be fair, Kurt Warner just came out and said something to the effect that he loved playing with Haley as his OC and if he had any life left in his body he'd love to come back and play for him again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haley is a done deal. I think it's a good hire. He might be an butt but he's always had high powered offenses. Hell Williams is an butt and players love him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Haley is a done deal. I think it's a good hire. He might be an butt but he's always had high powered offenses. Hell Williams is an butt and players love him. 

I'd be more excited about this hire if I wasn't convinced that Hue will be fired by the night of the 2018 season finale at the latest, and his entire coaching staff will vanish like a fart in the wind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd be more excited about this hire if I wasn't convinced that Hue will be fired by the night of the 2018 season finale at the latest, and his entire coaching staff will vanish like a fart in the wind.

 

Haley could be our new HC when Huey is fired.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark O said:

Haley could be our new HC when Huey is fired.

That thought did pop into my mind... We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd be more excited about this hire if I wasn't convinced that Hue will be fired by the night of the 2018 season finale at the latest, and his entire coaching staff will vanish like a fart in the wind.

 

IF Hue, Williams and Haley can stay in their own lane sky's the limit. With the influx of talent we are about to get they will be contenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

IF Hue, Williams and Haley can stay in their own lane sky's the limit. With the influx of talent we are about to get they will be contenders. 

Lets win a game again before we go and say things like "they will be contenders".... :lol:

With the cap space available and the draft picks the Browns are set up for a turnaround. That is true.

But we've seen these opportunities before. Can they actually come through for once?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Lets win a game again before we go and say things like "they will be contenders".... :lol:

With the cap space available and the draft picks the Browns are set up for a turnaround. That is true.

But we've seen these opportunities before. Can they actually come through for once?

I’ve been following the Browns since 2012, so you and most on here probably know more than me but has there actually  been a time when we had this much cap space and this much draft capital?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hue needs an OC...in other words, someone else he can throw under the bus 🚌 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

To be fair, Kurt Warner just came out and said something to the effect that he loved playing with Haley as his OC and if he had any life left in his body he'd love to come back and play for him again.

Gee whiz Kurt Warner or some fat Pennsylvania sweathog? Who are you gonna believe?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionOfBuddha said:

I’ve been following the Browns since 2012, so you and most on here probably know more than me but has there actually  been a time when we had this much cap space and this much draft capital?

We've had cap space for years, and this is the fifth time the Browns have had two first rounders this decade. (Last draft the Browns ended up with three)

But this is the best cap space/draft capital the Browns have ever had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×